TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

38 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Tough night in men's league for me. I was asked to be a sub and in spite of my hamstring acting up AND cart path only, I went ahead and played. Big mistake! After the first drive, the hamstring pain made itself known and  stayed with me through most of the 9 holes. Ended up with a 49. 😡

Ah! Rest it up hope its not to re-aggravated. 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

Tough night in men's league for me. I was asked to be a sub and in spite of my hamstring acting up AND cart path only, I went ahead and played. Big mistake! After the first drive, the hamstring pain made itself known and  stayed with me through most of the 9 holes. Ended up with a 49. 😡

And I thought you were old enough to know better...   🙄

You need a massage.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

And I thought you were old enough to know better...   🙄

You need a massage.

I got older but not necessarily smarter 😜

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Played in our monthly “stag day” tourney and we all put together a great day for first place team, first place for the 2-man portion, along with 4 skins, for a grand total of $450, or $112.50 each!

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

45 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

got to play montauk downs today! played just OK, and shot 98 but i was happy to break 100 in windy, foggy conditions on a tough course. 

managed birdie on this par 5. here’s what i had left after a great drive.  had 203 to the flag and pushed a 6i right of the green.  was able to chip close and make the 4 footer for birdie

0B0C78BC-5F28-4089-B034-D4892EDFD1C0.jpeg.b8cdb0bdc3f7ad5604a840d50f436383.jpeg

i forget which hole this was, but the fog was really thick in some spots

42DE5247-A0A7-4C3B-B55A-52E7C92ED822.jpeg.864dfd066f7be2441f58bb039f1c7e04.jpeg

signature hole. #12 221 yd par 3. pulled my 5i left of the green, and made bogey after a decent chip  

903DB105-18BB-4CD5-B417-571E8417BC14.jpeg.72c3049926feb08fce91daa475d8e96e.jpeg

tee shot into the abyss on 18.  you can barely make out the silhouette of the clubhouse off the left side of the fairway  

5E6830D1-9853-4271-AFB2-C98E8E05C66D.jpeg.a07cef5bca115d5a5f8df1132f5c709d.jpeg

the good from today:

sand play. i found myself in a few bunkers and was not only able to get out with one shot, but i was able to put some spin on the ball and stop them close. 

putting. the greens at montauk downs are undulating and pretty quick. my reads were great and i was starting the ball dead on my intended line. i drained 2 20+ footers and was able to lag the ball close all day. 

the bad: 

approach shots. contact was great, and i was pulling the right club and hitting my number, but i was right and left all day long. 

chipping.  i think i’ve gotta make my 52* my workhorse for chipping. i like to use my 60 and can hit a flop shot pretty reliably, but if i decelerate at all, i end up leaving chips short. turning birdie into bogey or double because you 3-chipped is really frustrating.

Man that fog, didn’t get any of that today here but makes for a cool site.

”5iron 220” must be nice! Looks like a good round. My 52* is my work horse as well it has been a super versatile club I can use for alotttttt of shots.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

8 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Man that fog, didn’t get any of that today here but makes for a cool site.

”5iron 220” must be nice! Looks like a good round. My 52* is my work horse as well it has been a super versatile club I can use for alotttttt of shots.

the fog was cool. shots just disappeared as they hit their apex. 

ive gotta embrace that 52 like you do. it’s great to know i can hit a flop with the 60, but it’s definitely a lower percentage shot. more often than not, i decelerate at the last second because i don’t want to blade it over the green, and end up hitting it 10ft when i needed it to go 10yds.  the 52 i can hit low and high, make it run or spin it back. that has to become my go-to around the green. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

2 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

got to play montauk downs today! played just OK, and shot 98 but i was happy to break 100 in windy, foggy conditions on a tough course. 

managed birdie on this par 5. here’s what i had left after a great drive.  had 203 to the flag and pushed a 6i right of the green.  was able to chip close and make the 4 footer for birdie

0B0C78BC-5F28-4089-B034-D4892EDFD1C0.jpeg.b8cdb0bdc3f7ad5604a840d50f436383.jpeg

i forget which hole this was, but the fog was really thick in some spots

42DE5247-A0A7-4C3B-B55A-52E7C92ED822.jpeg.864dfd066f7be2441f58bb039f1c7e04.jpeg

signature hole. #12 221 yd par 3. pulled my 5i left of the green, and made bogey after a decent chip  

903DB105-18BB-4CD5-B417-571E8417BC14.jpeg.72c3049926feb08fce91daa475d8e96e.jpeg

tee shot into the abyss on 18.  you can barely make out the silhouette of the clubhouse off the left side of the fairway  

5E6830D1-9853-4271-AFB2-C98E8E05C66D.jpeg.a07cef5bca115d5a5f8df1132f5c709d.jpeg

the good from today:

sand play. i found myself in a few bunkers and was not only able to get out with one shot, but i was able to put some spin on the ball and stop them close. 

putting. the greens at montauk downs are undulating and pretty quick. my reads were great and i was starting the ball dead on my intended line. i drained 2 20+ footers and was able to lag the ball close all day. 

the bad: 

approach shots. contact was great, and i was pulling the right club and hitting my number, but i was right and left all day long. 

chipping.  i think i’ve gotta make my 52* my workhorse for chipping. i like to use my 60 and can hit a flop shot pretty reliably, but if i decelerate at all, i end up leaving chips short. turning birdie into bogey or double because you 3-chipped is really frustrating.

Can’t say it’s not green👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 5/30/2021 at 5:30 PM, Kenny B said:

Well, I shot my age... 74. 

The best ball striking round I have ever had.  

CONGRATS!!! 👍👍👍

Now we all expect you to do the same thing next year!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

CONGRATS!!! 👍👍👍

Now we all expect you to do the same thing next year!

You didn't see my post an hour before you posted this???  Arrrrrgh!!!!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I played in my first ever tournament today it was a member member tournament, Stableford format, my handicap is a 13 so I am getting a good amount of strokes, my partner is a 3. I felt good heading in to the event but had a hard time on the course. I was frustrated the hole round. I shot a 52 on the front which is by far my worst 9 since starting golf 2 years back. I had a lot of penalties and every time I looked I was in a bunker. I was good off the tee box most of the round but couldn't hit any greens. Worse yet was my putting... I had a more respectable back 9 at 45 having 2 blow up holes. I feel like I really let myself and partner down today with my performance. Playing for par should allow me to be pretty competitive but I stunk every which was today hoping it was just nerves. Playing tomorrow where both balls are scored. Hopefully I'll have a better showing. I was hoping to a least be close to 85 but 97 has me kicking myself big time

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

2 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

I played in my first ever tournament today it was a member member tournament, Stableford format, my handicap is a 13 so I am getting a good amount of strokes, my partner is a 3. I felt good heading in to the event but had a hard time on the course. I was frustrated the hole round. I shot a 52 on the front which is by far my worst 9 since starting golf 2 years back. I had a lot of penalties and every time I looked I was in a bunker. I was good off the tee box most of the round but couldn't hit any greens. Worse yet was my putting... I had a more respectable back 9 at 45 having 2 blow up holes. I feel like I really let myself and partner down today with my performance. Playing for par should allow me to be pretty competitive but I stunk every which was today hoping it was just nerves. Playing tomorrow where both balls are scored. Hopefully I'll have a better showing. I was hoping to a least be close to 85 but 97 has me kicking myself big time

... All of us remember our first tournament and most of us didn't fare any better. After playing QB I high school and college I thought a golf tourney would be a piece of cake. Of course football is reactive but in golf you initiate the action and that leaves room for all kinds of mental intrusions, especially the first time. It gets easier, at least as far as your nerves. 🤪

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

1 minute ago, chisag said:

... All of us remember our first tournament and most of us didn't fare any better. After playing QB I high school and college I thought a golf tourney would be a piece of cake. Of course football is reactive but in golf you initiate the action and that leaves room for all kinds of mental intrusions, especially the first time. It gets easier, at least as far as your nerves. 🤪

Thanks for the words of wisdom, here's to hoping tomorrow is better.I just wish I could have taken advantage of the strokes I was given.

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

84 today on a course that was wetter than it looked. Total lack of consistency, feels like I'm playing 3 true outcomes golf. Either everything is working and I shoot mid 70s, putter isn't working and I shoot around 80, or nothing works and I shoot 85+. With what I want to accomplish this year, every day not breaking 80 feels wasted.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

2 hours ago, RollingGreens said:

Shake it off, we’ve all been there and worse.  You got thru the 1st day and we're sure you’ll play better tomorrow.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Played one of my favorite courses which has become the one i end up playing more than any in the last year. It’s a tough course and the back gets harder. The game has been coming around lately and put together a solid round of 38/42. Got out of position on a couple holes on the back and ended up with the only doubles of the day

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Played last night and it was very frustrating.  A lot of bogeys and a couple doubles on the front for a 45 then mostly pars on the back for a 39.  I've been dealing with back spasms all week and I was really tight so my swing felt horrible.  The spasms started overnight again so no golf for me today.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.