TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

2 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

I started hitting straighter when I stopped trying to put balls into orbit.  And it sounds like we would have a well matched round of golf if we ever get the opportunity!  Next round this afternoon at my regular course.

So true.  I think I got my AoA into the + zone by kinda focusing more behind the ball, and the easy swing means hitting the sweet spot.  Had a couple over 250yds and I'm usually in the 210-230 range.  🙂 

:cobra-small:   RADspeed 10.5, :projectx: Evenflow Riptide CB 6.0s

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, :projectx: PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg :projectx: PXV R. 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), :projectx: LZ 5.5 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

Finally got back out there again after a little over a month of not being able to tee it up.  Shot my best round of the year (85), with 30 putts (1-3putt).  Pervious best for 2021 was an 89.  Also got to hit my new stick for the first time, well the 7-PW anyway...no shots called for the 6-iron and I'm still waiting for the 4-5-irons to show up.  Definitely left some shots out there as I only hit 6 fairways and 4 GIRs.  Can't wait for the rest of the sticks to arrive. 

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

3 hours ago, gavinski91 said:

Saturday was one of those days where things progressively started to click. Started the round off with a triple bogey on the first hole, then went 10-over the rest of the way. My driver was going dead straight all day and I was comfortable with my irons. Struggled a bit with putting as the greens were very slow, making it difficult to get an accurate read on some of the breaks.

1985055062_ScreenShot2021-05-03at11_08_11AM.png.01c232d59ff87d46f08ed3ba21e7487d.png

Shot of the day for me was on hole 6. It's a short, tight par 5 that's designed to force an iron off the tee, but I went driver and cut the corner on the dog-leg as close as I could and ended up in a fairway bunker. I've always struggled with fairway bunkers, but in this case I went with my 7-iron from 150yds out and stuck it to 20 feet. Just missed my eagle putt, and rolled in a 2-footer for an easy birdie.

If I can bring this level of play to a full-length course I feel like I can definitely break 90.

That looks like a fun short course.  Keep up the good work, you got this!

• :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

12 minutes ago, MrBandit said:

This weekend was a good solid tournament week. Driving, Iron, chipping and putting were working .
Even with the slow shaggy greens, I was able to overcome for the most part. What I like about my game lately is that it has been consistent. 2 parts of my game have been steady Chipping and Putting, and now my driver and irons are starting to fall in line. Am starting to see what everyone here is talking about their game.. maybe just maybe I can join that club.. 🤣😜

image.png.f571ffe888bdbba954e2a1e46acbf445.png

I'd say that's pretty good...and at least you know where your miss is.  Nice round!

On 5/3/2021 at 7:19 AM, ejgaudette said:

Got out yesterday at my local course. Had some flooding on the back nine, not unusual this time of year as it's in a flood plane, so I played the front twice. It was not great. Was working on some things so no real official score for the round, with a number of extra shots to work some things out. Iron play came around after a bit but managed to find a number of green side bunkers. Driving is back to a tough place I can get to where I can't get around on one and just hit wipey fades. Gotta get to the range and get that figured out.

On the plus side the Shot Scope from @fozcycleworked great and didn't miss a shot all round. Not that I really wanted to see the numbers on that one.

Great to hear the SS V2 worked.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

On 5/2/2021 at 1:28 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I don’t always tell others to follow my habits.  But in this case, I think you should ‘ 

Heck, you have me thinking I need to buy new ones.  Mine are two years old!! 

I’m even searching wedges on internet now😱

Hi Toe👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Played 9 this morning 41, 5 over and felt it was better than that.

weather was warm with light breeze, greens were nice but a little slow.

no birds, no doubles & no lost balls 👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

3 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Played 9 this morning 41, 5 over and felt it was better than that.

weather was warm with light breeze, greens were nice but a little slow.

no birds, no doubles & no lost balls 👍

Sounds like a pretty good round and a great day to be out! 

19 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Sounds like a pretty good round and a great day to be out! 

Yup, really was.  All 4 of us played well which is a rarity.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

On 5/1/2021 at 6:05 PM, seeking70's said:

I shot an 83 (+13) today with 4 doubles on the card... on a course I had never played before today.  This just 2 weeks after I shot an 83 (+13) with 3 doubles and a triple on the card.  Somewhere in between those, I shot a 39 (+3) on a much longer course than either of these with a bogey and a double.

Something has gotta give.  Wish I could find some consistency.

Same score different day, but things seem to be moving in the right direction.  I shot another 83 (+13) on yet another course.  This time, I had 1 double and 1 quad (after hitting my 3rd OB on a par 5).  Greens were still recovering from aeration so the 30 putts I had today was nothing short of spectacular.  I even had two 3 putts (both from long range) which means I had eight 1 putts.  None of those were really long which tells me that my short game was on today.  If I can keep my short game in gear, get the greens to grow in, and eliminate a couple of wayward shots, I can sense the 70's coming soon.

WITB:

Taylormade SIM2 Max 9° w/ UST ProForce V2 5F3 @ 45"

Callaway Epic Speed 4wd w/ AccuFLEX Evolution Reg

Dynacraft Genesis 3 hybrid w/ Steelfiber i95r

Srixon ZX5 4-6 and ZX7 7-GW w/ UST Recoil 95 F4 soft stepped once

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54/10 w/ Recoil 95 F4 shaft

Cleveland RTX-4 58/03 w/ Recoil 95 F4 9i shaft

Odyssey SL EXO Marxman

Pondering:

Nothing at the moment

In the locker:

Too much to list

took a day off yesterday to play after a Dentist appointment.  I left 6 putts short of at most 2 inches.   It was maddening.  1 of my few birdie attempts that I did have i left that short by about 3 feet. I made that putt for par, but yesterday there were just so many little things that kept messing up for me.  I had a nightmare hole, 4 balls lost. I was even given a mulligan (on the technicality that i hit out of turn) I thought i had honors.  I hit so many good shots and for the score to come out like that was enough to make a grown man cry! 

I can't wait for sunday, my wife gave me permission to golf on Mothers Day.  (feels like a trap) but oh well!  I still love this game.  Just wanted to vent 

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

Not a good day today.  Didn't play for a week while in-laws in town, but got out there today.  The greens were punched and sanded 2 weeks ago, but still not fully healed.  They were much slower than I'm used to at our club and the grain was more pronounced than usual, but because of the way the greens are healing, it was very difficult to determine which way the grain was running.  Typically, grain isn't much of a factor at our club, but the greens were in need of cut/rolling.  Anyway, I had a terrible time on the greens today, with multiple 3 putts and far too many burning edges or just short.  I should have known I was in for a bad day when I birdied #1 -- the kiss of death.  Shot a 44/42 from our Blue/Gold combo tees (mix of regular and senior tees).  Just one of those days that I couldn't get the ball in the hole and wasn't striking it quite as crisp as I have been lately.  Oh well!  At least I was out on the course!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

1 hour ago, Sluggo42 said:

Shot an 81 today at a stag day event. Except for two doubles and a triple, I short pretty well... I know... yes,... a triple

I feel your pain.  I took a quad today.

WITB:

Odyssey SL EXO Marxman

Pondering:

Nothing at the moment

In the locker:

Too much to list

40 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

86 yesterday from the Green tees in my Members league should have been a lot better.

I was in perfect position for my 3rd shot into a par 5, 65 yards away. I skulled my 58*, which took off like a rocket ending up in the tall grass 30 yards behind the green.  From there I continued to screw up with the same club and walked off with a snowman. 6 shots to get down from 65 yards... priceless. 🙄

Then just to prove that wasn’t a fluke, I had a similar breakdown on a par 4 a few holes later, taking 6 shots to get in from 90 yards.
Those two triple bogeys left me one shot out of the money. My short game has become a disaster again, and my iron play isn’t much better.

My handicap is skyrocketing, and I’m at a loss right now as to how to fix it. I’m heading up to Long Island tomorrow for my daughter’s wedding next week and won’t be back down to SC for weeks. That means I won’t be able to see my instructor, and need to fix things on my own. 
I’ve been reluctant to take a lesson or put in range time the last couple of weeks because I was worried about my back flaring up before the wedding, so once that’s done, I really need to get to work. Hopefully some drills and practice will turn things around.

It’s so frustrating to hit driver well, make putts, and still not score. When you feel more confident hitting a green with a 4 hybrid than an 8 iron, you’re game is on another level of messed up. I don’t see a lot of other players having this issue, so I guess I’m just special... lucky me! LOL

We’ve all been there!  It’ll get better.

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

Take a break, enjoy the wedding.  Golf will be there when you get back. I am in the Same position as you.  Game just falls apart during the round.    got a lesson scheduled with my instructor for Saturday.  Hoping to find out why I keep hitting it in the toe.  I am Probably just over swinging and it will be a 5 minute adjustment.  Hopefully you issue will be an easy fix.   

Thanks.

I’m doing the same exact thing. Everything with my irons is out on the toe. 
I mentioned it after my previous round... I thought I wasn’t rotating enough to get the toe square or slightly closed at impact, which I think will cause impact out on the toe(?)

I know I’m leading with my hands the way I should, but I just can’t center the ball on the face right now. I need to see someone also, to find out if I’m leading too much with the heel in order to “feel” like I’m coming from the inside, it’s my rotation, or just swinging too hard.

Hopefully you’re right, and it’s an easy fix for both of us... do me a favor, let me know how the lesson goes on Saturday? I’m curious to hear what the tell you.

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

Shot a 43 (+8) today on a short, but tight 9 hole course.  I did it with 4 double bogies and 5 pars.  It was proverbial feast or famine.  Three of the doubles were the result of a ball in the water.  Not too upset with it.  I know before starting there that the course is a bit difficult.

Links.PNG

Edited by seeking70's
add pic

WITB:

Odyssey SL EXO Marxman

Pondering: