TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

11 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

I love that driver! 
My friend has one with the Tour shaft, and he kills it. I’ve been hitting one on the range. I thought it would be a hook machine for me since I’m not a slicer, but it’s not. I love my G400 Max, but when I’m tired or stiff I struggle to square the face, and can hit a push or pull cut. The SFT seems to only want to hit a baby draw or go straight.
Hard to argue with those results, and as forgiving as the 400 Max is, I’d love to take the left side out of play off the tee. (I’m a lefty)

Best of luck with your new driver, and keep updating with your progress with it.

Thanks ! Yeah I was a big slicer so the sft did help a lot 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

Choked with 4 holes to play. Shot 80 (39/41), but had TWO doubles late! Ugh. 33 putts. Nothing great about the round at all…. Oh well. I got to play today, so no complaints.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Truly a tale of 2 9's yesterday and a long arse round. 5 hours 36 minutes for 18 and I really should have walked after 9.

Shot a 40 on the front parring the last 3 holes, then we made the turn and the waiting with the frustration that comes with it had me shooting a 49 on the back for a grand total 89.

Some people need to play at a par 3 course until they can do more than duff every shot 50 yards.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

6 minutes ago, MattF said:

Truly a tale of 2 9's yesterday and a long arse round. 5 hours 36 minutes for 18 and I really should have walked after 9.

Shot a 40 on the front parring the last 3 holes, then we made the turn and the waiting with the frustration that comes with it had me shooting a 49 on the back for a grand total 89.

Some people need to play at a par 3 course until they can do more than duff every shot 50 yards.

I couldn’t do it… That was 2 hours and 20 minutes longer than my full 18 which had 6 holes cart path only! Nope. Couldn’t do it!!!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

9 hours ago, MattF said:

This is me exactly....If play is slow and I'm waiting on every shot, I start to lose interest after 3 hours and totally check out at about 3.5 hours.  I have too many other things waiting to be done that start to occupy my mind and mentally I move on to planning or designing what I'll be doing when I get home.   I think i played early on a weekend once last year and the first 13 holes were good and the last 5 were a boredom induced disaster!  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

5 minutes ago, PMookie said:

I couldn’t do it… That was 2 hours and 20 minutes longer than my full 18 which had 6 holes cart path only! Nope. Couldn’t do it!!!

My problem was that I knew I played well on the front (I don't look at my total score until I finish the round) and because of that couldn't stop.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

17 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

How about Milguy?

You must have cheated!!!!! 😉

We could get into a long game here

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

51 minutes ago, Alf. S said:

You must have cheated!!!!! 😉

We could get into a long game here

My company has a manufacturing plant in Dudley in the UK. I think its about 5 hours south of thAt area.  We also have one in France, Headquarters in Germany and lots of other locations in and around there.  Lots of names of places that sounds nothing like the spelling.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Like stink, but I hit some good shots on the range after stinking…🦨

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

5 hours ago, Reesedw said:

Well, Just got back from a great weekend playing in Eastern Wash. Played Desert Canyon on Friday, and Bear Mt. Ranch on Sat. I Played two back to back terrible rounds. Friday I shot a whopping 113 2nd worst round that I can remember, on a course I usually play well. I did have moments of greatness, the highlights were 1st hole which I parred, the 8th which I hit a great tee shot into a par 3 but pushed left slightly and parred.. That is where the fun stopped. I even carded a 13, I can't remember the last time I carded anything higher than single digits. Saturday was another LONG day. I opened with a 9 and only had 1 pars.. to Shoot a nice easy 106, My buddy proceeded to Shoot his personal best at the same course, and 87. I carded 3 9's, what a mess.. Seriously contemplated giving up golf, until i got 3 ice cold Coronas in me then I started to rethink things.. But I do think I'll take a week off before playing again.. Damn game.. 

Big numbers are easy to do at both of those courses!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

53 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Big numbers are easy to do at both of those courses!!

Still doesn't make it any easier.. LOL.. I wish I could have said I figured things out as it went but that didn't happen.. LOL Ice cold beer did help ease some of the pain.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

31 minutes ago, Reesedw said:

Still doesn't make it any easier.. LOL.. I wish I could have said I figured things out as it went but that didn't happen.. LOL Ice cold beer did help ease some of the pain.. 

You got this man!  You'll figure it out and look back on these big numbers and laugh...it happens to all of us.  Keep your head up!

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

31 minutes ago, M. Parsons said:

You got this man!  You'll figure it out and look back on these big numbers and laugh...it happens to all of us.  Keep your head up!

Thanks, the last time I posted such big numbers was the day after we got back from Vegas.. I broke 120 that day, with the same friend... He also was over 120 that day... so it didn't hurt as bad.. LOL

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

18 hours ago, PankaGolf said:

Match play foursomes. 

lost to a guy we had to give 26 shots. TWENTY SIX. 

played well and happy with my game. Unhappy with TWO SIX. 

AF71D375-9836-402B-97D9-B8A45B29D597.jpeg

That'd make you want to start drinking!

In the bag:

Bag: 

19 hours ago, PankaGolf said:

Match play foursomes. 

26 strokes😱

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Match play foursomes. 

26 strokes😱

No play for us today 😱

B5B1E597-C822-44F4-AE61-4A81B0ECE53D.jpeg

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Match play foursomes. 

Jease! Wish I could get my approach like that! Sooooooo what holes did you give 2 shots on 😂

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

20 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Continued my run of Up & Down rounds .. ie. either good, or not, golf with only a little in-between...

Started off ok-ish with an ugly but in the fairway tee shot, pushed the second shot right and into trouble .. took a drop .. chip on, two putt .. double.

Next tee shot faded right but playable from the rough, good second to a good position (Par 5), chunked the next and duffed the one after that .. chip on, two putt .. double.

Next short Par 3 hit the green but ball bounced and rolled off the back into deep rough .. pitched it out ok but a little too far and ball ran off the edge on the far side .. chip on, got it close, one putt bogey.

Next hole dogleg left with trees lining the inside .. actually hit a GREAT tee shot (..very literally surprised myself!!) .. that I pulled a little left of my line but it carried all the trees and I must've gotten a very lucky bounce as the ball was sitting in the middle of the fairway 100yds out! Hit the second a little thin but it rolled out to a decent position to putt from .. "easy" two putt PAR!

Next hole is the longer Par 3 was playing about 150 .. was aiming a little right of the flag but tee shot went a bit left - straight at the flag - didn't leave it and ended up about 12 ft short of it! Missed the first putt on the high side but another "easy" two putt PAR!!

Next long Par 5 I started to compound mistakes, and the short Par 4 after that I totally made a mess of .. and stopped counting.....

So, thru the first 5 holes (of 9) at least, I was averaging Bogey Golf which is where I've been working to get to.

WORK IN PROGRESS!

That's awesome @cksurfdude! I'm really hoping you can keep up the trend of playing bogey (or better) golf. Keep it up!

Super tired today, but I managed to save a 81 after a display of terrible tee game today. 1 bird, this was the hole of the day though.  Even with the chunked 9 iron I made par.

I tried a different approach on 2 holes, cost me 2 strokes above normal.  Going back to bomb and gouge.

7B70B0C3-5EE8-4282-BC5B-90925AC1AD30.png

2 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

That's awesome @cksurfdude! I'm really hoping you can keep up the trend of playing bogey (or better) golf. Keep it up!

Thank you, Sir!! We're both gonna get to a good golf place!

I didn't want to elaborate but hafta admit that as my shooting suffered, so did my attitude.... Gonna work more on that, too 👌

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

23 minutes ago, edingc said:

.. 36 holes in over three different courses, playing nine and 18 in the morning and then another nine after lunch.

All in one day??!!!??

Wow, and I'm sure I'm speaking for a few of the other ummm "seasoned" golfers on here, but.. that much swinging would probably have me laid up for a week .. or two! .. afterwards!!! (..yes I'm jealous)

Nice to hear you had fun! 👍

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

31 minutes ago, edingc said:

Had the day off and was able to get 36 holes in over three different courses, playing nine and 18 in the morning and then another nine after lunch.

Lost a ton of strokes off the tee today (12 total) and was miserable inside of 100 yards. Hit the ball pretty well and had some great drives mixed in there, but losing 12 strokes due to penalties is just killer!

Was a beautiful, beautiful day for golf and got to spend most of the holes with my brother-in-law and in-laws.

Morning 9

- 42 / 40 ESC (+6)
- 3/8 FIR
- 5/9 GIR (1 birdie)
- 16 Putts (7 2-putts, 2 1-putts)

Had a nice birdie on No. 13, but snap hooked my drive out of bounds on No. 16 leading to a quadruple bogey.

Morning 18

- 46 / 46 = 92 / 91 ESC (+20)
- 10/16 FIR
- 6/18 GIR
- 30 Putts (1 3-putt, 11 2-putts, 5 1-putts, 1 par chip-in save)

I lost four balls off the tee, two snap hooks lost in the trees and tall grass and two balls to the water. 

We played The Falls at Barber Creek in Kent City, Michigan. Quite a trek for us, but the course is great. Greens were lightning fast. Proud of my putting as a result.

Afternoon 9

- 46 / 44 ESC (+10)
- 2/7 FIR
- 3/9 GIR (1 birdie)
- 19 Putts (2 3-putts, 6 2-putts, 1 1-putt)

Won't lie - was starting to get pretty tired after lunch. Two doubles and a quad hurt. Otherwise played five pretty good holes for par.

Not my best day playing golf by any stretch, but it was a lot of fun and very enjoyable.

The way your rounds have been going I got $100 bucks on sub 80

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!