TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

1 minute ago, tony@CIC said:

🤣  When the ladies play - the ball could be resting on the lip and they still wouldn't give you the putt. She's more generous when just the two of us play - but i still putt it out. 

The women are the same here....everything gets holed.  Playing for dimes apparently makes it cut throat!!  😁

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

1 hour ago, Shapotomous said:

The women are the same here....everything gets holed.  Playing for dimes apparently makes it cut throat!!  😁

My wife tells me that in the ladies group they bring a flask of brandy and when someone gets a birdie they take a drink. Now it makes sense that there are no gimmes. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

5 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

🤣  When the ladies play - the ball could be resting on the lip and they still wouldn't give you the putt. She's more generous when just the two of us play - but i still putt it out. 

... Yup, always putt birdies and eagles without a gimme, even on the lip. Pars or worse are fine to pick up but you really should putt the under par score because we have all seen weird things happen to a golf ball or worse, a shaky putting stroke when going under par. I have seen players miss from inches away, especially iff a birdie is rare. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

5 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

5 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

Same here with the ladies group; they putt out everything and they are still the fastest group out in the morning.  

My wife will give me a 2 footer for par or worse, but not a 2 inch birdie!   I will give her a 2 footer for anything but a birdie, but only after seeing her make a prior 2 footer first;  I've seen her miss too many!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

4 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

My wife tells me that in the ladies group they bring a flask of brandy and when someone gets a birdie they take a drink. Now it makes sense that there are no gimmes. 

The ladies here do the same but with rum.  It spilled over to our weekend group with another couple since my wife and the other lady play in the ladies group.  I posted earlier in this thread that last Saturday our 4some had 7 birdies... 5 in the first 6 holes!!!!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I wish our groups putted everything out (save the net doubles and worse) rather than being loosy-goosy with the gimmies.  Like @chisagsaid, things go wrong with even the best putters -- lip outs, nerves, lack of focus, etc.  My regular foursome group is pretty reasonable with gimme putts but the weekend larger groups are all over the place with what's good and what isn't.  It's not a lot of money on the line, but come on!  Personally, I like the rules of golf for medal play -- it's in play until you hole it out.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I’m playing only once a week of late, due to fishing, and my scores reflect it. Probably averaging somewhere in the low 80’s. I’m making some great hits, but also sprinkling in some “wth’s?”, at the same time.

at a stag day last week, I shot a one over on the front in the cold windy rainy. Then it cleared up, warmed up, and I shot a 45 on the back for a tidy 81..

this goes back to when we talked about getting indexes down, it’s virtually impossible if you only play once a week, and aren’t hitting balls on a range.

you can still hit some great shots, you can still string a bunch of good things, but it’s hard to keep little glitches at bay that will blow up your card.

side note, the PtxPro combo irons still rock...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Tale of Two Nines is the title for today.  A Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde event.  44/38 at Desert Hills and was even par on the back at #17 but bogeyed it and #18... 😐  The front was a mash pit of mishits, misreads, and "what are you doing" comments to myself.  As I most always do at the turn, I re-wetted my towel and reminded myself that it's a new nine.  I tell ya, this game (well my game anyway) is crazy nuts at times 🙃.

Jekyll and Hyde Movie Gif Requests | Silent horror, Horror movies, Jekyll  and mr hyde

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

This me all the time with my wife. Not the PGA part but whatever scoring goal I am on. Lol

This should go in the jokes page, but it seems more fitting in the "how did you play" thread.....
53456654_10215981470360934_4929810174413111296_n.jpg.6e67bdfcc69106ac522cefdba4d61f3c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:wilson_staff_small: Triton 10.5 degree regular flex
:taylormade-small: R580 3 & 5 stiff flex 
1700984641_Screenshot2021-02-09at1_22_31PM.png.826d2fd278c265f02c50f581ec750bf5.png Inazone Single Length 4H
:cobra-small: 5i-SW Cobra Fmax ONE Length regular flex steel
:ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 
:ping-small: 2021 Hoofer 

image.jpeg.f0b1d1d2bc3b2ec6880dd6c9a3b096e9.jpeg   image.jpeg.231a9c2f1e7b1dc46388ceac1039351a.jpeg     image.png.32ebfd5998dc591ff68ab71bb6d09b08.png

... Yup, always putt birdies and eagles without a gimme, even on the lip. Pars or worse are fine to pick up but you really should putt the under par score because we have all seen weird things happen to a golf ball or worse, a shaky putting stroke when going under par. I have seen players miss from inches away, especially iff a birdie is rare. 

We had a player years ago when he got nervous over a short putt he would “wiff” it
Wouldn’t believe it if I didn’t see it.!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 minute ago, Rickp said:

We had a player years ago when he got nervous over a short putt he would “wiff” itemoji33.png

That was me when I started playing golf.  As a 25 'cap I played in the men's gangsome one day, and the only hole where I had a chance to help the team was the par 5 #16.  I hit two great shots in a row, which was a miracle, and had a 2 foot putt for eagle... left it 6 inches short!!  Our pro said I had "hands of stone", and he was right.  Pretty sure I averaged over 40 putts per round.  Now I'm unhappy with 32 putts per round.

7 hours ago, Kenny B said:

That was me when I started playing golf.  As a 25 'cap I played in the men's gangsome one day, and the only hole where I had a chance to help the team was the par 5 #16.  I hit two great shots in a row, which was a miracle, and had a 2 foot putt for eagle... left it 6 inches short!!  Our pro said I had "hands of stone", and he was right.  Pretty sure I averaged over 40 putts per round.  Now I'm unhappy with 32 putts per round.

I 7 putted from 30ish feet during my first tournament a dozen years ago. Think I had a 5 putt last year because my putting was so far off.

8 hours ago, Rickp said:

We had a player years ago when he got nervous over a short putt he would “wiff” itemoji33.png

I've seen that or the guy who goes to tap it in and smashes it through the hole from 6 inches. Had a guy do that and then miss the comebacker for a Quad. Last tournament a guy scraped his putt out of habit. Fun having to tell him he needs to putt out and take a few stroke penalty.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I've seen that or the guy who goes to tap it in and smashes it through the hole from 6 inches. Had a guy do that and then miss the comebacker for a Quad. Last tournament a guy scraped his putt out of habit. Fun having to tell him he needs to putt out and take a few stroke penalty.

The funny part is this guy is a retired DEA agent who from what I’ve been told by his partner was tough as nails, except over a 1’ putt.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Started out well today with a 42 on the front, however, the par 3's killed me with a single and a double on the front. Figured I was still  in good position to finally have one of those low to mid 80's rounds I've been craving. Well today was not the day it was going to happen since I finished up the back with a 46. I got on the beach on the last par 3 and couldn't get out - not sure what happened but ended up with a triple 😡. That par 3 is a hole I normally par. Guess I was thinking too much about getting a low score on the back. Regardless I still walked off with an 88. 

IMG_7973.PNG.aef2adf4ace528b9cb1025919d53fcc9.PNG

IMG_7974.PNG.a7c7e006a2e0733f8447fd1b1b9c1f1e.PNG

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Played this morning little cool high 40* but warmed up fast with FL sun.
Driver/irons really good, +5 but putting was atrocious. I’m going to blame bumpy greens and sticking to it.
Had “new guy” in our 4some and got to watch his swing a bit. He was just fit into Titleist T200 and beautiful club BUT stiff steel shaft. No way should be be playing with that iron. Maybe with a T200 or T300 graphite regular he would fair much better and get rid of the “screaming low shots”.
He was fit at a County Club in Maryland a couple months ago.

Rick

Left Hand, 

3 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Driver/irons really good, +5 but putting was atrocious. I’m going to blame bumpy greens and sticking to it.
Had “new guy” in our 4some and got to watch his swing a bit. He was just fit into Titleist T200 and beautiful club BUT stiff steel shaft. No way should be be playing with that iron. Maybe with a T200 or T300 graphite regular he would fair much better and get rid of the “screaming low shots”.

When I was fitted last year, I had tried the T300 with Recoils. They just didn't work for me and came in last place  compared to every other iron I tried. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

6 minutes ago, Rickp said:

One tidbit of info I got from my Truespec fitter is that way too many people let their impression of their games override a quality fitting and the data that screams out the right choice in gear.  He said this as we discussed some of my concerns about moving away from GI and into a more player design club.  He then said I would have no problems with the ZX5's and they were my best match.  Sold.

Montana Roué: 7th Day Surprise: Off the deep end

Image1615337812.140882.jpg

Great round today, walked with the pushcart mafia and shot a 40/42:82. Received an award from Shot Scope......yay!

Birdied the Par 5 #8!

Had my EVNROLL and Cobra F8 in the bag today.

Using a Wilson Staff Triton w/Aldila Rogue regular shaft; Cobra King F8 4W & 6W w/Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Cobra F8 19* Hybrid w/Recoil 460 shaft, Irons 5-PW Wilson Staff D-7 w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland Zipcore 50*, 54* & 58* wedges & EVNROLL E-6R putter.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

When I was fitted last year, I had tried the T300 with Recoils. They just didn't work for me and came in last place  compared to every other iron I tried. 

Interesting how everyone is different .
I hit the T300 as a warmup when I got fit for TSI2 driver. I don’t remember shaft but I loved it.
BTW, gave Recoil shafts on my Ping G710 and happy with them.

Rick

Left Hand, 

One tidbit of info I got from my Truespec fitter is that way too many people let their impression of their games override a quality fitting and the data that screams out the right choice in gear.  He said this as we discussed some of my concerns about moving away from GI and into a more player design club.  He then said I would have no problems with the ZX5's and they were my best match.  Sold.
tumblr_of14xzIPV11rnh39mo1_500.gif

I’m sure his observation is correct in a lot of cases.

Rick

Left Hand, 

19 minutes ago, PMookie said:

I played like trash. 87 (46/41). Just awful. Nothing felt right at all with my swing. Frustrating. Wind was blowing like crazy, which isn’t good when the swing can’t be found. First pic below is a par 5, and the second pic shows it playing +50 yards due to the wind in the face. Crazy. 

Played Shell Landing in Gautier, MS, which is the #6 course in the state. 

49BB80E0-CCF7-424D-B2D0-C038C3170EB8.jpeg

57CAA48F-C0BF-4859-9898-70DA4DBB4D93.png

CCBD3F31-A571-4AA1-B0F8-1743B818B9CB.jpeg

At least you're out playing 👍.  Some of our spies are still all shoveling snow.

3 over 75 at my home course: took a double on #2 after leaving a 4 foot birdie putt short on #1. Settled down and got my act together after that 7/14 fairways(really good for me) and 11/18 GIR.

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV