TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

We had a break in the weather today. 74 degrees and sunny. Golf course was going to open at 11:00. I didnt warm up due to some larger groups looking like they were going to head over to the first tee. Just went for it.  Missed the first fairway by about 2 yards but still in OK position. 6 out of 7 faiways today. Aimed for all the bunkers to try out my new sand wedge. The Sub-70 JB wedge worked out very well even in the wet bunkers. Couple of sand saves. Unfortunately the black finish is already showing marks. Played well considering not playing for two months. Quit after 9 holes due to the high winds picking up just after I got off of hole 9. A lift clean and place round due to all the soft soil and mud. Greens were slow.

Three bogies, five pars, and one birdie for a 38.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

2 hours ago, dlow206 said:

My round was a dumpster fire. One of those rounds where you start having different swings thoughts on every swing. Plus it was just muddy and yucky out.

I'm laughing with you not at you.  Using the sad emoji would discount your opting to play in the slop.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

34 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

We had a break in the weather today. 74 degrees and sunny. Golf course was going to open at 11:00. I didnt warm up due to some larger groups looking like they were going to head over to the first tee. Just went for it.  Missed the first fairway by about 2 yards but still in OK position. 6 out of 7 faiways today. Aimed for all the bunkers to try out my new sand wedge. The Sub-70 JB wedge worked out very well even in the wet bunkers. Couple of sand saves. Unfortunately the black finish is already showing marks. Played well considering not playing for two months. Quit after 9 holes due to the high winds picking up just after I got off of hole 9. A lift clean and place round due to all the soft soil and mud. Greens were slow.

Three bogies, five pars, and one birdie for a 38.

I played behind a Skins group yesterday that had a guy playing to a 1.3 index.  I know that having overheard them talking on the putting green.  Since play was slow, I was able to see a good many of his shots.  He didn't seem overly long but accuracy was crazy good.  It must be boring be you guys 🙂.

I wasn't sure about playing this weekend after getting my 2nd C-19 shot on Thursday.  After hitting some balls at the range on Friday, I decided to give it a go even though I ached all over.  My wife wanted to play so I sucked it up...  and on Saturday I certainly sucked!!  Shot 88 with a couple of doubles, a triple and a quad.  Just nothing worked.

Today was a little warmer but breezy.  I felt a little better.  Managed an 81... 42/39 with a birdie on #10.  The #10 hole is one of two holes that I failed to birdie in 2020, but this birdie was my second on this hole this year and it's not even March!!  Go figure.

I also had two birdie putts lip out.  Overall my putting was much better today than Saturday, however I am still hitting lousy drives and approaches.  Today I only hit 7/13 fairways and they didn't go my usual distance.  Only 3 GIR, but that was better than one green yesterday!!  I need to spend a LOT of time on the range this week.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

I'm laughing with you not at you.  Using the sad emoji would discount your opting to play in the slop.

I am not even sure why it was sloppy today. It hasn't really been raining excessively or anything. Made a mistake and stood in a some sinking mud on a tee box and actually swung and miss. Also fell down once (not swinging, just walking) on a hill. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Yup, I'm with you. 99% play it safe unless I'm in a scramble and someone is in a decent position. Then I'll try something out of my norm.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

26 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

That's funny. My boss and one of my friends call me a boring golfer. I hope to remain boring!

LOL.  I'd like to experience boring golf before its over.  On one of the par 3's the guy I'm referring to placed his tee shot about 5 feet pin high.  Another in the group say's "nice shot... presuming you're into that kind of thing".

Some day I’ll be boring golfing....I still haven’t learned 😂 going to keep bombing as long as I can. Some day I won’t be able to

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

11 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Yup, I'm with you. 99% play it safe unless I'm in a scramble and someone is in a decent position. Then I'll try something out of my norm.

That may be part of my handicap... my soft spot for the "I can pull this off" 🙂.  I understand statistics pretty well, just not so much while on a golf course.

3 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

That may be part of my handicap... my soft spot for the "I can pull this off" 🙂.  I understand statistics pretty well, just not so much while on a golf course.

I can feel you on that one. My course strategy while sitting around the house is pretty good, but get me on the course, that's another story. 

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

... A turing point for me was A Sorenstam in her prime said if she is not positive she can hit the shot 80% of the time she will not attempt it. Announcer asked her what if it is a 75% chance and she responded "then I don't try it." I thought if the best female player on the planet won't try a 50-50 shot why in the world am I attempting to pull it off? 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Played 9 holes today on the par 3 course (3 holes, 3 times each).  Played white, then blue, then red tees.  Birdied the 2nd hole twice in a row (2 and 5).  Hit an 8i first to about 4', then a 6i the 2nd time to about 3'.  Just missed a birdie the 3rd time after a 9i to 6'.

WITB:

Taylormade SIM2 Max 9° w/ UST ProForce V2 5F3 @ 45"

Callaway Epic Speed 4wd w/ AccuFLEX Evolution Reg

Dynacraft Genesis 3 hybrid w/ Steelfiber i95r

Srixon ZX5 4-6 and ZX7 7-GW w/ UST Recoil 95 F4 soft stepped once

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54/10 w/ Recoil 95 F4 shaft

Cleveland RTX-4 58/03 w/ Recoil 95 F4 9i shaft

Odyssey SL EXO Marxman

Pondering:

Nothing at the moment

In the locker:

Too much to list

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... A turing point for me was A Sorenstam in her prime said if she is not positive she can hit the shot 80% of the time she will not attempt it. Announcer asked her what if it is a 75% chance and she responded "then I don't try it." I thought if the best female player on the planet won't try a 50-50 shot why in the world am I attempting to pull it off? 

Yes, but she's playing for her livelihood, whereas I'm playing for fun. Sure, I want a low score and could play the odds to my favor 80% of the time, but the optimist in me just takes over at times. 🙂  

19 hours ago, mr.hicksta said:

Finally broke 80 at Sea ‘N Air Golf Club, which is one of my regular tracks. Played with a couple guys from work so we played from the whites, but it’s only a 300 yard difference from the blues. Had a PBFU hole that was followed by a streak of bogeys so as usual, it could’ve been better! 

9202C020-0B25-422A-9B9F-D797874D2194.jpeg

Conratulations!

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

5 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

March 1st 

First day of 2021 to post scores for handicap purposes in my area.  The way I've been playing, I see my index going waaaay up.

First day for us today in OR i think too. Time for me to tell my wife that i need to play 18 hole rounds for handicap purposes. The way it handles 9 hole rounds can skew things.

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

11 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

March 1st 

First day of 2021 to post scores for handicap purposes in my area.  The way I've been playing, I see my index going waaaay up.

Im going to blame my handicap going up on the course being sloppy lol

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

10 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

... We all have our excuses. 🤪  If I start posting scores my index will jump about 3-4 strokes. These muni Bermuda greens are just brutal. I love the course but the greens are hard to read to begin with and they wander on short putts or when the ball slows down around the hole because using a very technical term, the grass is splotchy. I have never missed so many 2-4 footers that start on line then move one way or the other several times on it's journey like putting on a Chinese Checkerboard. After holing out we sometimes hit multiple putts from the same spot and they never do the same thing twice. The only time you can be aggressive is on uphill into the grain putts. With Phoenix courses costing $150-250 playing this beautiful muni lay out for $22 is too good a deal to pass up, even with splotchy greens. 

... If the greens are repaired, I will have to find another excuse because the weather is ideal. 🤣

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

11 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I worked with the WSGA course rating team when they were here 5 years ago.  One of the conditions for rating a course is turf conditions.  Aren't conditions in Seattle area always sloppy; so that should be taken into account.  🤣🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

6 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I worked with the WSGA course rating team when they were here 5 years ago.  One of the conditions for rating a course is turf conditions.  Aren't conditions in Seattle area always sloppy; so that should be taken into account.  🤣🤣

I can only imagine how bad the conditions are at the munis around here...

Updated 07/15/2022

7 minutes ago, chisag said:

... If the greens are repaired, I will have to find another excuse because the weather is ideal. 🤣

We need a thread on the best excuses.....

(wouldn't be surprised there is one already 😀 )

pretty soon it would be like the prison jokes story where the inmates just yell out the joke number rather than telling the joke

How'd you play today.......

Awful......

Why??

Mainly #16 with a bit of #27.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

27 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

We need a thread on the best excuses.....

(wouldn't be surprised there is one already 😀 )

pretty soon it would be like the prison jokes story where the inmates just yell out the joke number rather than telling the joke

How'd you play today.......

Awful......

Why??

Mainly #16 with a bit of #27.

I play awful, but I can't come up with 27 reasons why.  What am I missing?  I could use more excuses; mine are getting rather old.

27 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I play awful, but I can't come up with 27 reasons why.  What am I missing?  I could use more excuses; mine are getting rather old.

Much like golf equipment, excuses need to be refreshed every couple years, some of the guys have been saying that your material is getting stale!!    🤣

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Got out and played Sunday afternoon, I seem to hit the ball much better Then the last couple of rooms and only missed two fairways all day. I had a really good ball striking day struggled around the greens

44-42 = 86

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

8 hours ago, Kenny B said:

March 1st 

I feel your pain 🙂  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Tuesday morning 9, +5.
Did a little self “ball testing”. We were 2 holes in front of the 2nd group so I was able to experiment with ProV1x vs ProV1.
In a small window with 9 holes the ProV1x had a bit of an edge on ball flight with all clubs. No appreciable distance difference, too close to call.
ProV1 felt a bit better putting.
One of the newer guys is 13 years younger than me and felt good keeping up with him off driver. He’s definitely at least one iron longer.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Saturday was amazing, shot a two over par 75 and hit the ball really well.

Sunday was no where near as good but I was playing match play and won 1 up. My team are at 10 and 0 for the season with only 3 games to go. 

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0