TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

9 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

New invention called google earth helps with this...

Google Earth, GPS, yep, no doubt they’d all help, BUT, and I know you agree, we shouldn’t NEED those to hit a tee shot. Plus, I wasn’t walking back downhill 35 yards to the cart to go get my phone, then back uphill 35 yards. Nnnnnnope.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

14 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Of course you can always send us a pic of that hole from your Shotscope app 😄

Here it is…..Rev’s Drive…..

22019481-64E9-4D38-B962-63DEACDBD5B2.jpeg

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

33 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Holy moly, @revkev's Superspeed program is yielding some results!

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

11 hours ago, revkev said:

image.png.609ada25beb65bf2687c8b7a89ac1f35.pngHere you go

You Animal👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Tuesday early 9, 46* with 8-10 mph wind.  Froze our butts off!  Played poorly, in fact we all did.  All iron shots felt like I was hitting marbles.

Similar temps this morning so we are skipping golf and scheduled to play Friday Bacon Boyz.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

42 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Tuesday early 9, 46* with 8-10 mph wind.  Froze our butts off!  Played poorly, in fact we all did.  All iron shots felt like I was hitting marbles.

Similar temps this morning so we are skipping golf and scheduled to play Friday Bacon Boyz.  

Wuss!  We play all winter long, and if we didn't play in 46º with 8-10 mph... we wouldn't play all winter long!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

7 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Wuss!  We play all winter long, and if we didn't play in 46º with 8-10 mph... we wouldn't play all winter long!!

After living in FL for 10 years anything under 50* with over 5 mph wind is Antarctic weather.  A few guys never showed.

Rick

Left Hand, 

11 minutes ago, Rickp said:

After living in FL for 10 years anything under 50* with over 5 mph wind is Antarctic weather.  A few guys never showed.

Hell, after only 4 weeks here in AZ, we're finding evening/early mornings in the low 60's on the chilly side of things 🙂.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Work has been killing me over the past month but I finally got out and played on Sunday. Only the third round on my new PXG irons but I’m really hitting them well. Ended up shooting 48 on the front with a couple of wayward drives and then really turned it around with a 41 on the back for a nice 89.

good to see a score below 90 for a change. Hoping to be able to play a couple of rounds over the holiday weekend, weather here in Southeast Texas is absolutely perfect with temperatures in the mid 70s every day.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Obviously Tony and Rick missed a very important feature in the picture - the cart path - there's that little part that sticks out to the right side of the fairway - I hit a ball down the right rough line with a touch of draw - it hit the cart path and took off. 🙂

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

1 minute ago, revkev said:

Obviously Tony and Rick missed a very important feature in the picture - the cart path - there's that little part that sticks out to the right side of the fairway - I hit a ball down the right rough line with a touch of draw - it hit the cart path and took off. 🙂

The old adage was that there are no pictures on the scorecard; but I guess with today’s technology we are starting to get the picture that goes with the score.  Even with the picture it is still a 310 yard bomb!   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 minutes ago, revkev said:

I saw that line and the cart part. I didn't want to point it out and take away from the end result.  

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

4 hours ago, fozcycle said:

I think someone needs a pee test and some aiming fluid to keep off the cart path.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 hour ago, revkev said:

Several years ago at our old course, our pro held a "backwards" scramble tournament; put tee markers by the greens and played the course backwards.  That was interesting.  To hit from the #2 green to the #1 green he had to put the tees in the driving range and hit over a road.  The road turned 90º and ran parallel between the #1 and #2 holes.  The distance to the green was about 260y (if I remember correctly) to the elevated #1 green.  My wife teed off pulling her shot (maybe on purpose?); hit the road, bounced many times, and then off the road next to the green... pin high!  Her longest drive ever!!  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Shot 77 (39/38) at a course just outside Vicksburg, MS, called Clear Creek. It’s in a tiny little town, but it’s a fun course that is difficult to hit driver on due to very narrow fairways that are lined by oak trees! Decade’s 60 yard wide target does NOT apply anywhere on this course. Wind was blowing at about 15, so it made it even tougher to hit drives. Tabletop greens, so when I missed them I had short chips to the hole. Only hit 8 fairways and 7 greens, but had just 29 putts… Sky was clear, temp hit the 70s, so I had an enjoyable day.

Driver has been a little fadey lately… why does something always have to be goofy? Then of course if you decide to play that little fade, then it goes straight as an arrow…

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Shot 5 over 41 playing 9 this morning with my dad and brother. Very happy with that given the 37 degrees it was when we teed off. The cold helps me though, tend to shorten up the swing and club up which usually helps… maybe I should learn something from this 🧐🤔

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

5 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

Driver has been a little fadey lately… why does something always have to be goofy? Then of course if you decide to play that little fade, then it goes straight as an arrow…

I think it's one of those "rules of golf".  🤣

On 11/24/2021 at 10:29 AM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I saw that line and the cart part. I didn't want to point it out and take away from the end result.  

The guys here in Yuma call those "the senior highway"... and make it a point to aim for them. 🙂

Played golf today... or something somewhat similar... IDK.  Our course was closed so my wife and I went with another couple to our sister course across the Columbia River that is managed by the same company.  We get 50% any rate.  The course had a 10am shotgun start, so the employees could all leave after we were finished.  Nice!!

I got talked into playing the White tees, which are similar to our Blue tees... only 300 yards longer!!  Since both the husband and wife playing with us hit the ball further than I do, I think they thought a longer course would benefit them.  They thought wrong; as bad as it was, my short game is better than theirs.  I noticed today that the ball doesn't carry as far as it does when we play the course in the summer... duh!  The grass in the fairways was a little longer than ours, and the ground was softer, so less roll.

Shot 87 with two doubles and a lot of bogeys.  I knew it was going to be a looong day... meaning I'm hitting long clubs all day long.  Golf is not much fun when you only get to hit 5 irons all day.  My 4W, 2H and 4H got a workout, along with many, many wedge shots.  The grass on the greens is different than ours too.  I had good speed control, but never the correct line.  Tough day! 

I think my days of playing at 6300+ yards are over.

31 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

16 person 4 teams $10 buy-in…….my team came in first place……payout for 1st…..$12.50 per person.  Net winnings $2.50…..C’mon Man!

... If you win 558.6 more times you can buy new OEM irons. Only $1396.50 to go! 😜

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

13 hours ago, fozcycle said:

16 person 4 teams $10 buy-in…….my team came in first place……payout for 1st…..$12.50 per person.  Net winnings $2.50…..C’mon Man!

For my part, I shot a 44/46:90…..

Only slightly less than what Brooks & Bryson were playing for charity-wise!

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

On 11/25/2021 at 10:52 PM, Kenny B said:

Played golf today... or something somewhat similar... IDK.  Our course was closed so my wife and I went with another couple to our sister course across the Columbia River that is managed by the same company.  We get 50% any rate.  The course had a 10am shotgun start, so the employees could all leave after we were finished.  Nice!!

I got talked into playing the White tees, which are similar to our Blue tees... only 300 yards longer!!  Since both the husband and wife playing with us hit the ball further than I do, I think they thought a longer course would benefit them.  They thought wrong; as bad as it was, my short game is better than theirs.  I noticed today that the ball doesn't carry as far as it does when we play the course in the summer... duh!  The grass in the fairways was a little longer than ours, and the ground was softer, so less roll.

Shot 87 with two doubles and a lot of bogeys.  I knew it was going to be a looong day... meaning I'm hitting long clubs all day long.  Golf is not much fun when you only get to hit 5 irons all day.  My 4W, 2H and 4H got a workout, along with many, many wedge shots.  The grass on the greens is different than ours too.  I had good speed control, but never the correct line.  Tough day! 

I think my days of playing at 6300+ yards are over.

I lasted 6,000+ up to 3 years ago.  The guys just decided that it wasn’t fun playing from Those Tees.  
We’re all enjoying the shorter Tee boxes.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

17 hours ago, fozcycle said:

For my part, I shot a 44/46:90…..

Hey, look on the bright side Foz, using the new income thresholds, they won't be sending you a Form 1099 👍.

3 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Hey, look on the bright side Foz, using the new income thresholds, they won't be sending you a Form 1099 👍.

Yup, you have a point…..

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

78 (39/39), four birdies, a triple and a double. Ugh. Outside of two holes it was a very good round! Cold!!!! 50*, slight breeze, overcast, but we had the course to ourselves. Good day!

Bad front nine... good back nine!  45/38 for 83 at my home course back playing at 6000 yards again.  My driver was acting up again until hole #11, then it seemed normal, not sure what happened.

The good news is that I birdied #1 and #18; love making birdies on my nemesis hole #18!!  The bad news is that my swing took a holiday on the par 5 #5 hole... I took a 9.  I cannot recall ever making worse than triple on that hole, and that was probably when the wind was in my face blowing 20+ mph.  No wind today at all; not one shot out of those nine was any good.