Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

The scramble tournament yesterday was absolutely perfect weather for mid-November... 55º and no wind.  Today it was 65º but wind was 25+ mph.  My swing is still in the making, and the wind tends to throw off my rhythm enough that I have some bad shots.  

So I moved up to the White senior tees.  Shot 41/36 with 3 birdies for a round of 77.  It was a worse day striking the ball, but I did putt a lot better than I did in the scramble.  Score could have been lower, but I had 3 power lip-outs!!  I even managed to par my nemesis hole #18 with an up and down from the greenside bunker.

My wife also had 3 birdies, all on the front nine, and she was thinking that this might be her chance to break 80.  However, we all know what happens when you think thoughts like that.  Her game fell apart on #12, and so did her attitude.  She did hit some great shots, but had too many mishits.  She is still getting used to her new PXG 0211 irons and wedges.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

I also didn't use the sledgehammer for the same reason, but I remember the tournament 2 years ago, and after I tried to putt with it, I couldn't putt with my putter the rest of the round.  It took an hour on the putting green the next day to forget that experience.

I didn't think about the negative side effects using that would have. 🤣 I could see you stepping up to a five footer and drilling it ten feet past. 

1 hour ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

The highlight was actually a hole in one by a guy on the other team.

That was seriously cool. As I recall, it lasered 179 to the flag, dead into the wind. Arccos claimed it was playing ~220. He must have landed in the rough just passed the bunker since the only ball mark was clearly made by a guy from our team. Other than my own HIO, I've never witnessed another until yesterday.

It was definitely cold, but I had a blast. The length of the round didn't even really bother me - it really didn't feel that long to me.

Screenshot_20211113-233353.jpg.6f218fe02dae1e9babaa71a809dfc781.jpg

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Had extended my 5 wood to driver length and went out to game it. Single length woods Lol

actually worked out well.  Every shot was a fade including my irons. For some reason I just could not draw the ball as well 

my wedge were off too.  I had to forward press for some reason for my timing. Something I normally don’t do   Notice I wasn’t shifting my weight properly this day I think the forward press keep my weight on the front foot 
went to range afterward. To correct it I have to setup the club shaft pointed just slightly ahead then set the grip rather when  I address the ball with grip already set 

Edited by Haro

Tuesday morning 48* 6 mph, just below the shorts temp.  Bacon Boyz Exec 9 on a longish course with water on all 9 holes…..swell.  1st 2 holes struggled with bad Tees shots and bogied both.  Woke up 2rd hole Par 4 with a Par.  Finished off with a few Pars and Bogie 9th.  Irons were OK after the 1st 2 holes.  I’m blaming the cold🤔.  Sun warmed things up pretty quickly!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 11/15/2021 at 3:32 PM, Gusset said:

Went out last Friday in the rain to play Three Rivers in Kelso with my visiting brother. We pretty much had the course to ourselves. Light to heavy rain non-stop until somewhere around the 15th. Temperature was around 60 degrees, so it was "only" wet, as opposed to cold and wet.

Shot 98.  😞  I suppose the conditions maybe played a role, but I'm not comfortable blaming the rampant slicing into trouble off the tee and a few thin and fat iron shots on the weather. On the bright side, my newly bagged Axis1 Umbra, along with a switch to a claw-style grip, felt really nice this first time out. Good direction control. Pretty good distance control, too, but frankly, slow/wet greens aren't a good test for that. Even so, though, my only 3-putt on the day was from ~40 feet on #17. First course impressions for this putter were good. We'll see how it holds up when I go out again this coming Saturday (should be dry).

All things considered, despite the slicing and near constant rain, we had a great time. We knew it would be wet, so it just sorta became part of the experience.

That is golf dedication .. playing in the rain by choice! 😉

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50 (Terra Forza White Shaft Testing)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

Wednesday Big Boy group played Front 9.  Shot a 39, 3 over Par.  Played best I have in a long time.  My Cart Partner said I only had 3 bad shots.  This is the more serious I play with, about as far from the Bacon Boyz as you can get.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

14 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

Played up in Monterey this week with the wife at a conference. The little muni there is outstanding. Shot really well, as my streak of good play continues. A neat addition to my suddenly superb iron play is my driver and fairway woods, which have been jumping on the train as well. And let’s not forget Adele… needless to say, yea baby! Also met a couple cats yesterday who were really cool, and really good players too. 058D7BC7-A847-429E-B4BE-7ADFD64ED73F.jpeg.c66799dac04f574ad566f2ff8d132b3d.jpeg1E78836B-7378-4B05-94E0-6A70688236EC.jpeg.a8b2c233da060ee40398c294bced70ce.jpegF9FD131C-CF78-4BA7-891A-E016A51B16C1.jpeg.8353d1b076847fdaf64eb3e915bf3ef0.jpeg721C0118-1656-4D56-805F-E6BC256FFF22.jpeg.e79e56a0efe795daf375fa077b4299ad.jpeg

I found, and still have in my collection, a ProV1 with Clint Eastwood's name on it while playing that course with my FIL some 25+ years ago.

1145533161_golfballs.png.51f3506aebe6b1552b5dba9ca39e917f.png

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

I found, and still have in my collection, a ProV1 with Clint Eastwood's name on it while playing that course with my FIL some 25+ years ago.

1145533161_golfballs.png.51f3506aebe6b1552b5dba9ca39e917f.png

The C5 ball is a Top Flite... right?  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

12 hours ago, Kenny B said:

The C5 ball is a Top Flite... right?  😂

Nope, it's a Slazenger.  I think that is a reflection of the cost overruns on that program... remember the $700 toilet seats?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)