Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played yesterday for my birthday, had punched greens, rain on and off and one bout of hail. But shot a solid 82 with two penalty strokes for just blasting a couple drives OB. Could have been mid to high 70’s with smooths greens. It was a great day!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

Played yesterday for my birthday, had punched greens, rain on and off and one bout of hail. But shot a solid 82 with two penalty strokes for just blasting a couple drives OB. Could have been mid to high 70’s with smooths greens. It was a great day!
IMG_3835.thumb.JPG.7b9ac8063ee532491a95bbb3eb1c7f41.JPG
IMG_3836.thumb.JPG.5c2981840e6face1518da175d2f5fd71.JPG
Had penalty off the tee on 13 and 15, then missed a short putt on 16 that would have been a sand save. Guess I’ll just have to play again!

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

Played 18 on Sunday. Great day for golf. Played 9 on Saturday which showed as the front 9 went wonderful. My driver on the back 9 got a little loose, possibly fatigue related. Started to have my hips open early allowing the club head to get in front of my hands for some large pulls. Unfortunately houses come in to play on the back 9, excuses or not a birthday song started in my backswing and I hit a house. Luckily for me all I heard was vinyl siding vs a window. The irons and wedges both showed up to play. Getting out the next 2 days in Hilton head. Tee it high and let it fly boys!!

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

Played Sunday in on DFW Tournament. Solid round on all around,  2 mistakes turn into doubles, got greedy instead of playing fairways and greens. Chipping and Putting continue to be the solid foundation of my game so far this year. Need to keep that going everything else will come into place. Some confidence booster.

image.png.1de3ad0ca590c77589067261b846436d.png

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50 (Terra Forza White Shaft Testing)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

On 3/23/2021 at 9:29 AM, cksurfdude said:

This was at an Executive 9 hole in Port Washington, NY - Harbor Links. Short but presents plenty of obstacles and challenges off the tee (in addition to the homicidal greens 😂). One advantage that day was the wind was very light!

I was trying to figure out where you played and couldn't remember any courses on LI that had greens as you described. But I was thinking about 18 hole courses. Port Washington makes sense now that you specified.  Don't they have two courses and 18 and a 9. Never played the executive course. I lived on LI for 35 years, 24 in Elmont and 11 in Babylon. I played golf just about everywhere. I played another one right near that one. Sands Point. There are a few out in the Montauk area I never got to play though. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Played 9 Monday & Tuesday mornings. I’ve switched to the G710 irons and probably not going away from them for a while. They’ve been good and can’t blame them when I get out of Tempo.
Odd outing Monday we had a guy cancel and so a walk up took his spot. Probably late 50’s old beat up clubs, Crocs with no socks and looked almost homeless. First woods out his mouth was that he is a Golf Pro and dropped a ton of names (any of us can do that). He did hit the ball a long way and seemed to be a really good player. He also said he was preparing to play Senior Open this year.
What also seemed strange besides the beat up mismatched clubs were the lack of Logos or clothing with equipment names.
Wish him luck on his journey.
BTW he was kinda lobbying to join up with our group again

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Couldn’t have had a worse day but I took it in stride. Showed up to the course and they didn’t have my tee time. Turns out they butchered the name so bad I couldn’t recognize anything even close when looking at the sheet. The pro shop was helpful but accused us of a few times of booking the wrong course. They finally agreed to let us start in the back 9. First hole was good piped a drive. The next 5 holes were a different tale. I developed the yips on the tee box. Topping and shanking everything. Tempted to let the alligator eat my drive after the 5th time on 18 things started to shift in my favor going towards the front 9 I was hammering my driver. Irons were good and wedges were decent for the short game. Even made a few good putts. Definitely a tale of two different 9s with the back being close to 55 and the front a mere 44. All the frustration from the pro shop caught up to me and I was scatter brained. Even left my 4 iron with my rangefinder in a tee box I had to go back from. Group behind us would have just left it there. Lessor learned for tomorrow. R E L AX. Playing country club of Hilton head. Looking to throw up a good competent round 

Titleist ProV1

Played a super short local course as a two ball practice round. Super super windy, but managed to go even par! Really solid ball striking day, and man is it nice to be outside golfing again! If my wife and I didn't have a date night planned, I would have definitely made the turn!

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

Shot a 41/41 today, double on both sides, mainly short game woes.  With the exception of the drive on #18 which got away from me, I thought I was striking the ball much better today.  Greens were hard and fast today.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

3 hours ago, CarlH said:

Shot a 41/41 today, double on both sides, mainly short game woes.  With the exception of the drive on #18 which got away from me, I thought I was striking the ball much better today.  Greens were hard and fast today.

And you gave up having such with me for that!?!   C'mon man!

Oh well, next time... in Bend... this summer!!!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Didn’t play today, couldn’t fall asleep last night, feel like I have a sprained right wrist and have Granite guys coming to fix a few burs on the countertop they installed two weeks ago. That combination said I should not play today.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Yesterday I played at the country club of Hilton head. The putter was nowhere to be found. 51 on the front 45 on the back. Noticed I was standing to far away with my irons which was causing me to hit everything a little closer to the toe of the club. Made a huge difference. 2-3 holes with a bad drive but outside of that the round went relatively well. Score wasn’t good but if the front played closer to the back score wise the round was more acceptable. 

Titleist ProV1

33 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

Yesterday I played at the country club of Hilton head. The putter was nowhere to be found. 51 on the front 45 on the back. Noticed I was standing to far away with my irons which was causing me to hit everything a little closer to the toe of the club. Made a huge difference. 2-3 holes with a bad drive but outside of that the round went relatively well. Score wasn’t good but if the front played closer to the back score wise the round was more acceptable. 

Pics from the course?

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Beautiful day yesterday. Perfect timing as we wrapped up the round just as some rain rolled in. Ball striking was really good on the first handful of holes and the totally lost it. Just missed a couple greens early on really well struck irons and hit one of my best shots ever on the toughest hole on the course. After a short drive just mashed a hybrid from about 210 out to an elevated green and rolled it to about 4 feet for birdie. Couldn't find the fairway for anything off the tee after 6 and was left to punch out a bunch and scramble a ton. 

Also had a buddy playing for the first time yesterday so it wasn't the easiest to get into a rhythm as the course was packed and we were trying to move him along some. First time doing that with someone who had never played before and was quite the experience. Group behind us was really understanding though which helped a lot. 

IMG_4762.PNG

Driver: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi2 9.0* w/ Tensei blue stiff shaft // 3 Wood: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi3 15* Tensei white stiff shaft

Hybrid: default_taylormade-small.jpg.e85cafcb95032f919dfafeb5fd18ac1e.jpg GAPR Hi 3h

Irons: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg T300 4-PW + 48* & 53*w/ KBS tour stiff

Wedge: default_cleveland-small.jpg.5931429dde47ec5093bb94bc9d38f8b5.jpg CBX2 58*10

Putter: KS1

Ball: Srixon Z-star // Bag: default_ping-small.jpg.2da16be6ff3360b3177f4439c6c6288b.jpg DLX

Friday Bacon Boyz!!
Beautiful morning, 68* little breezy and course great shape, especially greens.
Shot +2 with 2birds (greens make a difference!).
Bacon & pancakes were flowing!!
Not playing till Monday, landscape getting out of control with nice weather.

Rick

Left Hand, 

7 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Pics from the course?

I will be honest I meant to take more but the late start threw me off I only have the driving range and the view of the clubhouse. The course was decent. It was in good shape and busier than expected. It felt more like a national club vs a local club with a large local member population.  Here is one of the pictures with a view of the driving range

98CC6D68-4381-4B8B-99F7-4BA475E356DC.jpeg

Titleist ProV1

Played a scramble today....hit some stinkers, hit some good ones.  My 3 partners were playing closer tees than I was playing.  Makes it hard to get my required drives in when they've got huge advantages on every hole.  Don't ask why they're playing forward tees (2 of them younger than me too!)....I've been arguing the point with the Senior's president for over a year now.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Played the little 9 hole executive par 33 course up the road today.

I feel like Bryson when I play this course...all the par 4’s are a drive and 9iron or wedge to the green.

Hit a hot streak on the front...went par, birdie, par, par, par to finish the front 9 with a 3 over 36....6 over 39 on the back 9

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Had an interesting round today....

Giving away the story at the start, as a 7 hdcp, I shot a 75 today, par 71, and I more or less screwed up to score that high.

Front nine was unremarkable, hit 3 GIR, shot +4.  Missed a short putt, pulling it, left two others less than a foot short, right in the heart, and stubbed another to leave it short.

Back nine was more fun.  Hit five of the first six greens, birdied #11 and #12, made a 12 footer for par on #13, routine pars on 14, 15, and 16, where i chipped to 4 feet on a 196 yd par 3.

Oh wait, I pulled the putt and lipped out.  Then biffed a chip on 18 leaving me a very long par putt that I missed for an even par 35 on the back.

I can't help but think about the shots I left out there.  Nature of a golfer, I guess.

Oh, a mildly interesting touch...  friend told me I should play that R11s I'd used in the heavy wind round last Sunday (ProtoPype 80 shaft and I'd cranked it to 7.5*), so I did.  And my teegame was pretty good, I actually had a number of point and shoot holes.  Most of my missed greens were the result of my distances being erratic from all the winter rust on my swing.

TLDR...  messed around and shot 4-over, and I'm whining about it.  LOL

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

Got out for the first full 18 and you'd think I've never swung a club to the 6 hole. Topped drives and lots of thin shots. But then I got straight and birdie on the par 5s 9 & 18, so I guess not the worst start to the year. Plus it was almost 70, so great weather for this time of year.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

1 hour ago, fozcycle said:

Weather was in the upper 80’s, we had 46 Players today. I shot a 39/42 with 3 Birdies (7, 8 & 10).

In our Points game I was +7 and tied for 1st Place with one skin holding, I gathered up $160.

Great day! First time I cashed since I got COVID in November.

My new PXG0211 driver was a beast! (259 yds).

Good job!!  Seems like taking the day off really helped.  Remember, us old f@rts need more rest!!  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

8 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Beautiful day for golf today.  Too bad I didn't play golf....well, I was out there playing, but calling it golf would be an insult to the game! 😄 

Unfortunately, I know of what you speak!!  Tomorrow will be a great round!!

Shot a 50 that should have been better today on nine holes. Started with a par that was nearly a 25ft birdie. If I would have trusted my ball striking could have been on the green on next hole (par three). Later par three I four putted when I should have chipped from the fringe over a slope instead of putting and getting no where. Then play smarter on a par 5 and not try to go for the green with the super hybrid. All in all a good learning experience. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Beautiful day for golf today.  Too bad I didn't play golf....well, I was out there playing, but calling it golf would be an insult to the game!  

You’re not alone that’s for sure.
Tomorrow is another day!

Good job!!  Seems like taking the day off really helped.  Remember, us old f@rts need more rest!!  

True, very true.....

Rick

Left Hand,