Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

5 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Weather is a bit o an issue , being very hot and humid, however, I think it's more related to my oldest who's recovering at our house. Heart doc said he should be good to go home this coming Friday - so that'll be a big relief for all o us. 

That explains it.  All the best to your son and the family Tony.  A full bag fitting still sounds fun though... right? 🙂

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 minute ago, fixyurdivot said:

That explains it.  All the best to your son and the family Tony.  A full bag fitting still sounds fun though... right? 🙂

Sounds like a hell of a way to get back into the “swing” of things 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

You must still have a pretty fast swing speed Sam.  I tried the SF 80 and they felt like broomsticks to me.  More so than any other of the half dozen iron shafts I tested, the SF's were clear outliers for me.  

... I am a little faster with my irons than my driver. I hit my 7 iron around 165 with the Steelfiber 95's. I usually play stiff flex in my irons like Modus 120 stiff in my Z Forged but as you said the Steelfibers are stouter than many other iron shafts so the regular flex works well for me. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

15 minutes ago, edingc said:

After having a lesson yesterday morning, I inevitably played a little too much "golf swing" and not enough golf this morning but still walked away happy. Playing with a new driver swing I hooked one OB left on No. 3 and then for the second time in a week lost a ball in the rough just off the fairway on No. 11, both leading to triples. Left myself some gigantic first putts not accounting for how straight I started hitting my irons and led to a number of three-putts.

- 43/41 = 84 / 83 ESC (+12)
- 7/15 FIR
- 10/18 GIR (2 birdies)
- 30 Putts (3 3-putts, 12 2-putts, 3 1-putts)

Big takeaway is that by the end of the round I really started hitting the ball well throughout the bag after getting a little squirrelly midway through. The new driver swing (much more rounded and flatter after my lesson) was money. I picked up a bunch of distance and accuracy - recording five drives of more than 295 yards and a new personal best 320-yarder on No. 18 with a bit of wind help. 

image.png.f00111be6ad230c88184185eb75df5a8.png

Nice bomb.  

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Weather is a bit o an issue , being very hot and humid, however, I think it's more related to my oldest who's recovering at our house. Heart doc said he should be good to go home this coming Friday - so that'll be a big relief for all o us. 

Great news Tony!

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Played well today aside from putting. Had PLENTY of birdie opportunities but couldn't finish including 2 3-putts for par..... However the weather was fair and I had fun. 

Screenshot_20210829-144909.png

• Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 8° Accra FX2.0 250 M4
  • PXG 5 wood turned 4 wood hzrd black
  • PXG 3 Hybrid hzrd black
  • Taylormade 2019 P790's KBS Tour S 4-5
  • PXG 0211 ST 6-GW
  • Vokey 54/58° sm8 
  • Mizuno Mcraft 3

3 hours ago, RollingGreens said:

82 on Friday playing a new course. Had no idea when we got to the course it would be cart path only and it’s a non walkable course with a lot of distance between holes. Struck it fairly well for a 39 in the front. The driver played well but I didn’t get all the distance I should have with many tee shots plugging. 43 on the back. Had things get away from me with putting and the irons. Really didn’t hit a solid shot into the greens all day. Seemed to be short in most of the par 3s as well which I think is typical for playing a new course and not knowing when to club up vs down 

Where did you play?

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

45 minutes ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

Where did you play?

Little mountain. Not what it used to be from a quality standpoint which is sad. It played pretty easy for the most part. 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

Not well, 88. Drove it good though on some holes.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

1 hour ago, JonMUSC08 said:

Ah man, my wife is tired of hearing about it this weekend but i had an AMAZING back 9! ...We dont need to talk about the front 9 much. Played Yeamans Hall in Charleston, SC, par 70 ( 35/35). Shot a rough 47 on the front (let s skip that part) and then turned around and shot a +2 37 on the back!! Best 9 holes i've ever shot. Closed it out in. style with a 12ft birdie putt on the par 5 18th hole too. 

Played that course decades ago when I lived in the area.    Good job on the back 9!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I was supposed to play a round with my podiatrist early this morning, but she called to cancel.

Insurance pays for my pedis at the podiatrist.

The least I could do is offer the kid a round of golf.

Insurance does NOT pay for my wife's pedi at the nail salon.

Good thing.   The way those Korean girls play golf, she'd be in trouble.

Anyway, I hit some balls and then had a sandwich instead.

It's all good.

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

On 8/24/2021 at 8:32 PM, CarlH said:

Not a good day on the course today.....struggled with ball striking, struggled with wedges, and struggled with my putter and shot a whopping 10 strokes over my course handicap.  I don't know if it was because I woke up at 2:30 am and couldn't get back to sleep for a couple of hours or it was just one of those days....but, I'm going to leave it at that.

That happens to me a lot Carl. My Saturday league tees off at 7am to beat the heat. I’m an early riser but set the alarm just in case.For some reason I rarely sleep well when I do that.

Can’t tell you how many times I wake up at 2-3 in the morning and can’t go back to sleep. I put on a pot of coffee and sit around waiting for the range to open. I’m always out of sorts though out on the course, and need to nap as soon as I get home.

Driver:           :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:       :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 25*

Irons:             :touredgeexotics:  E722 6-AW

Wedges:        :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

14th club?     :cobra-small:  Speedzone  4H 21*  

:touredgeexotics:  E722 GW 51*                     

So my season from hell just won’t end. I played two more rounds with my new irons, and one was better than the other. I shot an 83 on Thursday and an 81 on Saturday. The difference in scoring well was all due to finally being able to hit greens again.

Sounds great right? Hah, there are no happy endings with me and golf this year. As soon as we finished my back started tightening up on me, and got worse when I got home. I woke up Sunday morning and was barely able to straighten up.

Its not feeling any better today, so tomorrow it’s off to the orthopedic for more of the same old same old…. Meds, rest and therapy. Who knows how long it will take this time? I’ve already been on the shelf for 5 and 7 week stretches going back to last November.

I realize there are plenty of people with a lot worse problems with all that’s going on in the world and this country, but I have to admit, I’m frustrated as hell right now.

Driver:           :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:       :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 25*

Irons:             :touredgeexotics:  E722 6-AW

Wedges:        :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

14th club?     :cobra-small:  Speedzone  4H 21*  

:touredgeexotics:  E722 GW 51*                     

23 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Another 84 today, but played better than yesterday.  Driver wasn't the best, but iron shots were crisper (thank you PlaneMate) and putting was almost back to normal.  Now if I could forget the QUAD I had on the par 3 #15...  🙄

Here was a fun shot...  The divot was pointed at the condo on the other side of the pond on the left (not the apartments in the pic), and it was half a ball deep.  The green is across the pond in the direction of those tall trees.  It's a chip out for me.  🤬

IMG_1461.jpeg.a2b2fb035477345c5365c01a2ac923fd.jpeg

In Yuma that is a lift and place.

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

In Yuma that is a lift and place.

Well then... maybe I should come to Yuma for a round when I am in Palm Springs in January!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”