TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

4 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

My last few rounds have been kinda, ummm, interesting... It's been Hero vs Zero, Stud vs Dud, Hot vs Not, On vs Off, ..., well .. you get the idea... Very little in-between! Even my wife - who usually thinks almost any of my golf shots look "good" to her - remarked she hasn't been seeing many middle-of-the-road / mediocre shots. This is not round to round -- this is hole to hole.

And this applies to every club in the bag ... only the putter has been somewhat steady through a round, although there have been too many 3-putts (rarely a major error; typically a slight mis-read or a slight mis-stroke).

Playing from the forward/Senior tees (67.8/130, 5730 yds) I can make a Par or I can make a Double or Triple (or some sort of "Other"!)...

Anyway, on the bright side here's a "there's a first time for everything" highlight ...
ck_eagle_putt_20210513.jpg.29267f55e21697111f41521e62f054eb.jpg

This a (-potential-) Eagle Putt (!!!) on a short Par 5 (or a really long, for me, Par 4) at about 432 yds from those Green tees (the course has other Par 5s over 500 yds). Nailed the tee shot, got some rollout and caught a bit of a downslope, too; then nailed the second shot (5 hybrid) to the front left of the green and the ball rolled up a little further.

And, yep... juuust missed the approx 15ish foot slightly uphill then slightly downhill and strongly left-to-right breaker, but had an easy birdie (or par). Def not disappointed with it, tho, as I'm pretty happy with having pulled off those two nice shots in a row - especially the approach shot! You can see a bit of bunker on the left, and behind it cutoff in the pic is a higher fescue covered mound; you can see the green is longer than wider, and everything slopes to the right towards the water.

Another positive (to offset the grouchiness at the start 😉) is I'm starting to hit .. occasionally .. my 7i nicely; used it on two approaches in my last round and hit the green both times (whoo-hoo!).

Great hole and some nice shots. Keep up that work. We all have those days where it feels like we can't hit the ball at all. The course there looks like it wouldn't help with all that water. Playing in a large field where its hard to lose a ball I find helps my scores.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

22 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

So let me tell you a story. I invited 2 of my buddies out to my club to tee it up and have a good time, it delved in to a nerve racking, stress test of my mental fortitude. The gentlemen are great guys but just casual golfers, when they are playing regularly they can get it a round fine, however they play once every six months. 1 guy on the first tee topped his first two shots (total combined 3 yards) tees another one up, tops it again so bad the ball goes 5 yards backwards, yes behind him. At this point I can barely stand I am laughing so hard. So as you can imagine my expectations were low, just a nice round in good weather with good friends. Fortunately that changed as the round progressed. I made birdie on #1, I eagled #3 something I do once in a blue moon. Made 2 great pars on 7 & 9 with a birdie on #8. Make the turn in 32, my lowest on the front nine ever! I make about a 12 footer on #10 for another bird, so at this point I am -5. We get to the 11 tee and I know what is about to happen. I am going to make huge mistakes in the next 5 holes and be even par. So rather than just hold that in a let it happen I told both of them, "guys I am outta my comfort zone here, going to double 3 of the next 4." I even went a step further and text @PMookie the same thing. -5 pushing the boundaries of where my game is or probably ever will be, so holding on for 8 holes was going to be a chore. #11 is a tough driving hole for me, easy hole but I struggle with starting spot, there is OB right and I hit it about 40 yards left of the fairway in the junk, no biggie, been there many times. Try to punch out it hits a tree, so at this point my prediction is coming true. Chunk one from 50 yards, I am Nostradamus! Bounce blade the next one to 15 feet. And drain it! Bogey, ok that's a win. Next hole is short par 4, drive right down the middle to 38 yards. BLADE it over the green (hard to hit touch shots when your hands are shaking 🤣). Bail myself out again by chipping in, back to -5. Hit good drive and good second to 3 feet on next hole and now I am -6. #14 is a 221 par 3, tough hole bogey is acceptable. Hit it in greenside bunker and missed 8 footer for par, back to -5. Make bogey on 15 from 78 yards, yeah that whole hand shaking thing, controllable on full swings, not so much on short ones. 🤣 Chunk blade 2 putt. 3 holes left and -4 with -5 being my PR on the course. I know the last three holes there is only going to be one more touch shot, so we can navigate this. Easy par on 16, missed 7 footer for birdie on 17 and now I am over the one touch shot on 18 that I knew would be there. And it was short sided over a bunker. Only thing I could do at this point was make sure it got on the green. It did, but barely, hits backside of bunker and rolls down to 15 feet. 15 feet to tie my personal best and shoot 35 on back nine while walking around with my head somewhere detached from my body. The putt never left the center of the hole, it was pretty sweet. A little fist pump and high fives from the guys and I had my 67. 

Shout out to Paul for encouraging me during entire back 9.

Accepting and knowing what the outcome can be and attacking that head on gave me a nice vote of confidence in myself and my game. 

Aren’t “mental coaches” paid for their contributions???

Great round!!!! I’ve shot 67 EVERY round I’ve EVER played!!!!!!! You a plus handicap now????

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

2 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Aren’t “mental coaches” paid for their contributions???

Great round!!!! I’ve shot 67 EVERY round I’ve EVER played!!!!!!! You a plus handicap now????

Pretty sure they are paid a percentage of the winnings. Sorry I already ate and drank them!

Not quite a plus but it is getting better...

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

6 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Pretty sure they are paid a percentage of the winnings. Sorry I already ate and drank them!

Not quite a plus but it is getting better...

I’m just glad those ladies we played with could continue to be a mental source of inspiration, focus, and calm for you to this day!!!!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

60* & 7:00am Tee Time, nice morning. Shot +6 for the 9, Driver was not great, 2 bad iron shots but chipping & putting were really good.  Another day no lost balls, getting boring.  Not really.

Felt good to have short game coming around again.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, THEZIPR23 said:

So let me tell you a story. I invited 2 of my buddies out to my club to tee it up and have a good time, it delved in to a nerve racking, stress test of my mental fortitude. The gentlemen are great guys but just casual golfers, when they are playing regularly they can get it a round fine, however they play once every six months. 1 guy on the first tee topped his first two shots (total combined 3 yards) tees another one up, tops it again so bad the ball goes 5 yards backwards, yes behind him. At this point I can barely stand I am laughing so hard. So as you can imagine my expectations were low, just a nice round in good weather with good friends. Fortunately that changed as the round progressed. I made birdie on #1, I eagled #3 something I do once in a blue moon. Made 2 great pars on 7 & 9 with a birdie on #8. Make the turn in 32, my lowest on the front nine ever! I make about a 12 footer on #10 for another bird, so at this point I am -5. We get to the 11 tee and I know what is about to happen. I am going to make huge mistakes in the next 5 holes and be even par. So rather than just hold that in a let it happen I told both of them, "guys I am outta my comfort zone here, going to double 3 of the next 4." I even went a step further and text @PMookie the same thing. -5 pushing the boundaries of where my game is or probably ever will be, so holding on for 8 holes was going to be a chore. #11 is a tough driving hole for me, easy hole but I struggle with starting spot, there is OB right and I hit it about 40 yards left of the fairway in the junk, no biggie, been there many times. Try to punch out it hits a tree, so at this point my prediction is coming true. Chunk one from 50 yards, I am Nostradamus! Bounce blade the next one to 15 feet. And drain it! Bogey, ok that's a win. Next hole is short par 4, drive right down the middle to 38 yards. BLADE it over the green (hard to hit touch shots when your hands are shaking 🤣). Bail myself out again by chipping in, back to -5. Hit good drive and good second to 3 feet on next hole and now I am -6. #14 is a 221 par 3, tough hole bogey is acceptable. Hit it in greenside bunker and missed 8 footer for par, back to -5. Make bogey on 15 from 78 yards, yeah that whole hand shaking thing, controllable on full swings, not so much on short ones. 🤣 Chunk blade 2 putt. 3 holes left and -4 with -5 being my PR on the course. I know the last three holes there is only going to be one more touch shot, so we can navigate this. Easy par on 16, missed 7 footer for birdie on 17 and now I am over the one touch shot on 18 that I knew would be there. And it was short sided over a bunker. Only thing I could do at this point was make sure it got on the green. It did, but barely, hits backside of bunker and rolls down to 15 feet. 15 feet to tie my personal best and shoot 35 on back nine while walking around with my head somewhere detached from my body. The putt never left the center of the hole, it was pretty sweet. A little fist pump and high fives from the guys and I had my 67. 

Accepting and knowing what the outcome can be and attacking that head on gave me a nice vote of confidence in myself and my game. 

Great round and sorry. We have all been there playing over our heads a bit. Way to go holding it to together, even with a bit of luck. Still a level of gold I can't imagine.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

3 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Great round and sorry. We have all been there playing over our heads a bit. Way to go holding it to together, even with a bit of luck. Still a level of gold I can't imagine.

Thanks!

I have collapsed more than once, so I thought I would try a different tactic and talk about it while it was happening. It was very interesting to try to understand how the mental plays with the physical. And it was way better this way than grinding over everything and in the end it not being fun. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

3 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Thanks!

I have collapsed more than once, so I thought I would try a different tactic and talk about it while it was happening. It was very interesting to try to understand how the mental plays with the physical. And it was way better this way than grinding over everything and in the end it not being fun. 

Totally get that and will have to try that next time though I normally play by myself so I'll just mutter it to myself and hope no one thinks I am crazy.😁

1 hour ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Awesome, awesome round @THEZIPR23! Congratulations on holding it together and tying your personal best. I would've been shaking out of my shoes over that last putt. 

Today - 13 over thru #10, 1 over #11 thru #18. Stupid game… 

Another guy in our group 33 front (best 9 I’ve ever seen in person), 46 back. 

Same time tomorrow! 🙃

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

Well I played yesterday in what could have been called Why NOAH build the Ark.

It all started ok, cloudy with some normal breeze, Get to the 9 green steady drizzle .. no biggie.. 
(MISTAKE) We look at the radar and decided that we should wait until this one cell passes and we should be ok.
WELL, this turn into a torrential down pour that at times we had to stop and hide by the trees to allow the heavy rain to turn into a steady rain and the rivers on the fairways to become streams.

I don't recall ever playing in a down pour like this before felt like I was 10-12 years old playing in the rain. (normally I would have walked off this course) but we were committed, not sure why.

At the end shot a decent round considering the weather. 

My whole bag is in the back yard trying to get some sun and dry out.. even the tee where wet that were in the bottom of the bag.  I say it again, there is no reason to play in the rain, NONE!

image.png.5d3300e45ac7a406dbd12c8ac2081cb6.pngimage.png.d72da2ae77b91dda5eefd69e7ed1355c.png

image.png.b65c15a161950b0cabfa7436ccd5e1aa.png

Edited by MrBandit

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50  (secondary shaft HRDZ Black 6.0 Stiff)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

2 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

congrats on the great round;  enjoyed reading the description of your round.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Thanks!

Awesome round!

I love the comment regarding collapsing. I had a similar experience to yours Sunday on the back when I was -2 on the nine with three to go. Normally I'd try to not think about the score too much, but I just told myself, "to hell with it, let's go for it" and was two lipouts on 16 and 17 away from playing the back in 34.

Good to see you back out on the course. Bet it was awesome to do it with your buddies as well.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Thanks!

I understand this completely!  I can't play 18 without at least one double.  Came close the other day....all I had to do was par 18 for a 78 ... nope ... doubled the final hole .... sheesh!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

35 minutes ago, chisag said:

... A Bad day turned into a Good day. I had a 12noon tee time at Camelback Padre normally $95 off peak season rates but had a $45 Golfnow time. I like to get to the course at least 1/2 before my tee time to do some back stretching for 15 minutes and maybe hit a few balls and putt some. Open my apartment garage door and I'm blocked by a moving truck!?!? It took 25 minutes to find out who it was and have them move it so I could leave. Raced to the course and got there just in time to tee off. After driving 45 minutes my back was stiff and would not loosen up since I was riding in a cart, something I rarely do. 

... Started off with 8 straight bogies. Never came close to hitting a green and was thinking of leaving after 9. We hit a slow group on 9 so I got on the ground and did some stretching and may back loosened up enough to feel like I could take a real swing. Birdied 9, a par 5. Not as loose as I would like but better for the back 9. I was less than impressed with the course as it was just average in every way and it just felt like the end of a sh!tty day. But the woman I am playing with says "I know some of the guys in the clubhouse and arrange outing here so I am gonna ask if we can play the front 9 on Ambiente. If he says yes would you like to join us?" Ambiente is an awesome course and normally $125 ($225 in peak season) so I said "Thanks and I would love to".

... She took off and I used the time to do some more stretching and 10 minutes later she comes back and says "It's wide open and we can play 18"! Now I am feeling much better and getting to play a really nice course. I would add her friend was a caddie on the mini tours and an ex D1 player. He was playing the tips and shot an easy 66 on Ambiente. I played 1 tee in front of him and held my own shooting 1 over with 2 birds and 3 bogies. But it is always a treat to play with someone substantially better than you are. 35 yrs old, soooo long and straight off the tee, good iron play and a great green reader and putter. Highlight was a 250 yd par 3 where he hit a 3 iron 30 feet past the hole and I hit a 4 iron from 220 right beside his ball. I rolled in the putt and he rolled up to a tap in. "You Da Man" he says genuinely happy for my birdie and then "I can't believe you are 68yrs old. You have some serious game." Really nice of him when again, he was clearly a better player in every way. 

... Ya just never know when it comes to this game. What started out as one of the worst days this season, turned into one of the best! 

That’s a good day. 

I also have to mention that I love “easy 66…”

Hopefully you can get back out with them again soon! 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

10 minutes ago, bens197 said:

That’s a good day. 

I also have to mention that I love “easy 66…”

Hopefully you can get back out with them again soon! 

... He was only in 2 green side bunkers and hit both inside a foot. Just missed 2 eagle putts for tap in birdies. Hit just about every fairway 290-310ish. Btw he played a G400 and i210's. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

5 hours ago, chisag said:

... He was only in 2 green side bunkers and hit both inside a foot. Just missed 2 eagle putts for tap in birdies. Hit just about every fairway 290-310ish. Btw he played a G400 and i210's. 

You love to see it…

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

14 hours ago, Middler said:

Today - 13 over thru #10, 1 over #11 thru #18. Stupid game… 

Another guy in our group 33 front (best 9 I’ve ever seen in person), 46 back. 

Same time tomorrow! 🙃

Welcome to my world! 

Even thru 6, 7 over thru 9 and 4 over on the back for an 85.

I did play in 2:21 however.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

On 5/16/2021 at 11:20 PM, revkev said:

Oh my - Driver was great -

The LST or the SIM you were going to try ?

On the home front here, my hamstring is starting to 'heal'. Played 18 yesterday, front was a bit rough with a 46 and a bit of pain, the hamstring seemed to work out (no pun intended) on the back with a 42. Overall the 88 wasn't too bad. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

League was great last night - weather was perfect, course in great shape, and my opponent was one of my favorite to play with.

Started bogey, double. On the double, I pulled my 3W, but it is a safe place to bail. Had a shot. Arccos said 164 to middle - standard 7i is 167, pin in back. 7 is the obvious shot, right? I assume I caught a flier - it flew every bit of 180 into the woods behind the green. Oops. 2 more bogies, a birdie, and 4 pars for a 39 (net 32). It was also a tournament night and I won one of closest to pins and the long drive.

I've been on a decent streak the past few weeks - I hope it means I've learned something, but we all know the other shoe can and will drop eventually. Hopefully it doesn't happen this Sunday for the Spy outing in Columbus, but we shall see.

The only downside was I tweaked my right knee somehow. It felt tight on Saturday when I would squat to mark/replace my ball, but didn't think much of it. Last night, I felt pain after the first tee shot and was walking pretty gingerly all night, trying to lean on my push cart to take some weight off it. I have no idea what's wrong, but it is very tender right now. Fortunately it didn't seem to effect my swing much.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

7:52 Tee Time, 64* kinda humid and very windy.

Took out my XENON putter that I haven’t used in a long time and didn’t let me down.  Shot a 3 over 39 with 1 double and 1 bird.  Short game was a little off this morning and I’m blaming it on the wind, why not can’t be me😜

Off until Friday then it’s Bacon Boyz!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

19 minutes ago, TBS said:

83 - 44/39 - Oxmoor Valley Ridge Course (white tees-6150yds)

7 FIR, 9 GIR, 31 putts, 13 chips, 3 dumb penalties (either a tee shot through the fairway or half committed second shot OB).

I took someone out who does not get to play often as a thank you for working for me. I suggested we play up because he was kind of nervous playing the course. I took it as a good opportunity to practice hitting safer fairway finder shots. It was great practice and I came away with a lot of confidence. 

I only hit driver on 4 holes. Those were holes that fit my stock shot shape and were wide open. The other holes were either an iron or a hybrid. Overall, I suggest other MGS members move around to various tee boxes. It's a whole different course.

@TBS so what industry are you in and do you have any openings??? xP

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

15 minutes ago, golfish! said:

@TBS so what industry are you in and do you have any openings??? xP

Haha - well its not often I get to do it but he was also graduating from grad school so he deserved it. I work at a university in student housing so let's just say nothing surprises me anymore. If you can imagine an 18 year old doing it, I've probably seen it...

Still want to work with me??

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

11 minutes ago, TBS said:

Haha - well its not often I get to do it but he was also graduating from grad school so he deserved it. I work at a university in student housing so let's just say nothing surprises me anymore. If you can imagine an 18 year old doing it, I've probably seen it...

Still want to work with me??

Maybe after I retire from my engineering career? haha yeah I have my hands full with my 2 children at home...and I have been 18 living in university housing and don't need to deal with them too xP

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4