Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Moved back a set of tees today for this group I play with (back to Men's standard from the Sr tees I prefer to play).  Today showed some progress with the iron striking (swing change).  Still having issues of getting my club head square at impact and getting through the ball with my driver, though.  Probably lost 3 shots due to poor drives on the front nine and then hit a shot over the pond that landed short of the green and rolled back into the pond and, although I hit a decent shot after that, missed the putt and got the double.  Birdied the next hole to shoot a 41 on the front.  Bogeyed our hardest hole on the back and then missed a short putt on the par 3 started me off with 2 over on the back.  A birdie on our hardest par 3 followed by a string of pars until 17 when I went bogey-bogey when I hit my approach shots short, leaving them in a green side bunker and failing to get up and down on the closing holes.  39 on the back for a round of 80.  Team tied for first and I won a gross and a net skin for a $55 payout (less the $20 buy-in).  

Worst part of the "tied for first" team event is that the team that tied us got a blind draw and drew our high handicap player, who, although he didn't play well (96), did help them on enough holes to tie us.  Of course, we all commented about the missed putts that would have sealed the deal...yada yada yada.  Man, I love this game!  🙂 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Up and down round today. Ended up with an 89. Just all over the place, and my confidence just off the green is in the garbage right now. Really need to get on the grind on the short game. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

8 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Sad day.  😔  Worst round of the year all because of 5 holes.  Shot 89 with 5 triple bogeys!!!!!  Woulda, shoulda, coulda been my best round... 15 shots lost in 5 holes! I drove the ball well; 11/13 fairways.  There were a few squirrely shots here and there, but most of my problems were in bunkers.  Some had no sand in spots, others had lots of fluffy sand, and I didn't adapt well.  But on a good note... my wife shot 84.   🙄

One of the worst things is unpredictable sand! There are a handful of courses I can depend on to have good sand everywhere else forget it lol. Atleast you got the bad round out of the way early? Silver lining 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

4 hours ago, Lacassem said:

One of the worst things is unpredictable sand! There are a handful of courses I can depend on to have good sand everywhere else forget it lol. Atleast you got the bad round out of the way early? Silver lining 

There are plenty more where that came from!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Hope the back gets better soon.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

23 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

I’m really down in the dumps right now boys.

I posted in here a little while ago about my back going out on me, and how I was looking forward to finally getting back out again on Saturday. After a couple of weeks off, the back felt a lot better last Thursday and Friday but on Saturday morning it was a little stiff, and I had a feeling there might be a problem.

i was dying to play though, and hoped it would loosen up once we started. No such luck. It got worse as the day went on, and if it wasn’t a team game I’d have stopped well before we finished. That night I was back to square one, and the last two days have been more of the same, even though I’m back on the damned muscle relaxants again.

My daughter is getting married in 6 weeks, and I don’t want to walk her down the aisle hunched over like Quasimodo, so I’m thinking that might be it for me until after the wedding. It looks like I’m going to have to get my golf fix meeting up with the guys after they’re done playing to shoot the breeze, and coming here to cheer you fellas on.

Hopefully after all that time off I’ll be good to go, and finally get this season started. Play well men!!!

Sorry to hear that.  The wedding is more important than golf, so take it easy!

Actually, my wedding wasn't any more important than golf.  We rented the golf course for the day; said our vows on the first tee; turned around and teed off; had carts, food and drinks for everyone!!!  Played until we dropped!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

You know you're hardcore when you wear your golf spikes to the wedding! 😄 😄

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

I’m really down in the dumps right now boys.
I posted in here a little while ago about my back going out on me, and how I was looking forward to finally getting back out again on Saturday. After a couple of weeks off, the back felt a lot better last Thursday and Friday but on Saturday morning it was a little stiff, and I had a feeling there might be a problem.
i was dying to play though, and hoped it would loosen up once we started. No such luck. It got worse as the day went on, and if it wasn’t a team game I’d have stopped well before we finished. That night I was back to square one, and the last two days have been more of the same, even though I’m back on the damned muscle relaxants again.
My daughter is getting married in 6 weeks, and I don’t want to walk her down the aisle hunched over like Quasimodo, so I’m thinking that might be it for me until after the wedding. It looks like I’m going to have to get my golf fix meeting up with the guys after they’re done playing to shoot the breeze, and coming here to cheer you fellas on.
Hopefully after all that time off I’ll be good to go, and finally get this season started. Play well men!!!

Take care of the back; golf can wait. I know it is hard, I am in the midst of a doctor Imposed golf timeout and just when I was making good progress on my swing. Getting my fix by practicing my putting and will probably schedule a time with my coach to talk about strategy.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Not as well I would have liked yesterday, but considering I had zero warm-up and had been traveling all weekend I'll take what I can get - 49/46 for a 95 at Hawks Creek with 34 putts.

My game was very up and down - especially on the front nine - but I managed four pars and one birdie. I had three 3-putts on the back nine that were basically just unforced errors. I think I finally got the new putter figured out and just need to give certain putts a bit more attention.

There were so many highlights from the round yesterday:

1. My wife came with me and rode in the cart.
  2. My playing partner Steve was absolutely amazing. Super nice guy with a solid game who retired from the Air Force after 30 years of service which was just perfect for the course as it sits right next to a Naval Air Base that frequently sends planes up for drills and testing. Yesterday we had the privilege of watching an F35, a small handful of F16s and a C-130!!!
  3. Golf related - Birdie on the Par 5 12th playing into the wind that I somehow managed to navigate almost perfectly, and a near hole-out for birdie on the Par 3 17th after missing right of the green.

Check my new golf IG @birdienerdgolf for some pics and a video of my shot on 17:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMex7t5l8tQ/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

An uneventful or inspiring morning. Beautiful weather @ 7:30 but course in terrible shape, greens terrible.
Not sure what I shot probably 6 over for 9 holes.
Switching irons tomorrow, got the Mizzies packed and loaded. Gotta be better.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Played 9 this morning after switching irons, hybrid, driver & putter!!
All my clubs must have known I was upset and behaved and not be banished to the dark corner of the garage..... 3 over with 2 birds. Only a couple bad shots.
Actually all 4 players had good a morning, 6 birds total.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Got the first round in on Monday with [mention=76176]00sportsman[/mention]. Warmed up on the range and was striping the ball. On the course however was a completely different person playing. I wasn't expecting much but it was worse than I thought. No A game or B, C or D for that matter, I think it was my S game.

We'll see what happens tomorrow and Friday.

I had my S games last week

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

While Matt was playing his S game, I was playing like a Tour Pro...

More specifically, I hit my 3 wood off the tee like Bryson at #4 last weekend, I played out of the sand like Hovland at #9 during the WGC and putted like Sergio from inside 8 feet during the second round of The Player’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can’t wait to see y’all tomorrow.......

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra Speedzone Extreme (11.5*) w/ Mitsubishi Tense av Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” EVNROLL E6R Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Cobra Speedzone Extreme (11.5*) w/ Mitsubishi Tense av Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” EVNROLL E6R Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Same here - been looking forward to meeting you guys for quite a while. Hopefully I do better than an S game tomorrow.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

A sloppy 82 today.  Doubled #7 (2nd shot found the pond again), #8 (sailed green side bunker shot long over the green), #10 (3 putted).  

On 3/16/2021 at 6:45 AM, TR1PTIK said:

Not as well I would have liked yesterday, but considering I had zero warm-up and had been traveling all weekend I'll take what I can get - 49/46 for a 95 at Hawks Creek with 34 putts.

My game was very up and down - especially on the front nine - but I managed four pars and one birdie. I had three 3-putts on the back nine that were basically just unforced errors. I think I finally got the new putter figured out and just need to give certain putts a bit more attention.

There were so many highlights from the round yesterday:

1. My wife came with me and rode in the cart.
  2. My playing partner Steve was absolutely amazing. Super nice guy with a solid game who retired from the Air Force after 30 years of service which was just perfect for the course as it sits right next to a Naval Air Base that frequently sends planes up for drills and testing. Yesterday we had the privilege of watching an F35, a small handful of F16s and a C-130!!!
  3. Golf related - Birdie on the Par 5 12th playing into the wind that I somehow managed to navigate almost perfectly, and a near hole-out for birdie on the Par 3 17th after missing right of the green.

Check my new golf IG @birdienerdgolf for some pics and a video of my shot on 17:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMex7t5l8tQ/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Nice looking course!!  Great chip!  You were robbed!!!!!

9 hours ago, fozcycle said:

What time does the live feed start??   

Shot a very painful 92. This course (Gold Canyon, Dinosaur Mountain) is a beast though and greens were rolling at about a 14, pins were in really tough spots, and NOTHING holds on these greens.

But a pre Birthday round with my pops will never be turned down!

0227211020.jpeg49270.jpeg0227211118.jpeg

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG