TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

33 minutes ago, CarlH said:

A horrendous day!!  Well, the back 9 was.  Shot a 38 on the front with a double bogey, ripped a drive on #10 down the middle and then disaster!!!  Pulled my 6 iron to the left, leaving a tree blocking most of the green, so I went to punch out to the high side of the green, but hit the tree anyway.  It bounced backwards, and my next shot went long over the green.  Got down with a triple bogey 7.  And that's not the worst that happened!!!  Another double on @12 and another on 14 and again on 15 (15 was at least a lost ball...the other two were just bizarre ball striking).  But on a reachable par 5 #16, it was even more hilarious!  Nice drive to the middle of green with 175 yards to the pin and I almost miss the ball.  It travels about 50 yards to the left, sort of behind a tree,  but open to the green .  Knock the next shot into the pond, take a drop and the next ball hits the bank and bounces into the pond again.  Drop another ball and hit it long and then proceed to 4 putt the green!  Wrote down an 11! (We had a medal game going on).  You guessed it -- another double on 17!  All of this is due to just insanely bad iron and wedge play.  Well, remember that 38 on the front?  How about a 56 on the back!!!!  Adjusted 6 strokes and posted an 88 for my handicap score.  OH EM GEE!!!!  Glad none of you guys know me ... I'm really embarrassed by that back nine!

If it wasn't so funny, I'd cry!

Been there... done that!!!  Go get' em tomorrow Tiger!!  Oops!  Wrong Spy!!  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I planted some shrubs around our condo yesterday. Being retired and slightly tight in the wallet, I decided to use a trowel I had in the garage instead of buying a shovel. 

What does that have to do with how you played today? I didn't realize I had gotten a blister in the middle of my palm from the trowel - which made itself known when it broke on the first hole today. IMG_8153.JPG.5d2bd9791a5b2a8000f3a7b7922e3e31.JPG 

Not a fun experience especially since it was on my left hand - being a lefty wearing right handed gloves. Still ended up carding a 93. Biting down on the bullet whenever I gripped the club really helped. 🤐

😬  I thought you were supposed to grip the club in your fingers!!  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 minute ago, Kenny B said:

😬  I thought you were supposed to grip the club in your fingers!!  

You are correct - but don't minimize the rub against your palm 😳

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Well, another lackluster day on the course that I'd just rather forget.  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

7 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Well, another lackluster day on the course that I'd just rather forget.  

Get the turds out of the way in preparation for the meet-up.  We're expecting BIG things from you... no pressure 😆.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

On 4/10/2021 at 3:40 PM, tony@CIC said:

I planted some shrubs around our condo yesterday. Being retired and slightly tight in the wallet, I decided to use a trowel I had in the garage instead of buying a shovel. 

What does that have to do with how you played today? I didn't realize I had gotten a blister in the middle of my palm from the trowel - which made itself known when it broke on the first hole today. IMG_8153.JPG.5d2bd9791a5b2a8000f3a7b7922e3e31.JPG 

Not a fun experience especially since it was on my left hand - being a lefty wearing right handed gloves. Still ended up carding a 93. Biting down on the bullet whenever I gripped the club really helped. 🤐

So will we need to start referring to you as "Tony Two Gloves"? 😆

3 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I got out today for nine holes with my favorite caddy driving the golf cart. 20210411_175021-01.jpeg.cb1d6f9fa25ed60952e365f3c0a4dba9.jpeg

It was fun, well, except for the golf game that decided to rear its ugly head. Shot a very disappointing 57 on a day my driver was on along with my short game. Only had 18 putts and one terrible drive. I only hit 3 fairways, but my misses were no more than 8 feet into the rough. From 40 and in, my wedges were on and I two putted everything. 

My approach game was horrendous, tops and shanks galore. I couldn't hit a fairway wood or iron for love nor money. I hit one pure 5 iron and that was it, even that was into howling wind and came up short. 

I'm thankful my wife was with me keeping me relaxed, otherwise I might have walked off the course, came home, put the clubs in the deepest recesses of the closet, and quit playing. She discussed what was good with my game and how she sees improvement, especially in the short game.

I'm dealing with a mental block on the course. On the range and into the net, I look like I know what I'm doing, but put me in the course and it's all manner of disaster. I'm stuck in the mode of playing golf swing and not golf. I probably won't be able to play the next two weeks, I'm working the next two Saturdays. Hopefully I can get out and practice and get to a better place with my game.

No worries mate... the 2021 HRC is not far off and we all know how that brings out your A game 🙂.

6 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

No worries mate... the 2021 HRC is not far off and we all know how that brings out your A game 🙂.

I always look forward to the HRC and hopefully it'll snap me out of it. Nothing like numb hands by the second hole to take your mind off everything else. 

I got out for a quick 12 last evening before dark.  i still have some sloppy holes pop up and had 2 doubles and 3 bogey's to go with 7 pars.  Greens are still bumpy with the punch holes yet to fill in.  They haven't been cut yet and are very slow too.  I'm still feeling pretty good about the swing starting out the year, iron "misses" still hit the green and drive "misses" were just barely in the rough.  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

12 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

So will we need to start referring to you as "Tony Two Gloves"? 😆

🤣😭 Too funny. Maybe Tony the right Lefty 🤪

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

12 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I got out today for nine holes with my favorite caddy driving the golf cart. 20210411_175021-01.jpeg.cb1d6f9fa25ed60952e365f3c0a4dba9.jpeg

It was fun, well, except for the golf game that decided to rear its ugly head. Shot a very disappointing 57 on a day my driver was on along with my short game. Only had 18 putts and one terrible drive. I only hit 3 fairways, but my misses were no more than 8 feet into the rough. From 40 and in, my wedges were on and I two putted everything. 

My approach game was horrendous, tops and shanks galore. I couldn't hit a fairway wood or iron for love nor money. I hit one pure 5 iron and that was it, even that was into howling wind and came up short. 

I'm thankful my wife was with me keeping me relaxed, otherwise I might have walked off the course, came home, put the clubs in the deepest recesses of the closet, and quit playing. She discussed what was good with my game and how she sees improvement, especially in the short game.

I'm dealing with a mental block on the course. On the range and into the net, I look like I know what I'm doing, but put me in the course and it's all manner of disaster. I'm stuck in the mode of playing golf swing and not golf. I probably won't be able to play the next two weeks, I'm working the next two Saturdays. Hopefully I can get out and practice and get to a better place with my game.

The range is wider than fairways; no consequences for bad shots.  When on the course, your eyes see a much narrower target, so most likely trying to guide the ball.  Narrow your target on the range for an acceptable tee shot, and when on the course trust your swing.  Stop thinking... let things happen... and Be the ball!  😂

BTW, why are you sitting in the driver's seat!!  Or is that one of those newfangled right-hand drive carts? 🤣

Yesterday, I came back to earth with a more "normal" round of 81.  Two doubles on the front nine and a 44 was not a good start, but shot 37 on the back nine.  It was a nice, sunny day, but after a 90 minutes frost delay, my warmup on the range was long gone and it felt like I just got out of the car and headed to the tee.  I started warming up by #8, and my short game was working a little better.  Putting is still difficult with the hole punches affecting speed and line.

Another Jekyll/Hyde kind of round. 39 on the front nine with a double on the first, then 45 on the back. I’ve had a number of those kinds of rounds this year including one when I was -1 after 11 and 9 over on the last 7. I’m beginning to believe it’s a stamina / endurance issue as I get older (60+). Gotta get off my lazy arse and exercise to get stronger and lose weight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

------------------------------

Driver:   Titleist TSr2 11 - UST Helium 5F3

Fairway: Titleist TS2 16.5 and 21 - Evenflow Riptide CB R

Irons: Titleist U505 4U and T300 5-GW - Aerotech SteelFiber i80 R

Wedges:  Cleveland Black RTX ZipCore 54 and Full Face 58 - True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge 

Putter:  Odyssey TriHot 5K TripleWide

Bag:  Titleist 15 Cart

21 minutes ago, gbtrsc said:

Another Jekyll/Hyde kind of round. 39 on the front nine with a double on the first, then 45 on the back. I’ve had a number of those kinds of rounds this year including one when I was -1 after 11 and 9 over on the last 7. I’m beginning to believe it’s a stamina / endurance issue as I get older (60+). Gotta get off my lazy arse and exercise to get stronger and lose weight.

While that can happen to me, especially during the summer when temps get over 100º, I'm mostly the opposite.  At almost 74 years old, it seems to take me several holes to get this old body working, and my swing doesn't come around until the back nine.  Then again, some days it doesn't come around at all. 🙄

7:30 Tee Time after weekend 3.5”rain. Surprised that only a few holes were CPO.
Started Bogey, Bogey then started hitting ball a little better but still pushed everything to the right (LH).
One bird on 7th helped feel better.
Course was wet but not as bad as I thought it would be.
Always tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

2 Day Tournament completed. 2 ridiculous bad holes both days in the front 9.
First day after a slow and painful front 9, a 1under 35 on the back made this better.
But on the second day, i was unable to avoid the big number in the front and the rest of the round was an uneventful and disappointing round. To end up in 3rd place.

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50  (secondary shaft HRDZ Black 6.0 Stiff)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

Went out and played Poppy Ridge Golf Course in Livermore, CA this weekend. I was excited to use my new Driver for a 2nd time on the course. So of course I hooked my first drive out of bounds on the first hole. Great start...From there on it worked great though. Unfortunately, I am a bit out of practice with my putter so I 3 putted a few holes that I had pretty good looks at birdie (all within 20 ft) and missed several other birdie attempts that would have really helped my round. Managed to stay focused enough to shoot a 77. Playing again in 2 weeks and hope to improve on that putting performance though.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

6 minutes ago, The 19th Hole said:

Went out and played Poppy Ridge Golf Course in Livermore, CA this weekend. I was excited to use my new Driver for a 2nd time on the course. So of course I hooked my first drive out of bounds on the first hole. Great start...From there on it worked great though. Unfortunately, I am a bit out of practice with my putter so I 3 putted a few holes that I had pretty good looks at birdie (all within 20 ft) and missed several other birdie attempts that would have really helped my round. Managed to stay focused enough to shoot a 77. Playing again in 2 weeks and hope to improve on that putting performance though.

Love that course, next time in Cali I will have to make a stop there.

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50  (secondary shaft HRDZ Black 6.0 Stiff)

7 minutes ago, MrBandit said:

Love that course, next time in Cali I will have to make a stop there.

Its a pretty good course when the conditions are right. The fairways and rough were a bit spotty and the greens had not fully recovered from being punched a couple of weeks ago so they were much slower and more bumpy than normal. But it was still nice to be outside.

If I had to choose (and price was less of a concern) I would rather hop down the road and play "The Course at Wente Vineyards". The greens are typically in better shape and it is a bit more challenging of a layout (to me). 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

1 minute ago, The 19th Hole said:

Its a pretty good course when the conditions are right. The fairways and rough were a bit spotty and the greens had not fully recovered from being punched a couple of weeks ago so they were much slower and more bumpy than normal. But it was still nice to be outside.

If I had to choose (and price was less of a concern) I would rather hop down the road and play "The Course at Wente Vineyards". The greens are typically in better shape and it is a bit more challenging of a layout (to me). 

I played there also very nice track.

These are some of my favorites when I lived out there, not sure if they still open.. 
http://www.chardonnaygolfclub.com/
https://www.indianvalleygolfclub.com/
https://tpc.com/hardingpark/fleming-course/
https://tpc.com/hardingpark/
https://www.thefountaingroveclub.com/
https://www.silveradoresort.com/
https://roosterrun.com/
http://www.roddyranch.com/
golfsangeronimo.com/

https://www.bodegaharbourgolf.com/
https://www.peacockgapgolfclub.com/
https://www.presidiogolf.com/
https://franklincanyongolf.com/

47 minutes ago, MrBandit said:

Thanks for the suggestion!: 

https://tpc.com/hardingpark/fleming-course/ - Never played it, but might need to take my son there. I have played the 18 hole regular course. Was actually spose to go play here last year right before the PGA tour, but they shut everything down due to Covid before my tee time...Haven't made it back yet.

http://www.roddyranch.com/ - Played it a few times, but closed a couple years ago😞

https://www.bodegaharbourgolf.com/ - THIS LOOKS GEORGOUS! and the price isn't terrible...I am going to look into this one for sure!!

https://www.presidiogolf.com/ - Played it, didn't like it as much as i thought I would and for sure not for the price they charege nowadays.

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Stop thinking... let things happen... and Be the ball!

You know, I was thinking about what you said here while at work today and I started going back over my round. Driver was good, I just picked a spot and swung, had one go o.b. on the first hole but everything else was no more than 8 feet into the rough. I even hit the fairway on nine into a left to right cross wind by playing or over the cart path and letting it drift back in. Greenside, I just walked up, pictured what I wanted to do, took a couple of practice swings and trusted myself. I had some pretty good results.

Anything with an iron or fairway wood over 50 yards, I was a basket case and I realized I just need to trust the process. There's proof good things happen that way. 

Thank you for the advice, it was really appreciated. 

6 hours ago, The 19th Hole said:

Thanks for the suggestion!: 

https://www.bodegaharbourgolf.com/ - THIS LOOKS GEORGOUS! and the price isn't terrible...I am going to look into this one for sure!!

Bodega Bay is the location where the 1963 Alfred Hitchcock movie, The Birds was filmed.  Just a bit of trivia from an old f@rt!!