TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

The return to warm and windy conditions meant an early start to the 18 hole round at the local college track just west of the city. Everything was just a little off but the putter continues to be my most baffling stick. Speed, a slight pull, and just a huge lack of confidence are hurting potentially decent scores. I plan to hit the putting green for practice soon or it is going to be a very expensive golf trip coming up.

44/47 for my splits with a variety of penalty strokes and missed opportunities. 

A couple things to remind myself of though...

* Intermittent fasting is not a good idea to stick to when you are playing an early round and need energy.

* New clubs take some time to get used to and I think my higher than normal scores this season prove that out. Rebuilt most of my bag during the offseason and learning the new distances/trajectory/flight path take time especially when 9 holes every other week is the norm.

Still love the game, but right now I am struggling to like it 🙂

:ping-small: Driver - 410 LST - 10.5 Degree - Stiff

:titelist-small: Tsi2 3 and 4 Hybrids - Fujikura Ventus 8S

:Sub70: 639 CB 5-7 - Nippon Modus Tour 120 Steel

:Sub70: 639 MB 8-PW - Nippon Modus Tour 120 Steel

:cleveland-small: RTX 3 Wedges - 50, 54, 58

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne Putter

:wilson-small: Duo Professional Ball

On 6/6/2021 at 10:43 AM, sirchunksalot said:

Nice! You catch any monsters? I know Casitas is renowned for some big bass. 

Anymore, an 8 lb’er is a pig. Since the trout plants stopped years ago, I think there was a big fish die off, and getting a fish over 10 is a super rarity. The biggest fish this season was a 5.99.

we had the 2ond big fish at 5.00. Just a numbers game now, and ya gotta churn thru a lot of fish to cul up to a good bag. We were just on em this day, probably caught around 30 fish...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

I was cooking through 9 yesterday with a 41 unfortunately I had a bad stretch of holes from 14 on and a triple bogey on 18 that left me with a 49 of the back. Not a terrible day but I wish I could have held up on the back by 3-5 less strokes. Me and my partner had a top 10 2nd day finish and for the tournament we finished 17th. A decent first day would have put us easily into the money for finals standings. All in all a great weekend and a lot of lessons learned. Having a hard time getting over the some issues. Seems like no matter the tees or distance I am making just as many mistakes putting and hitting greens in regulation. My front 9 I capitalized on both. The back 9 seemed like I was slogging though it with no rhythm 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

17 hours ago, chisag said:

... Well it's 2021 and I have seen too many stories about golfers pulling guns. Seen it twice here in Phoenix so you never know who you are gonna run into on a golf course. Played with a guy from Low-weesy-ana that was all of 5'9" and 150 and when I told him the story of the 250lb guy hitting me and not apologizing but saying if the ball hadn't hit me he would be 50 yds further down the fairway so we both lose, the ex-cajun pulled a Glock out of his bag and said he would stand like this (gun at his side) and say "You ready to apologize now MF!?" Reminded me not to confront idiots on the golf course. 

Obviously not a trained CCW guy. Real training with firearms teaches the opposite of that type of behavior. You’re right- never confront idiots - not only on the track, but everywhere. Unfortunately, people like that do nobody any good, including themselves...

I shot ok today, didn’t score well, but his a few great shots.

13 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

Obviously not a trained CCW guy. Real training with firearms teaches the opposite of that type of behavior. You’re right- never confront idiots - not only on the track, but everywhere. Unfortunately, people like that do nobody any good, including themselves...

... Played golf in Chicago for 35 years and only saw one guy take a gun out of his bag. Showed it to the guys hitting into them and they retreated and he put it back in his bag. Phoenix is a different animal and already saw 2 in 5 months. I am not a gun owner but I do believe most owners are responsible about ownership. That said it only takes one yahoo to end a life and muni golf is filled with yahoos. I love the variety of playing many different courses but for the first time I am seriously looking at joining a private or semi private club. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

9 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Still nice shooting @B.Bostonhad a similar spot on his range finder, we were thinking possible mold spore maybe? He got it replaced, wonder if ya could get Bushnell to do the same. Unless it’s pretty old

Yeah I reached out to them to see how much it would cost me. If it's going to be like $50 or so I might do it. I bought it on Father's day 2017 so it almost lasted exactly 4 years, not too bad.

6 hours ago, CarlH said:

Another out of sync day on the course and poor ball striking.  Rather than just letting my swing flow, I'm forcing it.  I know better, but....  Flying out tomorrow to play in a member-guest with my prior neighbor and best friend -- Diamante CC in Hot Springs Village, Arkansas -- I'd better get my act together.  Practice round Wed, then 3 days of tournament play (better ball, modified Stableford, and Scramble).  Looking forward to playing!

Play well!

5 hours ago, PMookie said:

Precision Pro R1!

They won't ship to Hawaii and I have only seen the older NX7 locally. I'll honestly scoop up another Bushnell, hopefully there will be a Father's day sale like when I bought this one 4 years back! Thanks for the rec though!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

1 minute ago, yungkory said:

Yeah I reached out to them to see how much it would cost me. If it's going to be like $50 or so I might do it. I bought it on Father's day 2017 so it almost lasted exactly 4 years, not too bad.

Play well!

They won't ship to Hawaii and I have only seen the older NX7 locally. I'll honestly scoop up another Bushnell, hopefully there will be a Father's day sale like when I bought this one 4 years back! Thanks for the rec though!

Good luck, granted you use it year round (lucky SOB) 4 years is not long for them IMO. 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

8 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Good luck, granted you use it year round (lucky SOB) 4 years is not long for them IMO. 

Dang, really? I guess the old "they don't make em like they used to" adage applies here? My mom's cousin has an old-school binocular one that still works.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

11 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I've had my Nikon for over 15 years.  Basic model but still works like new. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Just now, cnosil said:

I've had my Nikon for over 15 years.  Basic model but still works like new. 

Yea I have had my Tour V3 Jolt in 2014. The "Jolt" doesnt work anymore but besides that its perfect for what I need (I am not a huge fan of the jolt aspect anyway so its fine). 

I mean these are meant to be durable. They can be used in so many ways for different shooting sports as well as golf. I would hope that Bushnell is able to do something for @yungkory

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

On 6/4/2021 at 4:57 PM, Chip Strokes said:

got to play montauk downs today! played just OK, and shot 98 but i was happy to break 100 in windy, foggy conditions on a tough course. 

managed birdie on this par 5. here’s what i had left after a great drive.  had 203 to the flag and pushed a 6i right of the green.  was able to chip close and make the 4 footer for birdie

0B0C78BC-5F28-4089-B034-D4892EDFD1C0.jpeg.b8cdb0bdc3f7ad5604a840d50f436383.jpeg

i forget which hole this was, but the fog was really thick in some spots

42DE5247-A0A7-4C3B-B55A-52E7C92ED822.jpeg.864dfd066f7be2441f58bb039f1c7e04.jpeg

signature hole. #12 221 yd par 3. pulled my 5i left of the green, and made bogey after a decent chip  

903DB105-18BB-4CD5-B417-571E8417BC14.jpeg.72c3049926feb08fce91daa475d8e96e.jpeg

tee shot into the abyss on 18.  you can barely make out the silhouette of the clubhouse off the left side of the fairway  

5E6830D1-9853-4271-AFB2-C98E8E05C66D.jpeg.a07cef5bca115d5a5f8df1132f5c709d.jpeg

the good from today:

sand play. i found myself in a few bunkers and was not only able to get out with one shot, but i was able to put some spin on the ball and stop them close. 

putting. the greens at montauk downs are undulating and pretty quick. my reads were great and i was starting the ball dead on my intended line. i drained 2 20+ footers and was able to lag the ball close all day. 

the bad: 

approach shots. contact was great, and i was pulling the right club and hitting my number, but i was right and left all day long. 

chipping.  i think i’ve gotta make my 52* my workhorse for chipping. i like to use my 60 and can hit a flop shot pretty reliably, but if i decelerate at all, i end up leaving chips short. turning birdie into bogey or double because you 3-chipped is 

I’m a little jealous you got out there.

If I could only play one public course on Long Island ever again, it would be Montauk Downs. 
It’s a gem. The weather is always a factor, because it’s… The End. (Those of you who know the Island, you got that, lol.) I wouldn’t care if I shot a 100, I couldn’t have a bad time playing it.

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

6 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

I’m a little jealous you got out there.

If I could only play one public course on Long Island ever again, it would be Montauk Downs. 
It’s a gem. The weather is always a factor, because it’s… The End. (Those of you who know the Island, you got that, lol.) I wouldn’t care if I shot a 100, I couldn’t have a bad time playing it.

i’ve been spending summers in Montauk since i’m a little kid, but this was my first time playing out there since i only started playing golf last summer. 

headed back out for a week in september so i’ll play it again then. 

you’re right - it’s a great course. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour