TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played in my second tournament today.  Shot an 89(Net 88 for handicap purposes) which I'm actually quite pleased with for a several reasons.  First, I fought back to get it below 90 (Started the first three holes at +7).  Second, I responded to a potential round killing quad by reeling off five straight pars.  Third, I did it in a competition setting.   The other major positives were that my chipping game is starting to come together (I actually got up and down several times today) and that I'm starting to have real confidence in all aspects of my game. 

It was another day where I had everything I needed in my bag to get to the low 80s or better I just had a few bad breaks that I made a compounding mistake on the recovery shot. 

Here's the lowlights where I left many strokes on the table:

• I opened with a double because I didn't verify that I shot the pin with my rangefinder on approach.  I ended up long and in jail.  Chip out of jail, chip on, two putt.  
  • I had a quad on a par 3.  We were playing alternating tee for the par 3s and this one was from the tips -- played about 229 with a reedy swamp all along the right.  I blocked my first shot into the reeds and thought, well that's gone.  Re-teed and promptly blocked that one further right into no chance land.  Now I'm laying 4, hitting 5.  I changed to a club I'm more confident with and play my 5th shot to 30 yards short chip up and 1 putt for a crowd pleasing 7.  Here's the killer, though, the hazard is U-shaped.  It runs right up to and in front of the back tees then slopes rightward before changing directions and sloping leftward back toward the green.  As I'm walking up to my 3rd ball to hit my sixth shot I see a ball and immediately know, then confirm, that it's my first ball that had squirted through the reeds into the open area.  That was a hard lesson.  If I had just taken a few moments to walk to the other side of the reeds I would have been hitting my second from 175 and would probably have walked away with no worse than a bogie.  
  • The other big number triple I took a line over trees (A line that I always take and is pretty forgiving once you realize you can make the shot).  I virtually never have trouble with clearing the line, but this time I had the misfortune of hitting one of two palm trees that stick out above the treeline -- dead center.  It dropped straight down in a decent lie and I still had a shot to the green from about 210.  The only iffy part about it was that the ball was above my feet.  So I aimed a little further right, took the shot, and promptly sliced it to behind a tree.  Once chip out, one chip on(to the fringe), a bad lag from the fringe, and a lipped out six footer later I have another 7 on the card.  

Cleaning up those three holes + the other double each gets me to 82.  (Good enough in my flight for third place gross and first place net)

Other positives:

• Off the tee was pretty great.  Most of the misses were just off the fairway
  • Zero skulled pitches and chips all day.  I wasn't as close as I would have liked, but I was on with a reasonable make chance.
  • 8 Pars, including 5 straight after the quad
  • 29 Total Putts
  • No strokes given away on the par 5s.  Par on all of the Par 5's.
  • Almost hit for the cycle... if I could have found a birdie.  Most cards probably don't contain a birdie, par, bogie, double, triple, quad.  🙂

I feel like I'm right on the edge of breaking through if I can tie it all together.

519923229_10._14.21Front.jpg.3d6bf75b7ed9c536b907d0a85cbaafad.jpg

1895226482_10_14.21Back.jpg.bb86007d30c449c32d38042ef273388d.jpg

Edited by Syks7

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0811XT -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0211 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 56 Mid @55° -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

Haven't been able to play much lately.  Our 22 day motorhome trip from Oregon to Arkansas and back (mainly driving with a bit under a week staying still) sort of put a damper on that.  I did get in 27 holes while in Arkansas.  The purpose of the trip was to explore the feasibility of moving to Hot Springs Village in Arkansas.  Seeing as how we are in the process of buying a house there, looking like the feasibility has become reality.  Anyways, I'm back in Oregon now with the tentative  moving date of 1 December or earlier.  And that leaves a lot of things to get done.  We have decided to sell our motorhome (which is in progress) and we also need to get our house ready for MLS listing and sold.  Needless to say, I've got a lot of things to get done in short order of time.....which means that golf is on the back burner for awhile again.  I hope to be able to slip out a few more times to play, but I have tendered my resignation at the club effective 30 November.  So, it's goodbye Oregon and hello Arkansas in short order. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

6 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Haven't been able to play much lately.  Our 22 day motorhome trip from Oregon to Arkansas and back (mainly driving with a bit under a week staying still) sort of put a damper on that.  I did get in 27 holes while in Arkansas.  The purpose of the trip was to explore the feasibility of moving to Hot Springs Village in Arkansas.  Seeing as how we are in the process of buying a house there, looking like the feasibility has become reality.  Anyways, I'm back in Oregon now with the tentative  moving date of 1 December or earlier.  And that leaves a lot of things to get done.  We have decided to sell our motorhome (which is in progress) and we also need to get our house ready for MLS listing and sold.  Needless to say, I've got a lot of things to get done in short order of time.....which means that golf is on the back burner for awhile again.  I hope to be able to slip out a few more times to play, but I have tendered my resignation at the club effective 30 November.  So, it's goodbye Oregon and hello Arkansas in short order. 

Sorry to have missed playing with you while here in the PNW.  Let us know about your new place when you get settled.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Shot a 44 this morning over 9 holes at Touisset CC, parred the par 4 4th hole but doubled 9 after missing left, chipping completely over the green, then missing coming right back and thinning back to the original side of the green I was on. 

4/7 on fairways, 0 GIR so I was scrambling for sure. One 3 putt, and two single putt holes. Thankfully the fairways I missed with driver were all still playable, so I didn't lose any balls nor did I take any penalties.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

86 (44/42). Crap score, but I’m happy with how I struck my irons, and hit my driver, except on 2 holes. Wind was blowing 10-15 all round, so I lost a number of shots by not gauging the wind properly. The course we played today is MUCH more penal when one hits errant tee shots, and there are a lot of “placement” shots needed. I’m LOVING the Ping G425 LST fairway metal! I REALLY like the shaft and head combo. 
Anyway, the score wasn’t great, but the weather was perfect, so I’m happy with the day.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Friday Bacon Boyz 9.   This is one of the longer Execs and of course a LOT of water.  
Started strong Pared first 5 holes then #6 & 7 elbow pain hit hard and bogied both so just putted 8 & 9. 
This knee & elbow pain getting old.  Waiting on insurance to approve knee replacement for 1st of the year.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Played my first round since August. Shot 90 with many two-chips, three putts, and general rust. Better for the round though.

Cobra F9 9.5° (Hzrdus Yellow X)

Cobra Speedzone 15° (Tensei Blue X)

Srixon H85 19° (Hzrdus Black 85 6.0)

Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-PW (KBS $ Taper 120S)

Mizuno T20 51°, 55°, 59° (KBS $ Taper 120S)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 34"

Srixon ZStar

Son and I played with a couple friends in a scramble at Marengo Ridge yesterday.  This one was an eye opener.  We were not good.  Our buddy Mark bailed us out time and again, but the other three of us just couldn't get out of our own way.  There were a few instances where we had to take the best of four ugly chunks. 

When it became apparent that we wouldn't be doing any damage, the alcohol came out, which actually helped a bit, lol.  We finished tied for next-to-last with a +2 74.  Just couldn't get close enough on the green for decent birdie chances.  The two winning teams tied with a 58.

We didn't play great but we had a great time and are already looking forward to the next one!

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

4 hours ago, revkev said:

Had a buddies weekend to celebrate each of us turning 65 this year. Played great on Friday and shot 72 - best round of the year actually.

We played in a large charity scramble on Saturday - tons of fun - nice swag - we had a side bet with the pro at my buddies club - we needed to break 67 or make 7 birdies.

I hit a beautiful 5 wood on our first hole - a 190 yard par 3 to about 20 feet and bang first putter knocks it in. I hit a great drive to 100 out and a good wedge to 15 feet and boom second putter knocks it in. That was the last time that I was heard from for the next 9 holes - so frustrating - too much to drink the night before and they had some sort of booze give away on every other hole at this outing. But as a team we kept. 

Then as quickly as it left, I found it again, striped one down the middle on a par 5 and someone put it on the front edge - birdie to get to 6 under. Dogleg left around a pond and I flew some trees on the corner leaving us 70 in, wedge on, birdie. We used my drive on 6 of the last 7 holes. Shot a respectable 8 under after a lovely 6 hours on the course - went home and slept for three hours before the poker game….

That ended up with a double or nothing bet with the pro who played cards with us - our scramble team from the senior tees verses him from the men’s tees and he got to play two balls - but we got 3 call backs.  Match play

We closed him out on 15! 

Great weekend, good, bad and ugly golf, tons of fun. I’m up at 430 this morning because my body aches all over - I could use a recovery day but it’s back to work for me. 

The course we played the Saturday round on is one I haven’t played in a while. It really reminded me of how much distance you loose with age. They had everyone play from a set of tees shorter than I would normally have played from in former years. On most holes that meant we were driving it where I used to drive it from much farther back.

Oh well, at least I’m upright and can still play. 🙂

Sounds like a lot of fun!  Remember though, you are almost getting too old to have that much fun!!  Just wait another 10 years!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

While I have been able to get to the course to hit some pitch shots, I had not taken a full swing for a month before yesterday.  Hit a few on the range and it didn’t seem that bad.   Then I got in the course and it was terrible..  

8 FW, 2 GIR, 34 putts, 5 lost golf balls.  I didn’t add up the score until I was writing this and was surprised I broke 100;  ended up with a 97.  Overall,  it was a frustrating and mentally draining round.  I didn’t take the month break for any reasons other than I was out of town and rainy weather.  Part of me wants to get out,  practice and figure out what I need to do to improve and part of me is just done as I really didn’t miss playing that much.  Need to figure out a plan to work on my game and get myself back into gear.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

About five weeks ago, my hdcp reached 10, after having bounced between 7 and 8 for the last 7+ seasons.   Had several rather ugly rounds in the six weeks leading up to that. 

Since then, I've got eight rounds posted.  One 83, two 80s (amusingly, both this weekend), and everything else in the 70s, with a low of 77.  I feel a little better about this frustrating game.  LOL
(side note:  course par 71, rated 69.0/122 from tees I've been playing)

I'm still making mistakes that turn possible 76s into 79s, and all that fun, but it's better than the mid to upper 80s I'd shot entirely too often starting in August.

Also put my old set of Eye2+ in the bag, because I'm starting to hit the ball too low.  I'm not the satellite scraping player I was even just five years ago. 

Aging is not for the timid.

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

16 hours ago, cnosil said:

While I have been able to get to the course to hit some pitch shots, I had not taken a full swing for a month before yesterday.  Hit a few on the range and it didn’t seem that bad.   Then I got in the course and it was terrible..  

8 FW, 2 GIR, 34 putts, 5 lost golf balls.  I didn’t add up the score until I was writing this and was surprised I broke 100;  ended up with a 97.  Overall,  it was a frustrating and mentally draining round.  I didn’t take the month break for any reasons other than I was out of town and rainy weather.  Part of me wants to get out,  practice and figure out what I need to do to improve and part of me is just done as I really didn’t miss playing that much.  Need to figure out a plan to work on my game and get myself back into gear.  

I think this happens to all of us from time to time. Life has its ups and downs weird events like you’ve described occur and subtly, without even realizing it, there’s an impact on our desire to play.

I don’t know when your season ends - is there enough time to plan a round at a special course and then work towards playing it? That often kicks my desire for playing back into gear. 

Good luck 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Had a half-decent knock this weekend, betterball stableford playing with a 6HC.

I was best score on 10 holes and we ended up with 40 points. Putter was working well with five good 1-putts from about 8 feet and a couple of long putts that pulled up a couple of inches short 🙂 

Edited by DStar

:cobra-small: RADSpeed 9° Matrix Black Tie X-Flex 🐺 

:cobra-small: F9 3/4 Wood Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 

:mizuno-small:CLK 19° Hybrid Speeder Evo HB S 

:mizuno-small: MP54 4-PW Nippon Modus³ Tour 115 X

:titleist-small: SM8 50° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 54° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 58° K-Grind 

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 

:titelist-small: AVX & -ProV1X

:footjoy-small: Tour-X 

"Hey mister, your clubs are the wrong way round"..

54 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

We're finally beginning to settle in here in Florida. Last time I played was back in Ohio several weeks ago, today was the first time playing in Florida since last year.  The Bermuda fairways and greens took a bit of getting use to - but overall not a bad 88. 46 going out and 42 back in. This birdie on a 150 yd Par 3 helped the score. 

IMG_8507.jpg.9ddf9276fb07e8ab74775f17fe2f4e34.jpg

Recently punched & sanded?

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

6 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

Here is the video I made while testing the wonderful…

Edel EAS #4 putter

i was lucky to be making the video on the same day the putter caught fire, and I had my historic 23 putt day. A few of these putts are from off the green, so in my world, they don’t count as a putt, as they are shots that could have been taken with a wedge or whatever…

go check out the testing page for the Edel EAS putters, it’s pure money…

Fantastic putting performance!!  The Edel must have cemented its gamer status!  👏

Two observations....

1.  What are you doing with what looks like a down vest on when your location says SoCal and there are palm trees in view??

2.  Who was playing in front of you that didn't fix that ball mark 1' from the cup on the 4th hole?  

I'm noticing the ball mark after playing this past weekend at a high end course in OCMD where our foursome fixed between 10 - 20 ballmarks on every green.  The greens there were really scabbed up and did not putt true at all.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

53 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Fantastic putting performance!!  The Edel must have cemented its gamer status!  👏

“Adele” has been glued to my hands since I opened her box upon delivery. Easily the best putter I’ve ever used

Two observations....

1.  What are you doing with what looks like a down vest on when your location says SoCal and there are palm trees in view??

it was 48°!! Crack of dawn

2.  Who was playing in front of you that didn't fix that ball mark 1' from the cup on the 4th hole?  

right???  I was first out, so it was left-over from the day before. I fix millions of them, as well as empty 3-4 sand canisters every round. A few of us early birds fix a lot, as we play almost daily- the visitors seem to care very little about gouging our track

I'm noticing the ball mark after playing this past weekend at a high end course in OCMD where our foursome fixed between 10 - 20 ballmarks on every green.  The greens there were really scabbed up and did not putt true at all.

it’s pretty sad the way some people have no problem gouging the track, then leaving it for others to repair- 

a few years ago I saw a guy in a drunk 4-some behind me miss a short putt, then slam his putter into the green in disgust- needless to say we had some words and they did their best to repair the extensive damage- so many just have no respect

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

17 hours ago, Rickp said:

Recently punched & sanded?

Didn't see any punch marks but there was definitely sand on the green. They were pretty slow which took quite a bit of adjustment for me. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Haven’t been able to play in a couple of weeks so although it was only in high 40’s it was sure nice to get out there.  And played well on top of it.  A couple of holes got away from me and the greens had been sanded, had some squirrelly putts. Finishing up the year on a good note!

Kings Deer is more of a links style course than parkland.  There’s water that runs through the course so bump and run shots don’t really come into play much but otherwise it’s described as a links course.

Fun day, cannot wait to get out there again.

0991DD99-5E52-4A5E-BA9A-BE89D09E3E89.jpeg

Edited by toehold57

Had “Chamber of Commerce” South TX weather for a leisurely Sunday round with my dad. The green surface situation at our club this season has been like trying to putt through peanut butter and I’ve cycled through ~20 wands trying to find something that works without much success. With the temps dropping the past couple weeks and the Super subsequently dropping the mower reels, I have finally begun to roll in some proper putts with the old faithful Bobby Grace M5K-GT TC.

Less than stellar ball striking day (3/14 FWY, 15/18 GIR, 29 PUTTS) that included (6) birdies. Started out par, bogey, birdie and then made a very sloppy bogey on the short par 5 4th but the putter was showing definite signs of life. Bagged a fat turkey on 5/6/7 with 3 straight 30+ foot bombs (walked each dead in middle the last 10 feet). Played clean all the way to the house with a few clutch saves, missing only one green and adding 2 more birds on the back nine par 5s. The last on 18, a forty footer for a big bald bird that stopped dead on the left edge. Tap-in for 67 (-4) and my lowest round of the season by a stroke. Shot Scope had me making 172 feet on the moss… not too shabby. Got everything to the hole and only missed low side twice.

Basked in the glory of feeling temporary control over my golf game on Monday and then rolled out of bed Tuesday morning with a raging case of vertigo. To say that it’s been a humbling past few days would be an understatement. Looking like it may be awhile before I can secure an appt with an ENTS, so who knows when I’ll tee it up again. At least I didn’t post a stinker my last loop around the track but this situation seriously sux. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. I’m praying a little harder than usual for some give and yours would likewise be greatly appreciated. Adios for a bit (hopefully) muchachos.

PS - loved your Edel video @Sluggo42… despite it making me dizzy AF. That thing should be prefaced with a hurl warning for the equilibrium challenged 🤢

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

Shot 83/93 in our Fall two day tourney.  Not feeling particularly good about my game, I decided to play a different set of clubs just for giggles.  So my second set was: Wilson Triton driver, Bombtech 15* 3W, Exotics CBX119 4H, Hogan Ptx irons4-PW, Hogan Tkt 49/53/57* wedges and EVNROLL ER6 putter.

Shot 41 on Wednesday Night Shootout(9 holes at Heritage Isles) and Shot 45/44:89 today at Plantation Palms with 2 birdies, par 5 & par 4. Not bad for a set of clubs that I have not used in awhile.

The Wilson driver was awesome!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder