Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

On 8/16/2021 at 10:08 AM, cnosil said:

Additionally players end up short because they don’t know how far they hit the ball; they play to that personal best number that they seldom achieve .  

So true.  It also supports the argument that most higher handicap players should choose the next stronger lofted club - especially if borderline on yardage.

This is where having spent more range sessions with the SC200 and gathering min/max/avg carry distances has really helped me.  My last range session I worked only with my 8i-AW and hit 2 large buckets.  I'm really liking the consistency and gapping with the ZX5's.  I'm going to repeat this with the 4i-7i next session.  As is typical for most of us, getting consistent yardages on the long irons is more challenging and where @cnosilcomment above is most applicable.

I'm also taking a tip from @Tom the Golf Nutabout making range sessions more deliberate and focused on an objective - as opposed to just mindlessly smashing balls. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:
On 8/16/2021 at 9:08 AM, cnosil said:

Additionally players end up short because they don’t know how far they hit the ball; they play to that personal best number that they seldom achieve .  

So true.  It also supports the argument that most higher handicap players should choose the next stronger lofted club - especially if borderline on yardage.

... 👍 to both you guys. I have said this many times but every mid to high index player (and some low index players) should commit to playing 18-36 holes taking one more club for every iron shot. They should run the "risk" of flying greens and take full swings. If they have 150yds and that is how far they think they normally hit their 7 iron, they should hit a 6 iron. If the pin is in the back they should still hit 6 iron and deal with the chip back if they do indeed fly the green, which almost all will not.

... One of my Aha! moments came when I started hitting more club anytime I even considered it. In-between clubs, a slight wind in my face or a little uphill and if I was even thinking 6 or 7 iron I went with 6 iron. I learned about 80% of the time more club was a better choice and with a front or middle pin the other 20% I had a reasonable putt from beyond the flag. When folks watch tour events they should notice Pro's are past the pin 50% of the time when they are not pin high. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

The driver wasn’t quite as “slicy” which was good and my iron play was spotty. But for me the highlight was no 3 putts on newly aerated and sanded greens. Being selected to test an Evnroll putter earlier this year was the push I needed to concentrate more on putting. I need to test irons next. 😂😂

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

4 hours ago, MattWillGolf said:

The driver wasn’t quite as “slicy” which was good and my iron play was spotty. But for me the highlight was no 3 putts on newly aerated and sanded greens. Being selected to test an Evnroll putter earlier this year was the push I needed to concentrate more on putting. I need to test irons next. 😂😂

Have you worked out which side of the bed the Evnroll gets?  My wife say's the spare bed isn't all that uncomfortable. 😆  

12 hours ago, Paul Hedrick said:

That'll teach you to do yard work instead of golfing!  LOL

Has to be done.  If I don't do it and pay someone, then less money for golf!!  So.......

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

5 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Has to be done.  If I don't do it and pay someone, then less money for golf!!  So.......

I do everything except cut the grass but that’s getting old.  Maybe another couple years.  Cost me $80 month for a guy to cut, trim & edge.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

19 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I'm like you... hate paying someone else to do stuff that I can do.  It's not the money, it's the principle... well, that and I'm frugal.

20 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I do everything except cut the grass but that’s getting old.  Maybe another couple years.  Cost me $80 month for a guy to cut, trim & edge.

I have help cutting the grass.  My wife wants to do most of it... I get the hard part!  🙄

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 minute ago, Kenny B said:

I have help cutting the grass.  My wife wants to do most of it... I get the hard part!  🙄

Our next place won't have grass.

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

damn! i’m paying $300 a month. 

it’d almost be cheaper to fly your guy in…

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

29 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

damn! i’m paying $300 a month. 

it’d almost be cheaper to fly your guy in…

He cuts once a week during growing season usually 8 months, 2 times rest of year. The grass is Zoysia and it’s thick can’t be done with a regular mower. 
I’ve taken 2 trees out and probably 20 + shrubs to keep yard neat.  The developer who built my house overdid it.  We redid the layout so it’s a bit easier for me.  SWMBO had me switch out shrubs for flowers and flowering plants.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Played Diamante Country Club in Hot Springs Village, AR, with my good friend and previous neighbor of 18 years.  Hit the ball pretty solid most of the day.  On the front, I birdied the last hole to shoot 37.  Not sure why, but the back was a bit different.  I was still striking the ball well, but wasn't making putts.  Seems that speed of the greens was different and I was having difficulties with speed control.  Anyway 42 on the back with 6 bogies, most of which were due to poor distance control or not well read.  My approach shots left me longer putts or missed the greens requiring some delicate chips.  79 for the day and my friend edged me out with a 78.  Overall, pleased with tee shots and irons with a few exceptions here and there.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

22 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Huh?!  Moving??  Soon??  

Still looking for a place in SCG. Except for the common areas and golf courses, the only grass allowed is the kind you don't mow.  And, after decades of mowing grass, I'm certain I won't miss it.

11 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I'm like you... hate paying someone else to do stuff that I can do.  It's not the money, it's the principle... well, that and I'm frugal.

I'm the same but I can come right out and say I'm tight. 😬

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I got back last night from a 10 day trip to Long Island to visit family. I got to play twice, once with friends and then with my two nephews.

I’m really starting to hit the ball a lot better now that my back feels good (knock wood). It’s such a silly game though. My full swings are back on point, but my putter has suddenly become an issue. I’m fine with a long lag, or something between 6-10 feet, but I’ve been pulling everything inside that 6’ distance. It’s gotten to the point where I won’t take anything inside two feet because I know I have to sort it out for league and comp play. That’s easier said then done though as I can’t figure out the problem… it doesn’t feel like I’m doing anything different.

Ah well, I’m not going to stress over it. How often does a mid cap have every part of his game working well? 🙄

I had a great time up on the Island and it seems the  sweltering summer we had down here is finally over. I’m going to enjoy the next 6-7 weeks down here before I head back up for Thanksgiving through Christmas.

Driver:           :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:       :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 25*

Irons:             :touredgeexotics:  E722 6-AW

Wedges:        :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

14th club?     :cobra-small:  Speedzone  4H 21*  

:touredgeexotics:  E722 GW 51*                     

49 minutes ago, MattF said:

I'm the same but I can come right out and say I'm tight. 😬

What is going on with the Sub 70 putter?
Are you going to leave me the last of the Mohicans using a Tracy? 🤷‍♂️

Driver:           :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:       :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 25*

Irons:             :touredgeexotics:  E722 6-AW

Wedges:        :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

14th club?     :cobra-small:  Speedzone  4H 21*  

:touredgeexotics:  E722 GW 51*                     

14 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Have you worked out which side of the bed the Evnroll gets?  My wife say's the spare bed isn't all that uncomfortable. 😆  

My Evnroll demanded its own room. Apparently I snore too much. 🤦🏻‍♂️

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

10 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Still looking for a place in SCG. Except for the common areas and golf courses, the only grass allowed is the kind you don't mow.  And, after decades of mowing grass, I'm certain I won't miss it.

Tuesday played tough Exec long LOTTSA water carry, I was in the 1st of 3 groups.  Didn’t much matter to me as I was just chipping & putting. 
When our group finished we waited next to the green & watched the “carnage” as the other groups came up short & wet.  
Last group one of the guys came up short into the trap in front of the green.  He got it out really well, over the green & kept going bouncing off Starter Shack kicked off a couple carts and nicked a guy in the leg ricocheted off stone wall and finally landed next to my cart near the green!  I was yelling Fore and everyone next to Starter Shack ignored me😱.  He still had a shot at the Flag👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

Played 9 holes with the T100-s and the Mizunos today. Added the detail in the comments of the test thread - take a look if you're curious. 

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

76 score . One of better days this season .  I been chasing the long ball and my handicap balloon to 15   with many lost balls and unplayablable   this season.

Played a shorter course and off the white tee took out my irons mostly The greens at this course were not tricky that day .

Short game has always been my  way to lower scores, Confident with my wedges , My driver and Fw still a work in progress but I feel much better than at the beginning  of the season  I had a good day taking the left side out of play when I did take out the driver and fairway woods

I was playing to wider fairways earlier this year but now feel I can take it out on tighter fairways. getting good height on my driver now and not afraid if I need to drive over a tree ( given it reasonable risk )

I rather not have two way misses if I can avoid it.

Got out with my dad who's visiting with some other family. I shot a 79* (* threw in a breakfast ball for casual play) putting was significantly better. Driving was okay below my average. Chipping was normal (garbage) and my irons were less than stellar. Great round of golf though happy to play with the old man. 

Screenshot_20210930-154429.png

• Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 8° Accra FX2.0 250 M4
  • PXG 5 wood turned 4 wood hzrd black
  • PXG 3 Hybrid hzrd black
  • Taylormade 2019 P790's KBS Tour S 4-5
  • PXG 0211 ST 6-GW
  • Vokey 54/58° sm8 
  • Mizuno Mcraft 3

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

My league season came to a disappointing end today.

Unfortunately one of those days where the game just never got off the ground, shot 47/48-95 for a net 76.  My opponent shot 42/42-84 for a net 74.   

There are so many things I can look back on for that 2 shot difference, but the biggest one is simply I didn't' play well. Granted I know he had a hole maybe 2 he'd like back as well, especially our 16th hole, where I made a triple bogey due to an OB tee shot and three put, and he made a very sloppy double bogey that kept me in it until my final double on the 18th hole, to his par.  

The only part of the game that kept me in was iron play was pretty solid, winning me a  closest to the pin on a tough par 3, and the new Scotty Cameron Newport Select performed really good minus the three putt which to be fair was a very tricky fast and sloping green. 

It's sad to see the season come to an end just as the full Titleist bag was taking shape in all aspects!

Still some casual rounds left and maybe a couple 2 man tournaments as well. 

Took a few hours to decompress from the disappointment of the loss today.  Ok and to get some work done 😬

looking at these  I see now it’s a wonder I didn’t shoot 110 and lose by 15 🤣

here are the vitals 

8/14 fairways 

4 GIR

33 putts 

5 PENALTY strokes.  That’s a killer right there. 

The GIR is about half of what I have been hitting of late.  Granted probably 3 or 4 of them were just off the green.  But I had way too many from 100 or 110 yards that I missed.   Including one that went long into a hazard ☹️

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12