TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

19 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

OK.. **IF** I'm allowed a 1st tee Mulligan (please guys pleez pleeez 😆) then I've shot my PB to date and unofficially broken 90 for the first time 👍

Scored 89 / +17 (using the Mulligan but hey it is the hardest opening tee shot hole...) and had a new PB 9 hole score of 41 / +5 on the back 9 -- and that was with a Penalty (last tee shot pulled left and it rolled down the slope into the water .. took a drop .. nailed the approach), a 2-Chip, a 3-putt, a few wayward tee shots ... but it was the 14 putts on the back 9 that really made the day!

Side note:
Recently switched back to an MLA Tour XDream that I was a tester for a few years back. Now I really like my EvnRoll ER5 - and thought I was putting better with it the past few seasons .. but... it seems my distance control instantly improved with the MLA. And not only that I also seem to be starting shorter putts on-line better - making more second "non-gimme" putts, too. I also just bought a ShotScope V3 partly with the intent to track the performance of each putter, but as of right now it looks like I'll be collecting plenty of data for the MLA before taking the ER5 out again.

On the front 9 I had a total of 48/+12 including ...
.. a penalty on the short Par 4 2nd hole after a (rare...) good tee shot I chunked the short approach and the ball was almost completely buried right under a protruding front lip of a deep bunker - I didn't think I could get the ball out so I picked it up and took a drop further back in the bunker; 
.. several 2-Chips (short wedge game was literally 50-50 good or stinker);
.. one 3-Putt which was part of a Quadruple-bogey on a Par 5 that I just made a mess of;
.. and a few wayward tee shots where I found a fairway bunker or some trees;
.. along with a reasonably solid 18 putts.

So if I can continue to clean up my game - keep reducing the errors, keep improving the tee shots and approach shots, keep working on the mental game, etc. - and keep the good putting going then I may .. just may .. have an actual chance of shooting in the 80s more often!
(..fingers crossed .. making sacrifices to the golf gods .. sending off donations to charities .. thinking happy thoughts.....)

Always a breakfast ball if you can't hit the range first. Great round!

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

9 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Nice round, see you were back up in the good ole' NH here. That is a fun course, a bit target golf at times. That hole is no joke from the tips, cart path is the way to get there in two. Nice round.

Yea a few years back it was decent had some ice damage I guess on the greens but was great this year very happy with it. Open at times and gotta hit spots at times just how I like it.

yea I was literally just trying to clear the stuff get down to the next growth spot would have been around 170/180 and then a nice 80 yarder in and bird. Nope cart path had other glorious plans.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

I played 18 at Country Club of Whispering Pines in the saturday morning men's league. Started iffy, and was 3 over through 4. I started thinking I would be hitting it bad. Shot 85 there 3 weeks ago. Turned it around well. had back to back birdies, lipped out on a 3rd. had some good runs, and finished rough, but ended up with a 75. I feel I'm close. Handicap broke through the 5 barrier to a 4.8. Playing Country Club of North Carolina tomorrow. Not sure if it's our own balls or a scramble. Either way, looking forward to the day off.

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 7.1 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: image.png.2a9745c9eca1e1dcd4c3ecfd5b2823e3.png Epic speed 9 degree

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small:  Epic speed 15 degree or image.png.188f225bd9daa89b3976cdaa079d23d0.png PT15

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: OG Rossie

image.png

On 8/22/2021 at 10:24 AM, Grand Stranded said:

Just to add one more thing to my prior post…

I mentioned that the new Launchers were a 1/2 club short of my old Rogue X irons… take that comment with a grain of salt.

I wasn’t realling going after it hard with them for most of my round, but as my confidence with them grew, I swung harder and once I did, they were comparable in distance to my old set. Hard to be sure though, because I hit these very solid yesterday and the higher flight is so foreign to what I’d been getting with my old set.

I have a feeling the strong lofts in the X’s weren’t helping me anymore. My SS has gone down from when I bought them over 4 years ago, and I think the added loft with my new ones helps with that.

Maybe these Launchers might have even more in the tank for me as I get used to swinging them…?

Feel obliged to chime in...

When comparing relative distance of different sets, you can only compare lofts to lofts.  The numbers on the clubs are completely irrelevant, they're just a point for ease of identification.  A 34* club will fly as far as a 34* club, regardless of what's stamped on the sole.

With the caveat of relative launch conditions that can make or break a club for each golfer, of course.

This isn't meant as a jacked loft discussion, as I'm sure someone will interpret.  I'm only saying that it's only loft that matters.

And not the L.O.F.T. inherent in my swing.  LOL

Edited by NRJyzr

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

On 8/22/2021 at 11:24 AM, Grand Stranded said:

I have a feeling the strong lofts in the X’s weren’t helping me anymore. My SS has gone down from when I bought them over 4 years ago, and I think the added loft with my new ones helps with that.

I don’t understand this statement. Those with slower swing speeds are the typical market for slow swing speeds. The added loft helps get the ball in the air combined with the lower spin helps them gain the distance. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

2 hours ago, NRJyzr said:

Feel obliged to chime in...

When comparing relative distance of different sets, you can only compare lofts to lofts.  The numbers on the clubs are completely irrelevant, they're just a point for ease of identification.  A 34* club will fly as far as a 34* club, regardless of what's stamped on the sole.

With the caveat of relative launch conditions that can make or break a club for each golfer, of course.

This isn't meant as a jacked loft discussion, as I'm sure someone will interpret.  I'm only saying that it's only loft that matters.

And not the L.O.F.T. inherent in my swing.  LOL

My question to you would be if “it’s only loft that matters as far as distance”, why aren’t most people hitting 8* or lower drivers instead of 10.5*?

The design of an iron (things such as weighting) also plays apart IMO 

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I don’t understand this statement. Those with slower swing speeds are the typical market for slow swing speeds. The added loft helps get the ball in the air combined with the lower spin helps them gain the distance. 

I’m no expert on this subject, and have no desire to debate a subject you both seem more knowledgeable about than I am.
Here’s what I can tell you as far as what I’ve seen in the short time I’ve been able to compare the 7 irons with the two sets. We’re going on 3 sessions on a LM, and one round played, so it’s a very small sample size with the Cleveland irons.

As far as lofts. The Rogue X is 27* and the Launcher is 30*

After 3 different days hitting inside on a LM, with the Rogue X my avg total was 146. To be honest, I don’t think I get that much from it out on the course) With the Cleveland it was 141. 

Spin with the Rogue X is much lower than the 5150 with the Cleveland. I don’t remember the exact number, but I remember the fitter saying he liked that I was over 5000 with the Launchers.

Height is higher with the Cleveland, and the dispersion is much tighter. (Those we’re the main selling points to me, I felt like I wasn’t hitting the Rogue X high enough.) Who knows though, maybe I was hitting them too low on the face?

My miss (I’m a lefty) seems to have completely reversed from a low left screamer to a slight pull, but my swing isn’t consistent enough to say for sure yet with this? I can tell you I definitely seem more accurate with the Cleveland’s so far.

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

26 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

My question to you would be if “it’s only loft that matters as far as distance”, why aren’t most people hitting 8* or lower drivers instead of 10.5*?

The design of an iron (things such as weighting) also plays apart IMO 

I’m no expert on this subject, and have no desire to debate a subject you both seem more knowledgeable about than I am.
Here’s what I can tell you as far as what I’ve seen in the short time I’ve been able to compare the 7 irons with the two sets. We’re going on 3 sessions on a LM, and one round played, so it’s a very small sample size with the Cleveland irons.

As far as lofts. The Rogue X is 27* and the Launcher is 30*

After 3 different days hitting inside on a LM, with the Rogue X my avg total was 146. To be honest, I don’t think I get that much from it out on the course) With the Cleveland it was 141. 

Spin with the Rogue X is much lower than the 5150 with the Cleveland. I don’t remember the exact number, but I remember the fitter saying he liked that I was over 5000 with the Launchers.

Height is higher with the Cleveland, and the dispersion is much tighter. (Those we’re the main selling points to me, I felt like I wasn’t hitting the Rogue X high enough.) Who knows though, maybe I was hitting them too low on the face?

My miss (I’m a lefty) seems to have completely reversed from a low left screamer to a slight pull, but my swing isn’t consistent enough to say for sure yet with this? I can tell you I definitely seem more accurate with the Cleveland’s so far.

Not looking to debate either, was just curious about the statement. There’s a lot more to it than just the lofts. Based on what you are saying is you don’t create enough spin with the rogue x. That can be contact point, swing combo of both. What’s causing that could be shaft isn’t a fit for your current swing, weight, balance of the club. The launchers while they are weaker have a bigger foot print. That combined with the overall mass and shaft can make the contact issue if the rogue go away. 4-5 yards in a monitor may seem like a lot but that is easily seen for most people across most clubs based on contact each swing

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

8 hours ago, Alf. S said:

Well that was a bit of an eventful week. From the depths of despair and back.

Last Monday my game just got to me, my expectations were not matching the reality. The course over the summer months have been playing difficult and with the rain in August my thoughts were that I would start scoring better but the game isn't that easy.

All my life I've been fighting with a high cut with my driver, I go to the range or lessons and I think I've solved it only for it to come back. My handicap has been bouncing around this season getting down to 4.9 up to 6.8 and back to 6. When I drive well I score well, current conditions that is carrying 230 and average 250yds. When the high cut comes in I'm down to about 190 and of course if I'm lucky in semi rough. 

After another go at changing my setup I thought I solved my driving issues, last Monday played the local Muni. 1st hole bit of a push but good length, 2nd 299yd par 4 on the fringe with my drive. So far so good, 3rd cut into the tree on the right chip out ended with a 7, 4th great drive up the centre, 5th cut back, 6th push, 8th great drive, 9th lost ball (reload great hit), etc, etc. Came off totally disillusioned didn't want to go out on Wednesday but managed 12 holes, played Thursday and again wasn't really engaged. After a bit of soul searching and re-alignment of expectations (i'm not a scratch golfer) went back out at the weekend. Saturday 35 (-1) on the front 9, then the rain came finished 77 (+6); Sunday -1 through 15, then carved two 4h into gorse for an 8 to finish 75 (+4). 

To put in context I have never broken par on any course best, was a level par 64 on the winter layout of my home course. yesterday being 1 under after 15 was a great chance to achieve a 1st  until the quadruple bogey on 16. I do thing the golf gods are taking the p!ss, was out for a round this afternoon still hitting the ball well but a few penalties going into ditches, 3 putt and unlucky breaks had me 8 after 15. On 16 I hit my drive within 5yds of where I was yesterday hit a 3H to 45 feet and holed the putt for birdie. 

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

23 hours ago, chisag said:

... I am not a fan of the Mulligan because over coming/giving in to adversity is the very essence of the game. That said, I have no problem at all with anyone taking a Mullligan off the very first tee. So many factors involved, especially starting out in a negative mood or nervous first tee jitters can derail a round before it even starts. Who wants that?  So congrats on breaking 90!!!!!  🤗

Thank you!! And, yes, agree - only on the first tee (plus second condition = no pre-game warm-up) - otherwise completely play it as it lies 👍
(well.. except if a bird picks up the ball and moves it then replace as close to original spot as can be determined in the player's best judgement 😉)

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

22 hours ago, CarlH said:

Normally when a guy tees up for a breakfast ball, he's hitting 3 in my book....however, I'll give you a pass on this one 😉   Now that you know it's possible, go out and do it without the mulligan!

Thx, and yessssir that sure is the goal!!

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

22 hours ago, Shankster said:

As long as it was oatmeal.  If it was scrambled eggs then that is a whole different story.

My "breakfast ball"..? Dude it was toast 😆 ..sailed away over the fescue mounds bounding the left side of the fairway.....

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

19 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Chuck,I’m looking at your sig… are you playing without a driver?

Yep, still no driver. Actually thinking about a fitting as my swing has been improving and I'm hopefully getting closer to being able to swing and hit with one without slicing every ball OB. Looking at the current PXG special pricing.....

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

26 putts again, Adele just keeps the total putts solid. Plus 2 or 3 that were a few blades of grass from falling. It was a good round of ball striking too.

ive incorporated a very slight grip adjustment that seems to be fairly helpful with consistency.

ive really just moved my left thumb down the right side, vs straight down the top. I suppose this forces my right hand to a stronger grip position, but it’s just a little bit, so it’s not a radical difference. It just kind of a little more stable.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Golf tournaments have been my saving grace for playing golf this golf season---got to get out again with the tournament crew.  Due to a mix up on communication we were there an hour and a half before we planned on and then proceeded to get stuck behind the world's slowest group (3 hour front 9).  Graciously they let us play through as there was no group in front of them. Had an absolutely awful warm up and then we played probably the collective worst round that we've ever dreamed of.  But all wasn't lost,  I came through with a closest of to the pin win from about 165 out!  The first time I've ever even made it on the measuring sheet, much less winning the doggone thing.  I'm happier than a pig in slop!  (That one is for you @ole gray)

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

... Swing Change was on auto pilot today. First round I hit several shots without thinking. 🤔  Shot 68 with 4 birdies and no bogies so trending back in a good direction. One thing today verified is I need help at the bottom of my bag. I hit several really good shots right at the flag that came up too short or too long. I am playing a 45* pw, 50* gw and 58* lw. I hit my lw comfortably to 85. The gw is my 105 to 120 club and my pw 120 to 135. I had quite a few shots today in the 90 - 105 range and with the temp a scorching 107* the ball was really flying. I have known there was a yardage gap but felt OK playing partial shots with my gw. But today I was firing right at most flags other than sucker pins and had complete control of my ball flight other than the partial shots I had a hard time dialing in with the heat. Gonna take some real thought because I don't wanna give up my 3 wood/5 wood/2 iron at the other end. I would love to bend my 50* to 49* and add a 54* bent to 53* to go with my 58* but that would be 15 clubs. That is my Rosannadana for today ... 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

2 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

I got to play a round on Hilton Head with a friend of a friend today. The course was pretty narrow and I took way too many penalties of the tee, but irons were pretty good, chipping was really good, putting was really, really good. Ended up with an 84 with 6(!!!!) penalties. I made a lot of putts in the 8-12' range and ended up with 28 putts. Overall a really fun, but hot and sweaty, day.

Where did you play? Playing Palmetto Dunes in 2 weeks. 

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

1 hour ago, Ben_Howell34 said:

Where did you play? Playing Palmetto Dunes in 2 weeks. 

Shipyard. The guy I played with owns a condo on the property, so I got to play for much cheaper. I really enjoyed the course.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

5 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Shipyard. The guy I played with owns a condo on the property, so I got to play for much cheaper. I really enjoyed the course.

Great course. I played there every September for 5 years as my condo had an agreement.  That, however, has expired so now I play courses like Old South and Palmetto Hall.  Shipyard was always fun to play…….terrific Diamond Zoysia greens!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

44 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Getting really discouraged.

A month ago I shot 75, 78, 74, 73 and was feeling very confident that I could play even if I wasn't striking it all that well.  Then, had to take a couple weeks off for vacation and some family emergency kind of stuff.  Since then I haven't broken 80; last night was a perfect example...43 for 9 holes, had 2 3 putts, doubled 2 par 4s, had a bogey on a par 5 after finding the drink off the tee (right after an eagle).  

Sometimes this game is really frustrating.  Looking forward to coming out of this soon...

You got this getting in those funks suck but it won't last forever.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

12 hours ago, chisag said:

... Swing Change was on auto pilot today. First round I hit several shots without thinking. 🤔  Shot 68 with 4 birdies and no bogies so trending back in a good direction. One thing today verified is I need help at the bottom of my bag. I hit several really good shots right at the flag that came up too short or too long. I am playing a 45* pw, 50* gw and 58* lw. I hit my lw comfortably to 85. The gw is my 105 to 120 club and my pw 120 to 135. I had quite a few shots today in the 90 - 105 range and with the temp a scorching 107* the ball was really flying. I have known there was a yardage gap but felt OK playing partial shots with my gw. But today I was firing right at most flags other than sucker pins and had complete control of my ball flight other than the partial shots I had a hard time dialing in with the heat. Gonna take some real thought because I don't wanna give up my 3 wood/5 wood/2 iron at the other end. I would love to bend my 50* to 49* and add a 54* bent to 53* to go with my 58* but that would be 15 clubs. That is my Rosannadana for today ... 

Time for your 3w and 5w to have a child and make you a 4w. That way you can add another wedge. Or just go epic super hybrid that should have more stopping power that the prior gen super hybrid. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

2 minutes ago, edingc said:

image.png.111e24382bb5310ddf956c1d29964057.png

"One of these things is not like the others..." 🎶

- 40/41 = 81 / 79 ESC (+9)
- 3/15 FIR
- 8/18 GIR (2 birdies)
- 30 Putts (12 2-putts, 6 1-putts)

Erase my first quintuple bogey of the season and I'd be really happy with the round. Oh well! Bad double on 17 but was pressed for time, rushing and drenched in sweat.

Hit the ball really well for the first time in a few weeks. Couple drives 290+ again; Rypstick training is paying off. Putted well and just missed a few other birdies. Excited to get back out there.

Great job to not let it destroy your round!

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

4 minutes ago, edingc said:

image.png.111e24382bb5310ddf956c1d29964057.png

"One of these things is not like the others..." 🎶

- 40/41 = 81 / 79 ESC (+9)
- 3/15 FIR
- 8/18 GIR (2 birdies)
- 30 Putts (12 2-putts, 6 1-putts)

Erase my first quintuple bogey of the season and I'd be really happy with the round. Oh well! Bad double on 17 but was pressed for time, rushing and drenched in sweat.

Hit the ball really well for the first time in a few weeks. Couple drives 290+ again; Rypstick training is paying off. Putted well and just missed a few other birdies. Excited to get back out there.

Nice bounce back birdie!  It's hard to not end up with a hole like that occasionally when you get out first thing in the morning.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

28 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Great job to not let it destroy your round!

Thanks!

23 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Nice bounce back birdie!  It's hard to not end up with a hole like that occasionally when you get out first thing in the morning.

Just a fluke hole. Hooded my 6 iron and hooked the first ball OB left. Second ball went left but safe. Hit back out across the fairway and lost the ball somewhere in the rough. Wasn't even long rough. Had I been playing with someone or been playing my yellow balls I think I would have easily found it.

And yes, No. 3 was a good hole. Smoked a driver and hit a nice pitch to give me a four-footer for birdie. Really, the whole front nine was quite solid after No. 2.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

20 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Because everyone has a point of diminishing returns with loft, just as they do with the relationship of club length to clubhead speed.  it's not limited to drivers, but also irons, or we'd all be playing irons in the John Daly slot (14*).  😉

That said, you're looking at the comment/concept from a different angle than I am; actually I'd say you're talking about a different concept entirely.  I'm only saying "the club number doesn't matter."  And nothing beyond those five words.

Edited by NRJyzr

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft