Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played at home but it wasn't golf. 6+ inches of rain this past week. Didn't keep score hit the ball pretty well, legit birdie on 18. Lost 5 balls just because of plugs in the rough.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

6 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

being at sea level

The few times I've been to Myrtle Beach, that struck me too. Not like Ohio is high elevation, but the difference is just enough to cause problems.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

5 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

So my plans to play three rounds in Myrtle Beach last week didn't work out very well. Went to play with Bid Stu on Monday. Got to the course and the rain came down for 20 minutes. Once it stopped the sun came out but the owners decided to close the course. So Big Stu and I chatted for a while but never got to play. 

Tuesday my resort got me a tee time at Beachwood at a discounted rate. The course wasn't up to MB standards in my opinion. Bare spots on tee boxes, crab grass in fairways, compacted sand traps. I played back a set of tees to play with the group I was paired with. Had a tough time with the thicker humidity and being at sea level and was short a lot on approaches. No matterhowmany timesitold myself to club up one, i didn't listen to myself. Wound up with an 80.  But met a bunch of nice guys and had a good time. 

Thursday was going to go back down and play with Big Stu but teen drama struck. I had to stick around and keep the girls in check. They met some boys and one of our chaperones left Thursday morning. Headed back to TN Friday morning.

Got to play my home course today. Three bogies and four birdies for a 70. Back on track. Hit 100 percent of the fairways. 

We have 2 now grown daughters and 3 teenage granddaughters (19,17 &16) so We know the ALL about the Drama😱

Too bad you didn’t get to play with Big Stu, I think tat would be a blast!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

21 hours ago, rbsiedsc said:

Golf gods giveth, golf gods taketh away.

There is nothing in golf that is more true...

And speaking of that, I will now recount my tale of disgust from the weekend...

I played my usual Friday afternoon round with mi amigos.  Doubled one hole with a three putt, bogeyed the last after missing a reasonably straightforward putt, for a 77.  This is par 71, but it's rated 69.0/122, so it's essentially playing to my 7.x index.

Afterwards, I commented how this was getting to be a recurring theme.  Seven of my best eight scores in GHIN are 77 or 78.  Of course, my buddies give me considerable crap for this, as buddies do, LOL.  Felt like I was maybe turning a corner, if I could eliminate the whiskey tango foxtrots in my rounds, maybe I could nudge that a bit better.

The golf gods were listening.  Saturday and Sunday was the Member-Member two man event in the Men's Club.  Saturday, I shot a scintillating 84, including a 30 degrees to the right blocked tee shot into OB Land.  Sunday, I shot a crowd pleasing 89, that was adjusted to 87 for posting purposes.

Yes, the golf gods hath spoken.  

I must now lay a burnt offering of old tees and cart path scuffed golf balls at the altar of the golf gods to seek their forgiveness...

\

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

3 minutes ago, NRJyzr said:

I must now lay a burnt offering of old tees and cart path scuffed golf balls at the altar of the golf gods to seek their forgiveness...

Only a sacrificed pro v1 into the water can save you now!

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

6 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Only a sacrificed pro v1 into the water can save you now!

If I can substitute a TP5, I'll give it a go  🙂

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

I recently had been struggling with my driver, so I added lead tape and it really helped me square up the face. I am still adjusting to playing a fade, but this weekend it started feeling more natural and my ball striking really improved from the confidence. I just had 4 blow up holes, where I just can not commit to a target, and the penalties really added up. It gets discouraging seeing the handicap rise, but I am confident that I am really close to breaking through.  Anyways, the round had a lot of positives, and really good learning moments. This week on the practice areas I am really going to work on picking a target, committing to it, and then executing the shot.  

Score 87

GIR 33%

FIR 64%

Putts 31 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

1 hour ago, cjeffs12 said:

I recently had been struggling with my driver, so I added lead tape and it really helped me square up the face. I am still adjusting to playing a fade, but this weekend it started feeling more natural and my ball striking really improved from the confidence.

I recently did the same with my D7 and it's really helped out a lot. Well, at the range at least! My last round the driving started out good but went downhill... but starting good was a change because it's been starting bad right from the first tee box. Glad to hear your confidence is going up with the big stick!

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

34 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

I recently did the same with my D7 and it's really helped out a lot. Well, at the range at least! My last round the driving started out good but went downhill... but starting good was a change because it's been starting bad right from the first tee box. Glad to hear your confidence is going up with the big stick!

Oh yeah, it took me a couple range sessions and a couple rounds for my FIR to go back up above 60%. Getting off to a good start is very promising, and I’m sure in time the rest of the round will improve shortly. 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

39 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Monday morning Exec 9 at course next to our house.  Friday saw the crew too dressing the greens and hoped it wouldn’t be too bad….wrong, greens were horrible.  
I was hitting the ball pretty good but putting was ridiculous.  Figured I would work on Tempo so all was not lost.3444B89F-BA67-4B4B-A06F-EFC8EF54740A.jpeg.f40a6810d9be1e3c00156ed63b62923c.jpeg

That’s an automatic two-putt right? 

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

1 minute ago, HeathS16 said:

That’s an automatic two-putt right? 

We tried putting but was beyond stupid. No one kept score, I was watching my FIR & GIR.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

We tried putting but was beyond stupid. No one kept score, I was watching my FIR & GIR.

Yea that looks no fun...bummer. Hope they heal up soon! 

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

19 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

So my plans to play three rounds in Myrtle Beach last week didn't work out very well. Went to play with Bid Stu on Monday. Got to the course and the rain came down for 20 minutes. Once it stopped the sun came out but the owners decided to close the course. So Big Stu and I chatted for a while but never got to play. 

Tuesday my resort got me a tee time at Beachwood at a discounted rate. The course wasn't up to MB standards in my opinion. Bare spots on tee boxes, crab grass in fairways, compacted sand traps. I played back a set of tees to play with the group I was paired with. Had a tough time with the thicker humidity and being at sea level and was short a lot on approaches. No matterhowmany timesitold myself to club up one, i didn't listen to myself. Wound up with an 80.  But met a bunch of nice guys and had a good time. 

Thursday was going to go back down and play with Big Stu but teen drama struck. I had to stick around and keep the girls in check. They met some boys and one of our chaperones left Thursday morning. Headed back to TN Friday morning.

Got to play my home course today. Three bogies and four birdies for a 70. Back on track. Hit 100 percent of the fairways. 

I'm glad you were able to meet @BIG STU, I can only imagine the stories both of y'all told. I do hate you weren't able to play a round together, I bet that would have been a blast! It's one of my goals to make it out to SC, as I'd love to meet both Stu and @JohnSmalls. Don't know when it'll happen, but I'm bound and determined to.

I'm glad you made it home safely and it sounds like you had a pretty good time, too. Well, except for the teen drama. 

Bay Harbor round from yesterday.  My dad and I did a scramble to make the round not last 6 years.

The front 9, we used all of my shots… 🤦🏼‍♂️ +5, parkland course

The back 9, we used all but 3 of my shots, -2, faux links.  Lots of 3 iron off the tee.  The one time I used my 3 wood, I hit it too far, and it went into Lake Michigan… the other two were my last name… wedges again, 85° sideways, no idea what that crap was all about.  Luckily those just happened to be my dads best shots of the day.

3 hours ago, Rickp said:

Monday morning Exec 9 at course next to our house.  Friday saw the crew too dressing the greens and hoped it wouldn’t be too bad….wrong, greens were horrible.  
I was hitting the ball pretty good but putting was ridiculous.  Figured I would work on Tempo so all was not lost.3444B89F-BA67-4B4B-A06F-EFC8EF54740A.jpeg.f40a6810d9be1e3c00156ed63b62923c.jpeg

These are the greens you play when you REEEAAALLLLYYY want to get out of the house 🙂

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/