TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

34 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Took a few hours to decompress from the disappointment of the loss today.  Ok and to get some work done 😬

looking at these  I see now it’s a wonder I didn’t shoot 110 and lose by 15 🤣

here are the vitals 

8/14 fairways 

4 GIR

33 putts 

5 PENALTY strokes.  That’s a killer right there. 

The GIR is about half of what I have been hitting of late.  Granted probably 3 or 4 of them were just off the green.  But I had way too many from 100 or 110 yards that I missed.   Including one that went long into a hazard ☹️

Just one of those days… at our level, we’re always going to have them. 🤷‍♂️
Reading your prior post about your final week of league play made me realize how fortunate I am to be down here in M.B. We just had our league championship wrap up two weeks ago, but just like the PGA Tour we started right back up the next week.

***that’s the only part of our league that resembles the Tour btw. 🙄

I can play in a league any day of the week down here, both at my club or in travel groups. So between that and the various comps that are seemingly always going on I actually look forward to heading up north for the holidays. I marvel at the guys who play 5-6 days a week year round. I don’t know how they do it.

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

11 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

... but I’ve been pulling everything inside that 6’ distance...   That’s easier said then done though as I can’t figure out the problem… it doesn’t feel like I’m doing anything different.

It never does.  I did that for awhile last year.  On short putts, it's very easy to turn your upper body slightly during the stroke, and it doesn't take much.  If you look at the ball during the stroke, there is a tendency to move the eyes to the follow the ball, and sometimes that happens too soon.  Problem is... that can move the head which can also move the shoulders.

Since I look at the hole during the stroke, my issue was moving my lower body.  I didn't know I did that until Monte pointed it out at his clinic last March.  I have to make a point of resting my lead hand on my lead hip when I warmup before each round with trail hand only putts.  If I move my lower body, I can feel it with my hand on my hip, otherwise I can't.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

18 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

Shot my lowest round ever 2.5 weeks ago with 71.  Today I blew past that with my first ever sub 70 round.  Only bogey on the day was the 17th hole where I blocked a par 3 tee shot terribly right (nerves got to me).  Pitch shot coming back burned the edge but I missed the 10 footer for par and settled for bogey.

image.png.fcae4b6ad10d7fa0ebb68112b76d0f98.png

Feels like I lost the perfect game but still pitched a no-hitter.  Awesome day.

Congratulations 👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

10 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Just one of those days… at our level, we’re always going to have them. 🤷‍♂️
Reading your prior post about your final week of league play made me realize how fortunate I am to be down here in M.B. We just had our league championship wrap up two weeks ago, but just like the PGA Tour we started right back up the next week.

***that’s the only part of our league that resembles the Tour btw. 🙄

I can play in a league any day of the week down here, both at my club or in travel groups. So between that and the various comps that are seemingly always going on I actually look forward to heading up north for the holidays. I marvel at the guys who play 5-6 days a week year round. I don’t know how they do it.

Yep exactly. And I said as much to my opponent.  I said that’s why we’re amateurs.  

Then just like you mentioning the pros he said the only thing we have in common with the gsme they play is all play with a round white ball and our clubs have numbers on the bottom 😬

I said yep that sums it up perfectly. 

Another note. I am kinda glad in a way I didn’t win   There were two holes where he thought my score was 1 stroke higher than it was, two doubles that he thought were triples   One because he kept miscounting when counting a penalty stroke and the other where he thought I 3 putted instead of 2 putted  

it never got contentious as we walked through each hole several times when it happened.  But I could tell he was more or less just saying “well if you say so” snd wasn’t totally convinced.   This is where it would have been nice to have another pair in the group to help out  

So to me a loss is better than a tainted win. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

23 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

What is going on with the Sub 70 putter?
Are you going to leave me the last of the Mohicans using a Tracy? 🤷‍♂️

It looks like you might be. The Tracy seems to be enjoying retirement and the 005 is absolutely killing it. It's a lag putters dream.

I played yesterday and was paired up with other members that I've played with quite a lot. Driver was still great with 44% FIW on the front and 67% on the back. Shot a 45/41 86. Irons were a lot better on the back 9 but there's a lot of room for improvement.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

12 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

Shot my lowest round ever 2.5 weeks ago with 71.  Today I blew past that with my first ever sub 70 round.  Only bogey on the day was the 17th hole where I blocked a par 3 tee shot terribly right (nerves got to me).  Pitch shot coming back burned the edge but I missed the 10 footer for par and settled for bogey.

image.png.fcae4b6ad10d7fa0ebb68112b76d0f98.png

Feels like I lost the perfect game but still pitched a no-hitter.  Awesome day.

In our group, we would call this a reasonable effort  🙂

*our joke based on one guy calling his first good shot in five holes a "reasonable shot."  It's stuck  LOL

Edited by NRJyzr

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

On 9/29/2021 at 1:49 PM, MattWillGolf said:

Being selected to test an Evnroll putter earlier this year was the push I needed to concentrate more on putting.

Yes! Different topic, I know, but had to say.. good on you 👍

Forum testing is not about "winning" stuff - it's actual work but do it right and the benefits to you are improvements in your golf knowledge and especially in your golf game!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Friday Bacon Boyz today.  Executive with 2par 4’s both around 300yd.  Because of ongoing elbow issues stocked with nothing stronger than 9i.  Weird but shot 4 over!  Pared one 4par and bogied the other.  Hit irons incredibly well and where I wanted, chipping was excellent and didn’t need  any  stressful putts.  Elbow a little tight but icing after round cooled it off.

One of the guys suggested around 6 th hole not to get my elbow fixed😂

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

38 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

13 greens in regulation.  I kept track just for you @Yellow Ball . Ok , I was in the sand once but got out nice and made the putt for par. You've seen that before! 🤣

Well if I knew you would react that quickly I would have roasted you sooner!   

Shot an uninspiring 50. New swing work lead to lots of thins early. Cold didn’t help either. Driver on 4 holes was good, which was a plus. First round without Arccos and felt nice not having to worry if my shot registered. Left dot ball is nice! Played while round with one ball

C4CF8B23-6570-4411-8A77-3F98A8FB3AD6.png

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

More signs of life in my game from my Friday round.  Shot a 79, with two three-putt bogeys in the first three holes.  Greens were slower than normal and I didn't adjust well, hitting my first putts a bit too strongly in both instances.

Visited the trees twice on the back nine and paid full penalty for my inability to extract myself with two doubles.

With two 3jacks and two doubles from poor recovery play, I feel fairly positive about that 79.  LOL

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

On 9/29/2021 at 1:49 PM, MattWillGolf said:

The driver wasn’t quite as “slicy” which was good and my iron play was spotty. But for me the highlight was no 3 putts on newly aerated and sanded greens. Being selected to test an Evnroll putter earlier this year was the push I needed to concentrate more on putting. I need to test irons next. 😂😂

A big +1....Tested a Heppler last year and I know my putting improved not only because of the putter but because of the video & practice time and analysis of my stroke that I surely would not have done if not testing and doing the review write up.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Played in a low gross low net event yesterday. I was killing the driver, and my irons were very good also. I was playing very well until the 15th hole par 5.

I hit a driver, 3 wood and was about 25 yards short of the green. I tried to pitch a wedge up close but that sideways thing off the hosel happened. Then it happened again. And again. I putted my next shot on and walked off with a snowman.

The next hole is a short 125 yard par 3. I took a 9 iron and… another hosel rocket. Tried to chip on… did it again. Walked off with a 6.

Hit the green in two on 17 so thankfully no need to hit a wedge, made a par and then, because my brain was fried at that point, I hit my 3rd shot on the par 5 18th into the waste area from 100 yards away with you guessed it…  gap wedge. Another 7.

i shot 41 on the front, and was two over on the back thinking birdie after 2 shots on 15, went 8 over on the last 4 holes and ended up with a 46. 🤦 Ended up with 87. If the shanks started earlier it could’ve been a 100.

I’ve been trying to stay positive on the course lately, but it’s hard sometimes. When my game goes off the rails it’s the definition of a train wreck.

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

Played badly last two rounds.  I went from a straight drawing ball to unpredictable pattern after trying to learn to fade the ball and then caught in “no mans land” and army golf.  Really should have tried it on the range instead on the course. Anyway transition to total fade/slice now and can’t even hit a straight ball or draw 

Need to take some time off golf 

My Sunday round ended on a high note! My home course hosted an afternoon tournament so this morning’s round went off in a shotgun start. My buddy and I started on number 2. My putting was solid and my driver was better than usual. The rounds 18th hole was the 475 yard par 5 1st. For the first time I was on in 2. A perfect drive followed by a 3 hybrid to 12 feet. My eagle putt finished just right of the hole and left me with a tap in birdie. 

Eagle putt

FFBF511B-A17F-48CF-88EB-6B57D3CF19F3.jpeg.234fe88c44ebbf6e5289820ed0332b1b.jpeg

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Played in a scramble today, we ended at -12. Winning teams were -15 and -14 so we didn’t do too badly. 2 missed putts on the back 9 dropped us out of contention. My role was the “get the ball in the fairway” guy which was fine by me. I pulled driver twice and one of those shots we used. Mostly lots of 3 or 7 wood off the tee, some good putts and chips. Randomly started pulling short irons and wedges halfway through the round which was weird. But it was a round with the guys I played in a band with for years and it was the first time we were all together in probably 2-3 years so it was a lot of fun overall. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Tried to play the other day at Granada Golf Club in Hot Springs Village, AR, but got rained out after 10.  Started out real strong with a birdie on the opening par 5 draining a 15 foot putt, followed by a 3/4 sand wedge into the #2 par 4 for a tap in birdie.  Then the trouble started.  On the 3rd tee, I drove it into the right sand trap.   It had a high lip and I hit the next shot that came up short into the green side bunker....flubbed that sand shot and left it in the trap -- made double.  Next hole, I hit into another fairway trap, but this one was against the forward lip and my only shot was sideways, hoping that the toe of my club didn't hit the bunker face.  I did manage to get it out of that trap, but it was a cluster of traps and ended in the next trap.  Again, a high lip prevented me from choosing a club that would get to the green, so I hit a 7 iron.  Wasn't enough loft and I caught the top of the hill.  Hit my 4th shot on the green, but a long way from the pin on slippery greens...yep--3 putt triple bogey.  So, I go from 2 under after 2 to 3 over after 4!  Managed to make the turn with a 41 (5 over).  And then the rain came.

We'll be heading back to Medford and It's an 8 day trip (We don't do over 300 miles a day of driving with the motorhome -- just too tiring).  So, no golf for awhile again.  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Played a scramble yesterday with my son and my dad at River Heights.  Our fourth backed out due to the possibility of bad weather so we just played an extra ball which actually wound up bailing us out a few times.  We wound up shooting a 69 but the highlight was the eagle we got on hole 16.  And by "we" I mean my son.  He took all the shots and as nervous as he was on the putt, he dropped it dead in the hole.

2056393997_oweneagle.png.027c9422c6dcfe3d554bdf485dbdea77.png

Weather did get a little dicey but we managed to finish the round.  Had a blast AND we introduced my dad to a new restaurant afterwards!

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

Played okay got thru 13 and 14 was packed so I just left … was working on something’s new grip and also first time with the new BGT stabilizer putter shaft … had some good holes but my wedges were just off was super short on almost every wedge GW 54, 58 .. so odd … but that was my last round until I go on a golf trip this Thursday. 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag