TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

First round in 2.5 weeks; haven't touched a club during that time.  Our course opened today after our 1.5 weeks of snow and cold weather.  No snow on the course but there was lots of casual water.

Here's my approach to the par 5#18 with casual water on the fairway.  I wasn't in that one; I was in another one.

IMG_1357.jpeg.8c7e25162526cc9e4d2b1d4a9f8add1c.jpeg

The temp was 46º with wind still blowing 20-30 mph.  I started off well even though I didn't hit the best of shots on any of the first 4 holes... even par.  Then on #5 the wheels came off.  I ended up shooting +8 on each nine for a smooth 88.  The best thing I can say about the round was my short game still works; I have two no-putt pars.  The worst thing I can say is that I "hit for the cycle"... along with my pars, I had bogey, double, triple, and quad.  What a day!!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Got to sneak out for 9 today at lunch thanks to a long lunch a some appointment cancellations. Played pretty well, probably shot 5 over but I didn’t keep score. Had 2 birdies and nothing worse than bogey. Took full advantage of the lift clean in place rule, so had a lot of good lies on my approach shots. Probably hit my 3 wood as good as I’ve even hit it today!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

I was the only walker today but managed to play with another senior club member. Shot 39/45:84 with one Birdie. My Evnroll was on a roll.......8 up and downs today! Weather was beautiful mid 60’s to mid 70’s.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

2 hours ago, twyatt700 said:

Got to sneak out for 9 today at lunch thanks to a long lunch a some appointment cancellations. Played pretty well, probably shot 5 over but I didn’t keep score. Had 2 birdies and nothing worse than bogey. Took full advantage of the lift clean in place rule, so had a lot of good lies on my approach shots. Probably hit my 3 wood as good as I’ve even hit it today!

Oh and on the 9th I was able to reach in two on a 495 yard par five, that was with the dead plug off the tee! Conditions were soft out there!

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

19 hours ago, Kenny B said:

First round in 2.5 weeks; haven't touched a club during that time.  Our course opened today after our 1.5 weeks of snow and cold weather.  No snow on the course but there was lots of casual water.

Here's my approach to the par 5#18 with casual water on the fairway.  I wasn't in that one; I was in another one.

IMG_1357.jpeg.8c7e25162526cc9e4d2b1d4a9f8add1c.jpeg

The temp was 46º with wind still blowing 20-30 mph.  I started off well even though I didn't hit the best of shots on any of the first 4 holes... even par.  Then on #5 the wheels came off.  I ended up shooting +8 on each nine for a smooth 88.  The best thing I can say about the round was my short game still works; I have two no-putt pars.  The worst thing I can say is that I "hit for the cycle"... along with my pars, I had bogey, double, triple, and quad.  What a day!!!

So a solid 2 club up day? Really out of the ordinary to be that windy in your neck of the woods... NOT 🤣.  Many say that if the wind ever stops blowing in the Tri-Cities area, be afraid, very afraid. When we lived in the Tacoma area, I often made the drive over Snoqualmie Pass to fish Central Basin.  The winds almost invariably started at Cle Elum and never stopped until you got back over the pass.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

As expected post lesson and swing change, my ball striking suffered a bit today.  But, I focused on making the changes rather than reverting to the more comfortable "old" swing.  After draining several long putts, my opponents offered to pay for a putting lesson so that I'd screw those up, too. 😄 😄 

Anyway, shot an 84 today -- while not particularly pleased with that number, I pretty much expected higher scores post the lesson.  I just need to get to the range and work on the changes until they feel more natural.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

4 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

So a solid 2 club up day? Really out of the ordinary to be that windy in your neck of the woods... NOT 🤣.  Many say that if the wind ever stops blowing in the Tri-Cities area, be afraid, very afraid. When we lived in the Tacoma area, I often made the drive over Snoqualmie Pass to fish Central Basin.  The winds almost invariably started at Cle Elum and never stopped until you got back over the pass.

My BIL who lives in Seattle says "If you don'y play in the rain, you don't play much."  Here in the Tri-Cities, if you don't play in the wind, you don't play much.  I just think of it as being in a dry Scotland.  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

I just think of it as being in a dry Scotland.  😂

Well, I fished over there LOTS but only golfed once at the small 9 hole course at Dry Falls State Park as we were camped there.  A few of the guys I fished with were also golfers and thought chasing balls around that track would be fun - actually it was.  We fished until the dog-day part of the afternoon, went back for lunch, played golf, and then went back out after early dinner and fished until dark. Man, those were the days.  Burning our candles at both ends at work all week and trying to cram as much fun as you could into a short weekend.  Monday's felt like they would never end 🤪.

4 hours ago, Kenny B said:

My BIL who lives in Seattle says "If you don'y play in the rain, you don't play much."  Here in the Tri-Cities, if you don't play in the wind, you don't play much.  I just think of it as being in a dry Scotland.  😂

Reminds me of when I moved to Fargo, ND.   When I first met some fellow golfers and they found out that I'd just moved to Fargo, they'd ask "Do you like to play in the wind?  If not, you won't be playing very often."

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

... Playing with my normal partner from Chicago. He is much longer than I am and usually out drives me by 10-20yds playing the tips while I play the mens. But we are evenly matched or close as I usually beat him by a stroke or two. Heading into #16 a difficult par 3 playing 198 for him and 181 for me we were tied at 1 over. #16 is a little uphill and into a gentle breeze and he hit it 4 feet below the hole. I hit 1" behind the ball and dribbled my tee shot about 90 yds. I got the wrong yardage somehow thinking it was 68 and it was 98 so I barely hit my 58* to the front edge. Next I have a 90ft uphill breaking putt and run it 12 feet past the hole. CJ is still waiting to hit his birdie putt and said "this could be a a 3 shot swing" so I rolled in my putt for the ugliest 4 in par 3 history. He missed his birdie and it was a one shot swing. He took an 8 on the next par 4 while I made par and I said "Sorry I forgot to answer you but you were right, it was a 3 shot swing" To his credit he laughed and said "I hate you". 🤣

... To add insult to injury he hit a 336yd drive on 18 leaving him an 8 iron in while I had 198 and hit a 4 iron to 10 feet and made the birdie while he spun his 8 iron back off the green and into the bunker finishing with a bogie while I resisted the urge to say "sorry, 5 shot swing". The golf gods can be very punitive. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

9 hours ago, chisag said:

... Playing with my normal partner from Chicago. He is much longer than I am and usually out drives me by 10-20yds playing the tips while I play the mens. But we are evenly matched or close as I usually beat him by a stroke or two. Heading into #16 a difficult par 3 playing 198 for him and 181 for me we were tied at 1 over. #16 is a little uphill and into a gentle breeze and he hit it 4 feet below the hole. I hit 1" behind the ball and dribbled my tee shot about 90 yds. I got the wrong yardage somehow thinking it was 68 and it was 98 so I barely hit my 58* to the front edge. Next I have a 90ft uphill breaking putt and run it 12 feet past the hole. CJ is still waiting to hit his birdie putt and said "this could be a a 3 shot swing" so I rolled in my putt for the ugliest 4 in par 3 history. He missed his birdie and it was a one shot swing. He took an 8 on the next par 4 while I made par and I said "Sorry I forgot to answer you but you were right, it was a 3 shot swing" To his credit he laughed and said "I hate you". 🤣

... To add insult to injury he hit a 336yd drive on 18 leaving him an 8 iron in while I had 198 and hit a 4 iron to 10 feet and made the birdie while he spun his 8 iron back off the green and into the bunker finishing with a bogie while I resisted the urge to say "sorry, 5 shot swing". The golf gods can be very punitive. 

and the moral of the story:  Never trash talk until AFTER you hit.  🙂  

18 hours ago, CarlH said:

Reminds me of when I moved to Fargo, ND.   When I first met some fellow golfers and they found out that I'd just moved to Fargo, they'd ask "Do you like to play in the wind?  If not, you won't be playing very often."

I was born and raised in Oregon.  My dad graduated from OSU in 1962 and got a job in Fargo.  So, we packed up and moved.  I was a day late starting the 10th grade, and the teacher introduced me to the class.  One of the kids asked if I was from the South because I had a funny accent!!!  😂  We headed back to Oregon when school was out the next spring.  

@Kenny B . We lived there 2 years.  Lovely during 7 months of the year, brutal during 4-5.  Some awesome golf courses in the area, particularly in MN....unfortunately, short playing periods 🙂  It was -15 degrees the day we moved from Fargo, with a wind chill factor around -40ish.  Two seasons -- Winter and Road Repair.  Yeah, I'm liking Medford much better!  😄 

On 2/20/2021 at 6:50 PM, Rickp said:

He was everywhere except on the course and not very far. 

Been there done that. 😁

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Unremarkable day score wise. 47 on the front 41 on the back for an 88. It was a verrrrry slow day, it  took my wife and I,  4 1/2 hours to play. We did have a father and his 4 year old join us for a few holes - the boy was so excited playing with his dad. Fun to see the two of them bonding over golf.  

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

55 on nine today. Not great. Played from tips for fun due to a big hitter in the group and that killed me on approach shots. Also tried to kill it more which lead to wayward drives. Had 4 penalty strokes and lost 5 strokes due to approach shots. Ugh. Super hybrid was a mixed bag. Need more off the deck practice. On flip side, big hitter in the group had an Epic Speed and that thing looked and performed beautiful. I was impressed. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

30 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

55 on nine today. Not great. Played from tips for fun due to a big hitter in the group and that killed me on approach shots. Also tried to kill it more which lead to wayward drives. Had 4 penalty strokes and lost 5 strokes due to approach shots. Ugh. Super hybrid was a mixed bag. Need more off the deck practice. On flip side, big hitter in the group had an Epic Speed and that thing looked and performed beautiful. I was impressed. 

way to sneak that one in before the handicap reports starts up!

No Golf this weekend, my oldest Grandson is getting married today. So I missed the Club Championship.....but I would not miss the wedding!

Congrats to him. As good a reason to miss a club championship. Hope you had fun at the wedding.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Congrats to him. As good a reason to miss a club championship. Hope you had fun at the wedding.

Thanks
Image1614468582.046977.jpg

Using Cobra Speedzone Extreme Driverw/ Mitsubishi Tense av Blue regular shaft; Cobra King F8 4W & 6W w/Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Cobra F8 19* Hybrid w/Recoil 460 shaft, Irons 5-PW Wilson Staff D-7 w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland Zipcore 50*, 54* & 58* wedges & EVNROLL E-6R putter.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

A real stinker today. 44/46 at Mesa Del Sol.  Started with a fantastic drive on #1, leaving a perfect position 112 yards... wedge shanked right but managed to keep to a bogey.  Another great drive on #2 leaving 129, shanked the 9i but managed par. From there on things just never got into a groove.  Gutted my 56/12 twice with one across the green and into water.  With the round already in shambles, opted to take some risks on several holes (vs. layup) and they did not work out... water, water, and oleander bush.  Were it not for my putter on the back nine, things could have gotten really ugly. 🤮

5 hours ago, fozcycle said:

No Golf this weekend, my oldest Grandson is getting married today. So I missed the Club Championship.....but I would not miss the wedding!

Years later, you can always hold it over his head.  🙂  Club Championships come every year.  Oldest grandchild's wedding, totally different ballgame.  🙂 

Well, I did play today.  Still trying to get comfortable with my golf swing changes.  Hit some really good shots and some not so good ones.  I didn't keep score, but I guess it was in the 80-83 range.  I got in trouble with a few shots on several holes that forced punch-out/layup/recovery shots.  With no competition on the line, I didn't bear down on my putting like I normally do.  I was treating the day more as a day to work on the swing changes and less about score.  

That’s a great day and you’ll remember it forever

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

That’s a great day and you’ll remember it forever

BTW, I taught him how to play when he was a teen. He doesn’t get much time on the course as he is a Police Officer and rebuilds fiberglass boats in his off time.

Cobra Speedzone Extreme (11.5*) w/ Mitsubishi Tense av Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” EVNROLL E6R Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Finally broke 80 at Sea ‘N Air Golf Club, which is one of my regular tracks. Played with a couple guys from work so we played from the whites, but it’s only a 300 yard difference from the blues. Had a PBFU hole that was followed by a streak of bogeys so as usual, it could’ve been better! 

9202C020-0B25-422A-9B9F-D797874D2194.jpeg

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

10 minutes ago, mr.hicksta said:

Finally broke 80 at Sea ‘N Air Golf Club, which is one of my regular tracks. Played with a couple guys from work so we played from the whites, but it’s only a 300 yard difference from the blues. Had a PBFU hole that was followed by a streak of bogeys so as usual, it could’ve been better! 

9202C020-0B25-422A-9B9F-D797874D2194.jpeg

Good job.  It's always fun when you finally get past those goal scores.  

My round was a dumpster fire. One of those rounds where you start having different swings thoughts on every swing. Plus it was just muddy and yucky out.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4