TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Plus pollen season is in full swing

Yeah same problem with me .. my eyes tend to itch a bit and tear up so I have to stop and wipe them before every shot or putt...

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

35 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Yeah same problem with me .. my eyes tend to itch a bit and tear up so I have to stop and wipe them before every shot or putt...

Allergy season starts for me sometime in May, when the temps get into the high 90's and runs into Sept with the peak around early August when it's 100-110º.  I have the opposite problem.  My eyes don't tear up; they are dry and itchy.  I have to add drops all the time.  I don't have that problem when I leave this area.  It's even better in hot, dry places like AZ or Palm Springs.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

19 minutes ago, chisag said:

... OTOH just concentrating on making a smooth chipping stroke and good contact always gets you on the green and in the circle. There really is no need to look up to see how close you got the chip because you have plenty of time as the ball isn't going into the woods/water/bushes, so make sure you maintain your posture and then swivel your head to see your results. For some (many?) this means looking at you contact point and keeping your eyes down for a good 2-3 seconds to train yourself to not look or rise up at impact. Your job is to make solid contact with a consistent stroke, not get the ball close to the hole. If you do that you can kiss bladed chips good bye forever. 

Thanks for that!! That was most likely what I did - look up too soon, in addition to not setting myself up well enough on the upslope I was standing on. And yes - my primary goal at this point .. that I probably should repeat to myself as I'm setting up .. is to get it up and onto the green (somewhere, anywhere). Will def be working on this...!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

... Instead of the lesson folder I am posting this here since so many have problems on the green. For those of you struggling with your putter, here is a great drill. I have always believed a true pendulum technique gives you the best opportunity to have a repetitive putting stroke. Swing the putter back and forward at the same pace. To help in not accelerating the putter head to start the forward stroke, balance a dime on your putter flange and take your normal putting stroke. If the dime falls off you are starting the stroke with too much acceleration and distance control will always be a problem. If you can take a smooth stroke back and forth at the same speed, the dime will stay on the putters flange. Even those with a pop stroke can benefit from the drill as the dime should fall off closer to impact instead of the start of the forward swing. You can even do this with a 40 footer if you take a longer back swing. Really helps with your rhythm!

963771871_Clevelanddime.JPG.4d675f05f8fe2de598bfab2ce0592264.JPG

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

33 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Standing on 1st Tee this morning in light drizzle a shot of lightning with a thunder boom over us. We all looked at each other turned and went to Darrells Diner for breakfast.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Smart plan.  I don't do lightning!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

No play for me!! At check in they rattled off the list of restrictions due to all the rain so I canceled.
Saw the Ranger in cart parking who is a friend of mine and he said smart move canceling water was bad.
Putted a little bit on practice green and that was pretty damp.
I’ll wait for Friday and Bacon Boyz.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Shot an 80 today.  Greens were just punched and heavily sanded, so we were a bit generous with putts given.  However, I can honestly say that I didn't pick up any long putts and most were tap in or slightly more.  The chips sure did react funny however.  Thought I hit some good ones only to watch them react totally different than expected.

Same with my round today! Had some chips really check on the sand and others were skipping right through it!

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

2 hours ago, JoshDay said:

Played at Sequoia Woods County Club for the first time since the snow completely lifted. Course was beautiful, but the greens were recently aerated. They were sandy and a little hairy, but it was a great day. Had some struggles off the tee, but played to my handicap, enjoyed the beauty, and am ready to head back up ASAP.

SWCC.jpg

The fairway in the bottom 2 pics looks like its 5 yards wide!!  😲

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Went out with a friend for a quick 9 hole practice round.  Hit the ball better today, making good move on the ball with better rotation and balance.  Greens were just punched and sanded yesterday and there was heavy sand, some of it wet, on the greens.  Birdied the last hole (par 5).  My putt was on my intended line, but may not have had the break I expected due to the heavy sand, when it hit a clod of dirt and kicked an inch to the right and center cut the hole.   We had an unofficial game of skins with carry overs between us....my birdie on the closing hole gave me a clean sweep of all 9 holes.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I think lessons are starting to improve my game after some very dismal rounds. Shot a 99 last week. ouch!!  Multiple 3 putts and probably 6 penalties off the tee   Last night was a 46 with lots of good in it and today was a 44, 40. 42. Just finding small victories to build on.

The bad was putting on 1st 9 and a 6 on a par 3 thanks to bad bunker play. Chipping and pitching was off and left too many much too short. Ive been working on solving my outside in swing plane that short game has been getting zero attention.

The good is that Im finding fairways and my iron play has got so much better. No longer taking huge pelts with a bad swing plane. Swing is so much more effortless and smooth with a good tempo.

Staying the course of lessons and willing to take my lumps. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX