Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

My sign would read a little different.

" I play golf for a living. I just work a job so my company can pay me to take customers golfing."

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Had a bittersweet round yesterday. 

Played Aldeen Golf Club in Rockford for the first time.  It was gorgeous.  It was both the nicest and the most challenging course I've ever played.  Lots of hazards, and little hills line many of the fairways.  If you aren't accurate off the tee (raises hand), your second shot will be from a funky lie.  Greens have multiple tiers and generally aren't flat.  Weather was decent at first but got pretty chilly later.  After shooting +5 on hole one, I went +5 over the next eight holes.  On the back nine I had eight doubles and a triple.  Went 46/55 for a 101.  My driver was generally decent but errant. 

We all kind of fell apart on the back nine when it both turned colder and one buddy left at the turn.  He's apparently had the driver yips for a few years and this season I've watched as it bled into the rest of his game.  He wasn't hitting anything well today and he was getting more and more frustrated so he left.  He'd been thinking about giving up the game recently and I was thrilled when he invited us to join him at this course.  He's been a great source of advice and gave me a set of clubs and a bunch of balls when my son and I took up the game earlier this year.  I dont blame him stopping if the game is no longer fun, but I really hope he comes back next year, I really enjoy playing with him.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

8 hours ago, PMookie said:

The struggles continue. 81(41/40). I’m lost with driver swing… Just horrible. I didn’t hit a lot of greens because I was trying to recover from the rough, behind trees, etc. 

It must be that time of year because I found myself at the same place with my driver swing this weekend....completely lost it.  And as recently as last Monday I was swinging it great which makes it especially frustrating.  My putter has taken a vacation as well.  The rest of the clubs, especially the wedges, saved my score yesterday evening and today.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

1 hour ago, Shapotomous said:

It must be that time of year because I found myself at the same place with my driver swing this weekend....completely lost it.  And as recently as last Monday I was swinging it great which makes it especially frustrating.  My putter has taken a vacation as well.  The rest of the clubs, especially the wedges, saved my score yesterday evening and today.

Aggravating isn’t it?! The end of the year seems like it should be the time where everything has come together and isn’t even thought about anymore. Ugh. What a game we love!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

How did I play today??? Horrible, just horrible!  If I wasn't topping the ball, I hit if fat. The last time I played, two weeks ago, I hit the best game I ever have.  Today, not so much!  

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

17 hours ago, chisag said:

... Every day is an adventure ain't it? I wish they were all good adventures but not even true for Tiger.....

I know this is self inflicted swing angst from trying to get a better wrist set in my swing.  Doing videos for the Sub70 849 Pro driver review I noticed I was less than optimal with that part of my swing.  Made an adjustment that has translated to the irons pretty well but is very inconsistent with the driver swing.  I am out of sequence and really stuck with an over the top move to varying degrees.  It's crazy how it's only the driver swing.  Fairway woods, hybrids and irons are all fine....not that I'm complaining about that! 🙂

Edit to add.....I think its time to switch up putters for a round or two.  I have lost my feel with the Heppler Fetch and though I know its my fault not the putters, it may help to look at something different.  So I am going back to a vintage Ping Anser which is what I use to practice with at home.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

On 10/23/2021 at 5:06 PM, RickyBobby_PR said:

The shaft leaning forward is the problem especially on the tightly shaved areas. You are probably changing your height thru the ball, getting quick in transition and yank the handle which is going to lead to the chunked shots, standing up is going lead to blading it. More than likely missing rotation in your motion.

These are common mistakes many make.

Ball should be played slightly forward unless trying to hit a low shot then play it back. Phil says playing a ball in the middle means one is indecisive on the shot they want to hit. A good video. Also worth the cost to buy his use the bounce 2.0 series on rebellion golf

Agreed.  I had a reasonable short game before I came across Monte and Rebellion Golf.  For some reason I always played the ball a little forward of center for most shots.  The bump and run was not a shot that I commonly played, so I rarely had the ball behind center.

Monte's Use the Bounce 2.0 video showed me how and why to play this shot.  I became a better chipper when I rotated more and as Monte emphasizes, get your humerus (upper arm) over your lead foot after contact.  Made a world of difference!  In his video he tosses golf balls underhanded to spots on the green.  That motion is the same as basic chip motion shown here.  If you don't get your humerus forward, it's easy to chunk and blade the shot.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Agreed.  I had a reasonable short game before I came across Monte and Rebellion Golf.  For some reason I always played the ball a little forward of center for most shots.  The bump and run was not a shot that I commonly played, so I rarely had the ball behind center.

Monte's Use the Bounce 2.0 video showed me how and why to play this shot.  I became a better chipper when I rotated more and as Monte emphasizes, get your humerus (upper arm) over your lead foot after contact.  Made a world of difference!  In his video he tosses golf balls underhanded to spots on the green.  That motion is the same as basic chip motion shown here.  If you don't get your humerus forward, it's easy to chunk and blade the shot.

It was GGs training that got me to understanding the rotation part but montes use the bounce 2.0 solidified my partial shot wedge game. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

12 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

It was GGs training that got me to understanding the rotation part but montes use the bounce 2.0 solidified my partial shot wedge game. 

I keep meaning to pick that one up. I have the original from when it was still downloadable but not 2.0.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

40 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

I keep meaning to pick that one up. I have the original from when it was still downloadable but not 2.0.

It’s a lot better than the first one. He goes into bunkers and different shots

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

On 10/23/2021 at 8:31 PM, Rickp said:

So the K tape worked for you?

Not really, and it did not last 1 1/2 days…..

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Got the son to come out with me this morning and play the back nine at River Heights.  It was cold but sunny so it wasn't too bad.  I started out strongish and fell apart on the last few holes.  Couldn't putt to save my life; missed everything outside of two feet.  We had differing rounds but both finished with a 53.  I had 22 putts.  Playing in the cold, with really wet grass, meant that balls weren't traveling very far which we didn't adapt to very well.  I also learned (the hard way) that my shoes are not water-proof.  I didn't think about that when I bought them earlier this year but its definitely something I'll keep in mind when I buy my next pair!

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

17 minutes ago, JerryB said:

Got the son to come out with me this morning and play the back nine at River Heights.  It was cold but sunny so it wasn't too bad.  I started out strongish and fell apart on the last few holes.  Couldn't putt to save my life; missed everything outside of two feet.  We had differing rounds but both finished with a 53.  I had 22 putts.  Playing in the cold, with really wet grass, meant that balls weren't traveling very far which we didn't adapt to very well.  I also learned (the hard way) that my shoes are not water-proof.  I didn't think about that when I bought them earlier this year but its definitely something I'll keep in mind when I buy my next pair!

I find that having a single pair of shoes is difficult for keeping feet dry. If your shoes aren't waterproof, your feet will get wet on rainy days. If your shoes are waterproof, your feet will get wet (from sweat) on hot and sunny days. 🤷‍♂️

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS