TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

21 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Played a round today with a buddy from work and his son who's just picking up the game after years of playing baseball. He actually hit the green on the par 5 3rd in 2 and had his first chance at an eagle putt. He didn't make it, but did tidy up for a nice birdie. 

I shot 58/57 for a 115. Everything was off today, I hit 2 fairways, no greens, and had 39 putts including 4 3 putts. I didn't hit a decent iron shot until the 12th hole, I was just scooting the ball along the ground for most of the round. 

On the bright side, I did hit my fairway woods decently, including a cart path aided 223 yard approach on the 18th. Sure, I was almost green high on a par 5 in two, but it also took 6 more shots after that to put the ball in the hole. The most pure 5 wood I hit hit a tree and literally took 5 seconds to drop straight down. Should have taken my medicine and just punched out.

I'm not disappointed in the scoring, I've been working on swing changes and the overlap with my current swing had me feeling like I'd never played before. It'll get better, just got to go through a rough patch before the magic happens. 

It was a fun, beautiful day to be on the course and I really enjoyed the company. 

Sounds like you were able to enjoy the round and see another learning the ropes!  Glad you had a good time despite the scoring. Going through swing changes and playing can be tough. We could all benefit from your ability to realize that and just enjoy the round. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

Played a round today with a buddy from work and his son who's just picking up the game after years of playing baseball. He actually hit the green on the par 5 3rd in 2 and had his first chance at an eagle putt. He didn't make it, but did tidy up for a nice birdie. 

I shot 58/57 for a 115. Everything was off today, I hit 2 fairways, no greens, and had 39 putts including 4 3 putts. I didn't hit a decent iron shot until the 12th hole, I was just scooting the ball along the ground for most of the round. 

On the bright side, I did hit my fairway woods decently, including a cart path aided 223 yard approach on the 18th. Sure, I was almost green high on a par 5 in two, but it also took 6 more shots after that to put the ball in the hole. The most pure 5 wood I hit hit a tree and literally took 5 seconds to drop straight down. Should have taken my medicine and just punched out.

I'm not disappointed in the scoring, I've been working on swing changes and the overlap with my current swing had me feeling like I'd never played before. It'll get better, just got to go through a rough patch before the magic happens. 

It was a fun, beautiful day to be on the course and I really enjoyed the company. 

Glad ya still had fun and understand that making major overhauls is a process! Keep on keepin on

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

9 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

I live in Barefoot Resort in N. Myrtle Beach. Some of you might remember us hosting a season of The Big Break on Golf Channel a few years back.

One of the challenges was playing shots through the opening of a brick wall from the remains of an old Plantation home that surround portions of the green on one par 4 on the Love Course.

Plenty of second shots that come up just short end up either against or close to the 2 foot wall. The rule here is “integral part of the golf course”. Either play it or take an unplayable.
Same thing goes for another driveable par 4. It has an ivy covered six foot high wall surrounding 1/2 the green. Players can actually lose their drives or second shots in the ivy, or hit them up against or over the wall. Again, we play it as it lies or take an unplayable.

I played the Love and Norman courses at Barefoot many years ago and I remember those plantation remains.  I didn't remember how they were treated by the rules probably because they didn't come into play for us. 

The one thing I do remember about those courses was how fast they drained and became playable.   Right before we were to tee off in a Father / Son tournament there was heavy rain all morning.  We only had to wait about 1/2 hour after it stopped raining for the course to drain and get clearance to tee off.  I remember the water from quite a few fairways running together into streams to the storm water drains.  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Finally got to play CAPITAL G G-O-L-F for the first time in 3 weeks. No fat shots, no flooded fairways, yes it's still soft, but I could hit down on the ball and get the shot I expected.

79 with 1 birdie. Had a few wild shots but this was kind of a recalibration round. Going back for more tomorrow.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

First one off this morning on a pretty brisk day.  

76 with 3 birdies 3 bogeys and two doubles.

11/14 fairways, 8/18 greens and 28 putts.

Putting the 50* in my bag was a smart move...Scrambling was just as good as my tee ball today.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I’ve got to expand my “today”, to this “week”

I played good, darn good. I’m hitting on all cylinders, and except for a few brain farts, shooting about scratch.

most exciting part of it all is the new putter. And I say new, because it put my Evnroll on the bench after it’s first round.

her name is Adele. And I love her… 🥰 to see why, please read my initial review… I didn’t think it would be like this, but what can I say..

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

@MaxEntropy that course looks awesome. Need to get a buddy and go check it out.

Take Dead Aim

18 minutes ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

@MaxEntropy that course looks awesome. Need to get a buddy and go check it out.

Absolutely. They are good with outings, too - there was a group of 8 in the 2 foursomes in front of us the first day. Maybe we should plan an MGS summit there some day.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

A lackluster round today, shooting a 40/42.  Our greenskeeper is really pouring the water to our course and it's soggy and the greens soft and slow.  I always seem to struggle with my putter on slow greens and today was no exception.  Ball striking was mediocre today, as well.  Nothing to blame there except myself.  🙂  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

2 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Absolutely. They are good with outings, too - there was a group of 8 in the 2 foursomes in front of us the first day. Maybe we should plan an MGS summit there some day.

I've got some ideas for a couple 36 hole, 1 day trips.

Take Dead Aim

3 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Aother cra*** round today at 103. Don't know what's going on. Couldn't drive, couldn't putt...😡

Know that feeling well, very well.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

50/43 93

8 fairways, 4 greens, 33 putts. 

it took me the whole front 9 to figure out the wind and the extremely penal rough at Trump Links. the back 9 went a lot better. 

putter was hot today, drained 25 and 18 footers and only had one 3-putt. 

3w was money off the tee.

irons were hot garbage. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

80 (42/38) yesterday at Tenison Park in Dallas. Joined-up with a young man on the first tee and enjoyed the round. The only issue was he started standing RIGHT behind me on the tee box and I didn’t have the heart to ask him to move. Every time he did it I hit a crap tee shot. Ugh. Why do people do that??? Stand out of sight of the person teeing off!!!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

16 minutes ago, PMookie said:

80 (42/38) yesterday at Tenison Park in Dallas. Joined-up with a young man on the first tee and enjoyed the round. The only issue was he started standing RIGHT behind me on the tee box and I didn’t have the heart to ask him to move. Every time he did it I hit a crap tee shot. Ugh. Why do people do that??? Stand out of sight of the person teeing off!!!

Yup annoying, It’s worse for LH.  Some guys forget and they will be looking at at you, even a few feet forward.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

An extremely "meh" 81 today. Conditions were really good for scoring, but everything was just a little off. Had a couple really great shots, but a lot of under average and one or two really silly mistakes that led me to doubling 2 holes. I did putt really well though! Made a lot of 5-15 footers, and burned some more edges too.

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

7 hours ago, chisag said:

... Sluggo, Tierra Rejada is one of my favorite courses for the views. #8 really is spectacular. A little quirky but a ton of fun. Fyi first time I played there I said I was gonna walk because I use a remote cart. Guy in the clubhouse said "you really don't wanna do that" and I replied that I am in great shape and love walking. He smiled and offered me a deal. Take a cart for the front 9 and if I felt like it would have been a better choice to walk, I could walk the back 9 and he would comp my next round but I would have to walk. Stopped in after 9 and thanked him for saving me from myself. 🤪

... As you know walking would have been a huge mistake. #8 alone would take 45 minutes to walk and make it to the #9 tee box LOL. 

No kidding. Superman couldn’t walk that track. But the views are astounding, aren’t they? It’s a thinking mans track too, play it smart, and score better.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Another 79 this morning at home, but it was more guts & grinding then yesterday. Much more humid and I started hitting dwild shots on the back 9. No doubles or birds today. Finally got a par on #12, which is one of the hardest par 4s on the west side. The #16 tee shot is currently living rent free as the kids say.

Edited by DiscipleofPenick
Spelling errors

Take Dead Aim

13 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I have completed my mission. Two weeks ago I reported in with a goal to break a 1.0 handicap this season. Typicially when you feel something great about to happen the golf gods throw a monkey wrench in. Well not this time. I tied my seasons low scores with another 68 this morning. After entering my score it said my pending handicap is a .8.  I started off the season with a 1.6 and it grew to a 2.0. But since May 3rd it has consistantly dropped by small increments. What a great morning for me. Driving great, short game was spot on and my putting was superb. I even had one of the grounds crew drive up and complement me. He said "it looks like you are having a good round today, I've seen some of your shots". 

I got my goal accomplished just in time to start the Maxfli ball testing. The pressure is off for the season. I'll laminate my GHIN card when the update comes out and put it in my golf photo album to be part of my golf history. Mission accomplished!

Congratulations Tom! That's really a great accomplishment and after seeing the way you navigate a golf course, I had no doubt you'd do it. I can't wait to see a photo of your GHIN card commemorating the occasion. 

3 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Congratulations Tom! That's really a great accomplishment and after seeing the way you navigate a golf course, I had no doubt you'd do it. I can't wait to see a photo of your GHIN card commemorating the occasion. 

Thank you. We need to get together again for a fun round.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

12 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

July 31st, Final day of operations at Pebble Creek Golf Club in Tampa. After 54 years, the owner decided to close the course.

We had 32 Players, I shot 37/38:75, my best round ever at Pebble Creek!  Had 2 birdies, 9 Up & Downs(80%), 7 Consecutive Pars and no more than a 5 on any hole.

10/14 FIR 71% versus 63% Season

5/18 GIR 28% versus 28% Season

9 Up & Downs(80%) versus 33% Season

24 Putts

Strokes Gained versus 15 Hcap:  7.76

3CBD1B20-195A-4BF9-BE86-5A49285E3C2D.jpeg

6972EE2A-07C9-4548-84E2-B2628A2F5355.jpeg

20B4C37C-AD92-477D-9566-86459E1BB968.jpeg

8A36FE08-2AA7-48DB-9A19-AD46C85D9443.jpeg

AF509F51-C3FE-47AF-8477-35F78761B877.jpeg

14FB58C3-FE2F-4D4C-BFE3-5C7F0936EB5D.jpeg

1546BB4C-3AEA-4555-AC41-E89648F2D5E6.jpeg