TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

On 7/6/2021 at 12:48 PM, ncwoz said:

Very nice!! How'd you manage to get on at Blythefield CC? One of your group is a member I'm assuming? I drive by it on the way to my parents and have to wipe the drool off my mouth everytime...

I am very lucky that I have a few successful friends in my life that haven't forgotten their golf loving buddies 🙂 I hope I get to play again when there is not the threat of a downpour with each swing. 

:ping-small: Driver - 410 LST - 10.5 Degree - Stiff

:titelist-small: Tsi2 3 and 4 Hybrids - Fujikura Ventus 8S

:Sub70: 639 CB 5-7 - Nippon Modus Tour 120 Steel

:Sub70: 639 MB 8-PW - Nippon Modus Tour 120 Steel

:cleveland-small: RTX 3 Wedges - 50, 54, 58

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne Putter

:wilson-small: Duo Professional Ball

42/42 on a day that I just seemed to struggle making solid contact with my irons consistently.  Although I did hit some very nice iron shots, I had several occasions where I hit them fat.  As poorly as I felt that I played, the other 2 playing alongside me struggled even more.  We played 9s for a root beer after the round.  I didn't have to buy!  🙂  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

13 hours ago, azstu324 said:

Personally 110 is the absolute max that I can handle with dry heat. Anything more than that, I'm staying home. Phx/Desert golf in mid summer is definitely its own animal for sure and shouldn't be done without preparation. 

Here are the 3 things that I find I can't live without (Stu's Desert Golf Survival Kit) 😜

This is a 1 gallon double walled water jug. $25-$30 at Walmart. That's insanely cheap for a 1 gallon jug and the thing's a beast! I'll drink one of these + 2 - 32 oz bottles of Body Armor in a round. 

image.png.a71333c8ccd23ba95b0221e3a22624c4.png

Electrolytes.. and more specifically, these Trace Mineral drops. The bottle's kind of pricy but these are a lifesaver for me as I have a tendency to get pretty gnarly cramps after spending too much time in the high heat. I take these as a daily supplement in my water and they are far better than any electrolyte drink IMO. I'll hydrate the day before and also add about 50 drops to my gallon of water. The bottles lasts a good while so it's also worth the price. 

image.png.da621bfc15510ebb5662fecb799e5c07.png

Lastly, another life saver is the Chilly Pad by Frog Toggs. This is probably the best cooling towel that I've found. If you have a cart with an ice chest, just keep it in there in between uses and it's like air conditioning when you use it. Even without ice, it holds about 15* cooler temp than the air and that's a decent enough of a difference when you need it. 

image.png.6ca2352f9d01a581ede3568a47cb56d4.png

... I know you are a desert vet and I am a rookie but you are preachin' to the choir. 👍  Once we went to reverse osmosis years ago we started adding Trace Minerals to all our water since the osmosis process also strips the water of it's natural minerals. I have two 40oz bottles I bring on the course and keep a 3rd in the car for after the round if I run out. I should drink more of course and that is a goal that should not be too difficult in this heat. 

... I use a Mission Max Plus cooling towel from Dicks and it certainly helps! 

247294136_WaterBottles.jpg.8d65422f8ac003d082c3b87b10095b8b.jpg

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Frustrating day yesterday! 42 on the front 9, my best yet and thinking I could beat my 89 from a couple of weeks ago..

54 on the back 9 but I drove well, just lost a few silly shots which lead to a few bad holes. 

One highlight was the 7th where a good friend was doing some divot repairing on the fairway. Saw him as I was walking down the 6th and he joked that he would be out of range by the time I drove on the 7th. Cue a 260y hybrid to about 15 feet from where he was stood, then a lob wedge to 4 feet  😎

:cobra-small: RADSpeed 9° Matrix Black Tie X-Flex 🐺 

:cobra-small: F9 3/4 Wood Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 

:mizuno-small:CLK 19° Hybrid Speeder Evo HB S 

:mizuno-small: MP54 4-PW Nippon Modus³ Tour 115 X

:titleist-small: SM8 50° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 54° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 58° K-Grind 

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 

:titelist-small: AVX & -ProV1X

:footjoy-small: Tour-X 

"Hey mister, your clubs are the wrong way round"..

Overall pretty happy with my recent play, but still need to avoid the big mistakes. Last night was league night and I am a 2 (9 hole)handicap on this course.  

3/7 FW, 5/9 Greens, 14 putts,   40

Hole 1: only really bad tee shot, pushed tee shot right and had to pitch out.  Next shot  went over green. Pitched to 3 feet for bogey.  

Hole 2: tee shot to green side bunker.  Out to 18 feet,  lipped out par putt.

Hole 3: Tee shot in fairway,  second shot fat,  third to 22 feet, 3 footer for par

Hole 4: Tee shot to middle of green, 2 putts from 25 feet

Hole 5: Tee shot through the fairway,   Second to 1 foot, tap in birdie

Hole 6:  tee shot just off fairway, second to 40 feet, 2 putts for par

Hole 7: Tee shot through fairway,  chunk second into bunker, bunker shot goes 10 feet, pitch past hole and just off the green to 20 feet,  tap in double.  this hole was so frustrating and why I score so poorly!!!!!

Hole 8: Tee shot middle of fairway,  pushed 6 iron to edge of woods, pitched out but was in Deep rough with severe uphill lie,  barely got ball out, chipped to 1 foot.  Should have been an easy par, but second shot really hurt

Hole 9: Tee shot to middle of fairway, second to 10 feet,  2 puts for par.

As I look back at the round, I am hitting the ball pretty well and just hit a few shots a round that get result in the big scores.  Hole 7 became a mental lapse after I hit the poor second shot.  Can’t take double when you are 60 yards from the green and have a clear shot.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

8 hours ago, chisag said:

... I know you are a desert vet and I am a rookie but you are preachin' to the choir. 👍  Once we went to reverse osmosis years ago we started adding Trace Minerals to all our water since the osmosis process also strips the water of it's natural minerals. I have two 40oz bottles I bring on the course and keep a 3rd in the car for after the round if I run out. I should drink more of course and that is a goal that should not be too difficult in this heat. 

... I use a Mission Max Plus cooling towel from Dicks and it certainly helps! 

247294136_WaterBottles.jpg.8d65422f8ac003d082c3b87b10095b8b.jpg

You're steps ahead of most AZ golfers then. 

You'd be amazed at how many folks I meet who show up to play in 105°+ weather with nothing but a 32 oz bottle of Gatorade and think they can rely on beer to cover the rest of their hydration. And by hole 6 they're out of Gatorade and by hole 14 they can't figure out why beer isn't doing them any favors.. 🤦‍♂️

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

3 hours ago, edingc said:

Feel like @CarlH will get a kick out of this one...

1646682286_2021-07-0809_22_03-TheGrint_Score.png.8285af4f8003599948268208aedc7c80.png

Talk about ups and downs.

In fairness, it started down pouring on No. 3. I came prepared with my rain jacket and rain gloves, but by the end of the hole my gloves were already soaked through, my towels were soaked, and my jacket was soaked. I expected sprinkles but not heavy stuff.

Really struggled inside of 100 yards and that's pretty much responsible for the bad scores. Too many balls hit short or long of green. Also have been struggling when trying to punch shots back to the fairway because I'm trying to be greedy and advance the ball too far. No. 7's quad came after hitting a tree with a punch shot and losing the ball in the rough.

Still hit the ball really well despite the fluke holes.

Been there, done that, got the tee shirt!  😄 😄

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

3 hours ago, edingc said:

1646682286_2021-07-0809_22_03-TheGrint_Score.png.8285af4f8003599948268208aedc7c80.png

In fairness, it started down pouring on No. 3. I came prepared with my rain jacket and rain gloves, but by the end of the hole my gloves were already soaked through, my towels were soaked, and my jacket was soaked. I expected sprinkles but not heavy stuff.

Really struggled inside of 100 yards and that's pretty much responsible for the bad scores. Too many balls hit short or long of green. Also have been struggling when trying to punch shots back to the fairway because I'm trying to be greedy and advance the ball too far. No. 7's quad came after hitting a tree with a punch shot and losing the ball in the rough.

That score makes it all more impressive with that 9 and 8 too

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Played 18 yesterday and while I definitely faded on the back 9 (heat, no breeze, slow play, ... and plenty of other lame-o excuses for just plain losing focus and being stoopit) the front 9 was aallmmoooost good all the way through -- 

#1. PATTS (Par After Terrible Tee Shot);
#2. BATTS 😉 (Bogey After TTS);
#3. Bogey on short Par 3 after hitting tee shot long-left and fluffing the chip on;
#4. Par after a good tee shot on the #5 hcp hole (#3 hcp hole on front 9);
#5. Bogey on the next Par 3 after hit tee shot long-left again (d'oh!);
.. then...
#6. Tripled (ouch!) a longer Par 4 where I ... chunked a 65 yd approach (third shot), then fluffed the second chip on, then (oy!) 3-putted; 
.. then...
#7. Called out to my wife "Bounce-Back Hole!" .. which was a little, umm, audacious as I've typically made a complete and total mess out of this short Par 4 - I hit an "easy" hybrid to the left-center of the end of the fairway .. and an easy wedge to anywhere on the side of the green the flag was on .. and a good lag putt to easy tap-in range (yea!);
.. but then...
#8. Doubled a Par 5 (yuck) after pushing the tee shot into a long and deep fairway bunker from which I needed two attempts to get out and advance the ball, followed by a good enough approach to get it up by the green in the short right rough, followed by another just sloppy 3-putt (frowny face);
#9. another BATTS after tee shot faded right into some trees, found it and had a good punch-out (getting good at those), good approach hit the green but rolled though and off the back, good chip on close enough to the hole for a solid 1-putt.

Interestingly enough if you add it all up the Front 9 ended up at +9 or bogey (on average) golf -- which is kinda my goal, but -- obviously I'd like to be making less "Other" scores and more Bogeys. 

I've been playing from the forward Senior tees, so if I can keep getting more tee shots into play than not, and make more bogeys than other scores, I may start to move back to the regular White tees.

PS:
AND KEEP WORKING ON MY SHORT GAME TO REDUCE THE NUMBER OF RELATIVELY EASY SHOTS I KEEP THROWING AWAY!!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

3 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

That score makes it all more impressive with that 9 and 8 too

Haha, thanks! No. 3 was just a wild hole of stringing together bad shot after bad shot!

I had decided to change my strategy on a few holes this morning (6 iron instead of 4 hybrid on No. 2 tee - worked out with tap-in par) and took 4 hybrid instead of driver on No. 3 because I've been blocked out by trees even with good drives multiple times over the past few weeks. 

I didn't commit to the hybrid, nearly missed it completely and hit a moon ball short and in the right trees. Then the skies opened, so as I'm trying to get geared up and not get soaked, I lace a low punch too long across the fairway behind the trees on the left. At this point it's down pouring, and I have to punch out again, which catches the soaked rough and gets stuck 225 out. I managed to hit a low six iron (best shot of the hole) up to the drainage ditch before the green, then skull a 54 over the green onto the cart path. Take relief, completely short-sided, skull the ball with 58 back over the green to the front edge. Three-putt from like 50 feet because it's a huge breaking putt.

Nightmare of a hole, and I'm glad no one was watching! 😂

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

7 minutes ago, mikeanthony said:

At 40 years young, I finally got my first ace while on vacation at a course up in Maine ... Toddy Brook Golf Course.  

Was 188 out from the pin at their par 3 6th hole ... hit my 4i and we watched it sail on a line with a slight fade towards the pin. It’s a kidney shaped green, with the pin just over a crest towards the back right of the green. My buddy Johnathan and I couldn’t see the ball go in from where we were ... but we did joke about it being a hole in one on the drive up. 

My buddy’s tee shot was well short of the green, so I dropped him off and drove on up ... grabbed my putter and walked on up to the green, only to not see my ball anywhere on the putting surface. Turned and walked back to the cart to grab my SW, then walked back to the green just as Johnathan was coming up as well ... I suddenly could sense that this might the one. Johnathan got to the hole first and looked into the cup, but made a reaction that made me feel as though he was f’n with me. 

My eyes came over the cup as I walked up and when I saw the ball ... I lost my collective mind. And not only that, I was so overwhelmed with emotion that I started crying. 😭 LOL I was keeled over with my hands on my knees just trying to compose myself ... was even more meaningful for my buddy plays with my dad’s old and original Callaway Big Bertha irons. My old man took his life 16 years ago this month and it made it all that much more special to have Johnathan there with me. 

A surreal experience and wonderful memory. How I absolutely love this maddening game of golf. 

Cheers y’all. 🍻 

E5FF8714-049A-4B74-B024-C75FDD937C3A.jpeg

0E190503-2430-4F36-B6A8-6AACC1E593AF.jpeg

853FBBD6-22C0-42FB-A9BD-59C74FE27C82.jpeg

4088CFEB-7020-4547-8708-1D2F46291830.jpeg

12274E1B-DB26-47FF-BF4C-B5281F9B44E1.jpeg

That is awesome! Congratulations!

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

On 6/26/2021 at 9:04 AM, fixyurdivot said:

Maxfli Tour vs. Titleist AVX

Interesting - I'm leaning the other way (but am a higher handicapper vs you so maybe that's part of it..??).

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

10 minutes ago, edingc said:

Haha, thanks! No. 3 was just a wild hole of stringing together bad shot after bad shot!

I had decided to change my strategy on a few holes this morning (6 iron instead of 4 hybrid on No. 2 tee - worked out with tap-in par) and took 4 hybrid instead of driver on No. 3 because I've been blocked out by trees even with good drives multiple times over the past few weeks. 

I didn't commit to the hybrid, nearly missed it completely and hit a moon ball short and in the right trees. Then the skies opened, so as I'm trying to get geared up and not get soaked, I lace a low punch too long across the fairway behind the trees on the left. At this point it's down pouring, and I have to punch out again, which catches the soaked rough and gets stuck 225 out. I managed to hit a low six iron (best shot of the hole) up to the drainage ditch before the green, then skull a 54 over the green onto the cart path. Take relief, completely short-sided, skull the ball with 58 back over the green to the front edge. Three-putt from like 50 feet because it's a huge breaking putt.

Nightmare of a hole, and I'm glad no one was watching! 😂

Compounding. I have been able to mentally get passed wind (arccos has helped me alot with this) but rain is still a serious buzz kill for my rounds, 9 wouldnt have been my only 9 sounds like if I was with ya lol

Back to back pars though after that thats huge

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

4 hours ago, mikeanthony said:

At 40 years young, I finally got my first ace while on vacation at a course up in Maine ... Toddy Brook Golf Course.  

Was 188 out from the pin at their par 3 6th hole ... hit my 4i and we watched it sail on a line with a slight fade towards the pin. It’s a kidney shaped green, with the pin just over a crest towards the back right of the green. My buddy Johnathan and I couldn’t see the ball go in from where we were ... but we did joke about it being a hole in one on the drive up. 

My buddy’s tee shot was well short of the green, so I dropped him off and drove on up ... grabbed my putter and walked on up to the green, only to not see my ball anywhere on the putting surface. Turned and walked back to the cart to grab my SW, then walked back to the green just as Johnathan was coming up as well ... I suddenly could sense that this might the one. Johnathan got to the hole first and looked into the cup, but made a reaction that made me feel as though he was f’n with me. 

My eyes came over the cup as I walked up and when I saw the ball ... I lost my collective mind. And not only that, I was so overwhelmed with emotion that I started crying. 😭 LOL I was keeled over with my hands on my knees just trying to compose myself ... was even more meaningful for my buddy plays with my dad’s old and original Callaway Big Bertha irons. My old man took his life 16 years ago this month and it made it all that much more special to have Johnathan there with me. 

A surreal experience and wonderful memory. How I absolutely love this maddening game of golf. 

Cheers y’all. 🍻 

Man I'm still chasing my 1st Ace! Congrats brother! 

Now answer me this.. was it a Maltby that dropped that shot? 😛 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

2 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

Man I'm still chasing my 1st Ace! Congrats brother! 

... Congrats to mikeanthony! Like you azstu, I am still chasing my first ace as well. Ran across a charity hole to bet $1 and win $1k for an ace last week and I said "No thanks. But here is $1 for the next person that turns you down because they have a better chance than I do!" No use pi$$ing off the Golf Gods anymore than they are now. 🙄

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

8 hours ago, edingc said:

Great recovery. I would have blown up my round. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Cheers y’all. 🍻 

Congratulations!!

Got my one and only ace in my early 70’s so plenty of time for you to get more👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Cheers y’all. 🍻 

Congratulations!  Well done!  What was your bar tab?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

4 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Played 18 yesterday and while I definitely faded on the back 9 (heat, no breeze, slow play, ... and plenty of other lame-o excuses for just plain losing focus and being stoopit) the front 9 was aallmmoooost good all the way through -- 

#1. PATTS (Par After Terrible Tee Shot);
#2. BATTS 😉 (Bogey After TTS);
#3. Bogey on short Par 3 after hitting tee shot long-left and fluffing the chip on;
#4. Par after a good tee shot on the #5 hcp hole (#3 hcp hole on front 9);
#5. Bogey on the next Par 3 after hit tee shot long-left again (d'oh!);
.. then...
#6. Tripled (ouch!) a longer Par 4 where I ... chunked a 65 yd approach (third shot), then fluffed the second chip on, then (oy!) 3-putted; 
.. then...
#7. Called out to my wife "Bounce-Back Hole!" .. which was a little, umm, audacious as I've typically made a complete and total mess out of this short Par 4 - I hit an "easy" hybrid to the left-center of the end of the fairway .. and an easy wedge to anywhere on the side of the green the flag was on .. and a good lag putt to easy tap-in range (yea!);
.. but then...
#8. Doubled a Par 5 (yuck) after pushing the tee shot into a long and deep fairway bunker from which I needed two attempts to get out and advance the ball, followed by a good enough approach to get it up by the green in the short right rough, followed by another just sloppy 3-putt (frowny face);
#9. another BATTS after tee shot faded right into some trees, found it and had a good punch-out (getting good at those), good approach hit the green but rolled though and off the back, good chip on close enough to the hole for a solid 1-putt.

Interestingly enough if you add it all up the Front 9 ended up at +9 or bogey (on average) golf -- which is kinda my goal, but -- obviously I'd like to be making less "Other" scores and more Bogeys. 

I've been playing from the forward Senior tees, so if I can keep getting more tee shots into play than not, and make more bogeys than other scores, I may start to move back to the regular White tees.

PS:
AND KEEP WORKING ON MY SHORT GAME TO REDUCE THE NUMBER OF RELATIVELY EASY SHOTS I KEEP THROWING AWAY!!!

PATTS and BATTS are very good.  Keep it up!!

I would like to reduce my number of DBANTS (Double Bogey After Nice Tee Shot).   🤬

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

5 hours ago, mikeanthony said:

Cheers y’all. 🍻 

Congratulations! I love the photos, I think they capture the moment exceptionally well. 

26 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I would like to reduce my number of DBANTS (Double Bogey After Nice Tee Shot).   

Ha ha I can very definitely pull that one off myself 🤣

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Got rained out after 12 holes, but I was able to post the front nine, 47, getting a birdie on the par 5, 440 yard hole #9.  We only had 9 players today. Had several “Roger Mario’s” today with my driver, you know, dead yanks…..lol

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

After a great April with six $ winning rounds, and a horrible May and June, I finally had a decent nine yesterday. 45(bad)-39(decent). Took a lesson Monday, found out everything I was doing to get back on track was the exact opposite of what I needed - sound about right? Hopefully I’m turning a corner…

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

8 hours ago, mikeanthony said:

Cheers y’all. 🍻 

I got my first at 64. You’ll have a dozen more by then…

or not… fickle ain’t they?

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

So Tuesday I was a birdie machine, yesterday an 86, and today even par…

im a model of consistency!

good news is that I’m having flashes of good play again.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

2 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

So Tuesday I was a birdie machine, yesterday an 86, and today even par…

im a model of consistency!

good news is that I’m having flashes of good play again.

Hey you are around a pros score distribution. 😎

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

18 hours ago, mikeanthony said:

Cheers y’all. 🍻 

Congratulations!

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!