Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

42 minutes ago, MrBandit said:

Played a 3 day tournament over in Hot Springs Arkansas, first I will say, what a set of stunning courses in the area.

Friend of mine goes to Hot Springs Village at least twice every year, to play the range of courses they have.  He raves about it quite a bit.

I have a standing invite to go with him, but he almost always goes in April or October, which are quarterly reporting months for me.  I can't get away  😞

Edited by NRJyzr

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

23 minutes ago, NRJyzr said:

I just have to quote this for the truth it represents   LOL

... So True. When you get to play a ton it seems like a huge cargo ship caught in the Suez Canal. Whatever direction you are going in, it seems to be very difficult to turn around. When playing poorly or really well it always seems to take several rounds to start turning the ship. But once it starts turning it is really hard to stop it.  🤪 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

4 hours ago, MrBandit said:

Played a 3 day tournament over in Hot Springs Arkansas, first I will say, what a set of stunning courses in the area.
First round at the Granada course, Favorite course in the rotation, elevation changes, fast bend grass greens , stunning views. If you get a chance to play there, you won't be disappointed.
image.png.9927901462cf5b3405b1d1c7e4469ba7.png

Second was the Cortez Course, more tree line course, not as much elevation changes, tons of dog legs very few straight holes.
image.png.17bd1ddb55c642ba947946a7162b7ab4.png
Third round is my second favorite course of the rotation, stunning views, seems like every hole was an elevated green, fast bend grass, lengthy one of the bunch. Had a rough start on this one but settle in.image.png.1744eddef8109eaa3403ddd05b850d70.png

Here are some views:
GranadaOpeningHole.jpg.97f5fc973e10eed6bdec2db4d097b735.jpg

GrandaPar3.jpg.8b97315b6a27f86d4a2bcfbcef2f6cc8.jpg

GrandaFinishing18.jpg.318b40ccaa9f1b2296b9958d19b5c788.jpg

cortezPar3OverWater.jpg.c61bb5e57734f5dc121d0fa9809489df.jpg

2056192091_CortezPar317th.jpg.6130f893debd664ad7bfc3101f485dc4.jpg

2066546379_Cortez18Finishinghole.jpg.48b04dd999f6d079b14fe466d4fc18d3.jpg

IsabellaPar4OverWater2.jpg.7af019edac6c884f0583df4fae105f2e.jpg

IsabellasunlightPar3.jpg.1a9e6c911f279edf8064c6b8154dd569.jpg"
IsabellaLongpar4.jpg.3024070547b10a300a2d026398a298e5.jpg

GranadaWaterfallPar3.jpg

CortezPar3 17th.jpg

cortezDowntheHIllPar3.jpg

Above course looks a place where I'd be playing all day to avoid doubles.

Pretty to look at for sure.   Not for me to play, though.  Has 90+ written all over it.

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... So True. When you get to play a ton it seems like a huge cargo ship caught in the Suez Canal. Whatever direction you are going in, it seems to be very difficult to turn around. When playing poorly or really well it always seems to take several rounds to start turning the ship. But once it starts turning it is really hard to stop it.  🤪 

This is really a lovely analogy.  It's perfect.   LOL

I wish it weren't, but....   yeah, it didn't work for me wanting to get my age 45 distance back, either.

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

Yes Golf is stupid and weird!

Though I finish off the season with one last game and play like crap. I wasnt really into it, however made one outstanding sand saves that almost hole out that made me come back.

Didnt want to end the season with one of my worst scoring day  , play yesterday playing great was -2 after 6 hole. Driver was great, wedge play was great , putting so-so but not awful, iron was good. Then I snap hook a driver on next hole . My only really terrible miss shot all day as I lost the ball.  Ended up 6 over  . Lost ball and not so good green reading on the tricky green later in the round. Also I need to stay positive after a lost ball and not let it ruin my next few holes.

Now I thinking of how I could not snap hook that one driver shot   that make me want to play one more time before i hang it up this season

Golf is stupid and weird.  And still addictive  , cant seem to put away my clubs yet

Edited by Haro

Today was a very good day. I thought I could feel my game coming back around recently, and today confirmed it.

I played in my Tuesday Members league, and with the exception of a couple of bad breaks, and some sloppy wedge play around the green, I couldn’t be happier. I shot 38-39-77 on our par 71 Fazio course.

My driver was good (other than two miscues)and my irons were terrific, to the point where I never took the cover off my 3 or 5 woods. My irons were better than they’ve been all year, by the time we came to the last 4-5 holes my confidence was soaring.
It felt so nice to play golf, not golf swing… just pick a club, look at the target, and let it go. That sounds so simple, but when you’re struggling, point and shoot isn’t your first thought, worrying where the ball will go is.

I’m waiting on a set of PXG irons I ordered last week, but the Rogue X were so good today, I had to fight myself not to call and cancel the order. Every time I want to replace them, they come out of the corner fighting tooth and nail to stay in the bag. I’m going to sleep on this tonight and make my decision tomorrow. When I’m hitting them well, I can’t imagine getting more out of a set. They just fit me very well.

On the other side of the coin, I threw away 4 or 5 stokes from within 20 yards of the green with my short game. That’s something that has to get better, and now that the oppressive summer heat has eased up, I’ll be willing to work on it at our short game area. I’m not going to stress over it tonight though… I’m going to just enjoy the things I did well.

Driver:           :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:       :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 25*

Irons:             :touredgeexotics:  E722 6-AW

Wedges:        :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

14th club?     :cobra-small:  Speedzone  4H 21*  

:touredgeexotics:  E722 GW 51*                     

Had a good day with my wedges made 6/10 saves

1. Tricky 70 yard PW 1/2 swing to a 8 feet

2 green short 25 yards
I was try to be to cute with lob and run 

Bladed the ball Got lucky the ball ran  along the  wet grass slowed it down to 6 feet of the hole 

3 Hit a great shot on par 3  Just off the green I was only 18 feet from pin  Pin was tucked close to the edge of the green. I had this slick  steep down hill chip just off the green  Had to play a touch tap chip to few inches of the hole It could easily run 10 foot or more pass the hole or stopped by tall grass before  the green 

4 short sided myself   Need 30 yard Plus clear over sand trap On awkward side hill upside lie Didn’t commit to shot my body didn’t line up properly with my shoulder LW flop attempt made only half way there  First miss

5 Over the green steep uphill to where I could only see top of the pin. This time I committed to the LW flop had easy lie and flop within 10 feet 

6 Front of the green. Was undecided what club to use very flat green Took out a 5 iron and tried to chip and misjudge length and spot.  was 25 feet short. 
2nd miss 

7 In the sand  Buried lie and long bunker shot 

Tried “chunk and run”  got to much ball and not enough sand   It sail 40 feet past the hole   3rd miss

My technical was not to good in the sand  I have two type of sand shots that I play and was in between techniques 

8  Way short of the green  47 yards   This is awkward yardage  to a front pin   The mistake was off the tee 

I could play a lob and roll or 1/2 swing high pitch   Went with lob and run and Ball didn’t roll out and was still 10 yards short  It had rained earlier and didn’t roll out as much as I though in drier conditions  The grass was short enough but should have walked closer to the green to check it out 

Also if this was 47 yards to back pin I think Lob and run is the obvious choice as landed on the green and run out is more predictable than bouncing the ball just in front of the green where the spots are not as flat 

4th miss

9 Ball in the front bunker 60 yards to pin water directly behind the green   This was the most scary shot  but I pulled it off a nice high LW ( had a good lie)  Lots of spin ball dropped within 6 feet and stopped 

I am generally better at “floater” type bunker shots  that drop dead   Can’t seem to master the ones that roll out  With “floater” I take little sand    For the “chunk and run” can not figure how to adjust how much sand and how hard to hit 

10 Didn’t want to count this one but just off the green  40 feet could have used putter  decide on hybrid and roll it to 3 feet 

Edited by Haro

On 3/20/2010 at 2:54 PM, jamo said:

There are a lot of second tier resort courses that are in trouble. I went to one in Santa Fe last summer that was owned by the adjacent Hilton which had gone under.

You are so right...

“Shoot all the bluejays you want, if you can hit 'em, but remember it's a sin to kill a mockingbird.”

My works on "To Kill a Mockingbird" 👍

10 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Don't you just hate it when you play in a charity scramble and the team that wins bought the win. I'm all about the charity and paying a large fee for a team to play. But when they add in the other crap it takes away from the game. As an example for $250.00 you can buy a hole in one on a par five. On another hole for $250.00 you can drop next to the green on a par five. So this team with cash to burn wins at 22 under and only one was a decent golfer and two were drunk before they even teed off. My team was pretty stout and finished at 16 under with no gimics. We wound up in 8th place out of 36 teams.

Ok they raised a boat load of money and I get it but you still need to play the course in my opinion. There are plenty of ways to make money. Like pay $10 to hit a circle on a green around the flag to double your money or win a sleeve of balls. Miss it and you get nothing. That's $1440 there then take out the paybacks. More people are willing to shell out $10 than $250. 

I want to play the course and try to play well. I want to feel like I earned a win not purchased one. Just something that I had to get off my chest.

Wow!  That’s not a Golf Scramble, nothing to do with the best team play, only biggest wallet to auction off the win.

Its for a Charity so I’d do what you did, play your best and forget it.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

10 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Don't you just hate it when you play in a charity scramble and the team that wins bought the win. I'm all about the charity and paying a large fee for a team to play. But when they add in the other crap it takes away from the game. As an example for $250.00 you can buy a hole in one on a par five. On another hole for $250.00 you can drop next to the green on a par five. So this team with cash to burn wins at 22 under and only one was a decent golfer and two were drunk before they even teed off. My team was pretty stout and finished at 16 under with no gimics. We wound up in 8th place out of 36 teams.

Ok they raised a boat load of money and I get it but you still need to play the course in my opinion. There are plenty of ways to make money. Like pay $10 to hit a circle on a green around the flag to double your money or win a sleeve of balls. Miss it and you get nothing. That's $1440 there then take out the paybacks. More people are willing to shell out $10 than $250. 

I want to play the course and try to play well. I want to feel like I earned a win not purchased one. Just something that I had to get off my chest.

I guess the charity is thinking that every team is expected put up the $250 for each hole.  If my team didn't want to do that, then personally I would donate money to the charity, if it was a charity I support, and go play somewhere else.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

11 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Last Charity Scramble I played in was 11 years ago.  $1,800 for Team, expensive for that time.  It was straight competition with handicap. There were no extra “Goodies” that would affect the score.  Because there were no Goodies the pace of play was OK.  

There was betting such as closest to the hole, long drive, Team gross & Net that were handled separately.

Great BBQ dinner afterwards!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

11 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I've played in events like this in years past, but at least I knew going in that the end results were anything but true tournament play golf.  Buy a free roll on the green, a throw from anywhere off the green, a foot wedge from anywhere, up to five off the tee mulligans, and a couple of beverage carts, and you have goofy golf.  But they were all really quite entertaining... ever seen a golf cart with its front end submerged in a water hazard? 😆

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I had not touched my clubs for 2 weeks due to vacation until last night. 2 weeks ago was a hot mess in league - everything with every club was right and not solid. I did not score super bad, but that was primarily the result of scrambling. It was not until my last full iron shot that I figured out what I was apparently doing wrong: I was getting super steep with everything. The dirt mark on that iron shot was at about a 20* angle and I was digging the toe in. Having that awareness, I made a concerted effort to flatten things out last night, but I overdid it a bit and had a lot of pulls last night. Things were certainly more solid. I ended up shooting +7 which is right at my league handicap.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

The best part of my game today was my driver. 5 of 7 fairways hit today. That is an all time high for me. Once again, my iron play was awful. I need to find a good instructor in my area. Putting was ok just a couple of 3 putts. The greens are still very sandy from aeration and we’re still dewy in my morning round. The green speeds were very inconsistent from hole to hole. 

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

44 minutes ago, Siamese Moose said:

Career day for driving accuracy: 12/13 fairways, and that doesn't tell the story. Most of the drives were exactly where I wanted them. Yesterday's lesson worked!

Congrats, nice driving. Did it lead to more GIR and lower score?

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Congrats, nice driving. Did it lead to more GIR and lower score?

Not as great an improvement in GIR as I would like,  but still a gain. If putts had fallen, the score could have been really special.

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

15 hours ago, Siamese Moose said:

Not as great an improvement in GIR as I would like,  but still a gain. If putts had fallen, the score could have been really special.

That’s good

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1