TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Awful, rubbish, not much else to say really. My game is up and down at the moment and I have no idea why

:callaway-small:, Driver, Mavrik Max 10.5*, Aldila rouge white 60, XS flex

:mizuno-small:, 3 Wood, MX-700, S flex

:callaway-small:, 4 Hybrid, Mavrik Max, S flex

:Sub70: , 5-PW 699 Pro, KBS Tour S flex

:titelist-small:, Wedges, Vokey, 52*, 56*, 60*

:odyssey-small:, Putter, Stroke Lab Black #7

:titleist-small:, Pro V1

3 hours ago, benb1989 said:

Awful, rubbish, not much else to say really. My game is up and down at the moment and I have no idea why

The golf gods giveth, and they taketh away.  Their ways are unfathomable to mortals...

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

19 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

48/46 94 today. i had a better ball striking day overall but still not great. 

a birdie on 18 sure makes up for a lot of forgettable shots though. 

452yd par 4. hit my best drive of the day and had an even 100 left to the flag. pulled a 52* and stuck it to 4ft. 

AC6F1455-C3B6-4703-A880-E3FF1042050F.jpeg

Came to your post expecting 💣💣💣

350ish.... did not leave disappointed! haha

Sounds like you're getting in the swing of things, I still need to get out for my first real round of the year.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

@Chip Strokes  A birdie on 18 is that shot that makes you come back for more, regardless of all prior play 🙂 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

1 hour ago, Chip Strokes said:

48/46 94 today. i had a better ball striking day overall but still not great. 

a birdie on 18 sure makes up for a lot of forgettable shots though. 

452yd par 4. hit my best drive of the day and had an even 100 left to the flag. pulled a 52* and stuck it to 4ft. 

AC6F1455-C3B6-4703-A880-E3FF1042050F.jpeg

That's the way to end the round, and as @CarlH said, that'll leave you with a good feeling and make you want to come back for more. 

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

Came to your post expecting 💣💣💣

350ish.... did not leave disappointed! haha

Sounds like you're getting in the swing of things, I still need to get out for my first real round of the year.

even a blind squirrel finds a nut or two!

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Now that I finally can Post after a stint on the sidelines with the changes to Site.

Monday 3 bogey stinky start finished 5 over with no birds.

This morning new 9 to me with really nice greens.  2 birds with 2 over.  Irons were really good, driver wasn’t really cooperating.

Both mornings nice weather slightly humid.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

8 hours ago, edingc said:

- 44/44 = 88 / 86 ESC (+14) 
- 5/15 FIR
- 6/18 GIR 
- 33 Putts (4 3-putts, 8 2-putts, 5 1-putts, 1 chip-in Eagle!)

Golf is a funny game.

After going +3 overall on Saturday I was +5 standing on the fourth tee this morning. Hooked my Super Hybrid out of bounds left on No. 3, put my second tee shot behind a tree, landed in the greenside bunker and then three-putted to walk away with a quadruple bogey.

I didn't play poorly, but I hit quite a few tee shots that hurt. I tried to make up for the tee shots by playing some aggressive shapes out from under the trees but had little success (duh... not a surprise). Also, my touch from 50-100ish yards was awful today, which largely led to two of my four three-putts. I think I drop kicked four Super Hybrids from the tee, which is weird because I had a fantastic day with it on the range yesterday.

But, on the bright side, my driver was fantastic and the AutoFlex was shining. I hit a couple really good drives, and one led to a chip-in eagle from behind the green on the par 5 ninth hole.

Beautiful weather for a round. Just need to erase a few really bad holes and my score would be much better looking.

Arccos was awful again. I think I figured it out, however. My Samsung decided to allow the app to sleep. I noticed that if I kept the screen on and in the app it was working OK. I changed the setting and hopefully it will be better from here on out. I had already allowed the app access to the microphone since I had read that could be a problem, too.

definitely funny how the game is. Listened to an Adam young podcast and how even pros can have score spreads of 15-20 strokes. crazy game indeed

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Stinky today.  While I hit the ball well, putting was an issue.  Greens were punched and sanded last week and they're horrible right now.  I couldn't get the speed or breaks down, as each seemed totally different from the last.  Posted an 86, mainly due to putting.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

8 hours ago, chisag said:

... Intriguing round today and it really brought home how important focus, real focus is when trying to score. One of those days where everything was working well but nothing was working great. Could not get close enough for makable birdie putts with a lot of 15 to 20 footers that just didn't fall. 16 straight pars and thought about an 18 par day but ruined it when I holed a 15 footer for birdie on 17.  Really tough but fair 426yd finishing hole that is all uphill from the tee but then all downhill to the green and I had to make a 7 footer to save par on 18 and really grinding out a 4. 

... The course was not crowded at all and we finished in just over 3 hours. So I had the "brilliant" idea to keep playing until I had a bogie. (My back thinks brilliant should be replaced with stupid) This is when the focus really hit me because it is easy to bogie when you don't give every shot your full attention. Trying to play 27 holes without a bogie ain't easy. After a birdie on 19 and a routine par on 20 I hit a good drive on 21 a 430yd par 4 leaving me an in-between yardage so I gripped down 1" on my 7 iron and losing focus for just a miliasecond decelerated knowing I had too much club and pushed my approach shot into some hard pan right of the green AND semi-shortsided. The next 2 shots got my full attention and after a nice running chip bouncing twice in the rough I holed an 8 footer to save par. This one hole made me realize how often I don't give shots my full attention. I mean yea, I give all shots my attention but not my FULL attention when playing socially. 

... After 3 more pars and really grinding out 2 of them I finally bogied a 176 yd par 3, #25 for the day. Pulled my 6 iron and hit the side of an elevated green leaving a brutal pitch that I had to kill in the grass and judge the speed for 10 feet of break. Normally I just take in the shot and give it my best, but really grinding I walked up and looked exactly where I wanted it to land and checked for any irregularities in the grass and tried to analyze how much it would break after landing just short of the green then picking up speed. Downhill and the massive break left me an 8 footer that I missed on the low side. I birdied 26 and had a routine par on 27. 3 birdies and one bogie in 27 holes. I was completely exhausted both mentally and physically. 

Wow. Tales of this will be told around campfires and beer carts for generations. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Kind of a sloppy 41😱

weather gorgeous 65 @ 8:00 Tee Time.  TSi2 driver wasn’t cooperating so switched to G410+ and was killin it.   G710 irons still hanging in there.

I want to buy something new but nothing needs replacement, a feeling I’m unfamiliar with 😱

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

Kind of a sloppy 41😱

weather gorgeous 65 @ 8:00 Tee Time.  TSi2 driver wasn’t cooperating so switched to G410+ and was killin it.   G710 irons still hanging in there.

I want to buy something new but nothing needs replacement, a feeling I’m unfamiliar with 😱

There's a support group here somewhere to help you overcome that affliction....

@dlow206 or @Golfspy_CG2 can probably give you the secret handshake info to get into the meeting!!!  😆

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

7 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

There's a support group here somewhere to help you overcome that affliction....

@dlow206 or @Golfspy_CG2 can probably give you the secret handshake info to get into the meeting!!!  😆

Definitely both would be a HUGE help😱

Rick

Left Hand, 

4 hours ago, rbsiedsc said:

Wow. Tales of this will be told around campfires and beer carts for generations. 

... There is a pretty big distinction between playing social golf and playing serious golf. Most of the time I am happy to have fun interacting with my partners, enjoy the wildlife, appreciate the walking and play some pretty good golf. Yesterday was not fun, just a non stop grind the last 18 holes. I very rarely have a tournament focus when playing casually because it takes sooooooo much effort mentally. Kinda like what the Pros go through playing a Major, just a 100% focus and they all talk about how exhausting it is playing 4 days in a major and I really respect that kind of dedication and focus. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour