Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Shot 40/46:86 today at my home club, Pebble Creek GC. Not a particularly good day. Weather was 68* to 80* and comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Starting to see some movement towards "normal". 🙂 Shot 45/48 for a 93 yesterday in very soft conditions.

Putting is still not where I want it to be at 36 putts, but the greens were particularly slow and unpredictable yesterday since the course has been unable to mow.

Most importantly, I was able to reduce penalties compared to previous rounds. I had two lost balls on #11 & #13 due to poor swings that seemed to come out of nowhere. I was able to right the ship pretty quickly though. My worst hole for the round was +3 (on a par 5 😭).

Highlights included two birdies on #7 & #12 and a par on #17. I had two more pars on the round, but #17 is notable because it is a long par 3 at 220 yards (playing just a hair shorter yesterday with a front pin location). I hit my 20* hybrid absolutely pure and stuck it about 3 feet left of the hole. Unfortunately, that was the worst side to be on, leaving a slick downhill putt with just a touch of right-to-left break. Missed by a few fractions of an inch on the low side. 😞 

So with my 4th round of the year in that puts me at 104/42, 100/34, 99/43, and 93/36. Hoping to build some consistency with the putter once I can make it to an actual practice green with some regularity. Clearly, my setup at home isn't getting the job done.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Totally stunk it up today.   Recent tweaks to my swing thru my swing coach don't seem to be carrying over from the range to the course.  Too many swing thoughts, too much self-induced pressure and expectations, out of sync, poor tempo....and to top it off, I wasn't putting up to my normal abilities.  Limped in with an 83 that felt much worse.  While I did hit some nice shots, I just hit too many stinkers that prevented scoring opportunities.  No birdies to counter any of the bad holes (had 2 doubles).  Oh well ... tomorrow is another day.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

2 hours ago, CarlH said:

Totally stunk it up today.   Recent tweaks to my swing thru my swing coach don't seem to be carrying over from the range to the course.  Too many swing thoughts, too much self-induced pressure and expectations, out of sync, poor tempo....and to top it off, I wasn't putting up to my normal abilities.  Limped in with an 83 that felt much worse.  While I did hit some nice shots, I just hit too many stinkers that prevented scoring opportunities.  No birdies to counter any of the bad holes (had 2 doubles).  Oh well ... tomorrow is another day.

I could write the same thing except an 83 would be a relatively good day putting for me; a poor day putting is more like 87.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Today's round was all about playing in the wind --- strong winds anywhere from 1-3 clubs --- lots of gusting and differing speeds as you're preparing to hit.  Made for an interesting round.  In addition to choosing the right club for the distance, the winds were playing havoc on putting.  However, I managed to really focus and I'm not unhappy with how my score turned out.  Despite dunking 2 balls into the water hazards on 2 separate holes, I managed to shoot an 82.  Several putts were definitely adversely affected by the wind and I watched them turn away from the hole when there was no break.  So, the round could have been better, but it was fun!  Just wouldn't want a steady diet of winds this strong.  I felt that I was striking the ball fairly well, but due to the wind factor it's difficult to really say.  

I have a tee time for tomorrow, but the forecast is calling for rain.  I'm retired.  I don't do rain (except for tournaments).

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

Beautiful day for golf today, mid 70's, no wind and fairly dry for Florida. Ended up playing ok, drives were a bit off in distance and my 5 wood is struggling a bit. Then there was the par 3 over the water and my ball decided it wanted to go for a swim.   Ended up with an 89, at least the short game ( not counting the putter)was a tad better. 

IMG_7958.PNG.1c53e330674eca060dd2f9d53572c31c.PNG

IMG_7960.PNG.3acecd555a6f66d9abe7a64c09b712c2.PNG

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Another windy day in the Rogue Valley.  While the temperature was 60, the wind was cold and the temps dropped significantly during the course of the round, along with a bit of drizzle the last 2 holes.  Started off really bad and was 6 over after 6 holes.  Played the next 12 holes at 3 over for an 81 for the day.  

Early morning Tee Time for Bacon Boyz. Kinda cool 48* and little breeze but warmed up quickly.
Hit the ball really well, +5 in a tough 9 holes with lots of water. Only 1 ball decided to commit suicide in an overcooked 7 iron.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

49 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Another windy day in the Rogue Valley.  While the temperature was 60, the wind was cold and the temps dropped significantly during the course of the round, along with a bit of drizzle the last 2 holes.  Started off really bad and was 6 over after 6 holes.  Played the next 12 holes at 3 over for an 81 for the day.  

Nice comeback!  That always feels good.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

@CCRyder.... what course is that?

@tony@CIC.... That driver accuracy looks great!!!

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

That is Worthington Manor, it is the closest course, 2.8 mi, from my house. It is often a US Open Qualifier, I drive by it everyday on the way to day care. I committed to keeping the driver in the bag most of the day and that part of the plan worked. I instead found a lot more sand than during my usual rounds at "easier" courses. You can tell that between the tee and the green was quite an adventure for me out there.

[mention=105259]CCRyder[/mention].... what course is that?
[mention=68414]tony@CIC[/mention].... That driver accuracy looks great!!!
Screenshot_20210306-070849.jpeg.8c76dc37acbf3e319dcc0e7ee6c01d60.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 4 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:wilson_staff_small: Triton 10.5 degree regular flex
:taylormade-small: R580 3 & 5 stiff flex 
1700984641_Screenshot2021-02-09at1_22_31PM.png.826d2fd278c265f02c50f581ec750bf5.png Inazone Single Length 4H
:cobra-small: 5i-SW Cobra Fmax ONE Length regular flex steel
:ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 
:ping-small: 2021 Hoofer 

image.jpeg.f0b1d1d2bc3b2ec6880dd6c9a3b096e9.jpeg   image.jpeg.231a9c2f1e7b1dc46388ceac1039351a.jpeg     image.png.32ebfd5998dc591ff68ab71bb6d09b08.png

I played in The 🥶 Cold! Temperatures in the high 30’s with a 15 mph wind is no joke.

Actually it was about  10 degrees warmer with light winds on the first tee. But by the back nine it was Nordic conditions. I did have 2 birdies and barely broke 80.

WITB:

Driver:  Taylormade  SLDR Fujikura XLR8 61 S RH.   

3 Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 3W

Hybrid: Ping G400 3 Hyb 19 degree S

Irons: Titleist 710 AP1 5-PW Aerotek Steelfiber i110 cw S RH standard lie 

Wedges: 50 Callaway MD 4, 54 Vokey SM5, 58 Callaway Forged

Putters: Ping Grayhawk Putter

44/41 at Mesa Del Sol today.  Not sure what it is about this course but it messes with me.  Another rash of the short-wedge-itis.  Right on target shots sitting on the front aprons... dang is that ever frustrating.  Oh well, on the plus side, the new driver shaft put me down range on two fairways in second shot yardages I'd not had before.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Not a good day today.  Weather was beautiful...except for the times the sun was behind the clouds and the temps would drop accordingly....anyway, none of that has anything to do with my pitiful performance today.  I really struggled finding my tempo today.  As a result, I was striking the ball pretty poorly with anything from open face slices to boned full wedge shots.  I think I had 3 doubles on the frontside and came in the a 9 over 45.  On the back, I somehow found myself and started hitting the ball well again.  Took a double on the par 5 #12 when I hit my shot out of the wet sand bunker long and then 3 putted.  Shot 3 over 39 on the back to record an 84 for the day.  On the plus side, I was playing a match/medal game with my friend, giving him 5 strokes.  We were dormie  with 4 holes to go and I won the last 4 holes to break even in match play and I beat him on medal play as he took a couple of triples along the way.  

Knocking off some of my earlier better rounds and my handicap is going up.  I froze for the winter at a 7.0 index and, as of this morning, it was a 7.5.  Todays 84 knocks a 79 out of the 20 rounds, so my index will be higher tomorrow.  I'm really liking the new handicap system with the daily changes rather than bi-weekly.  I know others don't share my thoughts on that, but it's what we have.

10 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Played pretty decently today, was making pretty good strikes with my irons. Main thing that helped was making sure my hands weren't too high at address. Didn't fully keep score today, was just trying to make it through the rain and then hail. Also, some greens were more or less unputtable due to puddles of water.

More importantly than how I played, where on earth did my club finds these balls to put on the range? Usually we have nice clean balls at the range.

image.png.c88c40763df3d4b3055a7908f877ddde.png

Those look like they've been stored in the Asarco slag piles down on Ruston Way.  I'm guessing it was one of the range employees last day at work 🤣.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Looks like pond balls to me. Someone went dredging. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

An ok day today. 42 on the front and a 46 on the back. Shot of the day was a birdie on a 291 Par 4. My wife even gave me a gimme on it but I putted it out for the bird anyway. Sorry for the sideways photo. 

IMG_7962a.jpg.d93a82beeedd596166b4e4a0fe22a780.jpg

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

Played pretty decently today, was making pretty good strikes with my irons. Main thing that helped was making sure my hands weren't too high at address. Didn't fully keep score today, was just trying to make it through the rain and then hail. Also, some greens were more or less unputtable due to puddles of water.

More importantly than how I played, where on earth did my club finds these balls to put on the range? Usually we have nice clean balls at the range.

image.png.c88c40763df3d4b3055a7908f877ddde.png

Wow. Those balls have definitely seen better days. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

Much better weather today. Played a solid 53 on the front 9. Made some good shots obviously missed others. Getting comfortable with my new hybrid. Poolesville Golf Course was looking good for March.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:wilson_staff_small: Triton 10.5 degree regular flex
:taylormade-small: R580 3 & 5 stiff flex 
1700984641_Screenshot2021-02-09at1_22_31PM.png.826d2fd278c265f02c50f581ec750bf5.png Inazone Single Length 4H
:cobra-small: 5i-SW Cobra Fmax ONE Length regular flex steel
:ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 
:ping-small: 2021 Hoofer 

image.jpeg.f0b1d1d2bc3b2ec6880dd6c9a3b096e9.jpeg   image.jpeg.231a9c2f1e7b1dc46388ceac1039351a.jpeg     image.png.32ebfd5998dc591ff68ab71bb6d09b08.png

Up to 60 today, woot!  Very surprised but I was able to book a tee time this afternoon.  Turned out I played by myself, nice change of pace 👌

The winter practice looks like it’s going to pay off.  Tree trouble on #8 cost me a couple of shots, just unlucky where it ended up.  I had 210 into #3, into the sun so I couldn’t see it down.  18” away.  Color me shocked but I’m not complaining!

Playing 18 tomorrow. Double woot!!

image.jpeg.6b74fe72f470cd9d24e9f543b22c2fc3.jpeg

Gorgeous day today.....11/14 fairways 10/18 GIR, 42+45 = 87....not too bad

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

5 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

An ok day today. 42 on the front and a 46 on the back. Shot of the day was a birdie on a 291 Par 4. My wife even gave me a gimme on it but I putted it out for the bird anyway. Sorry for the sideways photo. 

IMG_7962a.jpg.d93a82beeedd596166b4e4a0fe22a780.jpg

My wife NEVER gives birdie putts!! 

Cloudy morning; a little sun in the afternoon and mid-50's, but the wind was 20-30mph... chilly, and so was my game.  Nothing worked.  I did not have any GIR... sad!  My short game that worked well yesterday took the day off.  Shot 87 with 3 doubles.

8 hours ago, Kenny B said:

My wife NEVER gives birdie putts!! 

🤣  When the ladies play - the ball could be resting on the lip and they still wouldn't give you the putt. She's more generous when just the two of us play - but i still putt it out. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart