TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

10 minutes ago, chisag said:

... If you really want a challenge, you do play 2 shots from every lie so in essence you are playing 2 balls. Hit 2 off the tee and play the worst one, then hit 2 balls from there and play the worst one, then 2 chips or 2 putts always playing the worst one or once you get on the green just one ball putting. Obviously there are many ways to play two balls and just playing out both balls is good too, as is playing the same as worst ball above but instead always using the better of the two shots. 

Ooooo I like this 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

16 minutes ago, chisag said:

... If you really want a challenge, you do play 2 shots from every lie so in essence you are playing 2 balls. Hit 2 off the tee and play the worst one, then hit 2 balls from there and play the worst one, then 2 chips or 2 putts always playing the worst one or once you get on the green just one ball putting. Obviously there are many ways to play two balls and just playing out both balls is good too, as is playing the same as worst ball above but instead always using the better of the two shots. 

Yes, that’s another great variation in the Lonesome 2 ball.

I did it often years ago in evening after work if other guys weren’t around.  It was nice, helped me a lot with ball striking and unwinding after a miserable day of work.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... Haha your BIL from Phoenix must have needed a down coat, mittens and a warm hat with 55* temps and 10-15 mph winds. Been hovering around 100 here in Phoenix for awhile now so 55* must have seemed like winter to him! 😱

He's the one wearing shorts.  He said he hasn't worn long pants in over 2 years.  Didn't bring any with him either.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Next round coming up next week at Cherokee Run in Conyers GA (72.8/139) Business round we have 3 foursomes. There is an office bet going. The bet is if my best round of the year beats my coworker’s worst round of the year. Straight up head to head score. Rounds only count when we play together. First round was at Cherokee Valley SC (70.1/131) in March. I posted a 94 and he set the bar with an 89 which was a bad round for him (we were actually tied on the front before I blew up on the back). I don’t know exactly what the pot is but there is some good action going in the office. My coworker said if I can beat him, he’d sell me his bag for $10. Too bad he’s a lefty lol.

If I can just get out of the tee box and keep it in play I have a shot.

Bag: Sub 70 Cart Series bag

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9 deg (set to 7.5 deg/"big minus") Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 55g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

3W: Ping G410 14.5 deg (Set to 13.5 deg) Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 65g Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Hybrid: 19 deg (Set to 18) deg Ping G410 hybrid Mitsubishi C6 Black Stiff 80g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

Irons: 5-GW Irons Cobra Forged Tec X KBS Tour Lite Regular -0.25" Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Wedges: 50-07 S-grind, 54-08 D-grind and 58-12 deg D-grind Mizuno T22 Denim Copper Grip Golf Pride Z-Grip

Putter:  Cobra King 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter 41"

Game Ball: Maxfli TourX CG 

So Friday I played fairly well then a buddy calls me on Saturday and says I got a 1:30 tee time, wanna play....hell yeah!

I should have mowed the yard instead 😳

i displayed about every swing flaw I could imagine, it was ridiculous! I hit snap hooks, chunks, sky balls off the tee, got stuck and hit weak shots that leaked right, bladed chips over the green  and into the water, about the only thing I didn’t do was slice the ball....it was ugly

I’m sure the 20-25 mph winds didn’t help either ( how is EVERY hole seemingly into the wind?)

53+53 = 106...at least that was consistent 🤪

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Played Friday, it was rather interesting, but not in a scoring sort of way....

Had decided to experiment, dragged along my set of Ram TG-898 with Super Peening Blue shafts.  I was treated it as something of a last hurrah with them, as I procrastinate on my iron set reshaft projects.

Who would have thought having double digit sets of irons would make it difficult to select two for use with the graphite shafts lying in wait?  

Got to the course a little too early, decided to hit the range.  Hit the ball fairly well on range.  Out on the course, I'm still hitting the ball fairly well, but not playing the wind well, tee game is spotty, and my wedges are junky compared to what's normal for me.  Made a birdie on the #3 par 3, promptly hit OB on par 5 4th.  I was not en fuego.

As I played the front nine, the mild dull ache in my left wrist was gradually becoming more noticeable.  It wasn't getting to a debilitating level, but I admit I wondered how bad it might be by the end of the round.  After a somewhat painful shot on #9, I decided to swap out my irons at the turn, as I happened to have my graphite shafted Rams in the car.

Wedges still not good, but I actually hit the irons great on the back.  And somewhat amusingly, my wrist actually stopped aching entirely as I stood on the 14th tee. 

A sign!   It's a sign from the golf gods!   LOL

Finished my round with another OB, on a hybrid tee shot, no less, and my wrist feeling pretty good.  A somewhat ugly 85.  And a more than vague feeling I need to get moving on my iron reshafts.

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

Just call Mr. (IN)Consistent. (See screenshots)

Up and down day yesterday. 79 score on a great MacAllister design that has lost multiple steps. Inconsistent course maintenance and inconsistent play from me. Pins hadn’t been changed in at least 3 weeks. 

I threw away 6 shots easily with just poor swings or choices. I also missed birdie putts of 20, 5, 15, 16, 12 feet on the front (shot 39 - par 34) and 14, 20, 12, 8, 3 feet on the back (also shot 39 - par 36). 

If I can just get 1/3 of any of those 16 shots to be “better”, then I go from 78 to 73. I’ll keep working it!! 

BUT, my 10 year old boy came and rode along with me and those 4-5 hours together are priceless. I would shoot 120 and not really care if he was with me. 

34E80886-79EF-4A9D-A2C1-0ADD2AD1802F.png

CF06AB15-2DEB-4267-A371-3213EC212E1D.png

:titleist-small: TS3 9° Driver with HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5

:titelist-small: TSi3 15° Fairway with HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5

:srixon-small: ZX 2 iron

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54°, 60° Full Face

:taylormade-small: Spider SR Single Bend

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:ping-small: Hoofer

:918457628_PrecisionPro:R1 Rangefinder

Played my second round with my new irons yesterday and I am starting to get use to the new distances versus my old ones. Still overshot a couple greens but they were recoverable and the dispersion is a lot better than it use to be. More confidence hitting the new 4 and 5 irons as well which has really helped with my course management. 

I’ve also been working on my form and direction control with my wedges all week and it paid off with a nice chip in from about 35’ to save par after overshooting the green on the par 5 2nd at my home course. Driver is still my nemesis of course but we are trying to work things out. Had a couple of nice 270+ yard drives into the fairway but also still had a couple that decided to visit the trees on the right plus a couple that only made it around 200 yards. Nothing that was unplayable though so we are working through it.

Putting was not as good as it should have been either. 20 putts on the front even with a chip in 😬 but a decent recovery with only 16 putts on the back. May just need to warm up the putter a bit before I get going next time out. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° SW & 58° LW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

4 hours ago, NRJyzr said:

Had decided to experiment, dragged along my set of Ram TG-898 with Super Peening Blue shafts.  I was treated it as something of a last hurrah with them, as I procrastinate on my iron set reshaft projects.

Who would have thought having double digit sets of irons would make it difficult to select two for use with the graphite shafts lying in wait?  

Finished my round with another OB, on a hybrid tee shot, no less, and my wrist feeling pretty good.  A somewhat ugly 85.  And a more than vague feeling I need to get moving on my iron reshafts.

... I feel your pain. I'm in an apartment while my new home is being built so I have no table or work bench to mount my vice and LL machine. I am constantly torn between my King Tour irons and my T100S. Not apples to apples because I have Steelfiber 95's in the Titleist and Nippon 950gh in my Cobra's. I also have a set of Srixon Z Forged I would like to reshaft from the Modus 120 stiff shafts that are in them. I have a set of Recoil 95 Prototypes I would like to install in the T100S and put the Steelfiber 95's in the King Tours and then put the 950gh in the Z forged and finally install the modus 120's into a set of P760's I need to sell. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

2 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I feel your pain. I in an apartment whole my new home is being built so I have no table or work bench to mount my vice and LL machine. I feel constantly torn between my King Tour irons and my T100S. Not apples to apples because I have Steelfiber 95's in the Titleist and Nippon 950gh in my Cobra's. I also have a set of Srixon Z Forged I would like to resift from the Modus 120 stiff shafts that are in them. I have a set of Recoil 95 Prototypes I would like to install in the T100S and put the Steelfiber 95's in the King Tours and then put the 950gh in the Z forged and finally install the modus 120's into a set of P760's I need to sell. 

That’s a lot going on there Pardner👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

20 hours ago, chisag said:

I’ll do that a lot when playing by myself, (most of the time) and the first ball is always the “scoring ball”. I don’t keep track of the second ball scores, but I could not say with certainty that the second ball scores any better, or worse. One would assume the second ball would score better, but I would bet it doesn’t, overall. What it does show tho, is that quite often your scrambling skills are better than you would think.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

22 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Fishing is an excellent sister hobby to golf... of course I'm a little biased in this thinking.  If I had to give up fly fishing to shave 5 strokes off my handicap, I wouldn't do it. So, more details about the fishing por favor.

Just a local circuit bass clown. Could buy ten sets of new clubs to equal the money I have in electronics on the old tugboat. I manage to stay about even financially, and am always one decent fish away from a win. Same old story I suppose...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

4 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

Just a local circuit bass clown. Could buy ten sets of new clubs to equal the money I have in electronics on the old tugboat. I manage to stay about even financially, and am always one decent fish away from a win. Same old story I suppose...

You competition bass guys are WAY too serious for me.  If you're staying financially even, you're doing good. My fishing is for complete and total relaxation.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Some good, some bad, learned some things today. Couldn't hit driver throughout the round until I put into play a more reliable setup routine. The setup routine involves lining up the clubface and body with narrow feet, take a small step with the left foot and bigger step with the right. Make sure the ball is positioned in the proper place, i am aligned square, the clubface is pointed in the right direction, etc. Without doing this, I'm not quite sure what I do, but its something not good.

After proper lining up, hit good drives the remainder of the day. I did accidentally hit a drive that went 2 feet off the ground but landed in the fairway and rolled forever. Thought it went only like 180, but i kept walking farther and farther towards the hole. That drive got out there about 250. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

1 hour ago, Sluggo42 said:

I’ll do that a lot when playing by myself, (most of the time) and the first ball is always the “scoring ball”. I don’t keep track of the second ball scores, but I could not say with certainty that the second ball scores any better, or worse. One would assume the second ball would score better, but I would bet it doesn’t, overall. What it does show tho, is that quite often your scrambling skills are better than you would think.

... I tried to tell members of a 9 hole Executive Course when I was with the IPGA that the reason the 2nd shot is almost always better is simply because it doesn't count. If you hit it poorly you doin't care because it doesn't effect your sc ore and that frees you up to take a freer swing.

... To prove my point I held a "2nd Chance" tournament and had 40 players sign up. Rules were simple: Play 9 holes and record your score. Then play the same 9 holes again and you could use a 2nd shot anywhere but on the green. To make the 2nd shot really count, if you hit a worse shot with the 2nd ball you had to add one stroke to your score. Adding a stroke made the 2nd shot even more stressful than the first shot and you had to play at least 1 second shot every hole. 

... Out of 40 golfers, 2 players had a better score on the 2nd 9, so 38 players scored worse having to hit a 2nd shot. Not a single golfer made it through 9 holes without adding strokes for a poor 2nd shot. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

My wife and I played with one of her brothers today; the other drove home to Seattle.  I had a much better front nine than yesterday with a 41 (+4) with one birdie and one double.  However, my back nine was 2 strokes worse than yesterday; 37 (+2) with one birdie and one double.  Overall... 78 today.  

Much better with the driver; my shoulder felt better, but still hurt a little when I lifted my arm over my head.  I had to retrain myself to pull clubs from my bag with my left hand.  😬  My short game wasn't as sharp and putting was just OK.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

Didn't expect a lot during todays round after taking a lesson yesterday. I went into the round with the intent of trying to execute the swing I was working on yesterday no matter the results. Overall I didn't really have bad swing results; everything went pretty straight.  A couple of bad swings off the tee but overall tee shots weren't that bad; misses were just off the fairway with no impact on approach to green. Iron shots were generally pretty good. A few off the toe, but nothing significantly left or right. The big cause of the bogeys and worse was my pitching game. Yesterday my instructor had me get closer to the ball on my iron shots so I did the same with the pitch shots; didn't work very well and hit a lot of them fat. Generally got enough of the ball to get it up to the green but needs some work.  

41/41:82.    6 Fairways,  7 GIR (3 nGir), 31 putts.  

Monte kept trying to get me to stand closer to the ball as well; bad results!!  I'm still working on it.  However, I have good results when I set up closer with wedges. That doesn't bother me.  Go figure.  

8 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Didn't expect a lot during todays round after taking a lesson yesterday. I went into the round with the intent of trying to execute the swing I was working on yesterday no matter the results. Overall I didn't really have bad swing results; everything went pretty straight.  A couple of bad swings off the tee but overall tee shots weren't that bad; misses were just off the fairway with no impact on approach to green. Iron shots were generally pretty good. A few off the toe, but nothing significantly left or right. The big cause of the bogeys and worse was my pitching game. Yesterday my instructor had me get closer to the ball on my iron shots so I did the same with the pitch shots; didn't work very well and hit a lot of them fat. Generally got enough of the ball to get it up to the green but needs some work.  

41/41:82.    6 Fairways,  7 GIR (3 nGir), 31 putts.  

Getting closer to the ball was one of the changes from my swing coach, as well.  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

11 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Monte kept trying to get me to stand closer to the ball as well; bad results!!  I'm still working on it.  However, I have good results when I set up closer with wedges. That doesn't bother me.  Go figure.  

4 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Getting closer to the ball was one of the changes from my swing coach, as well.  

Closer worked well for full swing and for chips.  I just need to get the pitches figured out when I am on the course.  It worked okay on the range 🤪

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

5 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Shot 43/43:86 with 2 Penalties and a Birdie on the final hole, Par 4 #18!

Only two holes left for the all Birdie Challenge this year!(#2 & #16).

Sweet!!!!! That’s awesome 

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

16 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Not to be Captain Obvious and again most on a golf forum are usually pretty knowledgeable about the basics but I hope you guys are choking down on your clubs when standing closer to the ball for chips and pitches. Not talking about full swings but the amount of people I see that do not choke up for chips/pitches is just mind boggling. 

I do for chips,  but when I get out to 20y plus I don't. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

25 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Not to be Captain Obvious and again most on a golf forum are usually pretty knowledgeable about the basics but I hope you guys are choking down on your clubs when standing closer to the ball for chips and pitches. Not talking about full swings but the amount of people I see that do not choke up for chips/pitches is just mind boggling. 

I do for all shots with my 54 and 60; I never take full swings with those clubs.