TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

10 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I like the Tour Soft for winter; ground is hard, so lots of bounce and roll in the fairways, and nothing really checks up on the greens anyway.  I've learned to play a ball that runs out more, so that's not an issue.  

I'll have to play the Tour Speed against a PV1x to see how comparable the spin is for me.  Ground is still fairly soft as they are still irrigating, but that's going to end real soon.  Tomorrow night the low is expected to be around 28-30º.  🥶

Winter storm warning for us. 16"-20" at higher elevations and 2-4" for us mile high low-landers.  At breakfast a couple days ago Jennie saw the forecast and said "time to go south".  My Montana golf season looks to be over 🙂.

BTW, your boy IM is running away with the Shriners... just dialed.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

56 minutes ago, revkev said:

CD57F6B4-2693-42DE-859C-9159B9D23C5E.jpeg.6da83796f3f03df0cb8c2909a1a4e98c.jpegPlayed PGA club’s Dye course in Port St Lucie today. Typical Pete Dye, visually intimidating and yet room off the tee, crazy bunkering and shot choices around the green complexes, just a fun course to play. 

Drove it really great, kudos auto flex, irons were terrible, really terrible, fairway woods, chipping and putting were good to very good. 79 on a pretty tough track - one double hurt, started me on a bit of a bogey train.

The Dye course is a fun track. My buddy lives in that community so whenever I get down to see him we play three of the four courses there. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Shot a 42 yesterday on a par 35 local muni. Hitting a stride with the driver, have never been more confident off the tee. I made a number of correctable wedge mistakes that I should be able to fix with a little more practice but putting was the biggest issue. Missed everything outside of 4 ft and I think I was 0/4 on getting up and down.

Disappointing, but if you would have told me that these would be my issues at the beginning of the season, I would take it in a heartbeat as my Driving and approach game has made some huge strides, saving me a lot of scrambling.

Also first time using Srixon XV exclusively during a round, REALLY really like the ball. It felt great. Will definitely need to play it again but from the limited sample size, I would put it over the Chromesoft and Snell MTB X (both of which I did like as well).

14 hours ago, Rickp said:

What’s winter?

No, this is winter.  River (the lab) ran out on the deck this morning, stopped and looked back at me as if to ask 'WTH is this?". So whatcha think, shorts or long pants today? 🙂

1046802938_snow101121.jpg.a25df667bf5ceff29626f00f8938e87a.jpg

1 minute ago, fixyurdivot said:

No, this is winter.  River (the lab) ran out on the deck this morning, stopped and looked back at me as if to ask 'WTH is this?". So whatcha think, shorts or long pants today? 🙂

Yuck!  One time we went to NE late October I wore shorts as Weather report was cool but no snow.  Obviously I wore shorts on flight up, got off plane in Hartford to 3” snow and no end in sight. At Car Rental switched from sedan to Jeep Grand Cherokee 4wd.  Snow & cold all the time we were there.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

... This is the reason I moved to Phoenix. 🌵☀️  I NEVER want to see s**w again unless it is in a picture, and I don't need to see many of those. 🤪

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Too soon.....

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

I think it is definitely a @Yellow Ballkind of day.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

29 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Too soon.....

Agreed.  Especially for a Minnesota boy 🥶

32 minutes ago, chisag said:

... This is the reason I moved to Phoenix. 🌵☀️  I NEVER want to see s**w again unless it is in a picture, and I don't need to see many of those. 🤪

I may have mentioned this before...

Friend of mine moved to Phoenix.  He was born in Michigan, spent several years here.  We've chatted several times about the relative weather.

When heat comes up, his response is usually some form of "yeah, but you don't have to shovel sunshine."

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

39 minutes ago, chisag said:

But, if you ever change your mind (and one might after seeing rock and sand forever), it's only a 2 hour drive to Prescott Sierra Vista, etc., where you can enjoy a winter beverage and watch someone else shovel.  We just finished the driveway, front and back decks - which has done nothing but re-affirmed our quickly approaching departure date 🙂.

41 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Too soon.....

Well, the region needs to make up lots of snowpack and this is certainly a good start.  I'll bet the high peaks and snow catch basins got every bit of the 20"+ forecast.  We just shoveled a healthy 6". It's the heavy early snows and, hopefully late spring snows that are especially helpful.

40 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I think it is definitely a @Yellow Ballkind of day

I don't think @Yellow Ballhas what it takes... but we'll see.

On 10/9/2021 at 8:23 AM, Paul Hedrick said:

Yesterday I had a great round: 4 birdies, 8 pars and NO double bogeys!  LOL  However I did have a 3 putt 😪

Didn't you just get new irons? Sounds like they are paying off! 🙂

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Played bogey golf today over 9 holes with my son. Only took 1 penalty with the driver which was nice to see. 2 pars overall. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

2 hours ago, NRJyzr said:

Agreed.  Especially for a Minnesota boy 🥶

I may have mentioned this before...

Friend of mine moved to Phoenix.  He was born in Michigan, spent several years here.  We've chatted several times about the relative weather.

When heat comes up, his response is usually some form of "yeah, but you don't have to shovel sunshine."

... I grew up in NC and spent 4 years in Ga so 95* and 85% humidity was sooooo much worse than 110-115* and 20% humidity in the desert during summer. Yea there were about 10 days this summer that were too hot to spend much time outdoors but I can live with 10 crazy hot days over 5 months of way too F*****G COLD to get the mail without a down parka and the hood up, gloves and boots. 😳 

But, if you ever change your mind (and one might after seeing rock and sand forever), it's only a 2 hour drive to Prescott Sierra Vista, etc., where you can enjoy a winter beverage and watch someone else shovel.  We just finished the driveway, front and back decks - which has done nothing but re-affirmed our quickly approaching departure date 🙂.

... Finally moving into my house at the end of the month and will have some trees planted. They planted a ton of trees along the streets and entrance so in 10 years it should be pretty shady. I also play courses with plenty of trees like The Raven and Ocotillo that are like a oasis in the desert, literally. I am actually a little surprised at how green it is in Phoenix once you get past the initial shock of all rocks and sand along highways, streets and many subdivisions. 

5 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I grew up in NC and spent 4 years in Ga so 95* and 85% humidity was sooooo much worse than 110-115* and 20% humidity in the desert during summer. Yea there were about 10 days this summer that were too hot to spend much time outdoors but I can live with 10 crazy hot days over 5 months of way too F*****G COLD to get the mail without a down parka and the hood up, gloves and boots. 😳 

It’s nice wearing shorts 12 months out of the year!! I actually have “winter shorts “.  They’re a bit heavier than the normal shorts.  SWMBO thinks I’m nuts.

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 minute ago, chisag said:

... Finally moving into my house at the end of the month and will have some trees planted. They planted a ton of trees along the streets and entrance so in 10 years it should be pretty shady. I also play courses with plenty of trees like The Raven and Ocotillo that are like a oasis in the desert, literally. I am actually a little surprised at how green it is in Phoenix once you get past the initial shock of all rocks and sand along highways, streets and many subdivisions. 

Ariel views of AZ are rather interesting and, yes, there are places one would be hard pressed to know they're in a desert... a really, really big desert.

8 minutes ago, Rickp said:

It’s nice wearing shorts 12 months out of the year!! I actually have “winter shorts “.  They’re a bit heavier than the normal shorts.  SWMBO thinks I’m nuts.

Fleece lined with those micro-mesh resistance wiring and a 9v battery? 🤣

3 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Fleece lined with those micro-mesh resistance wiring and a 9v battery? 🤣

Nope, Tesla hasn’t designed that type ….yet.

Rick

Left Hand, 

26 minutes ago, Rickp said:

... LOL you have a kindred spirit that reminds me of the Bonnie Hunt show, a sitcom that for TV purposes took place in Chicago. The camera guy always wore shorts and when it was -30 below zero the staff was taking bets on what he would wear to work that day. Bonnie being the only one betting on shorts. He showed up in these huge puffy down winter shorts! 🤣

Tradition is important. 

We're still chisag, not phoesag/aftra.😀 

It's good to remember one's roots.

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

26 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Ariel views of AZ are rather interesting and, yes, there are places one would be hard pressed to know they're in a desert... a really, really big desert.

... This course is about 5 miles from my home. We have commented that if you showed a picture to most anyone not living in Phoenix they would never guess the right location. I love playing desert courses with rocks, sand, cactus and mountains as a back drop but also appreciate the greenery a couple times a month. 

https://www.ravenphx.com/about

25 minutes ago, chisag said:

... LOL you have a kindred spirit that reminds me of the Bonnie Hunt show, a sitcom that for TV purposes took place in Chicago. The camera guy always wore shorts and when it was -30 below zero the staff was taking bets on what he would wear to work that day. Bonnie being the only one betting on shorts. He showed up in these huge puffy down winter shorts! 🤣

26 minutes ago, chisag said:

My kinda guy!  40* with cold wind is a my number.  I have a S-I-L who is also Shorts most of the year. 

Rick

Left Hand, 

18 minutes ago, Rickp said:

My kinda guy!  40* with cold wind is a my number.  I have a S-I-L who is also Shorts most of the year. 

... Perspective. 👍  I think I posted this before but I played in Orlando with 2 Canadians after the PGA Show and it was 59* with clouds and about a 10 mph wind. I had on shorts, golf shirt and a short sleeved windbreaker while the Hosers wore just shorts and golf shirts.  Ranger pulls up in a down coat, mittens, boots, ear muffs and hunched over the steering wheel of his cart like he was about to have a heart attack. He asked how could we play with no coat because he had never been this cold in his life and life "up North" was not what he expected and could't wait til get back home. We asked what "up north" meant and he had lived in Miami all his life and said Orlando was "up North". We laughed so hard he just drove off evidently insulted. 

3 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Perspective. 👍  I think I posted this before but I played in Orlando with 2 Canadians after the PGA Show and it was 59* with clouds and about a 10 mph wind. I had on shorts, golf shirt and a short sleeved windbreaker while the Hosers wore just shorts and golf shirts.  Ranger pulls up in a down coat, mittens, boots, ear muffs and hunched over the steering wheel of his cart like he was about to have a heart attack. He asked how could we play with no coat because he had never been this cold in his life and life "up North" was not what he expected and could't wait til get back home. We asked what "up north" meant and he had lived in Miami all his life and said Orlando was "up North". We laughed so hard he just drove off evidently insulted. 

I believe it!!  I’ve gotten to know a few guys born & raised in Florida and anything under 60* is a cold wave!

Rick

Left Hand, 

A nice round today with an epic front 9. 3 birds with 12 putts on the front!

ended up with 28 putts and 5 birds, but had a few bad holes on the back that ruined a really good round.

no complaints tho… but it was freezing at 50°

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes