TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

A few days late but on Wednesday I got out and shot a best ever score of 85! Didn't really do anything incredible, just played pretty solid golf and was able to scramble when I did get in trouble. No birdies, but only one triple, two doubles, and a bunch of pars and bogeys. Putting is normally my strongest part but had been miserable recently (one round with three 4-putts) but felt good again. Chipping was solid and left myself with some short ones which led to 5 holes with 1 putt or less and 31 total putts for the round. Previous best was 87 and going to par 5 18th at 79 really wanted to get 85. Don't think I hit a shot more than 100 yards on that hole but got up and down for bogey. Now I just need to get in enough work with driver so I can hit that off the tee instead of 3-wood every time!

Congrats on a new personal best.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Congrats on a new personal best.

Thank you sir!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi2 9.0* w/ Tensei blue stiff shaft // 3 Wood: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi3 15* Tensei white stiff shaft

Hybrid: default_taylormade-small.jpg.e85cafcb95032f919dfafeb5fd18ac1e.jpg GAPR Hi 3h

Irons: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg T300 4-PW + 48* & 53*w/ KBS tour stiff

Wedge: default_cleveland-small.jpg.5931429dde47ec5093bb94bc9d38f8b5.jpg CBX2 58*10

Putter: KS1

Ball: Srixon Z-star // Bag: default_ping-small.jpg.2da16be6ff3360b3177f4439c6c6288b.jpg DLX

40 minutes ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

First time out for the year... And birdie on #1!!!

NICE start !  Good thing you didn't get a condor or albatross, as there'd only have been one direction for the rest of the year to go, and you might as well have put the clubs away 😆

I'm decidedly brand agnostic -- but a bit less so with my recent change from a PING driver

:titelist-small: - TSi2 10.5 Driver - Tensei AV Raw Blue 55 R

:titelist-small: - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

:cobra-small:- Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg - Original Series 0211 - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

:cleveland-small: - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex

image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png - Directed Force 2.1 (Nickel) - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

:Snell:- MTB  Black

datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg - DG Lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to image.png.77fe07cbfea697deca64bd4a4263a151.png - Quad XL and Tracked by :ShotScope: - V3

NICE start !  Good thing you didn't get a condor or albatross, as there'd only have been one direction for the rest of the year to go, and you might as well have put the clubs away
Thanks!

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

First time out for the year... And birdie on #1!!!

Hit a wedge to 6 feet. The rest of the round was typical thins, left/rights and no short game touch. Did par 6-9 to finish. Course was drier then I've ever seen it this time of year, even with an inch of rain Thursday.

Take Dead Aim

*walks off the course after the first hole shooting 1 under for the year*

In VA the courses feel really dry/hard as well. Makes chipping/pitching especially difficult

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi2 9.0* w/ Tensei blue stiff shaft // 3 Wood: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi3 15* Tensei white stiff shaft

Hybrid: default_taylormade-small.jpg.e85cafcb95032f919dfafeb5fd18ac1e.jpg GAPR Hi 3h

Irons: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg T300 4-PW + 48* & 53*w/ KBS tour stiff

Wedge: default_cleveland-small.jpg.5931429dde47ec5093bb94bc9d38f8b5.jpg CBX2 58*10

Putter: KS1

Ball: Srixon Z-star // Bag: default_ping-small.jpg.2da16be6ff3360b3177f4439c6c6288b.jpg DLX

First outdoor round of the year! Did a best ball scramble with some friends, definitely had some rust to knock off the first few holes but settled in really nicely. Excited about the driver, excited about the irons, and excited about my putting! Glad the season is finally here!

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

14 hours ago, MattF said:

Well, I played OK on Thursday at Saddlecreek with the boys. Not anything I'm proud of, but it was about a D game. The S game reared it's head again on Friday at Cypress Creek. Good thing I'm treating these rounds as practice.

I'm play a brand new course on Monday and Wednesday, The National, right next to Panther Run. It's so new that Shotscope doesn't have it in their database, so I'm going to track it for them. I'll try to take a lot of photo's and post a write up on Tuesday.

@MattFon a brand new course in Florida, pictures, pictures, pictures, please. We want to live vicariously through you. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 minute ago, tony@CIC said:

@MattFon a brand new course in Florida, pictures, pictures, pictures, please. We want to live vicariously through you. 

I want to see some green....we are still very yellow/brown and trees are naked.....2nd this notion!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

12 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I want to see some green....we are still very yellow/brown and trees are naked.....2nd this notion!

When the golf is on TV and somebody asks where they are playing...I usually say someplace green.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

17 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

When the golf is on TV and somebody asks where they are playing...I usually say someplace green.

And warm......

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 hour ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I went to the course at 10:00 this morning. Pulled in and I was the only car there. Talked to the Pro and he said you have the entire course to yourself. I thought I heard the harps from the angels playing fora minute. Hit a few balls on the range to warm up for a change. Played reasonably well again. Shot one over on the front and one over on the back for a 73. No birdies today but a solid round for me. I can't wait for the grass to turn green.

Here are just two of the reasons I don’t walk the course much. I wonder if those electric trolleys can handle these? There are about 7 holes that have dramatic elevation changes. There are no flat holes everything has an elevation change up or down and some holes have both and a few have three changes. 

IMG_1307.jpg.747a599cbfdb295099c870366f6abf55.jpg  

IMG_1306.jpg.8584d0958360cf34f3268d09785e90c3.jpg

Wow, I'd not have guessed grass in TN would turn that brown over winter.  Curious why portions of the rough areas are so green?  Nice round.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

14 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Wow, I'd not have guessed grass in TN would turn that brown over winter.  Curious why portions of the rough areas are so green?  Nice round.

The rough is a different type of grass than the fairway. The rough stays green all year. The fairways go dormant after first frost and then start to turn green again after there are no more frost mornings. Should start turning green in about two to three weeks. The greens are a different grass as well.  They are green all year.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Another really bad day today...well, the first 10 holes were....3 doubles and a triple -- no penalty strokes involved.  I was just out of sorts, tempo way off, jerky-jerky from the top, and just plain ridiculous swings.  Finally settled down on 12 and started playing golf the way I did not that long ago.  Shot an 85 today, but it was butt-ugly.  13 over par after 11, then even par to close.  Since we've started posting, my handicap index continues to rise as my mid-high rounds in the 70s are being replaced with low-mid rounds in the 80s.  When I reproduce the swing that my coach and I are working on, I hit the ball very well.  When it's off, it's really off, however.  Mainly it's a tempo issue, getting much too fast and trying to hit the ball hard, as well as too much forward slide and not enough turn that gets me into trouble.  When I remember to just slow down and swing within myself, I get the desired results.  I'm just too much of a space-cadet to remember that.  🙂  Even though I am struggling getting this swing down for a more consistent swing, I know it will get there.  Meanwhile, some scores are going to suffer until it becomes a more natural feel to me.

I took the Ping G425 Max out for a spin today (It wasn't the problem with those first 12 holes).  I had hit it on the driving range and also hit my friend's Epic Speed.  The Epic was definitely the longer of the 2 for me.  Alas, I played the round with the Ping.  I found it very forgiving and, for the most part, I kept it in play.  I really disliked the sound and had difficulty determining the quality of the shot based on the sound made.  I felt that I was longer with my own Ping G400, but the regular shaft in the 425 suited my swing better than the stiffer shaft in my own driver.  Yesterday, I played with an Epic Speed LS and felt that it was longer than the 425, as well.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

40 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Mainly it's a tempo issue, getting much too fast and trying to hit the ball hard, as well as too much forward slide and not enough turn that gets me into trouble.

I'm often fighting fast tempo.  For the life of me I cannot figure out why my swing gravitates towards entropy. 

Use this to remind yourself of the one Mississippi, two Mississippi.... seven Mississippi cadence 🤣.

Celebrate Charles Barkley's birfday today (2/20/old) by witnessing this  majestic golf swing of his. If it doesn't b… | Charles barkley, The  sporting life, Play golf

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

48 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I'm often fighting fast tempo.  For the life of me I cannot figure out why my swing gravitates towards entropy. 

Use this to remind yourself of the one Mississippi, two Mississippi.... seven Mississippi cadence 🤣.

Celebrate Charles Barkley's birfday today (2/20/old) by witnessing this  majestic golf swing of his. If it doesn't b… | Charles barkley, The  sporting life, Play golf

I like "easy" on the backswing and "money" on the downswing.  😄    I felt like Charles today --- awwwwk-ward!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

On 3/20/2021 at 8:31 AM, NRJyzr said:

Had an interesting day, a nearly total contrast from my round five days previous.  I'm still hitting the ball dreadfully short, up to two clubs with irons, but I was striking it solidly with my 1980 Golden Rams.  Driver was going largely in the direction I'd intended, with one obvious hook into the water exception on the third hole, and I even hit my hybrid in the direction I'd intended.  Funny how five days makes a difference.

Ran out of gas on the last four holes, bogey/bogey/double for an 82.  Reasonable at this point in the season.

The PM Grind 58* I bought over the winter has been quite lovely.  Nearly holed out from the sand for bird on a par 3, hit a couple lovely short pitches to exact distances....   really liking this stick so far.  🙂

Still a little puzzled at my short game being somewhat decent at this point in the season, with zero practice.

Oh, the Original One still doing the job.  🤘

I love my PM Grind 60º.  Wore the chrome off the sole with bunker shots, and it's my goto club around the greens.  I haven't heard that Callaway is continuing it this year, so I bought a backup new one from my pro shop for $110.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

The rough is a different type of grass than the fairway. The rough stays green all year. The fairways go dormant after first frost and then start to turn green again after there are no more frost mornings. Should start turning green in about two to three weeks. The greens are a different grass as well.  They are green all year.

There's just something about playing on brown grass. Of course I hadn't ever thought about the differences in certain regions until recently. I saw a post by Pete Pappas on Twitter and the grass in Ohio is already green. This is what we get..20190106_112736-01.jpeg.2e9ed5b7c1ff4033c7a2f93c4b04282a.jpeg