Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Week out of my 1st lesson in years and shot a lovely 50/45. Ive worked hard this last week a few things and it showed even though as a 7.5 I shot 95. 

Virtually zero and chipping practice really showed and duffed a few, several 3 putts, and missed several short par putts along with3 penalties thanks to horrible iron play and 1 bad driver.  

The positive was I hit quite a few fairways with my driver which is huge since I never carry a driver as Im too steep to hit it.  Driver only hurt me once today. 

I had wedges/short to GIR and blew it time and time again. Ive actually been hitting irons well in practice so not sure what was up. I think part of it was trusting my practice and  my swing in progress. 

I went out with zero expectations and no thought of going back to old swing. Score had no importance but buddy kept it.  

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

On 3/30/2021 at 8:03 PM, cksurfdude said:

Played 9 at a new course today that has 3 x 9-hole layouts, so each week one rotates being the 9-hole while the other two make up 18. 

A breeze kicked up but there weren't too many spots where it was a major factor ... the bigger problem for me today was my tee shots and ball striking, which flip-flopped from the progress I'd seen the past two outings..... Had a few ok short approaches. 

But then also flip-flopped was my putting - which was mostly spot-on today! Did have 1 x 3-putt, but offset that with 2 x 1-putts, another 3 first putts that were left within 3 inches and drilled the other 2nd putts right in! Greens were still a little rough but rolled much better vs the ones I'd played the past two weekends.

Ball striking recovered on the last hole with a solid tee shot right to where I was looking plus a nice approach that went straight at the flag, though ended up like 30 or so feet short of it .. leaving me my longest first putt of the day. Had the line but gave it just a little too much oomph uphill and the ball grazed the edge of the cup and continued to roll past just over 3 feet - then drilled that one in (whoo-hoo!).

..which was nice 'cuz on this course all three #9 holes finish within close view of the clubhouse and its back patio!!!

is that Colonial Springs? 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

11 hours ago, cnosil said:

When I read your posts,  your game sounds exactly like mine.  

I think many of us struggle with the same patterns, particularly those of us with a game that is "pretty good" but not where we want it.  We have the ability to go low, but we also have the uncanny knack to hit those WTF shots.  🙂  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

16 hours ago, pulledabill said:

I've actually been hitting irons well in practice so not sure what was up. I think part of it was trusting my practice and my swing in progress. 

I could've posted those *exact* words myself!! It is just sooooo hard not to revert to old, bad habits out on the course - but more lessons + practice, plus some on-course practice, and it's gonna happen - we're gonna get there!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

8 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

is that Colonial Springs? 

..with the 3 x 9s - yes. We played the "Lake" course - nice layout, and the Green (Senior, I guess) tees right behind the forward-most Reds are very player friendly 😉 .. there are a few holes there with dangerous looking forced carries that the front tees let you avoid!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Just now, cksurfdude said:

..with the 3 x 9s - yes. We played the "Lake" course - nice layout, and the Green (Senior, I guess) tees right behind the forward-most Reds are very player friendly 😉 .. there are a few holes there with dangerous looking forced carries that the front tees let you avoid!!

sounds awesome. a buddy of mine joined, so hopefully i’ll get out there this season. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Had a chance to play Olde Barnstable Fairgrounds on Cape Cod on Tuesday.

Heard a bit about it on Twitter so decided to check it out. Wonderful course that is very walkable and has some fun holes.
Starts out P5-P3-P5-P3 - love that!
Started out in a funk but finished the last 8 in 1 over with 1 bird and 1 boge.... not bad for March golf!

Check out the pics!

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

17 hours ago, pulledabill said:

. Ive actually been hitting irons well in practice so not sure what was up. I think part of it was trusting my practice and  my swing in progress. 

I went out with zero expectations and no thought of going back to old swing. Score had no importance but buddy kept it.  

Right there with you.  I go out and practice the new swing and do pretty well.  And, for the most part, I can repeat the swing on the course.  But occasionally, whether it's lack of focus or subconsciously falling back on old habits, I just hit a really awkward shot.  Went out to practice again today and, as long as I worked on one specific aspect of my swing that I'm trying to improve, I hit them beautifully....but as soon as I relax a bit, that upper body tends to slide forward too early and I come out of the shot rather than staying down and through, and the results are wicked.  Oh well.....we keep trying and maybe eventually, our muscles will react more on instinct correctly than instinct incorrectly.  Keep at it!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

44 minutes ago, pulledabill said:

Back at same course today. Struggled with driver on front but chipping and putting much better. Birdied 9 and took the time waiting on 10 to think about game. Wasnt getting getting a good shoulder turn and found myself going to my old comfort zone. Doubled 10 after a great drive but found some sort of game the rest of the way. 

I will say after hole 8 after a horrendous 6i,  I said to my buddy  that I had no business being out there. We chatted about focus, goal, and the fact that I  knew a new  swing will be hard. I followed up with a birdie so that helped regain focus. 

Yesterday was a 95. Today was 87. 

Ya gotta love swing changes ... you know they're for the greater good in the long run, but the short run scores scare the heck out of you.

1 minute ago, CarlH said:

Ya gotta love swing changes ... you know they're for the greater good in the long run, but the short run scores scare the heck out of you.

After today's practice session following Monte's clinic...

giphy.gif

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

After today's practice session following Monte's clinic...

giphy.gif

I have a love/hate relationship with lessons. Long term they fix my swing issues - but the month immediately following the lesson it's like golf scoring hell.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Played a Par 68, 4500 yd course today with friends at Southport Springs. Shot a 41/37:78 with one double, eight bogies, eight pars(5 in a row) and one birdie. I had 6 FIR’s, 8 GIR’s & 32 putts. Longest drive was 228 yds. This is no April Fools joke!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

BTW, I played the Top Flite Gamer. Terrific ball for the price.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
PXG 0211 w/Project X Evenflo Riptide Regular shaft; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” EVNROLL E6R Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

14 hours ago, Rickp said:

Bacon Boyz decided @ 7:00 that Breakfast was more important than golf.
45* but COLD NORTH WIND that was brutal.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

12 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

That was barely the Hi today up here .. and with the same stoopit COOOOLLLD North wind.... 

Tomorrow's "supposed to be" nicer - playing 18 with step-sons.

Oh, ps: was actually *snowing* lightly early this morning!!!

We didn't even make that yesterday, I think it topped out at 40.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

9 hours ago, CarlH said:

....... It was a 5 1/2 hour round though!!! ...... 

I really struggle staying interested in a round of golf for that long.  If I get stuck playing in something like that my scoring typically goes downhill fast after about 13 or 14 holes.  Here is a secret, anybody that ever plays me in a match play event could win the last 4 or 5 holes just by playing slow the whole round!    😆

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

I've played twice this week, last Sunday, and yesterday.  Six days ago, similar to the good round a couple days prior, but without the good parts.  Wound up shooting an unremarkable 80.

Yesterday was a warmer repetition of the big wind round from a couple weeks ago.  Steady 20-25 mph wind with gusts to 35 to 40 mph.  Great fun, LOL.  Couldn't get untracked at all, a few pars, a couple doubles, for a crowd pleasing 44/44, 88, 17 over par.

500 yard par 5 into the wind, it was driver, 2h, 4 iron.  Going the other direction on the 500 yd par 5 on the back, it was 2h, 2h to just short of the green, after nicking a tree branch up the left side.  Fun day.  LOL

Edited by NRJyzr

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

17 hours ago, chisag said:

... Haha be careful what you wish for. I wanted the heat of Phoenix when the rest of the country is still coming out of winter. Scheduled a fitting with Taylor Made tomorrow and it is supposed to be 100* and it is only early April. I have a feeling July and August might be a little hotter than I bargained for! 🤪

My wife and I keep rethinking our plan to relocate our fulltime home to AZ.  It's pushing 100 here in Yuma.  I suggest you start looking for your "sunbird" destination for the summer/monsoon season.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

3 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

My wife and I keep rethinking our plan to relocate our fulltime home to AZ.  It's pushing 100 here in Yuma.  I suggest you start looking for your "sunbird" destination for the summer/monsoon season.

... I complained about winter for 42 years so I am not gonna complain about 115* heat ... at least not until I experience it for a full summer. 🤪

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

1 minute ago, chisag said:

... I complained about winter for 42 years so I am not gonna complain about 115* heat ... at least not until I experience it for a full summer. 🤪

LOL.  I've come to the conclusion that the best place to live is at least two places during a calendar year.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)