TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

36 minutes ago, HeathS16 said:

Yea that looks no fun...bummer. Hope they heal up soon! 

Took that course out of my Request List for a couple weeks.  Tomorrow course greens are decent.

4 minutes ago, bens197 said:

These are the greens you play when you REEEAAALLLLYYY want to get out of the house 🙂

Yup…..

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Today's play was horrid.

I played the OK VGA State Championship today and had high hopes of playing well, even if I didn't qualify for the Regional tournament.

I shot a 94 with 1 birdie, 4 pars, 7 bogies, 4 doubles, 2 quads, and partridge in a pear tree.

Only hit 2 fairways all day and just 6 GIR.  Throw in 36 putts (three 3 jacks) and it's bound to be a bad day.

Still had a great day.  One of my playing partners shot a +1 or +2 and holed out for eagle from 82y on the 2nd hole we played.  Was fun to watch a very solid round even if I wasn't the one swinging the clubs.

I think I'm gonna take about a month off now and try to get rid of my golfer's elbow.

WITB:

Taylormade SIM2 Max 9° w/ UST ProForce V2 5F3 @ 45"

Callaway Epic Speed 4wd w/ AccuFLEX Evolution Reg

Dynacraft Genesis 3 hybrid w/ Steelfiber i95r

Srixon ZX5 4-6 and ZX7 7-GW w/ UST Recoil 95 F4 soft stepped once

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54/10 w/ Recoil 95 F4 shaft

Cleveland RTX-4 58/03 w/ Recoil 95 F4 9i shaft

Odyssey SL EXO Marxman

Pondering:

Nothing at the moment

In the locker:

Too much to list

Played in the qualifiers for the club championship at the weekend. 

The Saturday for probably the hardest I've seen the course, gusting 25-30mph fairways and greens hard. Greens running fast with interesting pin positions. Lost 3 balls, couple of penalty drops for and 84 nett 78. Nearly NR'd 3 times and wasn't going to play the 2nd round, playing partners kept me going.

Sunday the wind had dropped so played a lot easier but missed 4 from 3 feet and a mind blip at 15 for an 82 nett 76.

Top 16 scratch and the remaining top 16 nett qualify for the knockouts. I was 2 strokes out on the handicap at 49th so will have to wait for next year.

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

Tuesday 9 hole group.  Yea we had greens this morning 👍.

Driver & irons were right in this morning, only used TSI2 Driver and it was finding fareways, in fact all of them!  Course was wet from last night rain so CPO.  The TSI2 was getting great carry so last of roll wasn’t hurting.  Putting was the problem, couldn’t read m the line even if “Lewis and Clark” were helping, missed 3 birdies and 2 of them from under 3’.  My irons were talking trash about me behind my back. Anyway +3 and back at it tomorrow.

Rick

Left Hand, 

First round in with the new irons yesterday 👍.  Started with a large bucket to get some initial feel and nuisances of the ZX5's and MMT80 shafts.  Overall a good start but might be overpowering the new shafts (84g vs. 98g) a whisker.  I had to really focus on tempo; particularly the transition. I shot a 41/43 at Beaverhead GC with basically a wholesale bag change as this included the new ER5v putter.  The only familiar friend was the Glide 2.0 56/12.

Initial findings are that distances are quite similar to the G410's - maybe picking up 2-3 yards and more so on the shorter irons.  This is most likely the slight increase in ball speeds seen in the LM numbers since the lofts are the same. Still a bit too early to know for certain, but ball flight alley looks tighter.  Definitely not as forgiving as the G410's on mishits but also not excessively punishing. My contact zone was pretty darn centered 6i-AW and a little loose on the 4i and 5i.  I need to work on these a bit as the shaft change may simply be more noticeable/challenging on the longer lengths.

SD on the 8i-AW was great, yielding very consistent carry distance.  This got progressively worse back to the 4i and I think that will improve as I get the timing with these grooved... or at least I hope so.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Played Pebble Creek Sunday…..back nine first, shot 42/39:81 or do you say 39/42:81 as I got the 39 on the front nine……lol

FIR 11/14….79%

GIR 6/18….33%

Up & Down 45%

putts 32

My partner shot 39/41:80…..

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Played Plantation Palms, shooting 44/45:89

FIR 11/14 79%

GIR 5/18 28%

36 Putts

strokes Gained -1.15 versus 15 hcaps

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Boy oh boy did I play terrible this weekend. However my excuse is that I took my five year old out for the first time and I was to busy enjoying watching him cheat as he put the ball a foot away from the hole and ended up three putting. Don't worry buddy we've all been there.

• Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 8° Accra FX2.0 250 M4
  • PXG 5 wood turned 4 wood hzrd black
  • PXG 3 Hybrid hzrd black
  • Taylormade 2019 P790's KBS Tour S 4-5
  • PXG 0211 ST 6-GW
  • Vokey 54/58° sm8 
  • Mizuno Mcraft 3

1 hour ago, fozcycle said:

Played Plantation Palms, shooting 44/45:89

FIR 11/14 79%

GIR 5/18 28%

36 Putts

strokes Gained -1.15 versus 15 hcaps

It appears that Plantation Palms plays a little harder than Pebble Creek, or are you less familiar with the course?   Scores should come down when you start playing it all the time.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

8 hours ago, Kenny B said:

It appears that Plantation Palms plays a little harder than Pebble Creek, or are you less familiar with the course?   Scores should come down when you start playing it all the time.

Thanks KennyB….Well, it is 400 yards longer from the Senior Tees(gold) and 150 yards longer from the Super Senior Tees(Green).  I play Senior Tees Tuesday & Thursday then the Super Senior Tees on Saturday. The Ghin handicap is 2 strokes between Gold & Green plus 2 strokes between Pebble and Plantation Palms from the gold tees.  Add in familiarity and yes it is a bit harder.  I have played it on Tuesdays last year so I am getting familiar with it.  It will be my club starting August.

8:00 am Tee Time, humidity not bad , slight breeze, greens recently too dressed but rolling decent and quick.
Bad, stupid bogies 1st 2 holes with one ball that drowned itself because it didn’t like the drive!  After that woke up!!  Killin the Driver TSI2, irons great, putter still spotty with 1 Bird (missed 2 that were makeable).  Ended up +2, 38.  Can’t whine about that.

Had a conversation with group in front of us while waiting on Tee.  2 of the guys had brand new full sets of PXG!!  They said the clubs were great.  Got a chance to watch them Tee Off, ummm should have spent some money on lessons 1st.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Bad, stupid bogies 1st 2 holes with one ball that drowned itself because it didn’t like the drive!  After that woke up!!  

Had a conversation with group in front of us while waiting on Tee.  2 of the guys had brand new full sets of PXG!!  They said the clubs were great.  Got a chance to watch them Tee Off, ummm should have spent some money on lessons 1st.  

... Yup, I think we all prefer the GOOD stupid bogies. 🤣 

... I play with some higher index Asian guys and 2 of them bought PXG. Said it was a complete waste of money and they shoulda used the $ for lessons. One sold his and is back in TaylorMade M4 irons. The other said it doesn't matter what irons he plays because he either hits it well or very poorly so he is keeping his. I get so sick of hearing that obnoxious loudmouth during every TV telecast, even LPGA events. And I am not talking about the Bob Parsons (everything I hear and read says he is a good guy) but his LOUD commercial persona that to me at least represents everything I dislike about modern golf from driving carts onto the fringe, playing music at a level the entire course can hear, drinking to excess, can't be b bothered to rapier divots or ball marks and playing at their own pass ... s-l-o-w. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

3 hours ago, Rickp said:

I liked the irons quite a bit.  I wasn't particularly enamored with the Driver, fairway woods, or hybrids.  People raved about the Sugar Daddy wedges, but I didn't find them significantly superior to any other wedges that I've hit, but to be fair, I only hit them on the range and not on a green which would be a better indicator.  Never tried any of their putters.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

5 minutes ago, CarlH said:

I liked the irons quite a bit.  I wasn't particularly enamored with the Driver, fairway woods, or hybrids.  People raved about the Sugar Daddy wedges, but I didn't find them significantly superior to any other wedges that I've hit, but to be fair, I only hit them on the range and not on a green which would be a better indicator.  Never tried any of their putters.

I’m very curious about them.  I’ve never seen any LH in the wild.  
I think it’s like all others, “not for everyone”.   @Fozcylce is happy with his Driver.

Rick

Left Hand, 

3 minutes ago, silver & black said:

I played like s**t tonight on league. I shot 49 for 9 holes. I don't want to use this as an excuse but, my head isn't in golf right now. I have to put my buddy of 14.5 years down on Friday. It's killing me.

So sorry to hear about your buddy. I just went through the same thing. He came into our life on Memorial Day 13 years ago and left us on Memorial Day.  I still look for him to greet me when I get home. It still stings. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

I’m very curious about them.  I’ve never seen any LH in the wild.  
I think it’s like all others, “not for everyone”.   @Fozcylce is happy with his Driver.

I didn't "dislike" the driver....just didn't see it as any better than my current driver.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

1 hour ago, silver & black said:

I played like s**t tonight on league. I shot 49 for 9 holes. I don't want to use this as an excuse but, my head isn't in golf right now. I have to put my buddy of 14.5 years down on Friday. It's killing me.

Sorry.  I know how difficult these times are!  Golf was the last thing on your mind!

1 hour ago, silver & black said:

Ugh. SO sorry to hear that….

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Home course still in s*** condition from all the rain last week. Last tune up before my first tournament. Hit the ball fine, chipping and putting saved me. Ready to rock.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Had my best 9 holes ever. Shot a 47. It included a 30 foot putt for par on the first hole. 451 yard par 5. The shot that keeps me coming back though was my shot from the right rough from 172 yards over a tree and 2 putted for par.

The shot that brings ya back.

IMG_4245.jpg.e562ecfb35007c3eb269afb6118c9a19.jpg

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

20 hours ago, silver & black said:

Sorry to hear that @silver & black. Thoughts and prayers for you!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

2 bad holes today.  Took a double on a par 5 and a triple on a par 4 on the back 9.  Otherwise played decent golf ... 37/43 (80 adjusted to 79 for posting).  One birdie on the front.

The first of 3 vacation rounds yesterday at Foxfire - Red Course in NC. Heck of a deal for $28. The course was in pretty good shape I don't need it perfect, I just want greens that can hold a 5 iron or lower. The round started iffy. Bogeyed the second hole after hitting into the water, and I was trying to play it safe. Overall I hit 72% of greens and 64% of fairways. the course played 6300 yards. i don't need to play the longest tees. Final score was 74, with 2 birdies. 33 total putts. I've been happy that I have been consciously trying to hit a fade. As a result, I have had better chances at hitting greens, and my scores have started to go down.

IMG_2612[1].PNG

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 7.1 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: image.png.2a9745c9eca1e1dcd4c3ecfd5b2823e3.png Epic speed 9 degree

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small:  Epic speed 15 degree or image.png.188f225bd9daa89b3976cdaa079d23d0.png PT15

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: OG Rossie

image.png