TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Penalty free 78 this morning that was great except a double on 18 🤮. Hit the ball much better then yesterday other then my 3 drives on the back 9 going nowhere near where I wanted them. Finally par on 12 which is one of the toughest par 4s in the area.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

There is an inverse relationship between focusing on swing drills and how I play on the course. 

Since going Gankas my irons feel so much more solid. They’re also taking the right side of the course out of play and that’s been difficult. My cut that I rely on isn’t there anymore and I’m really trying to find out how hard I want to push. 

Played early today and shot 84 with 4 lost balls. Balls that all went left into hazards / OB. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

How long before the cash turns into golf clubs?

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

4 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Played one of my best rounds ever and my lowest 9 hole score ever. Shot a 44 on the front 9. That included birdieing the 9th hole when I was thinking about the chance for my lowest 9 hole score. Back 9 wasn't as good, but still decent. Overall score was a 95.

Had a lesson yesterday, really only thing change that was made during the lesson was grip. That really helped out today quite a bit. 

Congratulations!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

7 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Played one of my best rounds ever and my lowest 9 hole score ever. Shot a 44 on the front 9. That included birdieing the 9th hole when I was thinking about the chance for my lowest 9 hole score. Back 9 wasn't as good, but still decent. Overall score was a 95.

Had a lesson yesterday, really only thing change that was made during the lesson was grip. That really helped out today quite a bit. 

Great work! Always nice to knock out a new PB!

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

6 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Congratulations!!

2 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Great work! Always nice to knock out a new PB!

Thanks guys!

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

5 hours ago, silver & black said:

Today was a tale of two nines. The front nine was okay...40. The back nine was a different story. We got stuck behind a horrible foursome. We waited 10/15 minutes on every hole.

The twosome behind us pushed us the  whole way. We offered to let them play through and wait on the group ahead just like we were. Instead, they just kept badmouthing us and driving into us the whole nine. After the 3rd time they drove into us, I confronted them and told them I'd gladly shove my driver up their ass if it happened again. I'm old, but I'll stand with anyone if it comes to it.

We ended up calling the club house because they just wouldn't let up. We waited for them in the parking lot and offered to settle it like men. They declined.... what a shock...lol.  I ended up shooting 55 on the back because I was so pissed off.

Not a good day on the course!

I hate when that happens. Sorry to hear that.

First time I ignore. Second time I let them know. Third time I step on the ball and call the pro shop. Forth time I get out my sharpie and write on the ball "next time I hit it back" and sit it up on a tee.  Fifth time you better duck because I'm accurate with my driver.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

5 hours ago, silver & black said:

Today was a tale of two nines. The front nine was okay...40. The back nine was a different story. We got stuck behind a horrible foursome. We waited 10/15 minutes on every hole.

The twosome behind us pushed us the  whole way. We offered to let them play through and wait on the group ahead just like we were. Instead, they just kept badmouthing us and driving into us the whole nine. After the 3rd time they drove into us, I confronted them and told them I'd gladly shove my driver up their ass if it happened again. I'm old, but I'll stand with anyone if it comes to it.

We ended up calling the club house because they just wouldn't let up. We waited for them in the parking lot and offered to settle it like men. They declined.... what a shock...lol.  I ended up shooting 55 on the back because I was so pissed off.

Not a good day on the course!

Wow. Definitely not a fun round. I’ll never be able to grasp the reasons for people to be so rude that they hit into others that are patiently waiting their turn. 

9 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I hate when that happens. Sorry to hear that.

First time I ignore. Second time I let them know. Third time I step on the ball and call the pro shop. Forth time I get out my sharpie and write on the ball "next time I hit it back" and sit it up on a tee.  Fifth time you better duck because I'm accurate with my driver.

Yikes! Have you ever made it all the way to the fifth time? 😬

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° SW & 58° LW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

10 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Unfortunately yes.  But that was when I lived in NY.  Lets just say it didn't happen again that day. I hit the cart they were standing next to. Message was loud and clear. I guess they didn't take me seriously. 

Well, hopefully they learned to be better people after that one. 

2 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Well it's 2021 and I have seen too many stories about golfers pulling guns. Seen it twice here in Phoenix so you never know who you are gonna run into on a golf course. Played with a guy from Low-weesy-ana that was all of 5'9" and 150 and when I told him the story of the 250lb guy hitting me and not apologizing but saying if the ball hadn't hit me he would be 50 yds further down the fairway so we both lose, the ex-cajun pulled a Glock out of his bag and said he would stand like this (gun at his side) and say "You ready to apologize now MF!?" Reminded me not to confront idiots on the golf course. 

That’s just crazy and potentially scary at the same time. Golf should never escalate to that level. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° SW & 58° LW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

8 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

Played very well today...

E99991A1-3E6D-468C-AC14-8A3D1225E30F.jpeg.1f28f09087e729ca686f1938ee7fd689.jpeg

Well played Sir!

Mizuno ST190, 9 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Mizuno ST190, 14 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 7S

Mizuno ST200 , 18 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Miura CB 301, 4 iron, Fujikura Ventus 9x

Miura CB 301, 5-PW Nippon Modus 120S

Miura K Grind, 52, 54 and 58, Nippon Modus 130s  hand ground by Usher Golf

Miura KM 006 LH 

5 hours ago, yungkory said:

Tee game was awful, but managed to scrape around an 8-over 78. First tee I legit toe shanked my driver like 150 yards into the middle of the adjacent fairway. Hit a 7-iron just wherever I could manage to get it back on the correct hole, and stiffed an 8-iron to a foot for an unlikely par. Reached the par 5 3rd in 2 shots so I thought my day was about to turn around, and then 3-jacked for par. The rest of the day was one really nice birdie on a 228y par 3, and a bunch of scrambling. First time I've shot consecutive rounds in the 70s, albeit this was a par-70 so idk if that still counts.

In other news, my Bushnell has a brown dot in the viewfinder now, almost exactly on the reticle. From what I read, possibly from overexposure to sun rays? Guess I'm in the market for a new one.

Still nice shooting @B.Bostonhad a similar spot on his range finder, we were thinking possible mold spore maybe? He got it replaced, wonder if ya could get Bushnell to do the same. Unless it’s pretty old

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

13 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Another out of sync day on the course and poor ball striking.  Rather than just letting my swing flow, I'm forcing it.  I know better, but....  Flying out tomorrow to play in a member-guest with my prior neighbor and best friend -- Diamante CC in Hot Springs Village, Arkansas -- I'd better get my act together.  Practice round Wed, then 3 days of tournament play (better ball, modified Stableford, and Scramble).  Looking forward to playing!

I wish you would get back in sync.  You seem to be rubbing off on me!!  Everything is out of whack!!  And I'm trying to get my swing back in sync for the MGS PNW outing in Spokane starting tomorrow.  

It all started for me last Monday at our Memorial Day couples net better ball.  I didn't hit the ball very well at all, but managed an 82 through some decent scrambling.  My wife didn't play well either.  We managed to finish T-12 at -3, but a "normal" round for us should have been at least -6.  Winning score was -10.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

4 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I wish you would get back in sync.  You seem to be rubbing off on me!!  Everything is out of whack!!  And I'm trying to get my swing back in sync for the MGS PNW outing in Spokane starting tomorrow.  

It all started for me last Monday at our Memorial Day couples net better ball.  I didn't hit the ball very well at all, but managed an 82 through some decent scrambling.  My wife didn't play well either.  We managed to finish T-12 at -3, but a "normal" round for us should have been at least -6.  Winning score was -10.

The Golf God's giveth and they taketh away 🙂.  I'm sure with all the BIG $$ on the table this week, you'll be back to form and taking us yutes to the cleaners.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

9 hours ago, yungkory said:

Tee game was awful, but managed to scrape around an 8-over 78. First tee I legit toe shanked my driver like 150 yards into the middle of the adjacent fairway. Hit a 7-iron just wherever I could manage to get it back on the correct hole, and stiffed an 8-iron to a foot for an unlikely par. Reached the par 5 3rd in 2 shots so I thought my day was about to turn around, and then 3-jacked for par. The rest of the day was one really nice birdie on a 228y par 3, and a bunch of scrambling. First time I've shot consecutive rounds in the 70s, albeit this was a par-70 so idk if that still counts.

In other news, my Bushnell has a brown dot in the viewfinder now, almost exactly on the reticle. From what I read, possibly from overexposure to sun rays? Guess I'm in the market for a new one.

Precision Pro R1!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Yep, started this week for me, too.  Last weekend, I struck the ball well.  This weekend, it was like a foreign entity inhabited my body --- one that had never played golf before.  🙂  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Not how I played but a comment on some of the up and coming young stars in the game. I volunteered at the SoCal Drive, Chip, and Putt competition over the weekend. Saw some promising young talent. Saw a 15 year old girl drive 240 yards consistently. Saw some 12-13 year old boys hole out their chips from just off the green. N doubt we will be seeing some of these kids on the college circuit and then Korn Ferry and eventually the PGA Tour in the future!

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4