TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

21 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

Maybe I'm crazy, but I always take that as a sign that it's time to replace my shoes. Please don't tell my wife the spikes are replaceable. 😉

Your secret is safe with me! But I love these shoes. So they’ll get another season or two with annual spike replacements. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

26 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Our course hosted the annual Southern Oregon Golf Championship (match play event).  I didn't play this year, so I caddied for my friend.  He was in the Championship flight (Seniors Division), but lost his first match and dropped to the 1st flight.  We went on to defeat our opponents (who also lost their first match) and today won the final match 2 up after 18.  It was a really tough fight between 2 good players.  I think between them, they had 9 birdies on the 18 holes.  He got the crystal and I got a free lunch.  I work cheaply 🙂  

@dlow206 read this post and take advantage of this man’s offer to guide you around a course and help you break 90.

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

2 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

@dlow206 read this post and take advantage of this man’s offer to guide you around a course and help you break 90.

I would also take a caddie like that

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

23 hours ago, MattF said:

The score doesn't indicate some of my ball striking. Shot a 91, which sucks, but got a lot better with the driver, so my short games went south.

We'll see what today brings.

Same score and same 9 hole split...that's weird. But 29 putts. I think the Yes knows it's days are numbered because I almost couldn't miss. Driver was, for the most part for me, on song. Had 2 really crappy drives and it was all me not the club.

This swing change needs to hurry up and take because I really don't like seeing my HDCP going up.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Over the weekend I played a 2 Day Stableford USAMTour Event down at Pine Dunes Golf course. 
I was excited to play this tournament, 1. I played this course at least once every year and I really enjoy the Stableford format.

Day one was a real disappointment as couldn't stop the doubles from wrecking my score and points, the old you have to be in the fairway was very true, the rough was punishing, but the greens where as faster than I have ever played them before.  No excuses , I played awful, I had nothing working for me.

Day Two, well this was more what I was expecting, drove the ball well, putted great and had a couple of bad holes, but over all it was a great improvement over day one. Made a move but day one points really hurt and could only get to 22nd overall. 
This has been my theme for the past few years in 2 or 3 days tournament, the first day am awful, but the next day , am back in and making moves. I know am a better chaser than front runner at this time.  

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50  (secondary shaft HRDZ Black 6.0 Stiff)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

After all my earlier whining about my game, I showed signs of life yesterday.  My front nine scorecard had a Mickelsonian vibe....

#1, burned edge on makeable birdie, par
#2, can't get up and down from bunker, bogey
#3, burned edge on birdie putt, par
#4, 30 yds short in two into the wind, make 15 footer for bird
#5, can't get up and down after another burned edge, bogey
#6, Mr Snappy, and hash it up from there for a crowd pleasing triple
#7, overcompensate for Mr Snappy and flare my drive right, hit 8i over trees to 15 feet, make the bird
#8, burned edge 20 footer, par
#9, this one hurt...  431 yd par 4, one of three holes I've not birdied on this course this year.  I hit to 7 feet, makeable birdie putt, and you guess it, lipped it out on the high side, par.

39 on the front with a triple.  Yay me.

Two crowd pleasing doubles on the back, after some lovely tee shots, and another handful of burned edges lead to a 42 back nine and an 81 (course is 69.0/122 from tees we played).  After all the crap I'd been hitting, I feel an 81 with two dubs and a trip is actually fairly reasonable, for a 7-8 capper.

Other interesting thing about the round....  I assembled a HZRDUS Black 62 in an All Fit adapter, plugged it into my King LTD, playing it at 45".  I've long been a proponent of shorter drivers, and have never gotten along with lighter graphite, but my experiment with a Motore Speeder 6.3 TS in my Original One convinced me to give it another shot.  Friend has the HZRDUS 62 6.5 in his King F6, I've hit that stick surprisingly well, got the 75g version with my LTD, so ordered the goods.

Aside from Mr Snappy and the overcorrection mentioned above, I'd call it a success.  I had none of the issues I've had in the past with <70g shafts.  Maybe my tempo is mellowing with age.  LOL

Edited by NRJyzr

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

Second round in the books with my T100 -S irons.  Also the second round with my new Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 putter.  It might be new putter fever and in a honeymoon period, but it felt great yesterday.  More details on the round the comments section of the Titleist Iron Testing Thread.

72 - 39/33

FIR - 7

GIR - 10

Putts 28

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

Second day in a row of stopping after nine.

This feels like the Tuesday Night League of after-work golf

back when we were afflicted with the necessity of working for a living, God forbid. 

Except it's early morning, not twilight.  

The guys are getting old, so I must be as well.

Oh, well.   Broke forty sinking a twenty footer on 18 [played the back this time].

Starting on the back is the only way I can occasionally break forty there.

Not sure why, but I never play the second nine as well as as the first.

Probably the attention span capability of an aging brain. We're riding. I'm not that tired.

Anybody know a cure for this phenomenon?  

[Talking about playing as well on the second nine, not about aging.

If you have a cure for the latter, now we're really talking about something.]

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

On 9/5/2021 at 3:26 PM, fixyurdivot said:

I just noticed you are playing MMT shafts in your irons.  Which ones and how do you like them?

I like them a lot - nice feel and response, with a hint of a little kick at impact. I actually have the 60g/A flex .. last year I had the original 0211s with 70g/R MMTs and - for me (decent shape but 65 now; just under 5' 7" and about 156 lbs) - the lighter ones are just easier to swing more freely, eg. don't feel like I have to work as hard.

Before these I had Recoils in my irons (which I also like).

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I had such a rough round on Monday, I felt like I was fighting my swing the whole front 9. My driver was so straight, but I kept having the killer over the top creating my pulls, which is what I am working on in lessons with my pro. After hole 12 I just put the scorecard away, to just try to take some pressure off and just see if I could hit some good shots. Then on 13, I hit 6 iron to 2 feet and really thought I had my first hole in one, and from then on I started playing alot better. I do try to focus on the positives of the round, my ball striking is the best it has ever been, and I have hit some of the best shots of my life this last month when I get it right.  I am scratching my head on whether I need another lesson this week, or just grind on the range on what I am needing to work on to get rid of the other the top pulls. 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

I like them a lot - nice feel and response, with a hint of a little kick at impact. I actually have the 60g/A flex .. last year I had the original 0211s with 70g/R MMTs and - for me (decent shape but 65 now; just under 5' 7" and about 156 lbs) - the lighter ones are just easier to swing more freely, eg. don't feel like I have to work as hard.

Before these I had Recoils in my irons (which I also like).

I really liked the Recoil SMACWrap ES760 F3's.  Had I not had a fitting and just went with the PING fitting kiosk, I'd have very likely chose G425's with the Recoil. The TrueSpec fitter was really smitten with Mitsubishi's iron shafts and the ZX series irons... not that that had any bearing on my final decision mind you 😄.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

My wife and I played in a couple's Red, White and Blue scramble tournament on Labor Day.  Not something I like to do unless it's for a charity I support.  The format is Men start from the Blue tees; Women start from the White tees.  If we make a bogey or worse, Men move up to White tees; Women move up to Red tees.  If we make a birdie, Men go to Black tees and Women move to Blue tees.  My focus was to NEVER make a birdie when I'm on the Blue tees.  My thought process was that making a birdie doesn't offset the ensuing double bogey on the next hole!!  Well, I managed to stay on the Blues and and Whites.  

Our team handicap was 6 (35% of the high index plus 15% of the low index).  We shot +2 of the front nine and EVEN on the back nine, so a 74... net 68.  I have no idea how we finished, but I'm guessing near the bottom.  🙄

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

A lovely day at the park and I played pretty well, just didn’t get any birdies today.

Adele just keeps rolling great putts. It’s nice to finally have a “great” flat stick.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

8 hours ago, cjeffs12 said:

I had such a rough round on Monday, I felt like I was fighting my swing the whole front 9. My driver was so straight, but I kept having the killer over the top creating my pulls, which is what I am working on in lessons with my pro. After hole 12 I just put the scorecard away, to just try to take some pressure off and just see if I could hit some good shots. Then on 13, I hit 6 iron to 2 feet and really thought I had my first hole in one, and from then on I started playing alot better. I do try to focus on the positives of the round, my ball striking is the best it has ever been, and I have hit some of the best shots of my life this last month when I get it right.  I am scratching my head on whether I need another lesson this week, or just grind on the range on what I am needing to work on to get rid of the other the top pulls. 

IMO from my experience it's best to keep working on what your pro said until you think you've made the change.  Then let the pro look to see if you fixed the issue, or if you need an adjustment.  Change doesn't happen overnight.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Sundays round was a tale of 2 9’s…..started slow found a rhythm and finished strong.

closed the back 9 going par, par, birdie,par!

46 / 39 = 85

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

7 hours ago, Kenny B said:

IMO from my experience it's best to keep working on what your pro said until you think you've made the change.  Then let the pro look to see if you fixed the issue, or if you need an adjustment.  Change doesn't happen overnight.

That is so true, and I keep reminding myself that it will take time. That’s what I thought would be best too. Thank you 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

47 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

I played the hybrid tees on Friday and couldn't have played better shot a 79 for my first round breaking 80.

Congrats!  Get this man a new badge.

Blazin Saddles We Dont Need Badges GIF - Blazin Saddles We Dont Need Badges  We Dont Need No Stinking Badges - Discover &amp; Share GIFs

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

What do you know?

We actually completely a full round today!

I played OK.  OK is always good enough to bring me back.

But I've got a bigger problem than that.

Everybody was tired and wanted to go straight home afterward.

The guys are getting too old to hang out and socialize.

And we finish too early for them to throw down a few.

Now to a real obsessive player, that wouldn't matter.

They're out for the golf, period.

For me, though, the hanging out at the club is almost half of it.

We have some very nice green fee courses in the area if I only cared about playing.

I didn't play at all last year because the social aspect of playing was shut down by covid.

Well, anytime I don't feel like going straight home from now on, I may just stay and hang out by myself.  You always run into somebody, and if you don't, there are interesting golf trade publications to read.

[I don't know how explanations that I read years ago about why they stopped letting us wear real  spikes, but whatever number it was, that's the number of them that I didn't believe.]

For now, getting on line and complaining to you guys is serving as a substitute.

Of course on weekends, when I don't play and spend time with the wife and dog,  most of you guys are out playing!

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

19 minutes ago, BostonSal said:

What do you know?

We actually completely a full round today!

I played OK.  OK is always good enough to bring me back.

But I've got a bigger problem than that.

Everybody was tired and wanted to go straight home afterward.

The guys are getting too old to hang out and socialize.

And we finish too early for them to throw down a few.

Now to a real obsessive player, that wouldn't matter.

They're out for the golf, period.

For me, though, the hanging out at the club is almost half of it.

We have some very nice green fee courses in the area if I only cared about playing.

I didn't play at all last year because the social aspect of playing was shut down by covid.

Well, anytime I don't feel like going straight home from now on, I may just stay and hang out by myself.  You always run into somebody, and if you don't, there are interesting golf trade publications to read.

[I don't know how explanations that I read years ago about why they stopped letting us wear real  spikes, but whatever number it was, that's the number of them that I didn't believe.]

For now, getting on line and complaining to you guys is serving as a substitute.

Of course on weekends, when I don't play and spend time with the wife and dog,  most of you guys are out playing!

I used to look forward to golf league nights. After the round everyone would hang out, get burgers, drink beers, pick on each other and talk about their good shots and misses. Then the hanging out dwindled down. Shortly after that they started getting earlier tee times due to some of the guys getting out of work earlier. 

So you get there and most are already out on the course. Then they get done and just leave. By the time the last groups are finishing up everyone was gone. Got so bad that I said what's the point I can play anywhere by myself or with a couple of guys. The entire camaraderie was gone. So I just quit the work league. By the next season the entire league fell apart. This was about three years ago prior to COVID.

I don't know if the times are changing or just coincidence. But I don't see this bonding much in my area. I belong to a private club as well and I don't see it there either. People go, play, and leave unless there is a function. Even our pool has seen much less activity from 5 years ago. Our membership has grown so it make no sense.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

2 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I used to look forward to golf league nights. After the round everyone would hang out, get burgers, drink beers, pick on each other and talk about their good shots and misses. Then the hanging out dwindled down. Shortly after that they started getting earlier tee times due to some of the guys getting out of work earlier. 

So you get there and most are already out on the course. Then they get done and just leave. By the time the last groups are finishing up everyone was gone. Got so bad that I said what's the point I can play anywhere by myself or with a couple of guys. The entire camaraderie was gone. So I just quit the work league. By the next season the entire league fell apart. This was about three years ago prior to COVID.

I don't know if the times are changing or just coincidence. But I don't see this bonding much in my area. I belong to a private club as well and I don't see it there either. People go, play, and leave unless there is a function. Even our pool has seen much less activity from 5 years ago. Our membership has grown so it make no sense.

It's why I quit league play. When I turned 16 (coincidence coming) my dad has me join his work league. It was competitive golf on great course. I paid my dues, skins, and weekly games like everyone else, no issues with a kid in the league. And most of them went to the bar afterwards.

Now as an adult, I tried 2 different leagues and left both after 1 season. The more recent was the better of the 2, the guys were friendlier and some would hang out a bit after, we'd do cookouts at least twice a season. But no one wanted to golf beyond that 9 holes. The other league was based around flighted match play, so I only ever had rounds with the other 7 guys in my flight. And no one ever stayed, perfectly fine too play with but everyone went straight to their cars and headed home after the 9th green.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Played stinky today.  Ball striking was off.  I was just moving too much on the swing.  Putter was so-so, but in most cases I was too far from the hole with my approach shots.  Shot an 85.  Just one of the 12 scores that aren't used to calculate the HC 🙂

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

82 (42/40) at the Ole Miss Golf Course. I can’t hit a green to save my life right now (28%), and the driver swing I had Saturday just wouldn’t work today. Tough not knowing where to aim on the tee box.  Frustrating round….

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX