Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

11 hours ago, CarlH said:

A little bit of the old me showed up for today's round.  39/40.  Fairly consistent, although my driver did put in in at least 4 situations where I had to punch out to the fairway.  I did have one double bogey when I 3 putted a tricky green.  Putting was not really that sharp today.  Could have been a better score, but I'll take the 79 given what I've been shooting lately!

Congratulations on not shooting 84!

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

7 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Played the Wolf game today at the other course in town.  I don't play there much, but I get to play for free with this group of guys.  Well, free if I don't lose a bunch of quarters!!  😂  Last week they played at my course and I shot 74 and took their quarters!  They wanted revenge, so we played at their course today.

A sunny 75º day with about 10-15 mph wind from the opposite direction from normal.  I drove the ball well; chipping and putting were OK except for one hole; in front of the green in two shots on the par 4 #16 and ended up with a double; my only one of the day.  I did have two birdies; almost got to the par 5 #3 in two shots... chip and a putt.  The other was on the par 4 #15; pin high on a green that slopes severely back to front; 12 footer left to right breaking about 3 feet.

Shot 80... 40/40.  A nice round for men on that course, but lost 2 quarters.  

TWO quarters?! Too rich for my blood. 😂

sounds like a nice round considering the wind!

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

, but lost 2 quarters.  

Hope you don't plan on fleecing us in Bend with those high stakes you seem to like!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

On 4/12/2021 at 9:11 PM, Kenny B said:

Bodega Bay is the location where the 1963 Alfred Hitchcock movie, The Birds was filmed.  Just a bit of trivia from an old f@rt!!

And you if you want more Trivia, on your way up to Bodega Bay, via Point Reyes station, the town and the light house is where the The FOG was filmed. (it still looked the same when I lived there which was pretty cool)

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50  (secondary shaft HRDZ Black 6.0 Stiff)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Played the Wolf game today at the other course in town.  I don't play there much, but I get to play for free with this group of guys.  Well, free if I don't lose a bunch of quarters!!  😂  Last week they played at my course and I shot 74 and took their quarters!  They wanted revenge, so we played at their course today.

A sunny 75º day with about 10-15 mph wind from the opposite direction from normal.  I drove the ball well; chipping and putting were OK except for one hole; in front of the green in two shots on the par 4 #16 and ended up with a double; my only one of the day.  I did have two birdies; almost got to the par 5 #3 in two shots... chip and a putt.  The other was on the par 4 #15; pin high on a green that slopes severely back to front; 12 footer left to right breaking about 3 feet.

Shot 80... 40/40.  A nice round for men on that course, but lost 2 quarters.  

That’s a very friendly game of wolf. Most times I play it with my long time group somebody is done $2 before the ball is in the hole on 1.

Its also usually and expensive day for someone since we do round robin team match and also skins

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

22 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

That's what has been so impressive so far is how stable it is. First day I got it, I walked outside and just looked around as I was walking. When I watched the video later, it was so smooth. I want to attach it to my car, but am just a little too paranoid about that. 

so the stability is good without a gimbal? 

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, TM Sim2 19*, Cobra F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Cleveland HB Soft #1 w/UST
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

1 hour ago, StrokerAce said:

so the stability is good without a gimbal? 

Here is the video I took just walking around in the yard. I was holding it with both hands but was impressed but it. When I had it on the golf cart I was using the suction cup mount, but it handled the bumps in the fairway pretty well. 

4 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Here is the video I took just walking around in the yard. I was holding it with both hands but was impressed but it. When I had it on the golf cart I was using the suction cup mount, but it handled the bumps in the fairway pretty well. 

Not bad!

Do you think an older model is just as good as the newer ones?

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, TM Sim2 19*, Cobra F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Cleveland HB Soft #1 w/UST
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

10 over at Bali Hai; starting to see my fairway % creep up! Hit 64% which is way up from last seasons avg, but these greens were all sorts of slick...
IMG_4632.JPGIMG_4631.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

Played 9 earlier this week, and my instructor is going to be gifted (again) with a few select IPAs! It's taken me several months and many lessons but the progress is really starting to show out on the course 👍

From 140 and in I pretty much hit each shot pretty close to what I was hoping to achieve. Now, no absolutely not, I don't "expect" to do that every round (but at least now I know I can once in a while).

Chipping was also pretty good, and putting was pretty close but not quite but I'm happy enough with my distance control.

Tee shots, though.... First three were good but then .. but then .. just lost it... The old slice came back and I couldn't shake it, couldn't figure it out or fix it the rest of the round. So had a bunch of punch-out/recovery shots.

One of which was fun - after extremely slicing a tee shot into the next fairway, I found myself blocked by the row of tall trees between. Sure, I could try to punch out sideways back to the proper fairway, but .. where's the fun in that? 😉 Besides, I'm trying to learn what kind of shots I should .. and should not! .. attempt on the course so I grab the 7i, lean back a touch and give it a whack .. .. and watch it start online, just clear the tree top and come down about 20-25 yards in front of the green. Yeah!

Just missed making the up and down but happy to walk away with a semi-miraculous bogey.

Playing 9 this weekend so we'll see if we can keep _all_ parts of the game on the positive side of the ledger!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Despite yesterday's "better" play, today was a total disaster!  Everything I did was wrong.  No idea what happened other than I got in my own way.  Played a 2 man best ball with our senior group today.  Both my partner and I played stinky!  On a brighter note, an 18 handicap player showed up wearing plus fours and knee socks, a sweater vest with a Scottish logo and matching hat with same logo metallic medallion on it.  Said it was his clan symbol (McAlister, although his name was Miller). I think he watched too much tv as I observed his pre-swing routine.  He'd stand behind the ball, take two half swings perpendicular to his line, hold the club up vertical to find his target, then look down at the ball as he walked away from that target and settled into his setup without fanfare (or consistency) and take a mighty swing.  His putting routine was equally entertaining, with his glove removed and tucked in his rear pocket with all 4 fingers pointing downward, as he squatted to read his line then proceed to putt 6 feet off line.  Had it not been for his entertaining performance, I might have thrown my entire clubs and bag into the pond.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

9 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

The quarters have to be paid on the next tee.  

All of us are old and cheap!!  
Since the rounds of golf are comped, it cost me 2 quarters to play 18 holes with a cart.  Not bad!!  Sometimes I get paid quarters to play golf there.

We don’t bet big dollars either but they add up at the end of the round once double bets and in some cases a double back happens and $24 is lost on a hole

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

32 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

The quarters have to be paid on the next tee.  

All of us are old and cheap!!  
Since the rounds of golf are comped, it cost me 2 quarters to play 18 holes with a cart.  Not bad!!  Sometimes I get paid quarters to play golf there.

Do the quarters Need to be paid on the next tee because of the old part? 🤣

My dad likes to say he has CRS. Can’t Remember Sh!t. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

12 over at the Siena Club; last few days have definitely been an eye opener on how easy my local muni’s are. If I had 28 putts at home I’d have shot even par...
IMG_4636.JPGIMG_4635.JPGIMG_4633.JPG

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

Poorly.

Driver: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi2 9.0* w/ Tensei blue stiff shaft // 3 Wood: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi3 15* Tensei white stiff shaft

Hybrid: default_taylormade-small.jpg.e85cafcb95032f919dfafeb5fd18ac1e.jpg GAPR Hi 3h

Irons: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg T300 4-PW + 48* & 53*w/ KBS tour stiff

Wedge: default_cleveland-small.jpg.5931429dde47ec5093bb94bc9d38f8b5.jpg CBX2 58*10

Putter: KS1

Ball: Srixon Z-star // Bag: default_ping-small.jpg.2da16be6ff3360b3177f4439c6c6288b.jpg DLX

4 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Do the quarters Need to be paid on the next tee because of the old part? 🤣

My dad likes to say he has CRS. Can’t Remember Sh!t. 

The quarters need to be paid on the next tee (we keep our stash in the cart cup holder under our water bottle).  Yes, sometimes we need to be reminded!!  There's something about the clink of quarters added to your stash!

We add up how many quarters we gain/lose after 16 holes; the two guys that lost the most quarters will Wolf on 17 and 18.  The one with the least amount of quarters gets to chose which hole they want.  Yesterday, the guy that was down the most picked #17, a par 3 and "Double Wolfed"; hit a bad tee shot and had to pay two quarters to each of us.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Tooling along with a decent round going despite doubling #13 again when I hit a nice drive on #18 leaving myself a 9 iron in.  Hit it right at the flag and feeling good about the shot when it comes up short and catches the lip of the trap and rolling back into the green side trap.  Now, I'm normally a decent sand player and feeling confident that I can get up and down for the par, bogey at the worst.  Get up to the trap and the lie is decent, no worries.  I catch too much sand and the ball doesn't clear the lip and rolls back in.  WTF?  OK.  Set up and again I don't get out.  Now I'm really pissed.  Third attempt comes out well, but doesn't have much spin and I'm 10 feet above the hole, not much break but a bit downhill.  I putt and it's rolling at a great speed center cut......veers a tad and I burn the edge.  Walk away with a triple bogey on the closing hole to shoot an 81 ----- and my partner and I lose by one point!