TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

6 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Friday Bacon Boyz 9, still foggy but nice mid 60’s.  Driver still not happy but irons are OK. 
The King of the Bag right now is 5 Steelhead hybrid.  Saved me on both Par 4’s.  Ended up +5 with a nasty double that was just pure stupid, try to make a career fareway bunker shot and landed in the green side bunker.  OOPS.

Not bad to get to a greenside bunker from a fairway bunker.  We don't have very many fairway bunkers; only on a couple of par 5's and one par 4.  I'd be happy getting to a greenside bunker from any of them!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

5 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Not bad to get to a greenside bunker from a fairway bunker.  We don't have very many fairway bunkers; only on a couple of par 5's and one par 4.  I'd be happy getting to a greenside bunker from any of them!!

Thanks, it was a good try but definitely overreach with the 5 hybrid.  There’s also water that can come into play so at least I didn’t push it into the pond. 
Taking weekend off give my elbow some rest.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

8 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

It's SWMBO's birthday today and she is a bigger golf nut than me so we played 18.  Temp is warm for mid Dec at 59* but it was very windy...15mph at least for most of the day.  She is hitting the early birthday present G410 irons real well and shot a 79.  

For me two's were wild today but not on the scorecard...2 doubles, 2 bogeys and 2 birdies for a 76.  Putting stroke has made an appearance after taking 1-1/2 months off.  One of those doubles was a 4 putt because the wind blew the ball back to my feet twice after i hit an uphill 15'er.  Same thing happened on another hole but only once for a 3 putt.  Even with those I was still thrilled with my putting overall with 31 putts.

Shot / hole of the day was a pulled drive that the wind did not bring back ending up on the edge of a steep creek bed, had to swing left handed, 7 iron toe hit that moved the ball about 30 yards into the fairway and I nipped a wedge to about 5' and saved par by sinking the putt!  

It was a fun day...done in 2:54 since we jumped around a couple times to escape the slow play in front of us before circling back around to get those holes in.

First off, happy birthday to your wife and if she's a bigger golf nut than you, you got a good one.

That left handed 7 iron shot is hard to pull off and that's impressive! I'm glad the two of you were able to get out and enjoy the day together. 

50 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

It's SWMBO's birthday today and she is a bigger golf nut than me so we played 18.  Temp is warm for mid Dec at 59* but it was very windy...15mph at least for most of the day.  She is hitting the early birthday present G410 irons real well and shot a 79.  

For me two's were wild today but not on the scorecard...2 doubles, 2 bogeys and 2 birdies for a 76.  Putting stroke has made an appearance after taking 1-1/2 months off.  One of those doubles was a 4 putt because the wind blew the ball back to my feet twice after i hit an uphill 15'er.  Same thing happened on another hole but only once for a 3 putt.  Even with those I was still thrilled with my putting overall with 31 putts.

Shot / hole of the day was a pulled drive that the wind did not bring back ending up on the edge of a steep creek bed, had to swing left handed, 7 iron toe hit that moved the ball about 30 yards into the fairway and I nipped a wedge to about 5' and saved par by sinking the putt!  

It was a fun day...done in 2:54 since we jumped around a couple times to escape the slow play in front of us before circling back around to get those holes in.

Happy Birthday Mrs SWMBO!!👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

15 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

First off, happy birthday to your wife and if she's a bigger golf nut than you, you got a good one.

That left handed 7 iron shot is hard to pull off and that's impressive! I'm glad the two of you were able to get out and enjoy the day together. 

She is a nut - she'll will go out in temps that I would only ski in....but she drinks fireball and I don't!

On the LH swing, I was completely ready for a whiff and as surprised as anybody that the ball went the right direction!  I tried a couple practice swings and settled on gripping it cross handed.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

2 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

She is a nut - she'll will go out in temps that I would only ski in....but she drinks fireball and I don't!

On the LH swing, I was completely ready for a whiff and as surprised as anybody that the ball went the right direction!  I tried a couple practice swings and settled on gripping it cross handed.

Fireball is the approved energy source from the “Bacon Boyz”.  
I cannot even swing a club RH !!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

Fireball is the approved energy source from the “Bacon Boyz”.  
I cannot even swing a club RH !!!

There are times when I can't either!!  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

20 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

There are times when I can't either!!  😂

It happens wether RH or LH!

Rick

Left Hand, 

After the big wind yesterday, my wife and I had plans to play this morning.  At 9am it was still quite windy (15mph) for a 42º temperature, so we called and cancelled.  Around 1pm it had warmed up to a balmy 47º and the wind was down to 10-12mph and the sun came out... briefly.  So we headed to the course.  It's colder down by the river, but we decided to play anyway.  We opted for our push carts since it's easier to stay warm walking.  No warmup since we were burning daylight.  

I missed the 1st fairway (not unusual) but managed a wedge shot from the rough to the back of the green with a back pin.  Hard L2R breaking putt uphill and into the wind... 3-putt.  Arrrgh!  Fairway and tap-in par on #2.  Down the middle on #3 and an 8i into the green with a "Red" flag pin; nice shot straight at the pin... pin was in the middle of the green!!!  Couldn't get any more middle; came up short and no up and down!  Arrrgh!  I hit every fairway on the remaining holes and parred holes 4-9.  So, a +2 round of 39. My wife shot a very nice 42 after a birdie-par start.  We played in one hour and 40 minutes, managing to keep the foursome in 2 carts in sight and losing the 2-some in a cart behind us.

Bad weather moving in this week; rain tonight and all day tomorrow, the temps drop into the 20's at night with snow flurries likely.  Might not be able to play for awhile.

Christmas Goose comp on Saturday and shot my best ever score of 83 for 39 points playing with 15 shots 😃

Had 6 pars & 12 bogeys, really pleased to keep any DB's off the card and getting up & down was really good. Had 3 or 4 putts pull up just short and just missed to birdy putts that I should have really made. 

Driving was a bit off but I didn't try anything daft if I was out of position.

Really starting to see the benefit of the slightly more forgiving MP54 compared to the MP32's and taken another 0.9 off the handicap..

I won the comp by a point too 🏆

Edited by DStar

:cobra-small: RADSpeed 9° Matrix Black Tie X-Flex 🐺 

:cobra-small: F9 3/4 Wood Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 

:mizuno-small:CLK 19° Hybrid Speeder Evo HB S 

:mizuno-small: MP54 4-PW Nippon Modus³ Tour 115 X

:titleist-small: SM8 50° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 54° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 58° K-Grind 

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 

:titelist-small: AVX & -ProV1X

:footjoy-small: Tour-X 

"Hey mister, your clubs are the wrong way round"..

8 hours ago, DStar said:

Christmas Goose comp on Saturday and shot my best ever score of 83 for 39 points playing with 15 shots 😃

Had 6 pars & 12 bogeys, really pleased to keep any DB's off the card and getting up & down was really good. Had 3 or 4 putts pull up just short and just missed to birdy putts that I should have really made. 

Driving was a bit off but I didn't try anything daft if I was out of position.

Really starting to see the benefit of the slightly more forgiving MP54 compared to the MP32's and taken another 0.9 off the handicap..

I won the comp by a point too 🏆

Have you been using the putter you made and if you are how’s it playing?

Rick

Left Hand, 

30 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Have you been using the putter you made and if you are how’s it playing?

I have indeed. Really pleased with the performance, lines up great, rolls really well. I'm just lacking a little confidence to give the ball enough poke...will bode well for the summer when the greens speed up again.

:cobra-small: RADSpeed 9° Matrix Black Tie X-Flex 🐺 

:cobra-small: F9 3/4 Wood Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 

:mizuno-small:CLK 19° Hybrid Speeder Evo HB S 

:mizuno-small: MP54 4-PW Nippon Modus³ Tour 115 X

:titleist-small: SM8 50° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 54° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 58° K-Grind 

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 

:titelist-small: AVX & -ProV1X

:footjoy-small: Tour-X 

"Hey mister, your clubs are the wrong way round"..

1 hour ago, DStar said:

I have indeed. Really pleased with the performance, lines up great, rolls really well. I'm just lacking a little confidence to give the ball enough poke...will bode well for the summer when the greens speed up again.

That’s great! You did a nice job making it so enjoy it.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Shot 46/43:89 today with no birdies. Again, chipping hurt.  Putting was okay. 

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

On 12/13/2021 at 9:17 AM, DStar said:

I have indeed. Really pleased with the performance, lines up great, rolls really well. 

Sounds like it's time for that call to MGS staff and offer to send D-Star Putters to 4 testers 👍.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Monday & Tuesday 2 completely different Exec 9’s. 
Monday struggled with everything except pitch/chip game.  Unfortunately that was not enough to save a decent score, +6😱
Tuesday started 3 bogies then woke up and ball found the middle of club face.  2 Birds helped the cause for a +3.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Still in the 50s in Ohio and got out for 9 holes yesterday. I had a birdie, and overall played well, hit 6 greens. The birdie was a terrible drive I got away with having a clear shot to the green and hit my gap wedge to 8 inches. I have next week off, so maybe one more round before Christmas if the weather holds.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star