Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

1 hour ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

How is a grain silo NOT a man made object and therefore subject to 1 club legenth free relief?

54 minutes ago, PankaGolf said:

My thoughts. 

Same here.  Immovable man made obstruction.  Not unlike the grandstands at PGA events?

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

- 37/42 = 79 (+7)
- 6/15 FIR
- 8/18 GIR (1 birdie)
- 33 Putts (1 4-putt 😳, 12 2-putts, 5 1-putts)

Another excellent round swinging the club, just couldn't hold it together through the whole back. Was cruising until I got on the green on the par 5 No. 14 hole. From 30 feet I sent my putt about 10 feet past the hole, missed the come backer about 2 feet past. As I was about to take my third stroke, my phone rang and instead of backing off, I tried to quickly finish the hole. Four putt! 

My short game didn't do me many favors and cost me a few strokes again. I just don't have a lot of confidence inside of 75 yards or around the green at the moment. But, a few putts just missed. If I get the putts to drop some round I'm going to be really, really happy.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Stunk it up big time in league 9 hole match play last night. I only won two holes for my partner (I'm a sub), but on the rest of the holes I was in the water twice and I think I hit every bunker on the course. Ended up with a horrible 52. We did win the match 3/2. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

3 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Stunk it up big time in league 9 hole match play last night. I only won two holes for my partner (I'm a sub), but on the rest of the holes I was in the water twice and I think I hit every bunker on the course. Ended up with a horrible 52. We did win the match 3/2. 

A wins a win!

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

8 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

So, here’s what’s been going on…

I took a lesson two days after the post above this, then found out my instructor passed away suddenly two nights later.

That was the straw that broke the camel’s back. He was more than a teacher to me, he’d become a friend. After our final lesson we sat in a cart and talked about life for almost an hour. Then in mere hours, he was gone. I’m fortunate to live in a beautiful community with 4 excellent golf courses, but after all I’d told you about the state of my game, and then his passing, I needed to put the clubs away for a while.

I finally got back out last Saturday. Shot 38 on the front, followed by 49 on the back. Played again Tuesday, 41 on the front(with a quad!!!) and again crashed on the back with a 51.

That tells me to things. I still have “game” somewhere inside me, but I’m either unable to stay focused or strong enough physically to finish a round in the heat wave we’ve been going through down here. Neither is good, and yet to be honest, I find myself not caring enough right now either way.

Ive always competed hard in sports. Played baseball through college, and hoops in high school. I took up golf very late, but loved the competition of playing in leagues and local events. For some reason that fire just isn’t there right now, and I feel like I’m going through the motions out there.

Those of you who work, and really look forward to your weekly game probably can’t relate to what I’m talking about, but I’m wondering if any of you retired guys who play 3 or mor times a week have ever experienced the same feeling?

Man I’m sorry to hear about your coach. Golf is more mental than anything. I have a competitive fire like you and there were times I wanted to quit. Then I remembered in golf, there are many other things to enjoy. Being outside. Teeing off to a beautiful sunrise. All the birds chirping and animals running around. The smell of fresh cut grass. The enjoyment of sharing those good moments, and funny ones with others. Hang in there. A lot of us have been there, maybe not as extreme as your situation turned. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

21 minutes ago, NRJyzr said:

Same here.  Immovable man made obstruction.  Not unlike the grandstands at PGA events?

I thought they got relief from those because they are temporary man made.  I thought permanent structures were treated differently.... 

like the man made permanent wall at the road hole by the green, i never saw anyone get free relief when their backswing was impeded there, a few turned around and played a bank shot off the wall because they had no backswing.  

is that treated differently for some reason?  I'm not a rules scholar by any means so I could be wrong.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

26 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

I thought they got relief from those because they are temporary man made.  I thought permanent structures were treated differently.... 

like the man made permanent wall at the road hole by the green, i never saw anyone get free relief when their backswing was impeded there, a few turned around and played a bank shot off the wall because they had no backswing.  

is that treated differently for some reason?  I'm not a rules scholar by any means so I could be wrong.

A cart path is a permanent obstruction too, and we are allowed free relief from that. I'm not the absolute rules expert, but I think the only man-made obstruction, permanent or temporary, that one does not provide free relief is a fence denoting out of bounds. Maybe the road hole wall fits into this category.

Take Dead Aim

3 hours ago, tchat07 said:

Alright before I get excited about my round yesterday I have a rules question. Hit a tee shot that took an unlucky bounce and settled nicely next to a grain silo. The silo impeded my ability to swing, is there a penalty for the drop?

I'll reference our local rules expert @DaveP043 but here is my take.    Need more information about the silo.    Based on rule 16 you get free relief from abnormal course conditions which includes things you find on the course and are not designed to interfer with your play and are not boundaries like fences or walls.   This would include things like yardage markers, sprinkler heads, electrical panels, and pump houses;  things that are on the course for a reason.     The silo isn't something you put on the course normally and would be like a house in a golf course community.  I am guessing that is it technically off course property (surprised there weren't any markings).   My guess is that the ruling would be unplayable lie and you can the follow the appropriate relief rules.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

15 minutes ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

A cart path is a permanent obstruction too, and we are allowed free relief from that. I'm not the absolute rules expert, but I think the only man-made obstruction, permanent or temporary, that one does not provide free relief is a fence denoting out of bounds. Maybe the road hole wall fits into this category.

You're right about Boundary Objects, you don't get relief from them.  Its also acceptable for a Committee to define artificial objects on a course as Integral Objects, and you don't get relief from Integral Objects.  A couple of examples include stone walls crossing the course at North Berwick, and both Granny Clark's Wynd across 18 and the actual road on 17 at the Old Course.  I'm not sure if that wall on 17 is a Boundary Object or an Integral Object.

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

I'll reference our local rules expert @DaveP043 but here is my take.    Need more information about the silo.    Based on rule 16 you get free relief from abnormal course conditions which includes things you find on the course and are not designed to interfer with your play and are not boundaries like fences or walls.   This would include things like yardage markers, sprinkler heads, electrical panels, and pump houses;  things that are on the course for a reason.     The silo isn't something you put on the course normally and would be like a house in a golf course community.  I am guessing that is it technically off course property (surprised there weren't any markings).   My guess is that the ruling would be unplayable lie and you can the follow the appropriate relief rules.  

I believe that in general the silo on the golf course would be an Immovable Obstruction, and you'd qualify for free relief if it impacts your stance or area of your intended swing.  You would NOT get relief if the silo was not on the golf course, i.e. if it's located out of bounds, or if your ball is in a penalty area (16.1a(2)).

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

1 minute ago, DaveP043 said:

You're right about Boundary Objects, you don't get relief from them.  Its also acceptable for a Committee to define artificial objects on a course as Integral Objects, and you don't get relief from Integral Objects.  A couple of examples include stone walls crossing the course at North Berwick, and both Granny Clark's Wynd across 18 and the actual road on 17 at the Old Course.  I'm not sure if that wall on 17 is a Boundary Object or an Integral Object.

I believe that in general the silo on the golf course would be an Immovable Obstruction, and you'd qualify for free relief if it impacts your stance or area of your intended swing.  You would NOT get relief if the silo was not on the golf course, i.e. if it's located out of bounds, or if your ball is in a penalty area (16.1a(2)).

Here's the guy we needed. Thanks Dave!

Take Dead Aim

Well, I think I cursed myself by saying that my game was rounding out nicely for the league championships coming up in a few weeks. The wheels literally fell off on all facets of the game this past week. The driver was hit or miss, The irons were okay but the short game totally abandoned me. All I can do is shake my head put the sticks down for a few days and regroup! I just wasn't feeling the swing this week and I knew the round was not going to go as well as I had hoped. There's always next week. Lol

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

9 minutes ago, MDGolfHacker said:

Well, I think I cursed myself by saying that my game was rounding out nicely for the league championships coming up in a few weeks. The wheels literally fell off on all facets of the game this past week. The driver was hit or miss, The irons were okay but the short game totally abandoned me. All I can do is shake my head put the sticks down for a few days and regroup! I just wasn't feeling the swing this week and I knew the round was not going to go as well as I had hoped. There's always next week. Lol

MDGolfHacker

I've found that, in golf, as soon as you say "I got it!", you don't.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

42 minutes ago, CarlH said:

I've found that, in golf, as soon as you say "I got it!", you don't.

The golf gods can be capricious    😈

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

I live in Barefoot Resort in N. Myrtle Beach. Some of you might remember us hosting a season of The Big Break on Golf Channel a few years back.

One of the challenges was playing shots through the opening of a brick wall from the remains of an old Plantation home that surround portions of the green on one par 4 on the Love Course.

Plenty of second shots that come up just short end up either against or close to the 2 foot wall. The rule here is “integral part of the golf course”. Either play it or take an unplayable.
Same thing goes for another driveable par 4. It has an ivy covered six foot high wall surrounding 1/2 the green. Players can actually lose their drives or second shots in the ivy, or hit them up against or over the wall. Again, we play it as it lies or take an unplayable.

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:           :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:       :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 25*

Irons:             :touredgeexotics:  E722 6-AW

Wedges:        :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

14th club?     :cobra-small:  Speedzone  4H 21*  

:touredgeexotics:  E722 GW 51*                     

Played an early 9 this morning with some guys from work.  Bit of a frustrating day as it was raining early and then the sun came out.  I just couldn't find the speed on the greens early on.  Had a 3 putt, 4 putt, 3 putt to start the round.  After that the short game kicked on and I ended up with 20 putts.  Not bad for me.  

I still cannot figure out my yardages.  I know what I hit on the range, but I am just blasting past them on the course.  Today I hit a 50* from 140 (to the middle) and airmailed the green.  That is usually a 120-130 club for me.  It's frustrating, but at least I'm making good contact with the ball these days.  The number of loose shots has dropped drastically.  Lots of nGIRs

As always... a work in progress... 

Driver:  Ping 425LST 9*  (Aldila Rouge White 130) 

3 Wood: Sub70 Pro (13) (HZRDS Black 60)

3U: Sub70 (19.5) (True Temper Project X U) 

Irons: Sub70 699 Pro (5-Gap) (Dynamic Gold S300)

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54 and 58 (10S)  (Project X)

Putter: Some old green Nike Blade

43/48 at Cottonwood Hills yesterday... yuck 😐.  Hard pull left on #1 tee into OB area and a 3 putt... triple bogey.  Then par, birdie, par, par.  From there out I played close to bogey golf, scrambling for several pars, and two more 3 putts.  I am using the new ER5v but suspect it was just one of those days with the flat stick. 

The two guys I was playing with chuckled at a handful of my short approach situations.  Both were course members and commented that pin locations, on a number of holes, were in places they had not seen in some time - as in tough!  But adding to that were my approach misses that left me with RU kidding me shots 😲.  One within a foot of a smallish pot hole bunker with the pin on the top of a spine and a (not so) generous total of about 8 feet between the back of the bunker, the apron, and roll to pin... cool.

Another having to clear an uphill knoll, blind shot, with a severe downhill on the backside running to another pin jammed at the rear of the green.  I actually made a great flop shot landing it on the apron (they said) but, even with that vertical landing, it ran out 15+ feet down the slope.  Add to those a GIR on a par 3 that had a finger peninsula between me and the hole.  Knowing I had to make up for the loss in speed crossing the 2 foot wide swath of grass... yea, damn near 4 putted that one. And finally, a lost ball in a silver spruce on a well struck 3 wood.

Not sure who I pissed off, but hope my dues are paid 🙂.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

12 minutes ago, PankaGolf said:

Didn’t keep score played with a mate who’s learning. 

never played the course before and meh won’t be back. 

B1F9382E-43BA-46AF-9CFD-C2EE6E7B9069.jpeg

That looks incredible...I'd return just for the views...

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

13 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

So, here’s what’s been going on…

I took a lesson two days after the post above this, then found out my instructor passed away suddenly two nights later.

That was the straw that broke the camel’s back. He was more than a teacher to me, he’d become a friend. After our final lesson we sat in a cart and talked about life for almost an hour. Then in mere hours, he was gone. I’m fortunate to live in a beautiful community with 4 excellent golf courses, but after all I’d told you about the state of my game, and then his passing, I needed to put the clubs away for a while.

I finally got back out last Saturday. Shot 38 on the front, followed by 49 on the back. Played again Tuesday, 41 on the front(with a quad!!!) and again crashed on the back with a 51.

That tells me to things. I still have “game” somewhere inside me, but I’m either unable to stay focused or strong enough physically to finish a round in the heat wave we’ve been going through down here. Neither is good, and yet to be honest, I find myself not caring enough right now either way.

Ive always competed hard in sports. Played baseball through college, and hoops in high school. I took up golf very late, but loved the competition of playing in leagues and local events. For some reason that fire just isn’t there right now, and I feel like I’m going through the motions out there.

Those of you who work, and really look forward to your weekly game probably can’t relate to what I’m talking about, but I’m wondering if any of you retired guys who play 3 or mor times a week have ever experienced the same feeling?

Sorry to about your Instructor.  When we get older it seems more and more good people pass.

As far as being retired and feeling “bored”, well yup it happens to me occasionally.  When I get in the “mood” I try to switch up guys in the groups we play with and different courses.  Once in a while I just take a few days off.  Right now SWMBO and myself started back going to the gym 3-4 days a week and going to different pools.  
I can get bored easily so I have to keep it fresh. 
Bacon Boyz keep things loose which helps.

Try keeping things fresh and you’ll be OK. 

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Bacon Boyz Exec 9 early morning, try to beat the humidity.  Our 4some today happened to be probably the 4 worst ball b&&&&&& in FL!  I don’t think I stopped laughing for a second, great time.  I played +5, 4 Pars-5 bogies in uninspired golf.  One of our guys played so bad he went to the golf shop after breakfast and dropped $1,500 on Srixon ZX4 irons!!  He’s all excited and ready to roll. 
Once again we solved the Worlds problems at breakfast👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Shot a 75. My first eagle ever. Only hit 1/13 fairways but the course is pretty open. Only had to really scramble twice and took bogey both times. Otherwise 9/18 GIR. 

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

8 minutes ago, scooterhd2 said:

Shot a 75. My first eagle ever. Only hit 1/13 fairways but the course is pretty open. Only had to really scramble twice and took bogey both times. Otherwise 9/18 GIR. 

Congrats on the Eagle.  Surprised that it's your first with your handicap!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

3 hours ago, PankaGolf said:

Didn’t keep score played with a mate who’s learning. 

never played the course before and meh won’t be back. 

B1F9382E-43BA-46AF-9CFD-C2EE6E7B9069.jpeg

@hckymeyer this is me saying “why the ******* **** is that fade not coming back”

"C'mon be good"

38 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Congrats on the Eagle.  Surprised that it's your first with your handicap!

Yeah, haven't been playing that long and just been unlucky I guess. I had 2 eagles in scrambles where I hit the drive, approach, and putt, but I just don't count those because of the format.

Anyway, now the hunt focuses on the first hole in one. 

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!