Testers Wanted! Shot Scope V5 ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

10 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Yes, like bowling your going into the 10th frame with all strikes and everyone stops to watch. All you can hear is your heartbeat.

The first couple times that happens, it's kind of unnerving.  

I used to bowl a LOT, and its interesting seeing the reactions, depending on the league.  Bowled a work league, they'd get excited if you had the first six, LOL.  Bowled a scratch league that had a few top area bowlers, no one did anything different until someone had the front 11.

Funny.

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

14 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Last couple of rounds at Plantation Palms has not been good, but Labor Day weekend came at a good time.  Our family fathers at Suwannee River Rendezvous for a weekend of tubing and eating.  Golf will return on Tuesday.

77D9372F-0B5E-41E8-8976-9DB4AD0200FA.jpeg

7A19096F-657C-44B2-8173-00E822826E95.jpeg

A81328CE-BCD0-4AB6-BC8F-EF823E563698.jpeg

That looks like one of the few things better than golf!

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

13 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Your handicap is already pretty low so obviously you can get around the course well. I would guess that you don't have a blow up hole. When I was scoring in the 74 to 75 range I made an effort to play smart golf. No hero shots! No pin hunting. Center of the green and two putt. You will wind up making a one putt here and there. I also spent a LOT of time practicing chipping and putting. If I missed a green I was so confident that I could chip it in, and if I didn't it was an easy 1 putt. 

Don't stress out if you get a bogey, your mindset needs to be, I'll just get a birdie in the next few holes to offset it. Let it happen rather than try to make it happen. Stress is a killer. I went through that stage. I need to par the last hole and sure enough you mess it up. Let's face it, at this level you know you had all pars or a bogey and a birdie toward the end of the round. You don't have to look at your score card. This is the mental part of the game. Focus on one shot at a time.

Your very close it will come. Once it does then your next goal is an all par round. When you try for that you will actually wind up with several under par rounds first. An all par round is actually a lot harder in my opinion.

Thanks. I learned some time ago to put the scorecard away and not think about total overall. My short game it's what keeps me in it, as I don't I hit as many greens as I should for my hcp. There's just certain days the driver didn't work as well, but those usually aren't repeat performances. Putting is ok but nothing great, and the only part of the game I really get to practice.

I agree with you that at this point it is the mental side and just getting through that barrier. I know one thing that happens to me is I start getting ahead of myself. Not thinking about score or anything like that. I mean that I rush myself, just play too fast, or let other things on the course get to me. Need to just take my time to settle and commit to each shot.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

2 hours ago, edingc said:

This morning's nine holes pretty much sums up the last month or so of my golf season. I've been posting sporadically because I've had some miserable days mixed in with only a few decent scores.

Hole 10 - Best drive I've hit all year on this hole, 315 yards (downhill) middle of very tight fairway, chipping distance to green. Ball stopped on a dead patch of dirt/grass, left the chip well short but on green, first putt short, five footer lips out, 2 footer lips out, fourth putt thankfully goes in. Double.

Hole 11 - Dogleg right. Pull my new Cobra 4 Utility and hit a towering push draw that looks to be great and heading to middle fairway. Catches the very top of a tree that overhangs the fairway and falls straight down. Second shot runs through dogleg and stops at base of tree. Have to turn wedge around and left hand back to fairway. Wedge to pin high, chip, miss a five footer. Triple.

Hole 12 - Full pitching wedge with tees and pin both back. Overdraw just a hair left to where the cart path cuts in within five yards of green. Hit the cart path and bounces into woods. Find it, but take two strokes to get back on green, two putts. Double.

Hole 15 - Short par 4, drivable with my 2 hybrid. Hit a really nice ball that leaked right and caught one of the trees overhanging the fairway by the green. Spent a long time looking for it but presume it either got stuck in the tree or sat down in the rough (unlikely since I covered the whole area). Take my strokes, chip up, two putt. Double.

Two bogies and three pars made up the other five holes. Really, a pretty good ball striking day. I've been hitting the ball so well and just have not had an ounce of luck lately. Frustrating.

Golf Gods are generous... but do have their limits... time to pay-up suckka! 🤣

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

15 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Last couple of rounds at Plantation Palms has not been good, but Labor Day weekend came at a good time.  Our family fathers at Suwannee River Rendezvous for a weekend of tubing and eating.  Golf will return on Tuesday.

77D9372F-0B5E-41E8-8976-9DB4AD0200FA.jpeg

7A19096F-657C-44B2-8173-00E822826E95.jpeg

A81328CE-BCD0-4AB6-BC8F-EF823E563698.jpeg

OMG does that ever look good and bring back memories of my childhood years in Ft. Lauderdale.  Folks said they never saw a kid put away so much shrimp, crab, and lobster... and still look like a POW 🙂.

12 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

OMG does that ever look good and bring back memories of my childhood years in Ft. Lauderdale.  Folks said they never saw a kid put away so much shrimp, crab, and lobster... and still look like a POW 🙂.

I was like that up until age 19 or 20 but alas, it didn't last.  

Only due to shell fish allergies, I amazed people with subs, pizza, Chinese, double cheeseburgers, and chili dogs instead.  .

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

16 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

And of course I have a newly arrived unopened box of P790s sitting in my office😳

So, uhhh ... need a hand with those? 😆😂

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

So, uhhh ... need a hand with those? 😆😂

Lol.  Thanks.  But I’ll try and manage.  I know it’s a tough job.  My goal is to finish the year with only 2 sets in my office. 

We’ll see if I pull that off. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

1 minute ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Lol.  Thanks.  But I’ll try and manage.  I know it’s a tough job.  My goal is to finish the year with only 2 sets in my office. 

Big Challenge, Lofty Goals😜

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

5 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

My goal is to finish the year with only 2 sets in my office. 

Hysterical GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

24 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

... If the Over - Under is 2 sets I would take the Over at 10 to 1 odds. But who would take the Under? 🤣

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

8 minutes ago, chisag said:

... If the Over - Under is 2 sets I would take the Over at 10 to 1 odds. But who would take the Under? 🤣

Ummmm…..No….

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 minute ago, cksurfdude said:

Well after an unlikely Birdie on the opening hole ...
- tee shot lined up left, aiming right .. shot draws left and juuuust carries a fairway bunker .. takes a big bounce forward .. catches the downhill slope and rolls out .. 214 according to ShotScope and that was a 4H (??!!??);
- gap wedge in (Hey look at me playing "bomb & gouge" 🤣) .. pulled it a little left .. another lucky bounce to the right and onto the fringe of the green;
- took out the putter and ended up earning this badge on ShotScope...
 ShotScope-TexasWedgeBadge.jpg.d783015a1051cf6acb0f16c2815fe87b.jpg 
😝

Tee shot on #2 was solid - also with the 4H (playing the Senior forward tees) - flared it right .. my only right miss of the day; rest of the day was a lot of the lefts .. and thanks to what was a "hurting" wind the ball got knocked down and onto the right side of the fairway (and not into the fescue covered mounds on the right) .. from where I naturally proceeded to chunk my approach .. and then narrowly missed getting up and down for an acceptable bogey.

After that things got a bit messy...
- penalty on the Par 3 #3 after splashing the first tee shot;
- penalty on the Par 5 #4 after not finding my second shot .. lost sight of it into the sun and took a drop;
- 3-putt double on #5;
- interrupted by a rare Par on the tricky Par 4 #6 with a solid enough tee shot but (again...) into the left rough .. from where I smacked my 5H right on my intended line .. and watched it bounce forward and roll up the slope and just onto the front edge of the green(!!!);
- but followed by a big mess on the Par 5 #7 where my tee shot went left (again...) and behind a tree .. could barely get a club on the ball .. got it out but was still in the thick rough .. pulled the next shot left into trouble .. couldn't find the ball (again...) and had to take another penalty drop;
- then a decent enough bogey on the short Par 3 #8 after leaving the first putt from the back fringe waaaay short;
..and..
- a disappointing Triple on the Par 4 #9 after an ok tee shot ended .. yep .. in the left rough .. had a bit of a ball below the feet lie so adjusted my aim a little left .. hit a *SOLID* 8i that took off and flew high and straight and piercing through the wind and ..... yep .. way left over the mounds and lost ... took a penalty drop........

Despite all that I did manage to hit a few good golf shots, but .. as usual .. there is still plenty of work to continue to do on the swing and on the game itself - eg. when I'm in a trouble spot I need to much more carefully consider the 'play it super-safe' (vs. just regular old 'safe') option!

I guess this snapshot from ShotScope (only 4 rounds collected so far) kinda sums it up...
ck_SG_20210904.jpg.ba61015701715e9a0b361b9318fb3b5b.jpg

I just noticed you are playing MMT shafts in your irons.  Which ones and how do you like them?

On 9/3/2021 at 4:27 PM, bens197 said:

There is something about golf that entitles people to act like spoiled trash and after 12 years working carts / golf service, nothing surprised me when I would see what people would leave in their carts. 

How odd this sounds to me… I mean you strap you clubs on and set your drink into a cup holder, then drive around and hit balls. Then you turn it in when finished… how can they wipe out a cart doing that? Even if you get a sandwich, it’s always in some kind of container, then you drop that into the trash when you’re finished…

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

17 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Yes, like bowling your going into the 10th frame with all strikes and everyone stops to watch. All you can hear is your heartbeat.

I would not know that feeling. Bowling has never been a game for me, I guess I don't drink enough! 🤭

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

4 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

How odd this sounds to me… I mean you strap you clubs on and set your drink into a cup holder, then drive around and hit balls. Then you turn it in when finished… how can they wipe out a cart doing that? Even if you get a sandwich, it’s always in some kind of container, then you drop that into the trash when you’re finished…

... Sounds odd because you are a considerate person. Bens will be much better at describing his years of experience but those "cup holders" were filled with butts, food, packets of condiments open and leaking and other nasty garbage. Same with the trays supposedly used for towels, etc. I did not see it but my GM friend told me he has seen the cup holders used as a spittoon for some that chew. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

13 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

I would not know that feeling. Bowling has never been a game for me, I guess I don't drink enough! 🤭

Yup, that's the problem. I was on a 4 man team and our team name was "Here 4 Beer"

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

11 minutes ago, chisag said:

I did not see it but my GM friend told me he has seen the cup holders used as a spittoon for some that chew. 

Now that made me ill.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

35 minutes ago, chisag said:

seen the cup holders used as a spittoon for some that chew. 

That would be my last day of that job.. 🤢🤮

But I get pissed when I see sun flower seed husks on the green…

On 9/4/2021 at 7:36 AM, NRJyzr said:

The month of August has been brutal for me.  I've seen my index go up 2 shots as I play mediocre round after mediocre round, with garbage rounds thrown in for good measure.  

Very much a First World Problem, I realize, but still a bit unsettling.

/end whining

And it got worse today.  I started with a brutal first hole, a 306 yd par 4, I managed to hit a tree on four separate shots, on my way to a nine.  <sigh>

My index was 7.1 about six weeks ago.   After this score, I will be at 9.8.  ☹

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

I'll bet anything that you hit driver trying to reach a 306 yard hole.

With lots of trees in the way.

Well. I'm sure that it would have been fun if it worked out!

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

4 hours ago, Rickp said:

Big Challenge, Lofty Goals😜

4 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Hysterical GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

3 hours ago, chisag said:

3 hours ago, Rickp said:

Ummmm…..No….

Names and comments noted.  Just to be fair I have three right now.   So one of them would have to go.   We know the T300 are going nowhere.   Unless I made a horrible mistake with the P790 I don’t see them going anywhere by the end of this year.   So that leaves the RadSpeed OL.  And I have played well with those all summer.  So it will be tough to give them up 

Hmmh?  Maybe you all are right after all 🤔

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12