Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

2 hours ago, rbsiedsc said:

how did that work out for you?

It’s a substitute for a 3w, so I only had the opportunity to hit it once, off the tee, and it did quite well but still a lot more trial opportunities to come in the future. 

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Beautiful Wednesday morning 60*, Sun breaking thru with light breeze @ 8:00am.
Shot a +4, 40 with no birdies, slid putts by the hole too many times.
Driver came to play but irons wanted to sleep in, putter didn’t like the wet slowish greens.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

2 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Glad to see you got out.  How's the shoulder holding up?

Might want to give a PlaneMate a look if shallowing is your concern...

Shoulder is good but there is still minor discomfort, I am actively pushing ROM as far as possible to maximize turn with no issues. I have been slacking a bit on weight training and rehab work but hit 200+ on squats and 250+ on DLs over the past month or two which are the highest since before COVID lockdowns in 2020. Need to progress these up to 250 and 300 respectively. I also tied a personal best of 190 carry with a 6 iron last night using this new backswing position from Gankas which is up 10 yards from average on that club. SC200 gave around 90 MPH club head speed, but I never fully trust that number from the unit. 

When we arrived at the course it was just over 40F and frost was still coming out of the ground in shaded areas. Left side back muscles were pretty tight which was the bigger issue for this round. Until, my new Adidas golf shoes gave me a blister the size of a quarter on the back of my foot by about hole 10. 

Planemate is tempting, might try to buy one 2nd hand as people give up using them. I have found a couple drills without a club to exaggerate the shallowing. This is nice indoors in sets of 5. Really trying to figure out the queues and feels to get my lower body rotation driven the transition. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX 9* Driver

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:touredgeexotics: CBX 119 16* 2 hyb

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Tuttle / :edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

Deja vu of yesterday with another 41/41 ... triple bogey on #3 when I couldn't get out of the dense sand trap (and I'm normally a decent trap player) ... double on the back.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

8 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Round one of 2021 is in the books, heck first swings of 2021, and it was... meh. No scorecard but this was the course I played for iron only round last year that I shot 81. Today was worse than that but we were able to recover on the second nine.

For those of you wondering about how the SIK would perform in live action, it put some good rolls and held the line. Speed was tricky but after a few holes it was better. Driver was also going ok. No real two way miss which was a problem last season.

The downside, iron play was a tragedy. Fat, fatter, and some would say fattest. Could get better with more time, but I'm looking at our local First Tee auction with some lessons packages in there. Might need a tune up before I try to really get playing in a good way.

In all, it was... a thing.

Where'd you end up playing?

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P, follow along!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

9 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Where'd you end up playing?

Caughdenoy Links, 10 minutes from my house. Decent elevation changes, super wide open... not ideal in 10 to 20 mile an hour winds with no yardage markers on the course amd me not Arccos'ing it.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

... Well I have had 4 months of mediocre, out right bad and some occasionally pretty decent golf but only 3 total at par or under out of about 100 rounds. That said, I think I am finally figuring out desert golf and the conditions have improved quite a bit. Greens are rolling much better and I actually have some confidence in my reads now. What has been hardpan around the greens has grown in with just enough wiry Bermuda grass to miss a chip/pitch by 1/16th of an inch and not bounce into the ball. Today was one of those days where everything was working and I only had one bad shot when I hit a 9 iron a little fat from a downhill lie and missed a 6 footer on #8 hitting the low side and lipping out. Hit a drive into the last bunker on 18 that takes my best drive to even reach resulting in my only bogie of the day to stop me from having a clean card ... sigh. The rest of the day was my best round this year shooting under my age for the first time. And I am really, really liking my King Tour irons. 

1204489949_Aguila67.jpg.710112ef2d603ce97f2ec25d6075b16d.jpg

Good shootin’

Rick

Left Hand, 

Played Tuesday. Weather was solid with highs in the 70s and maybe low 80s. Course was slammed as you can imagine which meant a lot of hit and wait. 

Had a few pars and a couple of doubles. Ended with a 46 which seems to be my going average. If I'm going to improve this year my short game and putting has to be much better.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Played the little par 33 - 9 hole executive course today
Had to fight quite a bit of wind
38 + 39 = 77

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

On 4/8/2021 at 5:01 PM, Kenny B said:

Oh so close...!!!  Dang it!!

Got a call yesterday from my buddy that plays on a different course in town; the one I sometimes sub for their game of Wolf.  Their course was closed for the plugging and sanding that my course went through last week.  They needed a fourth for their Wolf game today and it was going to be at MY course!!!  I played on Sunday and shot 78 so I was feeling pretty good about my game, but I went to the range on Tuesday and I sucked at hitting anything.  So what will show up today?

The 3 other guys are all about the same skill level as I am; 2 of them have a lower HI index; one is a little higher.  The temp was mid-50's and the wind was 15-20 with higher gusts.  I only hit 8 of 13 fairways and 4 GIR, BUT I birdied three of those holes;  #4, 14 and 17.  I was +3 of the front nine and -1 on the back nine for my best score in a few years... 74, and one shot over my age!!!  

Hole #14 is a risk/reward par4 that is drivable for the big hitters.  I usually lay up, but today with the wind I decided to try to drive it over a hazard and large sand trap; came up short but in the sand a foot from the elevated green, and 30 yards short of the pin.  I hit my 54º wedge to 2 feet for a sandy birdie on a par 4!!!  There were a couple of holes that could have been a lot better... like the par 5 #6 hole where I hit a tree and had a double sandy bogey.  I could have shot my age!!  In a month it would be good enough!!

I rarely beat the two guys with a lower index, especially on their course, but on my course I have an advantage.  They shot 78 and 79... the other guy shot 88. 

I sent and email about my round to my coach, Monte Scheinblum, who I spent 3 days with a couple of weeks ago.  He posted it on his Instagram page!!!  

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNcxsL4Ma-B/

Attending a Monte clinic is a treat and well worth the investment in your golf game.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

12 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I sent and email about my round to my coach, Monte Scheinblum, who I spent 3 days with a couple of weeks ago.  He posted it on his Instagram page!!!  

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNcxsL4Ma-B/

Attending a Monte clinic is a treat and well worth the investment in your golf game.

Saw that post and thought that was you

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

23 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Shot a 44/42:86 today from the White Tees(Flat Belly 6,049 yards) as I was playing with my Grandsons. Had one birdie on the Par 5 #17 today, almost an Eagle as my 108 yard approach shot hit the pin! We had a blast today.Image1618005710.872690.thumb.jpg.726968f0329a39fd556a13a7ae1c98a7.jpg

One Grandson hit his drive on #14 next to a tree. When we found his ball, we also saw this.....

Image1618005987.044792.jpg

Not a birdie, but a squirrel!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
PXG 0211 w/Project X Evenflo Riptide Regular shaft; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” EVNROLL E6R Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

What's better than a birdie? A squirrelli!  

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I planted some shrubs around our condo yesterday. Being retired and slightly tight in the wallet, I decided to use a trowel I had in the garage instead of buying a shovel. 
What does that have to do with how you played today? I didn't realize I had gotten a blister in the middle of my palm from the trowel - which made itself known when it broke on the first hole today. IMG_8153.JPG.5d2bd9791a5b2a8000f3a7b7922e3e31.JPG 

Not a fun experience especially since it was on my left hand - being a lefty wearing right handed gloves. Still ended up carding a 93. Biting down on the bullet whenever I gripped the club really helped. 

That’s gonna hurt for a while

Rick

Left Hand,