TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

36 (-1) 

71% fir

78% gir

17 putts

Started 2021 off with a double bogey, but that would be the only score worse than par for me. Hit all 3 par 5s in two, hence the putting stats. My proximity to hole was probably on average like 30' but I escaped with only one 3 putt par from about 45' which I'm not horribly upset about. Pretty happy to be hitting greens from 202y, 212, and 195.

It took me a couple of holes to get used to the weight of the LAB putter, it's significantly lighter feeling than my ER5 in the head. 

Also went back to the made for Ventus and definitely noticed the extra distance. I still think there could be a better fit for me as I really feel like I need to "Bryson" it for the shaft to produce. Solid start to '21 for me though! We also had a buyer accept our counter offer on the condo! Things are looking up!!!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

So, did you play today?    

No, I waited around for 5 hours for our alarm company tech to show up.  He was supposed to be here between 12 and 5 (don't you just love those appointment times?).  He didn't show up until 5:30 and that was after we called the office.

And, of course, the weather was nice. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

12 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Wife and I played yesterday at our new course - Cypress Creek in Ruskin. I've played here a couple of times already and had a pretty decent game. Yesterday not so much. I had a complete meltdown at the fifth hole and went downhill from there. Ended up with a 50 on the front. The back was getting worse so just stopped counting. Taking a couple of days off to get my head together.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

You better be good in 8 weeks.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

8 hours ago, Tom D. said:

Now if you head somewhere tropical, where the conditions are pristine, sharpen the pencil...😉

The sharpest pencil in my bag has an eraser on it 😁

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Haven't played much in the past few months, but got out the day after Christmas. Conditions were quite windy and I was struggling with some equipment issues; still managed an 88 with 28-putts though!

The round didn't start off particularly well as I hit a pull-draw OB, but I quickly got the driver and short game working (sort of). The biggest issue I had all day was with my irons. For reasons I won't go into here, I've been playing some old irons that just aren't a good fit for me in pretty much any way. I think I only had 3 or 4 well-struck iron shots for the whole round.

Overall though, I was pleased with my last round of 2020. Highlights of the round pretty much all came from putting - it's the only reason my score wasn't much, much worse.

Round.jpg.f6f656993193c288d2b1e92b7a9945c0.jpg

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Shot good today, couple birdies and missed many others.

id been having trouble a few weeks ago off the tee, and so I started flaring the back foot out 45°. That’s it. Also started taking an extra iron for every shot, and just smoothing the swing. It really has started getting like a pin attack. But I’m just not a long hitter with the irons.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Little sim action today. Was striking well took some easy swings so was a little shorter but helped my striking so it kind of offset each other. 

82 started off real hot going +2 on the front. Left myself flat putts so had a lot of roll ins. +8 on the back. Found the water at pebble a few times 😂

Best shot of the day (forget which hole) from 210 with a 4 iron stuck it to 10’

Had some good drives throughout. On the aboutgolf sims I feel like I don’t get the best true distance off them. Had some really good pokes I felt like and they went about 260 (average was 248). This one cut some distance off the corner 282

D19AEACD-DD52-4433-BE95-8B21FFFF6791.jpeg

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

24 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Little sim action today. Was striking well took some easy swings so was a little shorter but helped my striking so it kind of offset each other. 

82 started off real hot going +2 on the front. Left myself flat putts so had a lot of roll ins. +8 on the back. Found the water at pebble a few times 😂

Best shot of the day (forget which hole) from 210 with a 4 iron stuck it to 10’

Had some good drives throughout. On the aboutgolf sims I feel like I don’t get the best true distance off them. Had some really good pokes I felt like and they went about 260 (average was 248). This one cut some distance off the corner 282

D19AEACD-DD52-4433-BE95-8B21FFFF6791.jpeg

That's nice and an impressive drive! It's good you have a place where you can go and play on the simulators. With the weather y'all get up north, it's good you have a place to go to keep the swing grooved. 

7 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

That's nice and an impressive drive! It's good you have a place where you can go and play on the simulators. With the weather y'all get up north, it's good you have a place to go to keep the swing grooved. 

Close enough for me to stumble home if necessary too lol 😂it’s been mild for us so far knock on wood. Only 2 snow storms so far 🤞

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

7 minutes ago, jddaigneault said:

So, after 8 weeks I finally got cleared to hit golf balls coming off my back surgery. I only hit 10-15 in my backyard, but man oh man did it feel good. Not looking back!

That's great to hear, I know you had to be chomping at the bit to get back out there. It's good to hear your back surgery went well and now you're getting to ease back into hitting some golf balls. 

Weather was surprisingly decent today, instead of the forecast 70% chance of rain.   Course is saturated and some holes are so bad that it's difficult to find a spot that isn't casual water.  The soggy turf really pointed out my weaknesses with my irons (particularly shorter irons) on several occasions that really hurt my approach shots.  Limped in with an 83 and mud splattered pants.  But, my partner and I did prevail for the $5 win!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

23 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Weather was surprisingly decent today, instead of the forecast 70% chance of rain.   Course is saturated and some holes are so bad that it's difficult to find a spot that isn't casual water.  The soggy turf really pointed out my weaknesses with my irons (particularly shorter irons) on several occasions that really hurt my approach shots.  Limped in with an 83 and mud splattered pants.  But, my partner and I did prevail for the $5 win!

We got your rain I think!  All day!  Headed out tomorrow, and I expect to have some of those short iron shots off wet turf.  Wish me luck!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

5 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Had my first Eagle of 2021 today. #2 is a 515yd par 5 and uphill for the second shot but desert golf allowed me to hit my Dhy from 230 and land short but roll to about 20 feet and I made the putt. Finished the day 4 under on the par 5's with eagle-birdie-par-birdie but 2 over on there par 3's. They are difficult par 3's but no excuse to be 2 over when the ball is sitting on a tee. Just 2 really bad swings resulting in bogies. LOL 4 shots from 477 and 535 and then 4 shots from 170 and 179. 🤪

Are you hitting the Titleist irons or Cobra's?

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

... I have been playing the Cobra's. Probably play them for a solid month before making any decision on which will stay in my bag. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

13 hours ago, Kenny B said:

We got your rain I think!  All day!  Headed out tomorrow, and I expect to have some of those short iron shots off wet turf.  Wish me luck!!

May your shots be far better than mine were yesterday!  Hopefully, mine will too!

Clear and cool this morning for a back nine practice round (could still see my breath on 18 at 41 degrees).  I was the first one off the back, and went out as a threesome of me, myself, and I. The long grass actually had some frost on it (yes I played from it a few times as well), and was building up on my spikes.  The driver went where I pointed it, and consistently found the middle of the fairways, which was nice.  Made bogie on 3 of the first 4 holes (cold hands don't work quite as well), but pars on the rest except for the par 3 16th where a left-to-right 45 footer found the bottom of the hole for the first birdie of the year.  Attached pic is what caught my eye as I headed back to my bag on # 11.  Man it was nice to get out !

Backlit Bag.jpg

I'm decidedly brand agnostic -- but a bit less so with my recent change from a PING driver

:titelist-small: - TSi2 10.5 Driver - Tensei AV Raw Blue 55 R

:titelist-small: - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

:cobra-small:- Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg - Original Series 0211 - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

:cleveland-small: - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex

image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png - Directed Force 2.1 (Nickel) - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

:Snell:- MTB  Black

datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg - DG Lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to image.png.77fe07cbfea697deca64bd4a4263a151.png - Quad XL and Tracked by :ShotScope: - V3

20 minutes ago, Tom D. said:

Clear and cool this morning for a back nine practice round (could still see my breath on 18 at 41 degrees).  I was the first one off the back, and went out as a threesome of me, myself, and I. The long grass actually had some frost on it (yes I played from it a few times as well), and was building up on my spikes.  The driver went where I pointed it, and consistently found the middle of the fairways, which was nice.  Made bogie on 3 of the first 4 holes (cold hands don't work quite as well), but pars on the rest except for the par 3 16th where a left-to-right 45 footer found the bottom of the hole for the first birdie of the year.  Attached pic is what caught my eye as I headed back to my bag on # 11.  Man it was nice to get out !

Backlit Bag.jpg

Nice pic!

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

27 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Nice pic!

Thanks!  I glanced up as I was retrieving my ball, and said to myself, "that's cool, I gotta get a pic"

I'm decidedly brand agnostic -- but a bit less so with my recent change from a PING driver

:titelist-small: - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg - Original Series 0211 - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png - Directed Force 2.1 (Nickel) - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg - DG Lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to image.png.77fe07cbfea697deca64bd4a4263a151.png - Quad XL and Tracked by :ShotScope: - V3

1 hour ago, Tom D. said:

Backlit Bag.jpg

It looked like a good morning for you to be out and that 45 footer sounds awesome! Love the picture. 

3 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

It looked like a good morning for you to be out and that 45 footer sounds awesome! Love the picture. 

Thanks!  I forgot to mention earlier that I had a par-saving one putt on 18 from 23 feet😁.  Must say the DF 2.1 acquitted itself quite well from long range today.

17 minutes ago, Tom D. said:

Thanks!  I forgot to mention earlier that the par-saving one putt on 18 was from 23 feet😁.  Must say the DF 2.1 acquitted itself quite well from long range today.

There's nothing quite like the feeling of watching a long range putt finding the bottom of the hole. 

Not sure you can call what I did “playing golf.” More like “flailing at little balls in the grass with long sticks.” This is a hard game to get good at playing at most a couple times a month. Had a beautiful Maine fall day here in Florida, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Started off with a crisp 36 degree and foggy morning and was quickly 5 over par after 3 holes.  Made a par on #4 and slowly regained some resemblance of golf, finishing with a 82.  Too many mental errors in my game right now.  Can't remember the last time I shot my handicap.  It froze at 7.0 at the end of November and I don't believe I've had a decent round since.  To be fair, I'm not doing a lot of practice in this colder weather, either...so there's that.

8 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Started off with a crisp 36 degree and foggy morning and was quickly 5 over par after 3 holes.  Made a par on #4 and slowly regained some resemblance of golf, finishing with a 82.  Too many mental errors in my game right now.  Can't remember the last time I shot my handicap.  It froze at 7.0 at the end of November and I don't believe I've had a decent round since.  To be fair, I'm not doing a lot of practice in this colder weather, either...so there's that.

Well, started off with a crisp 36º and foggy morning and was quickly 4 over after 3 holes.  Made a par on #4 and slowly regained some resemblance of golf, finishing with an 82.  However, I didn't have any mental errors... OK, may be a couple.  🙄  I had one no-putt birdie and 3 doubles.  At least we celebrated my birdie with a shot of Wild Turkey Honey Sting (thank you @fozcycle).

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, fozcycle said:

Temp was 44* and we had a light crowd(25). My play was horrible, pulling approach shits to left bunker, then could not get out! Usually my ball was under the upper lip. I shot 46/45:91 with only one birdie (#7).

No golf tomorrow, SWMBO has a contractor coming to demo our pool bath and we will have a frost delay with Temp in low to mid 30’s.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Hey, your playing that's good considering what you were dealing with a few weeks ago!

44/42 at Mesa Del Sol for me today which included 3 OB's 🤬.  Winds were not quite as bad as forecasted but still very brisk and made for some fun shots.  Shotscope V2 had the blue flag on the par 3 #5 at 148 and directly into the 15+mph wind.  My windage adjustment put it at 158.  That would normally have me at a flush 7i or average strike a 6i.  Because the backside has a bunch of ball grabbing Oleander bushes, I chose the 7i, pressed forward a wee bit more than normal and caught it very well. I was able to 3 putt from 14 feet 😕.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

49 minutes ago, revkev said:
Played today for the first time this year - 41-42 83 sounds terrible but it’s been two weeks since I’ve be swung a club and it was a lovely 52 degrees, breezy and still ridiculously wet for this time of the year here

I know 52 sounds great to many of you but one of the guys we played with just moved here from PA and he couldn’t believe how cold it felt. If Kenny peeks at this it was a very similar day to the one we played on when you were here.

It felt good to get out. I’m just so busy because of additional pressures from COVID. We also had our third death from it this week

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Yes sir, even being from MI, 52 windy and wet is still 52 windy and wet, never good.

Very sorry for all of you who have lost loved ones.  

Sent from my SM-A716U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Edited by SlowNLow