TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Another round that was slow to begin with then , settle in and managed to put in a good score. Chipping and putting continue to be good, need to commit to some shots and not get greedy. 
image.png.1f522c755090a8dae4d123bf3662ed4e.pngimage.png.2b6ff6b7e252e63716d0a68daab91fcf.pngimage.png.9f6f6c91f272765f46a3cc98fe374ebf.png

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50  (secondary shaft HRDZ Black 6.0 Stiff)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

Early morning Exec 9 on a course new to us with cart bridges now open.
55* with light breeze & blue sky. 1st 3 holes directly into the sun and not knowing the layout made it a bit tough on the Par 4’s. I lost a ball on 2nd hole into the sun and couldn’t find it, group in back of us picked it up in middle of fareway. Never looked there.
Loved the course, hit ball well (+4) and looking forward to next time there.
It is 5.5 miles by cart and 20 minutes, not bad ride.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

... I have made some golfing friends here in Phoenix but since I play 6 times a week I still play about 70% of my rounds as a single. Almost always have good playing pards but my luck ran out yesterday. First some lady from KC in her 70's found out I was from Chicago and wanted to talk politics ... sigh. Told her I wasn't interested in a political discussion on a golf course in 100* heat but that didn't stop her so I avoided being near her as much as possible. But the killer was a s-l-o-w golfer that was THAT GUY. Every decent shot he hit he screamed stuff like "That is a perfect shot!" or "Should be a birdie!" even though it was hit thin and rolling towards the green and finally rolling over the back. I could live with that but every bad shot, and there were many, he cringed in pain because of his torn labrum with the muscle completely disconnected from the bone. The head scratcher of course is good shots did not seem to bother his shoulder at all and on one really good one he lifted both arms over his head yelling "Beat that!" but when he topped 2 shots in a row explained to us that he can't lift his arm above chest high and swinging the club can be very difficult. And I mean we got a sermon on every bad shot and a dissertation on every good shot. 

... After a 2:20 minute front 9, again in 100* heat, he went to get a hot dog and a beer while the political lady said she was going to the ladies room and we should tee off and they would catch up. Our 3rd was her grandson and a pleasure to play with but instead of hitting he went to some shade from a tree and buried his head in his cell phone. So I teed off and never saw them again until the 18th tee and when I saw them approach the 17th tee, even though I waited on every tee from 13 to 18. 

... Quite frankly I am amazed I don't run into more unpleasant players on muni courses but it just goes to show that most golfers are just good people and I rarely have pards I do not enjoy sharing 4-4.5 hours with. 

There’s always that 10% lurking out there

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

23 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I have made some golfing friends here in Phoenix but since I play 6 times a week I still play about 70% of my rounds as a single. Almost always have good playing pards but my luck ran out yesterday. First some lady from KC in her 70's found out I was from Chicago and wanted to talk politics ... sigh. Told her I wasn't interested in a political discussion on a golf course in 100* heat but that didn't stop her so I avoided being near her as much as possible. But the killer was a s-l-o-w golfer that was THAT GUY. Every decent shot he hit he screamed stuff like "That is a perfect shot!" or "Should be a birdie!" even though it was hit thin and rolling towards the green and finally rolling over the back. I could live with that but every bad shot, and there were many, he cringed in pain because of his torn labrum with the muscle completely disconnected from the bone. The head scratcher of course is good shots did not seem to bother his shoulder at all and on one really good one he lifted both arms over his head yelling "Beat that!" but when he topped 2 shots in a row explained to us that he can't lift his arm above chest high and swinging the club can be very difficult. And I mean we got a sermon on every bad shot and a dissertation on every good shot. 

... After a 2:20 minute front 9, again in 100* heat, he went to get a hot dog and a beer while the political lady said she was going to the ladies room and we should tee off and they would catch up. Our 3rd was her grandson and a pleasure to play with but instead of hitting he went to some shade from a tree and buried his head in his cell phone. So I teed off and never saw them again until the 18th tee and when I saw them approach the 17th tee, even though I waited on every tee from 13 to 18. 

... Quite frankly I am amazed I don't run into more unpleasant players on muni courses but it just goes to show that most golfers are just good people and I rarely have pards I do not enjoy sharing 4-4.5 hours with. 

Hey, sorry you got the shaft with the playing partners, and not sure the appropriate thread to share the feedback...but you were dead on in recommending the DHY.  Love that club...remarkably forgiving and workable at the same time, and useful for a ton of shots.  My only problem now is I bought the 22 degree 4, and now I want to kick out my TS3 3h and replace it with another DHY!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

'THAT GUY' must be a snow bird because I am sure I have played with him in the summer time here.

We got out for what started as 9 today but since we played the 'front' in 1:15 we kept going.  We started on the back to avoid a 4 car pileup on the first tee and as expected things slowed down when we came back around to 1.  Beautiful 60* temps but pretty windy....about 15mph over there.  I went 38 / 41 with two doubles on our second 9. 

Greens had been aerated and sanded and i was pretty consistent leaving all my putts 2 - 3 foot short.  I was real happy with the iron play today, felt like good compression on contact and the distance and lines were pretty good.  I had 12 GIR & two others just off the fringe and I failed to get either up & down.....short on both the chip & putt.  Only three drives that got me in trouble where I tried to flight those down into the wind and came right over the top and hit them low, left and hooking, that is a bad combo!  

Frustrating hole of the day....Hole 1, I finally figure where to cut the corner and end up in the middle of the fairway with only 65 yards into the wind but between clubs.  I should have used the longer club because it took me 5 shots to get it in the hole from there for a double.  😡   

Overall a pretty good day for this early in the season so the winter net work must be paying off!  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Played today for the first time in a few weeks. Beautiful Day, the pro comped our round (he rents a room from my friend and will be getting a nice bottle of vodka from me for it). Rusty but reasonable 40 on the front. Very solid 37 on the back, several good irons, a 30 foot birdie putt, a couple of good chips and some great drives. I’ve been practicing and it showed.

We picked up a single on 12 - he plays golf for the local D2 team. Really nice kid - he appreciated playing with us as much as we enjoyed watching him play.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I was able to play a full 9, then because it was so slow, I re-played the front. Ball striking with irons and wedges wasn’t good, but the driver was incredible! The combination of the 10.5* loft and using a Pro V1X Left Dash was seriously legit! It was nice to finally play a “dry” course to see how the driver can perform. 
Shot of the day was a 58* wedge from 60 yards out, up-and-over two huge oaks!!! Hit it to 6 feet.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

6 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Hey, sorry you got the shaft with the playing partners, and not sure the appropriate thread to share the feedback...but you were dead on in recommending the DHY.  Love that club...remarkably forgiving and workable at the same time, and useful for a ton of shots.  My only problem now is I bought the 22 degree 4, and now I want to kick out my TS3 3h and replace it with another DHY!

... My 19* DHY is one of the few clubs in my bag that is not replaceable. Glad it is working out for you! 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

On 4/4/2021 at 3:59 PM, sirchunksalot said:

Work it being a beautiful 70 degree day, I took the opportunity to get out and at least get nine holes in. After my range session yesterday, I was feeling like I could conquer the world. I had an 11:50 tee time and when I got there the starter told me if I wanted, I could play immediately if I started on the back. 

I've probably mentioned that I hate number 10. I mean really, really hate it. The tee shot has trees lining the left of the fairway and the hole slightly doglegs left. 20201012_195051-01.jpeg.6613d35726760d2db9a99e7f1c2fb10e.jpeg

This shot intimidates me, I'm not going to lie. To make it worse, this is my first shot of the day. I hit the fairway, and that was the highlight of my round. It went severely downhill from there. 

Shot a 59, I don't have Arccos stats for the third straight round as it wasn't picking up shots. But I'll tell you that the only thing I had going for me was my greenside wedge game. Driver wasn't horrible, but I can't say it was spectacular either. I almost walked of the course in the 14th it was so bad and by the 17th I was ready to throw my clubs off a cliff with them on fire. 

Then I got to the last hole where I hit a good drive, a decent 3 wood, then I shanked a 6 iron and a wedge. I got to the ball, settled down thinking about the Planemate and exiting low and hit the flag from here.20210404_131528-01.jpeg.4076fdc973f05a51fcacd6c3ff674ac9.jpeg20210404_131614-01.jpeg.3f1cb543ce6fc10aa9d22c7805ba286b.jpeg

Tapped in for bogey, but left the course feeling better about my game. That's the beauty of this game, you can go from I don't know why I'm doing this to I love this game!

Went to the range afterward to work things out and hit a bucket and a half. I hit more good shots than bad and am looking forward to the next time I get out to play. Met a guy there named John and really enjoyed talking to him. He was absolutely crushing a Ping G425 and I had fun talking about his fitting for it and golf nerdery in general. 

That tree - no big deal, it would play right into my lefty power fade (re:slice)😜 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

One of the guys in my extended group is a hint of "that guy," giving ESPN commentary on every shot.  He doesn't have the obnoxious positive reactions, fortunately.

Gets a bit old, as you'd expect.

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

21 hours ago, chisag said:

in 100* heat

Friend of mine who is from Michigan, lived here in the Twin Cities for years, then to North Dakota before settling in Phoenix, likes to try sell me on the Phoenix area.  His favorite whenever the heat is mentioned is "yeah, but you don't have to shovel sunshine."  🙂

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

3 minutes ago, NRJyzr said:

Friend of mine who is from Michigan, lived here in the Twin Cities for years, then to North Dakota before settling in Phoenix, likes to try sell me on the Phoenix area.  His favorite whenever the heat is mentioned is "yeah, but you don't have to shovel sunshine."  🙂

As someone who lives in Michigan...

[Image - 215995] | Feel Like a Sir | Know Your Meme

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

6 minutes ago, NRJyzr said:

... It seems every location has trade offs. It comes down to which negatives you can live with. Crazy high taxes and earthquakes in CA, high humidity and hurricanes in FL, cold and snow anywhere north and the insane heat of dead summer in Phoenix. For me, the dry heat of a few summer months is the trade off I am willing to make. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

3 minutes ago, chisag said:

... It seems every location has trade offs. It comes down to which negatives you can live with. Crazy high taxes and earthquakes in CA, high humidity and hurricanes in FL, cold and snow anywhere north and the insane heat of dead summer in Phoenix. For me, the dry heat of a few summer months is the trade off I am willing to make. 

Yep!  I'll take the dry heat.  We actually have many days over 100º and some approaching 110º during the summer, so Phoenix is not a bad place.  I find it a lot better than 90% humidity locations.

My brother-in-law moved to Surprise 3 years ago and seems to enjoy it.  Weather is nice in the winter and golf is cheap in the summer!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played yesterday and round was kind of all over the place. Opened up with the best I've ever felt, parring the opening 4 holes (after leaving a 4 foot birdie putt on #4 under the hole). Then I was getting blown up with texts about work and got really frustrated and saw play deteriorate quickly. Got things handled and settled in late for a decent stretch. Middle stretch wasn't pretty but bookended it with +2 on first 4 and final 6 so definitely happy with that, especially putting on punched greens. 

Positives: Iron play felt pretty locked in throughout, just found woods off the tee during the middle so forced to punch out. GIR on 3/4 par 3's. Was able to lock in a bit down the stretch

Negatives: Not accurate at all off the tee and that cost me. Lost focus in the middle. Still trying to figure out distances with my newer irons/consistent contact.

Getting out again tomorrow at a course that punched greens a little sooner so hoping putting surface is a little smoother and can put together a full round of good golf.

IMG_3995EFF9A0EE-1.jpeg

Driver: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi2 9.0* w/ Tensei blue stiff shaft // 3 Wood: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi3 15* Tensei white stiff shaft

Hybrid: default_taylormade-small.jpg.e85cafcb95032f919dfafeb5fd18ac1e.jpg GAPR Hi 3h

Irons: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg T300 4-PW + 48* & 53*w/ KBS tour stiff

Wedge: default_cleveland-small.jpg.5931429dde47ec5093bb94bc9d38f8b5.jpg CBX2 58*10

Putter: KS1

Ball: Srixon Z-star // Bag: default_ping-small.jpg.2da16be6ff3360b3177f4439c6c6288b.jpg DLX

19 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Played the front 9 on kiva dunes today.  Pretty nice course, but not worth the chunk of change they are charging... 6 over, no lost balls.  Not a bad day.

No lost balls is always a plus. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° SW & 58° LW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

9 hours ago, PMookie said:

Got to play a CC on the “Northshore” of New Orleans today, Money Hill. It’s actually the course where I took lessons for so many years, but today was the first time I played it. I played with Rob, the owner of Xphlexxx shafts, who built my driver and now Super Hybrid (not an Xphlexxx shaft, an Aldila RIP Alpha), who got us on through his wife’s boss. Nice course, and a great course to be able to hit driver!!!! We had a really good time. We didn’t keep score, just tried to mash our drivers! 😂 

Here are just a couple pics. The “isthmus” green was tough. Three club wind dead into the face. Made it fun!!!

4AF7FD55-27A6-4A4E-A4EA-69F031C99B49.jpeg

B0165A24-8EAE-4F7F-8C28-BB48859AD34B.jpeg

Thats a good looking course.. looks like it would be tons of fun. 

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50  (secondary shaft HRDZ Black 6.0 Stiff)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

13 minutes ago, MrBandit said:

Thats a good looking course.. looks like it would be tons of fun. 

Great course for hitting drivers! Nice layout, fun!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

14 hours ago, PMookie said:

and now Super Hybrid

how did that work out for you?

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

First round of year, shot 84 which works out to +15 adjusted for course/slope and is better than any 18 hole round in 2020. 22 putts on the front nine (6 GIR), with 4 3 putts LOL. Took time to adjust to the heavier weight of the EVNROLL as well as putting on outdoor greens which seemed to have varying degrees of sand on them. But, made up for it with 12 putts on the back 9 (6 - 1 putts, 3 GIR). Also clanked a chip off the flag stick that was so close to going in... 

Positives: One of my best ever driving rounds, a lot which can be attributed to the concepts from DECADE on aiming and planning out tee shots from Google maps. 3 Driver misses were wipey shots off the heel that ended up 210 out. Longest drive was 297 with the majority in the 250-270 range. Wedge play from 70-100 yards was solid, 50% GIR as well as up and downs. First birdie of the season after sticking a wedge to 6ft from 95 yards on a par 5. 

Negatives: poor distance control to start with putter, bladed/thinned some irons/wedges (still flipping), including a rinsed ball on a par 3. Need to work on shallowing and transition moves with irons. Failed to get ball on green from greenside bunker. Got tired walking 18 and lost my swing after hole 15 - need to push harder on fitness. 

Was a couple 3 putts and 1 penalty off the tee away from breaking 80... This is the year, next lesson is Tuesday. Stack System can show up anytime... 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

7 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

First round of year, shot 84 which works out to +15 adjusted for course/slope and is better than any 18 hole round in 2020. 22 putts on the front nine (6 GIR), with 4 3 putts LOL. Took time to adjust to the heavier weight of the EVNROLL as well as putting on outdoor greens which seemed to have varying degrees of sand on them. But, made up for it with 12 putts on the back 9 (6 - 1 putts, 3 GIR). Also clanked a chip off the flag stick that was so close to going in... 

Positives: One of my best ever driving rounds, a lot which can be attributed to the concepts from DECADE on aiming and planning out tee shots from Google maps. 3 Driver misses were wipey shots off the heel that ended up 210 out. Longest drive was 297 with the majority in the 250-270 range. Wedge play from 70-100 yards was solid, 50% GIR as well as up and downs. First birdie of the season after sticking a wedge to 6ft from 95 yards on a par 5. 

Negatives: poor distance control to start with putter, bladed/thinned some irons/wedges (still flipping), including a rinsed ball on a par 3. Need to work on shallowing and transition moves with irons. Failed to get ball on green from greenside bunker. Got tired walking 18 and lost my swing after hole 15 - need to push harder on fitness. 

Was a couple 3 putts and 1 penalty off the tee away from breaking 80... This is the year, next lesson is Tuesday. Stack System can show up anytime... 

Glad to see you got out.  How's the shoulder holding up?

Might want to give a PlaneMate a look if shallowing is your concern...

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Got out for 18 over the weekend .. first 18 of the season .. with my wife and her two sons (now in their 20s; there's a daughter in the middle but she hates the thought of golf...).

Classic golf day - sometimes it was a little colder, sometimes a little warmer; sometimes it was breezy, sometimes it was calm; sometimes the tee shots were great, and sometimes they were not so great; sometimes my chipping and pitching and putting was spot-on and sometimes I ran the ball way past the hole...

The boys managed to polish off a 6 pack - on each 9!! - and could still play golf, and .. still have room for two more each with dinner afterward. Oh to be 20-something again.... 😝

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg