TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

42/42 on a long tough course with some strong winds on the back 9. Missed some chances at par but without having really touching a club in a couple weeks other than a range session Tuesday the swing was pretty consistent with irons. A few blocks with driver.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Wheels fell off on the back yesterday but still posted a decent number. Mental game was all out of whack.

Had a couple ******** guys jump in front of us at #12 and they were not good. So they held us up some as well.

But the crux of my problem was poor ball striking (not outside factors). Made up for it with a few nice putt saves. 

Regardless I was out playing golf and not working!! 

image.jpeg.d2a0aa5be1a0b994c733b8e985314789.jpeg

:titleist-small: TS3 9° Driver with HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5

:titelist-small: TSi3 15° Fairway with HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5

:srixon-small: ZX 2 iron

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54°, 60° Full Face

:taylormade-small: Spider SR Single Bend

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:ping-small: Hoofer

:918457628_PrecisionPro:R1 Rangefinder

Got out for an evening round with my brother after work yesterday - we rolled our putts in on 18 just after sunset. 
A82CA6EF-A2F0-4849-9274-738855D267EF.jpeg.6dbc8c3b9a5346ea4ff0455ead357037.jpeg

My driver was slicing terribly, and as a result I got too much inside my own head trying to compensate and was hitting my irons all over the place. Slices, hosel rockets, toe-down chunks, even a topped pitching wedge off a tee on a short par 3! I think I hit every imaginable poor iron shot early, culminating in a triple-bogey on 7. 

Somehow I managed to hit the middle of the fairway with my 3W off the tee on the 8th hole and was looking at 145 yards in to a green with lots of bailout room on the right. I was frustrated and worried standing over the ball so I stepped away and told myself to focus on the absolute basics: takeaway a few degrees outside, and then just think about getting my hips around and ignore my arms and hands. It worked! Suddenly I had my confidence back and was thankful that I had managed to grind out some pars and bogeys up to that point. 

My driver continued to slice the rest of the day, but my irons were feeling excellent and I started stringing a bunch of good holes together. My chipping and wedges especially were excellent, giving me lots of good looks at par (and the occasional bogey save) and first round out with the new putter I had 30 putts. 

All that to say that when I rolled in my last putt and checked my score, I shot an 88! First time breaking 90 - heading into the Cobra Connect Challenge I’m playing the best golf of my life!

A0CBAE1F-C04A-49E3-A2B2-54AE13B220A1.jpeg.361a9ac2b29d9d162c8ac53df11496f7.jpeg

I almost felt bad for my brother - we had a steak dinner bet on who would be the first to break 90, and all he needed was one par on the back nine to do it as well. Still a career-best for him by 3 strokes though! I’m super excited now to see how low I can go with the Cobra clubs - 80 doesn’t seem out of reach!

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

4 hours ago, Rickp said:

I’ve heard that B4.

The handicap was when I was playing back Tees and the last year have moved to Senior Tees.  There’s a big difference from 6,300 yards to 5,500/5,600 yards.

Yep, a lot easier with a 7 iron approach shot than a 4 hybrid!  Still gotta get it in the hole, though 😄 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

1 hour ago, analyticandrew said:

Wheels fell off on the back yesterday but still posted a decent number. Mental game was all out of whack.

Had a couple ******** guys jump in front of us at #12 and they were not good. So they held us up some as well.

But the crux of my problem was poor ball striking (not outside factors). Made up for it with a few nice putt saves. 

Regardless I was out playing golf and not working!! 

image.jpeg.d2a0aa5be1a0b994c733b8e985314789.jpeg

What generates your round report?

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... Please send that rain down here to Phoenix. No rain since December. DECEMBER!!!

Drought in Southern Oregon, as well.  We didn't see much rain during our rainy season.  Gonna be a tough fire season and water shortage this year, here.  I'm not familiar with Phoenix' weather pattern --- just know that it's hot in the summer months 🙂

3 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Drought in Southern Oregon, as well.  We didn't see much rain during our rainy season.  Gonna be a tough fire season and water shortage this year, here.  I'm not familiar with Phoenix' weather pattern --- just know that it's hot in the summer months 🙂

... Locals tell me it usually rains 3-5 times every winter. This year zero rain. We did have 2 days where rain was predicted and it had a light mist for about an hour but not even enough to cover the ground. Already wildfires out in the wilderness. After suffering through 2019/2020 May's in Chicago where they set record rainfall totals, this is the exact opposite. Every time I play my cart/shoes are covered in dust like a spaghetti western. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Got out and had a pretty good round. Even par on the front 9 with birdies on both par 5s. Back 9 always plays tougher at this course so a bad shot penalty and missed putts led to a 40. Shots were either a block or pulled draw. I'm getting center of club face, distances are right and high ball flight, just not getting the club face on line.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

3 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Rain doesn't last long here; maybe an hour or two.  We need it up here this year; we are in a drought year.  We have irrigation water supplied by a canal system, but in the past we have been rationed during droughts.  We live along the Columbia River, but the irrigation canal is fed by the Yakima River which starts in the Cascades from snow melt.  

We are headed for a drought, irrigation ponds are getting very low.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, CarlH said:

Yep, a lot easier with a 7 iron approach shot than a 4 hybrid!  Still gotta get it in the hole, though 😄 

Yup, chipping & putting still important.
The second shots were killing all of us.  When one of the guys brought up moving up to Senior Tees there wasn’t any no votes.  A lot more birdies and Fireball 👍 

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 hours ago, CarlH said:

What generates your round report?

DECADE

2 minutes ago, analyticandrew said:

DECADE

OK...I knew you were doing DECADE...didn't know that was the output.  Thnx.  

20 minutes ago, CarlH said:

OK...I knew you were doing DECADE...didn't know that was the output.  Thnx.  

It’s just one of MANY 

Had 42 putts today, that was pretty exciting

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

I almost had a real senior moment today. My friends have booked 4 rounds the next 7 days, and I thought we were playing Tam O’Shanter today. It turns out we were playing Middle Island CC, which is at least 60 miles further east on Long Island. Thank goodness one of them called this morning asking if I wanted him to pick me up. I would’ve shown up at a course about an hour and a half away. 🙄

Middle Island CC is an extremely narrow and long golf course. The white tees play over 6500 yards and the gold almost 6100. Since the four of us are all either 66 or 67 years old, and two of them are around 25 hcaps, I suggested we play the golds, but they insisted on the whites, saying “those are the tees we always play.” They should have listened to me.
After the 470 yard par 4 second, I knew the two of them wouldn’t break 110, and myself and the other player would be lucky to play bogey golf. I came close with a 92, the others shot 98, 114 and 116. I didn’t play badly, there were just so many holes I couldn’t reach in regulation. Even the par 3’s were tough. Two were over 200 yards, the others played 180 and 165..

I made just enough silly mistakes to not break 90... poor chips, and two water balls, yada yada. I couldn’t really get too upset, playing a course that long I’d have to have been near perfect to pull it off, and how often do we do that?

Ihit a lot of really good shots today, I just didn’t have  the firepower to score well on this course. The good news is, after two rounds in two days my back feels great.
I’m going to rest tomorrow and watch the final round of the PGA with my dad, then go to the range Monday to work on my irons and wedges. Tuesday we tee it up again, and we should do better. I think my friends have learned to let me pick the proper tees for them from now on, lol.

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

On 5/20/2021 at 7:47 PM, CarlH said:

oh to be young again....lol

I was NEVER young enough to hit a 200+ yard 7 iron. 😢

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

58 minutes ago, ncwoz said:

Had 42 putts today, that was pretty exciting

Big oof, been there.

Take Dead Aim

42 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

I was NEVER young enough to hit a 200+ yard 7 iron. 😢

When I was that young the ball was wound and the liquid center was half evaporated and the 7i loft was the same as today's 9i so it wasn't going 200!  That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!    😆

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

On 5/21/2021 at 11:04 AM, Rickp said:

Friday Bacon Boyz 😱. Have no idea what I shot for the 9, maybe 4 over.  It was one of those chirping, BB, laugh mornings.  It was a great time with some golf added.

Breakfast was 12 Senior guys once again solving the world’s problems!!  

I wondered what happen when my day all of a sudden got easier! Thanks!!!!!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

11 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

I almost had a real senior moment today. My friends have booked 4 rounds the next 7 days, and I thought we were playing Tam O’Shanter today. It turns out we were playing Middle Island CC, which is at least 60 miles further east on Long Island. Thank goodness one of them called this morning asking if I wanted him to pick me up. I would’ve shown up at a course about an hour and a half away. 🙄

Middle Island CC is an extremely narrow and long golf course. The white tees play over 6500 yards and the gold almost 6100. Since the four of us are all either 66 or 67 years old, and two of them are around 25 hcaps, I suggested we play the golds, but they insisted on the whites, saying “those are the tees we always play.” They should have listened to me.
After the 470 yard par 4 second, I knew the two of them wouldn’t break 110, and myself and the other player would be lucky to play bogey golf. I came close with a 92, the others shot 98, 114 and 116. I didn’t play badly, there were just so many holes I couldn’t reach in regulation. Even the par 3’s were tough. Two were over 200 yards, the others played 180 and 165..

I made just enough silly mistakes to not break 90... poor chips, and two water balls, yada yada. I couldn’t really get too upset, playing a course that long I’d have to have been near perfect to pull it off, and how often do we do that?

Ihit a lot of really good shots today, I just didn’t have  the firepower to score well on this course. The good news is, after two rounds in two days my back feels great.
I’m going to rest tomorrow and watch the final round of the PGA with my dad, then go to the range Monday to work on my irons and wedges. Tuesday we tee it up again, and we should do better. I think my friends have learned to let me pick the proper tees for them from now on, lol.

It’s hard for guys when they get older to admit they have to move up a Tee (or 2).   I see it all the time here.

Rick

Left Hand, 

A weekend filled with up-and-down golf, but most importantly I got to get out for five holes yesterday morning with my wife, who hasn't been able to play since the fall of 2018 due to a shoulder injury and botched surgery. I played the forward tees with her, we didn't keep score and jumped around holes. I carried with a minimalist bag of only six clubs plus putter to lighten the load (she got the cart!). It was a blast.

She's rocking my old Spider X and new-to-her Exotics EXS driver and fairway wood. 

IMG_23052021_100745_(800_x_600_pixel).jpg.15cd06932452b86c5ad944a026c77576.jpg

Saturday afternoon I played at Moss Ridge Golf Course in Ravenna, MI, with my father-in-law and brother-in-law. I've played here a few times before and really enjoy the course. It's an old apple orchard, the course is open and fairly forgiving but the wind is a big factor. It's also a bargain at $39 peak rate on weekends with brand new, GPS-enabled carts. I started off really well and recorded my first 300-plus yard drive of the season (a new career best 311 yards) with "just a bit 🤣" of wind help on the second par 5. Unfortunately, my putter went ice cold on the back nine and I made a bad, bad mental mistake in taking not enough club on my approach to No. 17 green that led to a triple bogey and kind of ended the round on a sour note.

- 43/44 = 87 (+15) 
- 7/14 FIR
- 8/18 GIR
- 37 Putts (4 3-putts (all on the back...), 11 2-putts, 3 1-putts)

IMG_23052021_100652_(800_x_600_pixel).jpg.5946570847ab8595e959e5a794b52f64.jpg

I meant to play 18 holes this morning, had a great warm-up on the range, striped my opening hybrid but started making mental mistakes on No. 3 and just never got into the round. Decided after nine holes that I was just mentally exhausted and headed to the parking lot instead of making the turn. 

- 47 / 45 ESC = +11
- 1/7 FIR
- 2/9 GIR
- 17 Putts (8 2-putts, 1 1-putt)

I hit the ball really well all weekend, even this morning, but made too many mental mistakes leading to big numbers of the scorecard. Just am having issues avoiding having more than one blowup hole during a round right now. Yesterday I went triple-double to end the round and had three doubles total, and today I carded both a quadruple and triple bogey to drive up my scores. 

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

22 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Got out with @B.Bostonand the kiddos this morning for 9 at a course that I have not played in years but was the course I graduated to after our local par 3 closed years and years ago. I was pleasantly surprised with it and will be taking the boys more often potentially.

I started out terribly first 6 holes with a triple 2 doubles and 3 bogeys woof. I didn’t have anything good about them. Thin shots couple of toppers and just overall piss poor play. I settled down on hold 7 and went par birdie par. 

Matthew played very well first time out. We had the boys teeing off from around 100-150 out (slow play so we started letting them hit from the tee box and collecting as we walked). His tee shots were as clean as I’ve ever seen him hit, still struggling with irons because he catches them fat often. Highlight of his day were 3 1 putts! 1 being close to a 50’! He was pretty pumped.

(video isn’t embedding for some reason but good tee shot)
https://youtube.com/shorts/JZN98a4Z44s?feature=share

26673308-B464-4448-8DA2-6339BCCA4FC3.jpeg

Sounds like y'all had a good time! That tee shot Matthew hit was awesome and I'm glad you got the boys out with you.

2 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Sounds like y'all had a good time! That tee shot Matthew hit was awesome and I'm glad you got the boys out with you.

Thanks man! Boys played well. I missed his putt though! Wish I got it on video he was jumping up and down as it rolled was too funny

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Surprising 100 today (53/47). Started the day with a 9, taking three shots to get out of a fairway bunker. Iron game was ok although Arccos said is was bad. Short game was rough. Knew I was close on 18 which probably caused me to try too hard. Had 4 pars and a birdie. Should have had two more pars. Alternated with left dash and vero x1 balls. Longer compared to Snell Mt x. Sometimes I tried to really explode through with my turn and I had some way over drawn shots. Overall a surprisingly decent round for me

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

I have been talking about in my ongoing thread about how a too strong left hand grip really makes it hard for me to play decent golf and that I need to play with a more neutral grip. So what did i do for the first 16 holes today, of course, play with too strong of a grip. Was hitting some terrible shots off the tee, some of the shots I couldn't figure out how it produced the result it did.

On 17, I decided to focus and use a neutral grip, and go on to stripe it off the tee, dead straight, longest drive I have ever hit on this hole. Its a par 5 and I was still 250 plus yards out, so I hit a 7 iron layup, off of a side hill in the fairway with my feet above the ball. Straight again, perfect layup. Had about 100 yards left, hit a gap wedge, slightly pulled it, but landed on the green. Two putt for par. 

On 18, again, neutral grip, striped again off the tee, dead center of the fairway. Hit my approach shot just short of the green. After that, my short game let me down a bit, buts its a really tricky green with a big slope. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Went out to a local course with @Lakeeriegolferand his brother. They both played better then me, I shot 84. I was 5 over through 12, then the two way miss of the last few weeks came back after taking yesterday off and I was +9 over the last 6 and I couldn't make a putt. I need a range session and my lessons to start.

Take Dead Aim