Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... Sounds odd because you are a considerate person. Bens will be much better at describing his years of experience but those "cup holders" were filled with butts, food, packets of condiments open and leaking and other nasty garbage. Same with the trays supposedly used for towels, etc. I did not see it but my GM friend told me he has seen the cup holders used as a spittoon for some that chew. 

2 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

How odd this sounds to me… I mean you strap you clubs on and set your drink into a cup holder, then drive around and hit balls. Then you turn it in when finished… how can they wipe out a cart doing that? Even if you get a sandwich, it’s always in some kind of container, then you drop that into the trash when you’re finished…

There will always be a faction of people who expect others to clean up for them.  Call me crazy but I am one of those guys who takes his garbage to the bin at a baseball, football or hockey game.  

Some people will never understand something until it happens to them.  

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

13 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Names and comments noted.  Just to be fair I have three right now.   So one of them would have to go.   We know the T300 are going nowhere.   Unless I made a horrible mistake with the P790 I don’t see them going anywhere by the end of this year.   So that leaves the RadSpeed OL.  And I have played well with those all summer.  So it will be tough to give them up 

Hmmh?  Maybe you all are right after all 🤔

Keep them all!!  Your office is big enough 👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

7 minutes ago, bens197 said:

There will always be a faction of people who expect others to clean up for them.  Call me crazy but I am one of those guys who takes his garbage to the bin at a baseball, football or hockey game.  

Some people will never understand something until it happens to them.  

SWMBO picks up after people who leave the unwanted items on any available shelves handy including empty coffee cups, water bottles etc.

Actually…she usually has me bring them back to correct shelf.   

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Names and comments noted.  Just to be fair I have three right now.   So one of them would have to go.   We know the T300 are going nowhere.   Unless I made a horrible mistake with the P790 I don’t see them going anywhere by the end of this year.   So that leaves the RadSpeed OL.  And I have played well with those all summer.  So it will be tough to give them up 

Hmmh?  Maybe you all are right after all 🤔

@chisag  I think @Golfspy_CG2 just talked himself into the 'over' .  😂

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

25 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I got out today and played nine holes and my wife tagged along for the fun of driving the cart around for me.

20210905_162041-01.jpeg.752dab532399def86a540cecbee9d59c.jpeg

It was more of the same for my golf game, but at least the company was great. 

I shot 58 and since Arccos only picked up the drive on the first hole, the only other stat I kept was putts and I had 20. I had 7 2 putts and 2 3 putts. 

Started out bad on the first hole by hitting a toey duck hook, topping a fairway wood, blistering a fairway wood into a tree, topping another fairway wood, hitting a nice six iron pin high off the green, chipping up and 3 putted for a 9. I bogeyed the second, but the wheels had just come off and I couldn't recover. Having two 9's and 3 7's on the scorecard didn't do much to help with scoring.

It wasn't all bad, when I was able to incorporate a few swings with the change I'm working on, it was nice! I can recall a 6 iron on the par 3 8th hole that was so good, and ended up pin high right and a nice 9 iron on the last hole as a couple of examples. 

My wedge game was on today, too. I hit a flighted 52 on the 4th that hit the green and just stopped. I also hit a 56 degree on the 8th hole where I had a tight pin and downhill slope to about 8 feet. 

Changes take time and taking them to the course seem to take longer, but I'm happy to see the potential is there. 

Keep on keepin on man, glad your wife was with you. Changing your swing can be frustrating and not one thing works for everyone, I’ve mixed and matched this year. Some good some bad it’ll show in time all the hard work you’re putting in

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Just now, Lacassem said:

Keep on keepin on man, glad your wife was with you. Changing your swing can be frustrating and not one thing works for everyone, I’ve mixed and matched this year. Some good some bad it’ll show in time all the hard work you’re putting in

Thanks Mark!  It's slowly showing signs of life, just got to get some thoughts out of my head on the course and I think I'll see a difference. My mental game is weak right now on full swings and I'm fighting off frustration, having the wife along helped as she keeps me grounded. 

2 hours ago, BostonSal said:

I'll bet anything that you hit driver trying to reach a 306 yard hole.

With lots of trees in the way.

Well. I'm sure that it would have been fun if it worked out!

I *did* hit driver, but not trying to reach it; I don't have that kind of junk in the trunk anymore.  The hole has a reasonably wide fairway.  I just hit Randy Johnson's Mr Snappy, then hit a tree trying to punch out (indignity!), and so on.

In contrast, I don't hit driver on the 335 yard 2nd hole, because it's not as open as it looks.

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

37 minutes ago, Tom D. said:

Was the first off the tee on the back side this morning (not the first one there, but the guy motioned for me to go ahead as he was still warming up), so the dashingly good looking trio of me, myself, and I strode up and hit it down the middle.  He was then right behind me the whole round until 18, where he must have fallen off the horse.

Pushed my drive on the 11th a bit to the right, with a sparse maple between me and the flag, I did some inadvertent arborist work and ended up short. But the attached pic will let you know that the ensuing chip was $$$, for a one-putt par.

Stroked it pretty well overall, and was on every par 3 in regulation, but scared it on the way by each time, and never did convert anything for a birdie (oh well)...

And my new SL2 replacement from Voice Caddie never had the GPS freeze, so that's good news !

Hole 11 Los Lagos 9-5-21.jpg

That's a great short game shot and way to go on being able to recover from hitting the tree! It's good to hear you didn't have any problems with the Voice Caddie. 

3 hours ago, NRJyzr said:

I *did* hit driver, but not trying to reach it; I don't have that kind of junk in the trunk anymore.  The hole has a reasonably wide fairway.  I just hit Randy Johnson's Mr Snappy, then hit a tree trying to punch out (indignity!), and so on.

Wow, nobody's ever done that before!

And by that I mean that almost all of us do it fairly regularly.

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

It couldn't have been a nicer day to play this morning, but we only went nine

because everybody but I had someplace to go.

I played a pretty so-so front nine--43--not a good sign because i usually fade coming back in.

But so what?  It's always great to be playing golf with your friends on a perfect September morning.

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

So tomorrow is the start of what we call the Barefoot Cup.

Its the culmination of our yearly Tuesday Members League competition. They take the top 40 from the money list and after tomorrow the top 10 in both gross and net continue on to play the next two Tuesdays and play net stroke play after which a winner will be crowned.

I barely snuck in this year at #36 after missing over half the year with back and other issues. Thankfully I played well enough when I was able, but now I’m between a rock and a hard place.

I really want to give it a go tomorrow, but I haven’t touched a club since last Saturday(10 days ago) when the back went out again. I’m not in terrible pain this time, just stiff across my lower back, and prone to mild spasms when I make a wrong move. Right now I think it’s 50-50 whether I’d be able to complete my round, (although the old ball player inside my head is telling me to rub some dirt on it and go get some, 😆).

My concern is that on one hand I feel I earned my spot, and the right to go out and give this a go. On the other, I don’t know if I’m being selfish here. I’m sure the person who finished 41st would love the chance to get in. 
What is the proper call here, I want to give it a try, but should I bow out and give another, healthier player my spot?

EDIT I just want to add if this were a one and done comp, I’d withdraw, because I doubt I’d be able to win playing less than 100% but I think even if I play at 70-80% tomorrow, as long as I’m able to finish the round I think my game is good enough to  finish top 10 in one of either gross or net and advance. I’m just not sure about being able to finish. 🙄

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:           :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:       :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 25*

Irons:             :touredgeexotics:  E722 6-AW

Wedges:        :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

14th club?     :cobra-small:  Speedzone  4H 21*  

:touredgeexotics:  E722 GW 51*                     

That's a tough call, but once you've decided, don't second guess yourself.

Just go with it.

You're obviously not doing anything wrong either way.

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

37 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

I really want to give it a go tomorrow, but I haven’t touched a club since last Saturday(10 days ago) when the back went out again. I’m not in terrible pain 

My concern is that on one hand I feel I earned my spot, and the right to go out and give this a go. On the other, I don’t know if I’m being selfish here. I’m sure the person who finished 41st would love the chance to get in. 
What is the proper call here, I want to give it a try, but should I bow out and give another, healthier player my spot?

EDIT I just want to add if this were a one and done comp, I’d withdraw, because I doubt I’d be able to win playing less than 100% but I think even if I play at 70-80% tomorrow, as long as I’m able to finish the round I think my game is good enough to  finish top 10 in one of either gross or net and advance. I’m just not sure about being able to finish. 🙄

If you earned your spot you shouldn't feel guilty about someone who just missed the cut. What is most important is your health. These are the questions you need to ask yourself.

Are you well enough to play?

Are you going to aggravate your back even more?

Is a bask in glory worth the weeks of pain if you re-injure your back? 

If your well enough to play, go kick some butt.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Got out this morning with @DiscipleofPenick and played one of the more upscale public courses in the area. Drove the ball pretty well, but that was about it. Couldn't putt and short game was garbage. Ended up with a 92. The course was in great shape and a fun round. I want another crack at it now that I've seen it.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

1 hour ago, Grand Stranded said:

So tomorrow is the start of what we call the Barefoot Cup.

Its the culmination of our yearly Tuesday Members League competition. They take the top 40 from the money list and after tomorrow the top 10 in both gross and net continue on to play the next two Tuesdays and play net stroke play after which a winner will be crowned.

I barely snuck in this year at #36 after missing over half the year with back and other issues. Thankfully I played well enough when I was able, but now I’m between a rock and a hard place.

I really want to give it a go tomorrow, but I haven’t touched a club since last Saturday(10 days ago) when the back went out again. I’m not in terrible pain this time, just stiff across my lower back, and prone to mild spasms when I make a wrong move. Right now I think it’s 50-50 whether I’d be able to complete my round, (although the old ball player inside my head is telling me to rub some dirt on it and go get some, 😆).

You earned it, play (without getting hurt) and have fun 👍 

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Got out this morning with @DiscipleofPenick and played one of the more upscale public courses in the area. Drove the ball pretty well, but that was about it. Couldn't putt and short game was garbage. Ended up with a 92. The course was in great shape and a fun round. I want another crack at it now that I've seen it.

I couldn't putt either, the greens almost felt like done kind of Bermuda grass, nothing I've ever noticed in Ohio before. Though I chipped well and hit a fair number of greens. Driver wasnt great but I was never in trouble with it and it showed up at the end of the round. Shot of the day was a 60 yard wedge I stuck at 2 feet for a kick in bird. Always a good time with @MaxEntropy

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Gorgeous day today. Humid early but burned off by the 3rd hole with a mild breeze.

8126C40F-7752-460A-B50F-132DA837C1B5.jpeg.f9f32ed9f1f4f78bb4494f509195e21c.jpeg

84 44/40 (+12) with 4 pars, 4 birdies, 6 bogeys, 2 doubles and 2 triples.

-6 fairways (most were not off by much) 8 greens, 32 putts (7 (1) putts and 3 (3) putts)

86524B3C-E995-423C-9E26-F149804DBF89.png.3ada0bb659050c26d747c1b568a94e17.png

We started off the back, guess there is a league Monday morning. Started bad, not awful shots from the tee but poor decisions afterwards (shouldn’t be hitting 3W off the deck on a par 5 first hole when it’s wet and you haven’t gotten into a groove yet and overcooking a punch) and started triple, double, double. 
Was disappointed but things turned around quick stringing together par, and 4 birdies in a row! I have never done that consecutively, was pretty stoked. Probably would have had another but landed a fairway bunker on 18 that I still can’t believe do, thought I cleared it easily but alas bogey.

Got to the front and was ok, nothing spectacular with a few penalties, birdie train may have gotten to me a bit, but glad I was able to string that together was really positive for me. The 4:

D576BC50-49B1-4651-BA69-DD6BEA863009.png.d80eb098564afb79f467562192fdbf3d.pngC2DDEEDA-3681-415F-9D6B-5175F5516F81.png.9b8bda1b10b78201d04f889aab3a9878.png8B832C5D-CD57-4FA3-B8FA-53D2D4185726.png.d044b473009c66287c77e67be3dbc9dc.png285ECD95-3F57-4BA4-8ED2-4287AA4497B7.png.39e56c39dd9e193116179383cf94aae0.png

That's a great string of holes you had! Looks like the Evnroll/Fujikura combo was red hot with 4 putts on 4 holes. You still got to make the reads and hit the line, but having confidence in the putter is a big advantage. 

3 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

That's a great string of holes you had! Looks like the Evnroll/Fujikura combo was red hot with 4 putts on 4 holes. You still got to make the reads and hit the line, but having confidence in the putter is a big advantage. 

Pretty much anticipated not making putts outside of 10’ prior, would have the occasional rabbit in a hat but for about 3 rounds now that range is really makeable. Real game changer and a few others they were bogey and helped not being worse

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

3 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Pretty much anticipated not making putts outside of 10’ prior, would have the occasional rabbit in a hat but for about 3 rounds now that range is really makeable. Real game changer and a few others they were bogey and helped not being worse

I was reading about your day over in the testing thread and saw how well you compared to a scratch golfer in that 10-25 for range. What was it 2.2 strokes gained? That's phenomenal!

15 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I was reading about your day over in the testing thread and saw how well you compared to a scratch golfer in that 10-25 for range. What was it 2.2 strokes gained? That's phenomenal!

Yea I’ve been trying to make sure I got the putting data over there.

yes 2.2 which I have not been even sniffing 0 even when I was putting well previously with the odyssey. I really am lining up and putting just seeing things really well right now minus a few hiccups here and there.

Check out my reviews:

WITB: