Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

25 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I got nine holes in this evening after grocery shopping. My wife didn't sleep too good last night and decided to take a nap, so it was the perfect chance to head to the course.

I decided to move up a set of tees to have a chance to score well and the round started out good. I peppered a drive to leave an 81 shot approach shot into the green. Hit it a little thin and was over the back.  It took two chips to get it on the green and I two putted for a double. I'll not complain too much about that. 

I bogeyed the second and it looked like things were going to plan, then the wheels fell off. I went +21 over the next 5 holes with two nines and a ten. Nothing was working and five lost golf balls killed my round. 

The only thing I had going for me was the putter. I had two one putts and one three putt from 7 feet. I hit the first one 9 feet past the hole, came up short on the second, and tapped in. Other than that, I gained .83 strokes against my putting handicap of 17.

I shot 64 with 17 putts. My game has been a train wreck lately, it's frustrating. I've just got to keep plugging along at the swing changes I'm working on and hopefully by early next year, I'll see some progress. 

Don't be hard on yourself. You were doing great during the lessons, so you know you can do it. This time of year is hard to improve unless you are indoors. Colder weather and extra clothes makes it hard. Keep on plugging away, it will come. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

1 hour ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Don't be hard on yourself. You were doing great during the lessons, so you know you can do it. This time of year is hard to improve unless you are indoors. Colder weather and extra clothes makes it hard. Keep on plugging away, it will come. 

You're right, I need to learn to relax a bit more out on the course. I think that's what had me so frustrated, not that I was hitting the ball bad, it's that I let the mental game lapse.

I need to find a good golf psychology book and get the mind straight because I've developed a case of nerves over the ball when I'm on the course. 

Jekyll and Hyde round yesterday.  Doubled the second hole after having tree trouble, then finding the sand and biffing the 4 footer for bogey.  Made 20 footer for bird on par 5 4th.  Had a couple crazy up-and-downs, including one for bird on par 5 8th hole.  Finish the front even par.

Magic starts to dissappear on the back.  Par putt lips out on 10.  Par putt lips out on 12.  And we slam on the brakes as we are the fourth group on par 3 13th.  There was a group on #15 who were holding everything up, drunk and stupid.  

Sitting for 25 min wasn't too helpful, I guess.  Wound up doubling 13 and finished bogey bogey bogey for a 36-42 round of 78.  

What could have been.

Two things of note...  first, put my Golden Ram TW282 set in the bag.  I'd reshafted these with RIP Tour 115.  They were lovely, hit them pretty well, except for the hook 3 iron that led to double on #13.  

Second, strangely found a half club of extra distance yesterday.  I've been on my version of Brother Chisag's swing change the last few months, trying to shorten my swing.  I've got a John Daly length swing, every so often I try to fix that.  Yesterday, I dispensed with the fixing, went back to the "regular swing."  Unsure if that's the source of the distance, but I'll take it.

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

What started off as a chilly 46 degrees turned in a beautiful sunny and 60 degree day rather quickly. Teed off at 10 am. The first 3 holes I had on two layers of pull overs. I went Bogey, Bogey Par. Took off the outer layer and got on a par train through hole 11. Managed to sink two birdie putts on  holes 12 and 13. Went back on the par train and lipped out my birdie putt on 18. Shot an even par of 71.

When I lived up in the North East my minimum playing temperature was 40 degrees. Now that I have been in Tennessee for 16 years I think my minimum playing temperature is 50 degrees. I guess being a bit older and the blood getting thinner might have something to do with it. But sometimes the itch is to great to ignore. When the course calls you just have to comply!

1 hour ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

What started off as a chilly 46 degrees turned in a beautiful sunny and 60 degree day rather quickly. Teed off at 10 am. The first 3 holes I had on two layers of pull overs. I went Bogey, Bogey Par. Took off the outer layer and got on a par train through hole 11. Managed to sink two birdie putts on  holes 12 and 13. Went back on the par train and lipped out my birdie putt on 18. Shot an even par of 71.

When I lived up in the North East my minimum playing temperature was 40 degrees. Now that I have been in Tennessee for 16 years I think my minimum playing temperature is 50 degrees. I guess being a bit older and the blood getting thinner might have something to do with it. But sometimes the itch is to great to ignore. When the course calls you just have to comply!

I think the coldest I've ever gotten out was 34 degrees. A couple of friends and I had a tee time at Bear Trace at Harrison Bay and it was the first time I've played it. I'm really thankful for lightweight, warm thermals. It was still hard to move, but I didn't freeze.

Great round, Tom! That's the way to recover and post a great score. 

Shot a 96 today. Will take it given the crappy, cold, rainy weather.

Had a couple of penalties that hurt (one OB drive early on in the round and one water ball on a par 3 that would have been ok if it was like 2 feet longer). 

Score would have been lower if i could make some putts. I didn't putt poorly, but had a number of medium to long putts that missed the hole by a few inches. 

Also, played from the blues today. Sometimes play blues in the summer, but when its cold normally play members (mix of white and blue). 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

On 11/6/2021 at 6:48 PM, Kenny B said:

Got home yesterday after walking 9 holes and our next door neighbor came over, gave me their house key, and said that she had to take her husband to the ER.  He's not doing well after the Covid shot; been to the ER 4-5 times this summer.  The problem was that they were having wood flooring delivered.  She said she made a place in the entryway and they could stack it there.  I said OK, I'll let them in.  Uh Oh!  One guy showed up later with a truck and forklift and it's going to be left curbside.  It could rain, so I had him put it in our garage.  Then I hauled it 2 packages at a time in a wheelbarrow into their house.  Those packs are HEAVY!!  Took me 1.5 hours, but I needed to get them out because it's my wife's parking spot!

Long story to set up another YB excuse.  I could hardly walk this morning and every joint in my old body hurt like... #*&@

Played anyway in a 15-25 mph wind; temp 45-53º.  Shot 80, but had some bad chips and putts.  Only one birdie on the par 3 #15; normally a 9i... into the wind I hit a 7i to 4 feet.  

Thats the curse of the good samaritan right there!  The only thing missing is getting a hernia slogging the hardwood to the neighbors!    😂

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Another decent round on Friday, trying the new driver shaft & revised putter.

Shot an 87 (par 71 with 19 shots) and just felt pretty good. 5 pars, 9 +1, 2 +3, 1 +2 and a birdie. Missed the 1st 2 drives by a few yards but then hit 8 out of the next 10 so happy with the change from an S to XS shaft.

Putter was working great, rolling really nicely and impressed with the new Golfpride Tour SNSR Pro grip - really soft but great feel. Just left about 6 putts a little short but bang on line.

Edited by DStar

:cobra-small: RADSpeed 9° Matrix Black Tie X-Flex 🐺 

:cobra-small: F9 3/4 Wood Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 

:mizuno-small:CLK 19° Hybrid Speeder Evo HB S 

:mizuno-small: MP54 4-PW Nippon Modus³ Tour 115 X

:titleist-small: SM8 50° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 54° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 58° K-Grind 

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 

:titelist-small: AVX & -ProV1X

:footjoy-small: Tour-X 

"Hey mister, your clubs are the wrong way round"..

6 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Club Championship this weekend. It was a war of attrition. Hit the ball ok on Saturday didn't putt great but made a few big putts that mattered. Ended the first day tied for the lead. Sunday on the practice putting green I couldn't get the feel of my putter and knew the day would be a struggle. Hit the ball great except for 2 holes. Putted like a blind man. 3 3 putts and 38 total putts. Luckily I hit the ball better than everyone else and was able to sneak out a 1 shot victory. First club championship I have won since 1998!

Congratulations!

10 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Club Championship this weekend. It was a war of attrition. Hit the ball ok on Saturday didn't putt great but made a few big putts that mattered. Ended the first day tied for the lead. Sunday on the practice putting green I couldn't get the feel of my putter and knew the day would be a struggle. Hit the ball great except for 2 holes. Putted like a blind man. 3 3 putts and 38 total putts. Luckily I hit the ball better than everyone else and was able to sneak out a 1 shot victory. First club championship I have won since 1998!

Congrats Zipr!

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Got out to play yesterday as the weather is starting to turn here in Indiana, but was around mid 50's during the round so it was great.  Wind started to pick up a bit, but the downfall was the leaves made it impossible to find a couple balls that were only about 3/4 yards off the fairway and in no trouble.  I'm certainly not the straightest on a good day with my driver and was a bit off.  Was not mentally in the round for the day and thinking back to holes and shots, was much too hard on myself.  I played a decent round of golf and gave myself a lot of good chances at birdie.  Just not sure why I was going through the motions and not enjoying it as I usually would.

Score: 77 (2 birdies, 1 double)

FIR: 5

GIR: 12

Putts: 34 (Zero 3 putts)

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

33 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I was able to sneak out of work today a couple of hours early to get in a birthday round of golf. After starting the day off with temps in the 30's, it was around 70 by the time I teed off.

20211109_150955-01.jpeg.3a72987096dbdf533948ece6d89008a0.jpeg20211109_150959-01.jpeg.30912f9d5a0b31876d261b88451d4dbc.jpeg20211109_152621-01.jpeg.e03f6bc073018920ffb919c3919c668b.jpeg

I had the best round I've had in a long time. I played nine holes and carded a 50. My driver was solid, irons were good up until the last hole, and had another good round with the putter (2 one putts, 2 3 putts). 

My wedge game cost me today as I couldn't hit anything from 30-80 yards. I get in the habit of not rotating on these partial shots, leading to the dreaded s word. 

The swing change is starting to come around. I hit several good iron shots and a couple of fairway woods that just felt buttery.

The only negative thing happened after the round. I was going to park the cart and placed my right hand in the steering wheel....right on top of a yellow jacket. I didn't see it, but I sure felt it. I took a Benadryl once I got home and am starting to feel it trying to lull me to sleep. 

Nice way to come back after the last round. Keep at it. Happy Birthday as well! Hope you are having something good for your Birthday dinner.

4 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Nice way to come back after the last round. Keep at it. Happy Birthday as well! Hope you are having something good for your Birthday dinner.

My wife is cooking Pad Thai for dinner and we're planning on picking up some of the best Chinese food in town to celebrate this weekend. We always like getting food there on the birthday weekend and I'm looking forward to it. Thanks Tom!

10 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

My wife is cooking Pad Thai for dinner and we're planning on picking up some of the best Chinese food in town to celebrate this weekend. We always like getting food there on the birthday weekend and I'm looking forward to it. Thanks Tom!

I just finished cooking but now I want Chinese food.

Whoa Nellie I’m on a tear. I seem to have found the answer to fat hits, and it’s been good for like a month now. They punched and sanded greens on my track this week, but they used the 3/8”plugger, so they were actually filling prett well…

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

14 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

We came back to Ohio last Friday and I've been playing everyday since. Started out a bit rough (I only brought  my driver and putter from Fl. - I'm using my old W/S C300s which I left here.),  Every day was better then the previous day - yesterday I booked a 45 on the front and a 45 on the back. Today we had to start on the back - I was smoking with a 40.  Could I possible have my best ever round? No - I was  DENIED. I ended up with a 45 on the front for an 85. Still not to shabby but it could have been ....that early Christmas present. 

WT hell are you doing back? I thought you were gone until Christmas.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

28 minutes ago, MattF said:

WT hell are you doing back? I thought you were gone until Christmas.

Came back for my grandson's first birthday and decided to stay through Thanksgiving.. Headed back on black Friday and won't be back til May, Too darn cold here.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart