TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

At a golf trip in OC MD, played Okay shot a 91 .. really made dumb mistakes that cost my 4 strokes so could of been better… was driving it really well, wedge game is off though, and didn’t hit any GReens on any Par 3 .. so def could of played better

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

On 10/7/2021 at 5:01 AM, TR1PTIK said:

Much better yesterday afternoon than the previous round. I think I barely broke 100 last time I played - was struggling badly with the big stick and had a bunch of penalties. Yesterday was a much different story even though I still sliced a couple drives and had one penalty. 

Played at Southern Oaks in the early afternoon, and started off ok: Bogey, Par, Par, Par, Bogey, Bogey. Then, I managed my first double of the day from the fairway on #7 (the shortest Par 4). I left the approach short and right before 3-putting my way to the hole. I tripled on #8 after slicing the tee shot and taking an unplayable and still having to chip something out to the fairway, but #9 was a different story. I sliced my tee shot again and wound up on top of a hill right of the cart path with a bare lie. It's a par 5 and I had a clear shot so I decided to put my 3-iron to the test (I normally game a hybrid). Contact felt decent, but the ball came out a little low. It landed short of the green, bounced on and rolled all the way to the back. I had a slippery downhill putt of 20+ft breaking right-to-left that missed by a couple inches and knocked the remaining in for my first birdie of the day and a 43 going out.

On the 10th tee, I was invited to play with the group in front due to a foursome ahead of them that refused to let anyone play through. I hit a good tee shot, but it started a bit too far right and I was blocked out by trees. Decided to play a punch shot with my 4-iron which looked really good at first, but ended up long and left of the green on a bare lie among some small trees. I was almost completely blocked out from here, but chipped an 8-iron through a small gap to leave me just off the green. Another chip (this time with my 50* GW) and two putts in for a double. #11 is a long Par 5 that's uphill nearly the entire way. I hit a great drive up the left edge of the fairway, then laid up in front of some bunkers with my 6-iron. GW onto the green and then I made my best putt of the day for birdie - 30~ feet breaking left-to-right. The next six holes went, Par, Bogey, Bogey, Par, Bogey, Bogey, before ending with another double on 18. I was sitting comfortably in the middle of the fairway with my approach, but chose the wrong club, pushed it short and right, scooped my chip shot into the bunker, hit out with the wrong club (which actually turned out ok - landed near the hole and rolled out to the fringe), then used putter to get me close for another 43. 

All said and done 43/43/86 felt really good. I'll also say that as much as I hate slow play (especially groups that won't let others play through), I am somewhat thankful for it yesterday. I wound up playing with some real fun guys and we exchanged numbers after the round so we can try to play again. It was a good day!

Well we will be playing Southern Oaks on Saturday, hopefully we don't run into the same foursome, the again I have a couple of lineman playing.. 😉 Looking forward to playing there again, last time it was 2018.

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50  (secondary shaft HRDZ Black 6.0 Stiff)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

30 minutes ago, MrBandit said:

Well we will be playing Southern Oaks on Saturday, hopefully we don't run into the same foursome, the again I have a couple of lineman playing.. 😉 Looking forward to playing there again, last time it was 2018.

The course is in good shape, and they finally removed the COVID noodles from the cup so you can pull the pin out. You guys will have a great time!

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

On 10/6/2021 at 10:20 AM, Rickp said:

Last Charity Scramble I played in was 11 years ago.  $1,800 for Team, expensive for that time.  It was straight competition with handicap. There were no extra “Goodies” that would affect the score.  Because there were no Goodies the pace of play was OK.  

There was betting such as closest to the hole, long drive, Team gross & Net that were handled separately.

Great BBQ dinner afterwards!

It was $5,000.00 for my four man team entry fee. Other than to play we got a sign on a hole.  I know my company pays it but then you get hit up for something every few holes. They did raise $500,000.00 for the charities which is great.  But it would be nice if they just let you play the course with maybe a 1 mulligan per person. I don't even want to tell you how much it costs if you wanted to play golf with an executive of the sponsoring company. It's more than some people make in a year! 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

7 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

It was $5,000.00 for my four man team entry fee. Other than to play we got a sign on a hole.  I know my company pays it but then you get hit up for something every few holes. They did raise $500,000.00 for the charities which is great.  But it would be nice if they just let you play the course with maybe a 1 mulligan per person. I don't even want to tell you how much it costs if you wanted to play golf with an executive of the sponsoring company. It's more than some people make in a year! 

O Ya, forgot about the signs & Flags.  For extra bucks we got a sign and 1st 18 Teams forking over I think $500 got a hike Flag with company name embroidered.  Since the last one I went to was just 4 separate guys we passed on the Flag.

Somewhere buried in the garage is a few Flags with company name or SWMBO may have “lost” them😜

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Played in the annual “Play for Pink” tournament that supports DCH Hospital’s Brest cancer foundation at Indian Hills Country Club in Tuscaloosa today. Really fun scrabble tournament for a great cause at a really fun course.  They are a customer of mine so work payed for my team. 

Shot -16 under on the day, highlighted by a wedge from about 60 yards that was 3 inches from going in and a 25 foot putt for birdie on the fringe that I sank first up to putt. We all contributed about evenly shots wise so that is always fun. 

466CFF13-501F-488A-8063-A4E9979AAB9F.jpeg

7FF8C948-F15D-4DDF-86B2-0BDD1576EDC4.jpeg

393B8171-468D-484F-BEF1-F0425CD29E2C.jpeg

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

1 minute ago, cksurfdude said:

Man some of us golf dudes have their priorities straight 🤪🤣😄😂

She wanted to go ride horses, so it worked out perfectly lol 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

47 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

I’m starting to put a few good rounds back to back again….

I played with a very big travel group (82 men 12 women) yesterday at Litchfield CC. It was week one of a 4 week net stroke play tournament where you get to throw out your worst round of the four.

I shot a 85 net 69 from the just under 6200 yard white tees, which placed me in 7th(!!!!) place out of the 94 players. The funny thing is it could’ve been better. I won’t bore you with the details, but my short game continues to cost me strokes, even with the most basic of shots around the green.

I was very happy with how I played though, and was shocked to see some of the scores players better than me put up. You have no idea how you place until everyone is finished however, because players are assigned to one of four different tee boxes based on their ability.

The course has a lot of doglegs and water. It also had very slow greens. Add to that the Bermuda rough is thick and deep this time of year and it was a very hard course for the higher caps no matter which tee they played.

As for the better players, those same factors hurt them also, as they have no room for error in a low net tournament. I think I was in the sweet-spot as far as strokes(I asked to be moved back one tee to get a couple more), and just happened to have a good day compared to the others who got around the same as me.

We’ll see what happens next week in round two at a neighboring Pawleys Island course, but I’m thinking only about 20 of us have a realistic chance at winning this thing. Yesterday was a great start, I just hope I keep playing the way I’ve been lately.  🤞🏻 

Congratulations!!  A nice way to get out of your recent bout of the doldrums.  Keep it going!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

33 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Beautiful sunny day and my wife had booked an 8:30 tee time 10 days ago, of course not knowing that the temp was going to be 42º.  🥶  First round of this fall wearing long pants; sorry, @fixyurdivot I'm just a wuss!

Beware the wounded golfer!!  I hurt my shoulder somehow about 3 weeks ago and trimming bushes didn't make it feel any better.  😜  Then this last week while practicing my full Monte backswing, I pulled a muscle above my left hip.  THEN while walking 18 holes for the first time this year, I did something to my left hip.  I almost didn't play.  I talked myself into playing from the White tees because I can't make my usual full swing.

Bogeyed the 1st hole, probably the second easiest hole on the course... always a good start.  🙄  But a bounce back birdie on #2.  On #5 I tried to thread a shot between two trees and just nicked one; ended up with a bogey, but after that I was on "cruise control", and I wasn't really tracking my score.  My wife keeps the scorecard, and she didn't say anything the entire round.  Thank You!!

Shot 38 (+1) on the front nine.  On the back nine I successfully went for the drivable par 4 #14 since I was playing the White tees; missed the eagle putt, but tap-in birdie.  THEN... on my nemesis hole, the par 5 #18, I hit an OK drive into the wind, then tried to knock down a 7i under the branches of the tree at the dogleg.  Kept it too low and hit the upslope of a grass mound.  Now I had a 138 yards into the wind to a front pin with 127 yards to carry the massive bunker.  I hit it 126 yards... next to the lip of the bunker; green is 5 feet above the sand, I can just see the bottom of the flagstick.  I was moaning and groaning to my wife about always being by the lip on this bunker.  When I hit the bunker shot with my 60º, I knew it was good; landed left of the pin, kicked right a little and dropped in for my 3rd birdie of the day!!!  Shot 33 (-2) on the back nine for a 71 and my lowest round ever at our course...  3 shots under my age!! 

IMG_6330.jpeg.e87f936cf032381d87b7743403ba41e2.jpeg

Yowzah... great round Kenny! You best hope all the ailments linger 😆.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

I can’t take my game from the range to the course.

There are a good many days I'm glad to have the same issue 🙂.

13 minutes ago, edingc said:

Finally was able to get out with @ncwoz again to take advantage of fall rates at Diamond Springs, which is one of my favorite courses despite a decent car ride.

IMG_09102021_193414_(1280_x_960_pixel).jpg.52052227dc53f8e49c146d8fc2527c32.jpg

Playing with Nate is a humbling experience. Pictured above is his tee shot on the par 5 No. 8 hole. It's 515 yards from the tips where we played from. I hit my drive 299 yards to the center of the fairway and Nate's tee shot was 25 yards in front of me. I think he hit 8 iron into the green.

Anyway, we had a lot of fun despite our tee time being delayed almost an hour and then a 5:15 round. We played a match that ended up coming down to the wire, and I scored pretty well despite really fighting my iron swing for a good part of the day. 

- 88 / 86 ESC (+16)
- 10/18 FIR
- 8/18 GIR (2 birdies)
- 34 Putts (2 3 putts, 13 2-putts, 2 1-putts and 1 chip-in putt from the fringe)

We got paired with a random twosome for the first nine holes and they ended up having a friendly side bet on our match, which made for some good humor on the course. Unfortunately due to how long the round was taking they had to leave at the turn.

As far as the match? Nate and I were neck-and-neck throughout the round, with each of us having a two-hole lead at one point and the other clawing back. Nate really played well down the stretch, hitting a few clutch shots to stay in it. I choked with a three-putt on No. 17 to give Nate a hole lead heading to 18, but I went hybrid, gap wedge to 10 feet and two-putted to win No. 18 and halve the match.

It was my first time ever playing match play with anyone and I'm definitely eager to do it again.

Are you sure Nate isn't Gumby?  No way I could get in that position, and if I did, I'd be stuck there.  😬

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

20 hours ago, Kenny B said:

3 shots under my age!! 

Wow... NICE!!!! 

Heck if all the aches and pains keep you swinging and scoring like that .. bring it on 😆

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

4 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Wow... NICE!!!! 

Heck if all the aches and pains keep you swinging and scoring like that .. bring it on 😆

First time breaking par in 20 years!!  I did a fluke 69 (-3) on an Arnold Palmer course in Scottsdale when I was a 16 handicap.  It was just one of those days.

Todays' round was more normal for me... 84 (43/41) with one birdie on the par 4 #11 hole and three doubles, all on par 3's.  It was windy; cold and windy starting at 8:30am.  I finally felt reasonably warm on hole #14.  

I bought a sleeve of the urethane Titleist Tour Speed today, and I like the results.  I only had one bad shot that I could possibly blame the ball.  I don't slice the ball off my driver; I can push the ball right, but not a slice.  I had one hole that was playing with a strong left to right crosswind, and the ball took off straight where I aimed and then sliced way right.  I don't have that shot in my bag.  Maybe the ball?  I'll play these until I lose them or wear them out, then I'll decided my next purchase for a winter ball.

41 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I bought a sleeve of the urethane Titleist Tour Speed today, and I like the results.

I just played one against an AVX the other day and liked it as well.  I've played the TruSoft and TourSoft but not sure I'd ever seen a Tour Speed until I found it last week as part of my golf ball booty hauls.

27 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I just played one against an AVX the other day and liked it as well.  I've played the TruSoft and TourSoft but not sure I'd ever seen a Tour Speed until I found it last week as part of my golf ball booty hauls.

I like the Tour Soft for winter; ground is hard, so lots of bounce and roll in the fairways, and nothing really checks up on the greens anyway.  I've learned to play a ball that runs out more, so that's not an issue.  

I'll have to play the Tour Speed against a PV1x to see how comparable the spin is for me.  Ground is still fairly soft as they are still irrigating, but that's going to end real soon.  Tomorrow night the low is expected to be around 28-30º.  🥶

2 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I like the Tour Soft for winter; ground is hard, so lots of bounce and roll in the fairways, and nothing really checks up on the greens anyway.  I've learned to play a ball that runs out more, so that's not an issue.  

I'll have to play the Tour Speed against a PV1x to see how comparable the spin is for me.  Ground is still fairly soft as they are still irrigating, but that's going to end real soon.  Tomorrow night the low is expected to be around 28-30º.  🥶

What’s winter?  Oh! I remember😱 I had 65 of years of it.

Thats the nice part of being down here.  Obviously we get cold mornings but not enough to change what ball I’m going to play.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list