Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

On 3/16/2021 at 4:31 PM, cksurfdude said:

Got the season opener in last weekend.. temps just into the 50s but winds in the 20s to 30s! But it was really, really (really!) great to be out on an actual course again!! Yeah, had to wear extra layers and winter gloves but I guess I've gotten kinda used to those with practicing in the unfinished garage over the winter. 

So... if this round was any indication ... this is going to be pretty good golfing season for me! The series of lessons I've been doing are definitely paying off as the full swing is much, much better - making solid contact more often and watching the ball go in the general intended direction more often.

Short game was decent, but .. of course .. needs some more work (always) and some sharpening up. Putting, though, was the laggard of the day.... Not only were my stroke and speed just a leeeeetle bit off but I was also having trouble figuring out the right amount of wind break! Sometimes too much, sometimes an extra gust would come along and bye bye ball. Seemed like the hole locations had not been moved in a while, either, as little "volcano" mounds had formed around them and did a really good job at playing defense against all putts that were not the exact right line + speed. Oh well .. it is what it is in this game... 😉 

In the 50's and winter gloves??  Really?  I don't wear gloves... even in the 30's.  Keep my hands warm between shots and I'm good to go.

Glad the lessons are working out.  We still have to get together for a round... and a round or two afterwards sometime.

We call those volcano holes... "Ray" holes after a bull rider that worked at our previous course.  He changed the holes, but didn't use the steel plate after he cut the new hole to eliminate the "volcano".

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

4 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

In the 50's and winter gloves??  Really?  I don't wear gloves... even in the 30's.  Keep my hands warm between shots and I'm good to go.

Glad the lessons are working out.  We still have to get together for a round... and a round or two afterwards sometime.

We call those volcano holes... "Ray" holes after a bull rider that worked at our previous course.  He changed the holes, but didn't use the steel plate after he cut the new hole to eliminate the "volcano".

Yeah.. poor circulation in my fingers and toes; my extremities get cold way too easily.....

Thx! And We'll def figure out a when-where for rounds!!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I have to admit....    if it's in the 50s and sunny, I'm wearing shorts and a polo.  

This is what northern Finnish ancestry does to a person.   LOL

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

First round in over 3 months. Played to a +3 thanks to 3 up and downs. Hit my new driver 3x and found fairways all 3x. I have hope to make golf fun again in terms of scoring. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Had a nice day yesterday before we got socked with rain today. Carded a 46 from the blues which is within a few strokes of being average but still subpar

Problem was I lost track of the wind on #9 and hit an iron directly into it with a draw... that took it straight into water left. On par 3 I blew two chips and made a 7 footer to save triple. Also missed a 5 footer for the first birdie of the year. On the other hand, those rounds last year would have been a disaster without any hope. Seems I at least kept myself in the game up until 9.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

14 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Nice looking course!!  Great chip!  You were robbed!!!!!

My wife got all the video of the planes - I'll have to see if I can get one or two clips from her to share. I will also say, my short game has been remarkably good as of late. No hole outs yet, but I've been routinely close on numerous occasions. That was the third near miss on this particular round.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

On 3/16/2021 at 9:36 PM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

In Kansas City this week. Landed yesterday at the same time a tornado came through. Then decided to go to Top Golf today between lunch and dinner meetings. Another disaster. Turns out to be spring break and 50% off Tuesdays. Get there and it was a two hour wait. That was and go. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow.

Do you have any courses lined up? I used to live a couple hours south of KC and did a buddies trip up there a few years ago.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

I hosted RevKev, MattF , 00Sportsman & Tony@CIC at Saddlebrook Resort today. Added three players from my club to make two foursomes. The weather was frightful with 21 mph sustaining winds and gusts up to 35 mph.

Image1616105403.590312.thumb.jpg.ab670e2f6f2a353dcda60e3c048315b5.jpg

Although I played with my three locals, so the others could play together, I was happy to do so. I will play with Tony and Matt tomorrow and next month with RevKev & 00.

I ended up with a 44/44:88 with one birdie. Today was the inaugural round with my new PXG 0211. Wow, was I impressed. Straight down the middle and long(for me).

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
PXG 0211 w/Project X Evenflo Riptide Regular shaft; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” EVNROLL E6R Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

I sure recognize the “Hat”!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I sure recognize the “Hat”!

Good lookin group right there

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Played a Nicklaus Signature course in the mountains in Puerto Vallarta on Tuesday, very small well guarded greens, a lot of elevation changes (not something I’m used to in Houston) didn’t do too bad, had 4 pars and 2 birdies

42+44 = 86

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I hosted RevKev, MattF , 00Sportsman & Tony@CIC at Saddlebrook Resort today. Added three players from my club to make two foursomes. The weather was frightful with 21 mph sustaining winds and gusts up to 35 mph.

Image1616105403.590312.thumb.jpg.ab670e2f6f2a353dcda60e3c048315b5.jpg

Although I played with my three locals, so the others could play together, I was happy to do so. I will play with Tony and Matt tomorrow and next month with RevKev & 00.

I ended up with a 44/44:88 with one birdie. Today was the inaugural round with my new PXG 0211. Wow, was I impressed. Straight down the middle and long(for me).

PXG 0211 w/Project X Evenflo Riptide Regular shaft; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” EVNROLL E6R Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Thanks for arranging it Foz but could you turn the fans down a bit next time? That wind was something. Had a great time, fun course. Played reasonably well on the back. I was also trying a “new” driver. First time with the G410 LST on the course. Hit it reasonably well in the wind.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

On 3/16/2021 at 7:31 PM, cksurfdude said:

Got the season opener in last weekend.. temps just into the 50s but winds in the 20s to 30s! But it was really, really (really!) great to be out on an actual course again!! Yeah, had to wear extra layers and winter gloves but I guess I've gotten kinda used to those with practicing in the unfinished garage over the winter. 

So... if this round was any indication ... this is going to be pretty good golfing season for me! The series of lessons I've been doing are definitely paying off as the full swing is much, much better - making solid contact more often and watching the ball go in the general intended direction more often.

Short game was decent, but .. of course .. needs some more work (always) and some sharpening up. Putting, though, was the laggard of the day.... Not only were my stroke and speed just a leeeeetle bit off but I was also having trouble figuring out the right amount of wind break! Sometimes too much, sometimes an extra gust would come along and bye bye ball. Seemed like the hole locations had not been moved in a while, either, as little "volcano" mounds had formed around them and did a really good job at playing defense against all putts that were not the exact right line + speed. Oh well .. it is what it is in this game... 😉 

The greens up on the Island aren’t going to be good for a while. Just worry about your stroke, not the results right now.

Happy to hear about the ball striking! Sounds like the new irons are working well.... 👍

Driver:           :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:       :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 25*

Irons:             :touredgeexotics:  E722 6-AW

Wedges:        :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

14th club?     :cobra-small:  Speedzone  4H 21*  

:touredgeexotics:  E722 GW 51*                     

9 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

Do you have any courses lined up? I used to live a couple hours south of KC and did a buddies trip up there a few years ago.

To early in the season in that area for me to play golf there. It was crappy weather too. Last night they said it would snow. This morning there was nothing but wind and light rain in the upper thirtys. Just raw weather. Just got home to better weather. Will be playing this weekend. 

There are a few courses in that area I have played.

I did get to Top Golf yesterday afternoon. It was a good time.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

1-over 38 today. Should've honestly been under par as I made 3 birdies, but also had (2) 3-putt bogies 🙄. Right after hitting a nice 12-footer for birdie on the hole before and yelling "LAB GOLF!" to my friend, I 3-putt from like 40 feet. Left the first putt HORRIBLY short and totally misread it. Then on the next hole to compensate I rolled it 8 feet beyond the cup and lip out the comeback. Not too mad at the first one since it was from so far, but the second was totally avoidable and an easy 2-putt normally. I hit 6/9 greens so I'm pretty happy, but could've been my 3rd ever 9-hole round under par 😞

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

8 hours ago, yungkory said:

1-over 38 today. Should've honestly been under par as I made 3 birdies, but also had (2) 3-putt bogies 🙄. Right after hitting a nice 12-footer for birdie on the hole before and yelling "LAB GOLF!" to my friend, I 3-putt from like 40 feet. Left the first putt HORRIBLY short and totally misread it. Then on the next hole to compensate I rolled it 8 feet beyond the cup and lip out the comeback. Not too mad at the first one since it was from so far, but the second was totally avoidable and an easy 2-putt normally. I hit 6/9 greens so I'm pretty happy, but could've been my 3rd ever 9-hole round under par 😞

I remember playing in league one night, walking off the 16th green, a 196 yd par 3 at one-over.  I was thinking how I was playing pretty well, hitting most of the greens, my misses being just barely off.  Just the one bogey, missed a bunch of putts.  One of the guys and I were talking about how we were playing, and I let out a "yeah, I seem to be playing pretty well,  Maybe have a chance to shoot even par for the nine."

The golf gods apparently heard me, because my tee shot on #17 wound up behind a tree.  Not only behind the tree, but up against the trunk.  Wound up making triple.

The golf gods can be punishing at times.  🙂

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

42/41 yesterday and I was scrambling to get there. 

Left a lot out there so I decided to double back and play 6-7 more holes until I was saturated with rain. Thankfully it was fruitful - figured out what I was doing wrong and parred all but one.

My swing has a tendency to get flat and I end up hitting the ball thin; changed my angle of attack to come in a little steeper and was flushing it....

Sometime I think golf needs to be either 12 holes or 25. LOL.

Looking forward to the real season starting....when can you count rounds toward your index??

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

1 hour ago, StrokerAce said:

Looking forward to the real season starting....when can you count rounds toward your index??

Ours began March 1st and was I ever glad to see it kick in!.    I've already gone up a full index point as my lower scores began being replaced with 80-83s.  

I have that same tendency to get flat and when that happens it's really a mess!  Working on a swing change currently and being more upright is one of the key aspects of that change.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

42/41 yesterday and I was scrambling to get there. 
Left a lot out there so I decided to double back and play 6-7 more holes until I was saturated with rain. Thankfully it was fruitful - figured out what I was doing wrong and parred all but one.
My swing has a tendency to get flat and I end up hitting the ball thin; changed my angle of attack to come in a little steeper and was flushing it....
Sometime I think golf needs to be either 12 holes or 25. LOL.

Always -

The bigger question is when my index will reflect my play - I’m playing every other week at most,have only broken 80 once this year, most of my rounds are like yesterday’s 44-40 - i think i have a 47-39 in there and my round in the 70’s was 42-35. It takes me the front 9 to figure out what’s going on. And yet I’m saddled with a 5.3 because I’m not posting enough rounds to knock out the cluster of mid 70’s that I had last Spring/Summer when I was playing 2 or 3 times per week.

And this years league season is still up in the air. :(

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

20 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Happy to hear about the ball striking! Sounds like the new irons are working well.... 👍

Thanks! And, yeah, am *liking* them 👍

Hope you can get your back into shape again soon!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Absolutely horrendous!  Struggled all day with ball striking, particularly driver, but irons were equally crappy today.  Tempo was non-existent, felt out of sorts all day....Posted an 85, but that was adjusted.  There were at least 2 holes that were worse than the adjusted score, so likely more like an 88.  One OB, one lost ball.  Numerous poorly struck shots.  The list goes on.   

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

1 hour ago, fozcycle said:

Tony@CIC set us up to play Cypress Creek in Ruskin FL(Sun City) today. Weather was cool but not as windy as yesterday. It was Tony@CIC, MattF and myself. I played crappy on the front nine and very crappy on the back, shooting 45/52:97. There is a bright side to this story.

Below is the screen shot for my Shot Scope Driver stats today.

IMG_0788.JPG

I had been averaging in the low 60’s, but Day 2 with my new PXG 0211 was amazing!

Looks like you found the winning driver!

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Played the Marina Course in Puerto Vallarta today, very tight fairways,lots of water and sand.

44+47 = 91

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

23 minutes ago, Curtis Atkinson said:

Now I just need to get in enough work with driver so I can hit that off the tee instead of 3-wood every time!

This rarely stops most of us from pulling the more prudent choice form the quiver 😬.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Had an interesting day, a nearly total contrast from my round five days previous.  I'm still hitting the ball dreadfully short, up to two clubs with irons, but I was striking it solidly with my 1980 Golden Rams.  Driver was going largely in the direction I'd intended, with one obvious hook into the water exception on the third hole, and I even hit my hybrid in the direction I'd intended.  Funny how five days makes a difference.

Ran out of gas on the last four holes, bogey/bogey/double for an 82.  Reasonable at this point in the season.

The PM Grind 58* I bought over the winter has been quite lovely.  Nearly holed out from the sand for bird on a par 3, hit a couple lovely short pitches to exact distances....   really liking this stick so far.  🙂

Still a little puzzled at my short game being somewhat decent at this point in the season, with zero practice.

Oh, the Original One still doing the job.  🤘

Terrible nine holes today. Don’t want to list my score. Ball striking was fat city. Looking forward to my divot board. Did have two nice shots. One with the driver and the other a 5i. Otherwise everything was a wash. Started with a one putt bogey and then it went all downhill from there. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review