Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

1 hour ago, BostonSal said:

SWMBO

She Who Must Be Obeyed

I've also seen it as TOWMBO, the first two words instead being "The One"

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

43/40 at Desert Hills yesterday.  Having had a handful of sub 80 rounds in recent weeks has me really focused on that goal.  Seeing my final tally begin with 7 is addictive 😊. My ability to do so is a fine line right now and seems to hinge primarily on a couple extra FIR's and avoiding those irritating 1-2 poorly struck shots.  Yesterdays off the tee misses weren't that errant but just happened to either have poor lies or trees that prevented straight at the pin aim points.  A couple feet this way or that way would have made a huge difference...  😐.  

Hole #11, par 5.  The large tree on the right is about 290 yards from the white tee.  We try and aim to the left side of the fairway to be clear of it and have an open second shot of ~200 yards to the uphill, slight dogleg right, green.  A poor drive usually requires a layup to the creek edge.  I hit my best (longest) drive of the round about 30 yards short of the tee and right on the edge of the rough.  

I should have just taken my lick and layed up, but I chose to try and lift a 5w around with a cut... catching a branch and dropping down under the canopy. I salvaged a bogie with a better than average 4i punch shot, but was sure thinking birdie walking off the tee.  

DH_Hole11.jpg.07432accc074ca8155350310dc52929d.jpg

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Our threesome came to hole number 6 yesterday full of great memories.  On Monday, D got a hole in One.  Our next round on Wednesday, K got a hole in one.  And yesterday...

none of us hit the green on our tee shots.  As a group, we played the hole three over.  Ah, back to normal.  

Friday Bacon Boyz 9.  7:00am, 48*, heavy fog and no wind.  
Had a decent morning, I guess not being able to see the Pin or the Flag helped.  Had a +3 with 1 bird.  Greens were recently punched with what looked like water jet and they rolled rather well.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Got out for a 55* degree day to a local course that I have played often in the past 15 years so I know it well. 

The key was that I did not get into any trouble off the tee or if I had a semi blind shot, i was able to make a great swing and put the ball on the green.  Similar numbers as usual in terms of fairways and greens, but felt a bit more in control of my game which surprised me due to the lack of play since late October.  My goal was to break par this year and I could have done it yesterday had it not been for 2 bogeys to finish.

Score: 72 +1 (2 birdies and 3 bogeys)

FIR: 6

GIR 12

Putts: 31

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

1 hour ago, CarlH said:

Finally able to get back out to play after weeks of packing and moving and then unpacking.  Played our new home course, Diamante Country Club in Hot Springs Village, AR.  Did not handle my wedges worth a flip and putting on unfamiliar greens left much to be desired, but did walk away with an 85.  Not within my expectations for my handicap but, to be fair, I haven't played much in the last 2 months and my back has been barking as a result of the moving.  But, I'm playing again, have met up with some good folks, and have signed up to join 3 groups so far (Wed, Fri, Sat.  During the off season, the course does 11 am shotgun starts and the men (as well as the ladies) have groups set up where you sign up if you want to play or not rather than forming your own foursome (which you can also do if you chose to do so).

It's a really nice course, with undulating terrain.  The Bermuda fairways are dormant currently, but the greens are fast and true.   The signature "Los Tres Diablos" holes (13,14, &15) is quite a test of 3 par 4 holes that require a good drive and an accurate second shot with a mid iron to the greens.  #18 is a great finishing par 5 hole and I have a great view of the tee boxes and fairway from our deck.  Life is good!

Glad to hear the move and restart went well for you Carl.  Your still on the hook however for the 2022 PNW Meet-up - so you might as well start working on that kitchen pass now. 😁

3 hours ago, CarlH said:

Finally able to get back out to play after weeks of packing and moving and then unpacking.  Played our new home course, Diamante Country Club in Hot Springs Village, AR.  Did not handle my wedges worth a flip and putting on unfamiliar greens left much to be desired, but did walk away with an 85.  Not within my expectations for my handicap but, to be fair, I haven't played much in the last 2 months and my back has been barking as a result of the moving.  But, I'm playing again, have met up with some good folks, and have signed up to join 3 groups so far (Wed, Fri, Sat.  During the off season, the course does 11 am shotgun starts and the men (as well as the ladies) have groups set up where you sign up if you want to play or not rather than forming your own foursome (which you can also do if you chose to do so).

It's a really nice course, with undulating terrain.  The Bermuda fairways are dormant currently, but the greens are fast and true.   The signature "Los Tres Diablos" holes (13,14, &15) is quite a test of 3 par 4 holes that require a good drive and an accurate second shot with a mid iron to the greens.  #18 is a great finishing par 5 hole and I have a great view of the tee boxes and fairway from our deck.  Life is good!

Pictures please!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

14 hours ago, chisag said:

... I have been fighting a nasty case of tendonitis in my right elbow and have not played for 10 days.

Kind of odd for this to flare up all of a sudden... have you been doing some other activity that might be responsible?  My forearm compression brace/wrap worked wonders even prior to my getting the composite iron shafts.  I'm not sure I need it anymore (probably just placebo at this point), but it feels strange playing without it and I don't want to go through that annoying pain. 

3 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Kind of odd for this to flare up all of a sudden... have you been doing some other activity that might be responsible?  My forearm compression brace/wrap worked wonders even prior to my getting the composite iron shafts.  I'm not sure I need it anymore (probably just placebo at this point), but it feels strange playing without it and I don't want to go through that annoying pain. 

I’m living with the elbow pain and doing the exercises.  The lack of feeling in 2 fingers is annoying but not painful. 
Orthopedic Doc said to eliminate all of this is surgery, nope not right now.  New knee first on list.

Rick

Left Hand, 

3 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

... Anything is possible. One of the problems with aging is a minor injury you pay little attention to can turn into something worse. Playing through pain was the way all athletes born in the 50/60's were raised and that might have been somewhat OK in my 20's but many of us know by experience it doesn't work once you get past 50. So it is possible I aggravated it in some way and then daily golf made it worse. It was hurting but manageable and then it seemed like one round too many increased the pain exponentially and I walked off after 11 holes, then took the 10 day break. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

47/45:92 today with terrific weather, 50* at tee time warmed up to 71*.  Still not playin* well but could not putt today.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I joined the Ladies group when they made the turn and walked the back nine with my wife's group which only had 3 players.  It's the easier nine holes to walk, and I was tired and sore... mostly from being old!

I am still playing my MacGregor VIP 1025M irons and hitting them well.  Shot 38 (+3) on a chilly 41º day.  I had left my 7i in my hitting bay, and I only needed to use it twice... both on par 3's!!!  Took a little off my 6i once and hit an 8i stinger on the other; GIR and par on both.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

41/42 at Mesa Del Sol yesterday.  This should have absolutely been another sub 80 round but I managed to blow it.  Putting for birdie on #9 from ~7 feet and walked away with a bogie 🙄.  I had two other great chances for birdie on the front and neither dropped.  Then, on #12, 4 putted 😬.  Granted, it was a really long putt just off the opposite side of the green, across the two tiers, and a sloped pin placement - but I was hacked at myself for missing so bad and opted to step in quickly and finish rather than mark and let the fire burn down 🤣.

But, on the plus side, I won 3/4 KP's and 13/18 wolf's... netting $3.30!

Exec 9 this morning, 55*, little foggy & no wind.  Shot a 4 over, no birds.  
It was like walking wounded with all of my 4some having some ailment or at least waiting on scheduled replacements.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I played yesterday at one of my locals.  I played... meh....  I just could not get my head in the game.  I was distracted with work and other assorted things going on.  I just hate when that happens.  I find it much like when you wake at 2 or 3 in the morning and cannot turn your mind off to go back to sleep.

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

53 minutes ago, Paul Hedrick said:

I played yesterday at one of my locals.  I played... meh....  I just could not get my head in the game.  I was distracted with work and other assorted things going on.  I just hate when that happens.  

I always had that problem in the company golf league. Run out the door from work, throw on some shorts and race to the first tee. No warm up and your mind is still solving work problems. Then to top it off your playing with people from work and conversations always somehow get back to work. It usually didn't make for a good round of golf. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Played in my first 2 Day Major for the US AM Tour down in the La Canetera Course, Palmer ( soon to be taken down to build house, shame its such a great course) and the Resort Course, in San Antonio, TX.
First day I was able to play to a solid 82 considering that I shank a 9 iron into the woods on the par 3 to take a 7, my only other in the score card and a improvable chip in on 18th. 
Second day with a 4 stroke lead was cruising along to start the round, when the weather change to 30-40mphs winds and cold winds. Then it was survival for everyone to make it to the club house in one piece. 

Game was ok, not spectacular but decent and didn't crumble under pressure of competition. 

Came out a victorious at the end , first day lead was huge and help to preserve the lead while I was leaking a little oil coming into the finish line.

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50 (Terra Forza White Shaft Testing)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

42 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Exec 9 this morning, 65* and HEAVY FOG.  We didn’t think they would let us out, could not see a green all morning. 
We all played great, don’t know how. 
Played 2 over with 2 Bogies and missed 2 make-able Birdies.
Hope we have more Fog tomorrow 👍

I've played in thick fog.  I think it makes you focus more, so not so many errant shots.  Nice round!

3 hours ago, Syks7 said:

Got a chance to play Braemar CC yesterday (West 9/ US Open 9) via a charity scramble for an organization I'm on the board of. 

Played with one buddy I play with regularly (9.5 index) and two random Architectural services reps we got paired with.  (Guessing 25+?).  It was a very good time and we carded a totally honest 68 together on a 70.3/130 course that none of us had seen before.  We got a little help from the other guys (gave them the first crack at the short birdies, because who doesn't like holing those out) but for the most part I think it was my buddy and I that put it together.  We didn't win because charity scramble  😄 (63...)  🤔 😅.   Not as egregious of a scramble score as I've seen but also not believable unless Brad Faxon was putting.  We also didn't use any of the purchase mulligans, though we did donate to purchase an eagle, which we then actually eagled via play.  Downhill Part 5 --  my drive to 220, my buddies 3 iron to 12 ft, and my putt.  🙂 

Play wise:

Off the tee:  I was inconsistent with driver, three wood, and hybrid.  The course is narrow, hilly, and technical and it was feast or famine.  Some of that is being highly aggressive one we had one in play but some of it is also just mishits.  I did manage to hit two of  the best intentional draws I've ever attempted: one with a 5 iron on a short uphill dogleg par 4 with a hill blocking any chance of cutting the corner and one with Driver on a severely sloping left to right fairway on a long par 4.  I was much better with my irons hitting 3 of the shots we used on the 4 par 3s.  

Long Irons:  Great off the tee, not as good off the fairway.  Not bad, but not as good as I would have liked.

Short Irons:  Stellar.  We probably used my 8 iron to 54 shots 75% of the time yesterday.  I was just dialed and seemed to also be able to shape at will to get it close on very difficult greens.  

Short wedges:  Pretty good but I only need to hit a short chip 3 or 4 times yesterday as we only had 3 bogies.  I did manage to get a lot of them pretty close though.

Putting:  I had an excellent day putting the highlights of which were a 41'-10" (We measured for closes to the pin) right to left uphill to downhill putt for birdie, the 12 footer for eagle, several long lags that helped us save par, and a couple more birdie putts.  I felt confident with it all day. I wish muni's could get closer to that speed it's so much easier to putt well when you're confident that the ball will stay on the line you putt it on without having to take a full swing.  

I know it was a charity scramble but I felt like my buddy and I would have carded decent rounds even if we'd been playing solo.  It was a blast and a great way to spend my 39th birthday.  

One of the widest fairways of the day...

PXL_20211206_220842205.jpg.c32ae008d215d865c4f6f5fb80b53e03.jpg

My approach

PXL_20211206_221553159.jpg.1b795d4f37af06b1a2d7788d13328531.jpg

The Tee that I sponsored

PXL_20211206_233712305.jpg.d57e4fcec76688b65e1ea16806c6e857.jpg

My buddy Rory and I after finishing our last hole.

PXL_20211207_000427292_MP.jpg.64f0d999b317e7bfb55ea4c59398e3f4.jpg

Nice job!!  And a great birthday present.  Congrats!!

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

I've played in thick fog.  I think it makes you focus more, so not so many errant shots.  Nice round!

Thanks,  definitely an interesting morning.  You could be right about “focus”.  I usually don’t get excited about Execs.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Don’t like to play this late in the season our course is sometimes closed for frost warning. But it was nice day and there many players out today. I have been practicing my new putting and chipping stroke and wanted to test it out   One three putt on the 2nd green but rest putting was was really good Made all my putts inside 10 feet and every lag putt was within 3 feet except for that 3 putt on 2nd green 
My tee ball sucked though.  Oh well 😔