TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

16 hours ago, chisag said:

... Congrats to mikeanthony! Like you azstu, I am still chasing my first ace as well. Ran across a charity hole to bet $1 and win $1k for an ace last week and I said "No thanks. But here is $1 for the next person that turns you down because they have a better chance than I do!" No use pi$$ing off the Golf Gods anymore than they are now. 🙄

I got my first (and only one) after decades of play six weeks after knee replacement.  I'm not saying that you need to get a knee replaced, but.... LOL.  Seriously, I know a lot of really good players that never had a hole in one (including PGA club pros, and then there's the 30 handicap players that have had 5 or more.  Several years back, I witnessed a hole in one from a 24 handicapper that rattled it off the trees like a pinball wizard before it landed on the green and rolled in the hole for his ace.  He didn't even see it happen, but I did.  Too funny!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

3 hours ago, CarlH said:

I got my first (and only one) after decades of play six weeks after knee replacement.  I'm not saying that you need to get a knee replaced, but.... LOL.  Seriously, I know a lot of really good players that never had a hole in one (including PGA club pros, and then there's the 30 handicap players that have had 5 or more.  Several years back, I witnessed a hole in one from a 24 handicapper that rattled it off the trees like a pinball wizard before it landed on the green and rolled in the hole for his ace.  He didn't even see it happen, but I did.  Too funny!

My 3 aces have come about 8 years apart; so my next one will come in 4 years.  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

22 hours ago, azstu324 said:

Man I'm still chasing my 1st Ace! Congrats brother! 

Now answer me this.. was it a Maltby that dropped that shot? 😛 

That it was not! Was a 4i from my TM M1 set ... but the 7i-GW have been great. We’re on a 3 week vacation (with remote work thrown in) and I’m ready to get back home and order the TS2s to finish out the set. 

22 hours ago, chisag said:

Congrats to mikeanthony!

Thank you, sir! 

21 hours ago, Rickp said:

Congratulations!!

Got my one and only ace in my early 70’s so plenty of time for you to get more👍

Many thanks, Rick! And I certainly hope so! 

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

21 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Congratulations!  Well done!  What was your bar tab?

LOL! 🤣 We took a shot and got drinks at the turn and he covered the tab. He thought it was ridiculous that the drinks and tab were the hole in 1er’s responsibility. 😆 Additionally, there wasn’t another soul at the bar ... a quiet Wednesday in Yarmouth, ME I guess. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I know it’s not the same, but once back home, I’ll be buying drinks at my home course with my Sunday morning crew and whoever else is at the bar at that time. 

21 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Congratulations! I love the photos, I think they capture the moment exceptionally well.

Thanks man! My buddy told me to take my shades off to show my watery and swollen eyes. 😂 

Thanks @MattF and @Sluggo42

Edited by mikeanthony

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

It’s been over a week since posted here and for a great reason, I can’t hit a ball right now!!  Every part of my game is in the tank, even Bacon Boyz didn’t bring me back this morning. 
Occasionally I’ll hit a decent shot but follow it up with some POS next shot! 

OK I feel better…..this morning Bacon Boyz Exec 9 was pretty much same, no birds, couple Pars the rest Bogie’s. 
Monday playing tough 9 holer with the 3 best players in the group hopefully they’ll drag me up to there level.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

25 minutes ago, Rickp said:

It’s been over a week since posted here and for a great reason, I can’t hit a ball right now!!  Every part of my game is in the tank, even Bacon Boyz didn’t bring me back this morning. 
Occasionally I’ll hit a decent shot but follow it up with some POS next shot! 

OK I feel better…..this morning Bacon Boyz Exec 9 was pretty much same, no birds, couple Pars the rest Bogie’s. 
Monday playing tough 9 holer with the 3 best players in the group hopefully they’ll drag me up to there level.

We all get in a funk and can't hit the ball.  Just read posts from many members over the past few months.  It happens.  I blame the phase of the moon, but I have other excuses waiting.

Just remember... We attract to ourselves whatever we give our focus, energy and attention to.  Be negative about your game, and you will get more of it.  Forget the past, have fun and enjoy your round.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

We all get in a funk and can't hit the ball.  Just read posts from many members over the past few months.  It happens.  I blame the phase of the moon, but I have other excuses waiting.

Just remember... We attract to ourselves whatever we give our focus, energy and attention to.  Be negative about your game, and you will get more of it.  Forget the past, have fun and enjoy your round.

Normally, I'm in a funk ... sometimes, the stars align and my game clicks.  Then, back to the funk.  :). 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

1 minute ago, CarlH said:

Normally, I'm in a funk ... sometimes, the stars align and my game clicks.  Then, back to the funk.  :). 

if that’s the case, then my game is:

image.gif.ece3244ff61996e3efee85f354e8b8a7.gif

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Started me on 10, worked our way through the back.  Then the starter put us on 4, then looped us back around….

I had been hitting the driver terrible all day. My wife must have noticed, she’s never been out with me before… I came to hole 1 and she said, NO!  When I pulled the head cover off the driver.  She said hit the 3 wood… then this happened.  

Don’t mind the chunked 58°, I took an Alaska sized divot, I didn’t realize how soft it was where my ball ended up.  Longest drive of the day, and longest ever with the Henrik.

F5AA381B-1C63-4E4E-9E2D-F9143956738F.jpeg

2 minutes ago, TBS said:

First off this morning at my course. Started out with a 3 putt and the front 9 was scrambling. Finshed strong on the back though. Had 3 lip outs for birdies. 

Oxmoor Valley - Ridge 

84- 44/40; 9 GIR; 7 FIR; 35 putts

Funny story - watched a hawk pick up my golf ball off the fairway. I chased after it and the ball was eventually dropped. Never thought I would actually see that happen. Good start to a friday.

It's good luck... in Haiti.  😂

23 minutes ago, Curtis Atkinson said:

Room to improve: Something I realized about midway through the round is that I may need to get SLIGHTLY more aggressive going after pins. Especially on these courses where the greens are HUGE compared to other courses I've been playing. Previously I could play for the middle of each green and be left with a decent putt. Here there are some greens where if the flag is tucked deep one side, and I play for my miss on the other but hit it well, I could be left with a 50 yard putt. On the back 9 I started trying to make adjustments to still play to the bigger areas of the green, but trust more my ability to get somewhat close and saw that paying off. 

Be careful with this. Not only could that lead to more misses but could mess with your mental game if you aren’t keeping good expectations. Especially if you are hitting longer clubs into greens, your dispersion circle will be higher. I’d personally rather have a 80ft putt as a GIR than a 10yrd bunker shot to the pin. 

Good score BTW. Way to get over your nemesis hole!

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Got 3 hours sleep last night with Baby doing bay things.

subsequently played like absolute ass so gave up on the scorecard, accepted my medal entry fee as a donation and went fun shot hunting. Had 3 birdies, an eagle on a par 4, two 9s on a par 4s and three doubles. 

Drive the green on a blind downhill dogleg over water to here, will be honest… not doing it again. 

B4CF5998-0B3D-424B-A9F0-23D9DAA67DA5.jpeg

"C'mon be good"

2 hours ago, PMookie said:

79 (37/42). Five over in the last 6 holes, one being a double. Frustrating. Tried the AVX, @Shankster, and hit a couple bombs with it. I really liked the hit and stop on the greens, but I’d like a little more height out of it. I played it exclusively a couple years ago, so I’ll keep giving it a try.

It grows on you.

4 hours ago, Ethan21 said:

Just got finished here at wine valley golf course. I didn’t golf great, I hit a 87.

70505EBF-337D-4F16-BDAE-472596B5DAC4.jpeg

I haven't made it over there yet this year.  Since they have NO trees, I'm waiting for cooler weather.  Chris the pro at WV used to live near me; his mom lived across the street from me in Kennewick before I moved to Richland.

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I haven't made it over there yet this year.  Since they have NO trees, I'm waiting for cooler weather.  Chris the pro at WV used to live near me; his mom lived across the street from me in Kennewick before I moved to Richland.

Hey man, if I didn’t have family playing I would have invited you, such a good course… I wish I was able to play it better. Some of my drives were just so far right I didn’t have a plan to fix the shot. Of course the greens were fast and I fortunately got lucky with some shots. 

Edited by Ethan21
  • Driver: Taylormade Stealth 9* 
  • Woods: Cobra LTDx 14.5*
  • Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 3 Hybrid
  • Irons: Taylormade P770 4-PW
  • Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 60* and 56*, SM8 50*
  • Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Select 1.5

22 hours ago, rbsiedsc said:

Be careful with this. Not only could that lead to more misses but could mess with your mental game if you aren’t keeping good expectations. Especially if you are hitting longer clubs into greens, your dispersion circle will be higher. I’d personally rather have a 80ft putt as a GIR than a 10yrd bunker shot to the pin. 

Good score BTW. Way to get over your nemesis hole!

Oh for sure. For the record I'm not going to be out there firing at pins like Tiger on Sunday. More that instead of mindlessly aiming for the center of the green every time, taking a look at location and picking a target that's at a large area that might be closer to the pin, especially from tighter in. For instance one green is 79 yards deep and has spots where it narrows and widens along it. Rather than just hit for the middle if the pin is all the way up front, I'll aim for the middle part of that front portion. 

Driver: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi2 9.0* w/ Tensei blue stiff shaft // 3 Wood: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi3 15* Tensei white stiff shaft

Hybrid: default_taylormade-small.jpg.e85cafcb95032f919dfafeb5fd18ac1e.jpg GAPR Hi 3h

Irons: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg T300 4-PW + 48* & 53*w/ KBS tour stiff

Wedge: default_cleveland-small.jpg.5931429dde47ec5093bb94bc9d38f8b5.jpg CBX2 58*10

Putter: KS1

Ball: Srixon Z-star // Bag: default_ping-small.jpg.2da16be6ff3360b3177f4439c6c6288b.jpg DLX

12 hours ago, cnosil said:

Played pretty terrible today;  struggled off the tee and a little with the irons; and lost about 6 balls.   score wasn't even kept on the back nice.   Only redeeming factor was I had good company with @Jmikecpa

The company was certainly better than the golf.  I actually hit it better than I thought I would after the layoff. Some things to work on but not too far off. 

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

On 7/9/2021 at 2:29 PM, Kenny B said:

My 3 aces have come about 8 years apart; so my next one will come in 4 years.  😂

A friend of mine has two aces.  One was two days before his birthday, the other (which I witnessed) was two days after his birthday.  

Every year in late May (his bday is June 4), he starts to wonder if this will be time for number three.  🙂

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

21 hours ago, PMookie said:

79 (37/42). Five over in the last 6 holes, one being a double. Frustrating. Tried the AVX, @Shankster, and hit a couple bombs with it. I really liked the hit and stop on the greens, but I’d like a little more height out of it. I played it exclusively a couple years ago, so I’ll keep giving it a try.

Noooooo!!!  Save yourself!  Don't give in to the Dark Side!

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft