Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Was able to figure out a reason to travel to South Carolina for work and had enough time to get to play golf one of the days.  Played at True Blue for the first time and really enjoyed the course.  I was a single, but ended up playing with the foursome in front of me who were playing quickly and playing the same tees as me.  Had a great round minus about 4 bad shots over the whole day.   Hole of the day was the par 5 9th that I eagled.  Hit a great 2 hybrid from 237 into wind and had 8 feet and was able to make the putt.

Blue Tees - 6812 yardage (not much roll out on drives so played pretty long)

Score: 75 

FIR: 11/13

GIR: 11/18

Putts: 31

image.png.8a64f433f8c6e6eb575078c5c85ee6b2.png

image.png.d93ec2d5ff0a772381be2455890ed679.png

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

1 hour ago, juspoole said:

Was able to figure out a reason to travel to South Carolina for work and had enough time to get to play golf one of the days.  Played at True Blue for the first time and really enjoyed the course.  I was a single, but ended up playing with the foursome in front of me who were playing quickly and playing the same tees as me.  Had a great round minus about 4 bad shots over the whole day.   Hole of the day was the par 5 9th that I eagled.  Hit a great 2 hybrid from 237 into wind and had 8 feet and was able to make the putt.

That's a great round on that course for sure. From the blues it was a 72.6 rating and a 139 slope. So many waste areas I lost count.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Definitely on my list the next time my in-laws rent a place in Pawleys.  You played slightly down the road at Caledonia yet?  Another Strantz gem.

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0341 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:mizuno-small:  T7 55º @55/7  -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

Well done, True Blue always played long!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

18 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

That's a great round on that course for sure. From the blues it was a 72.6 rating and a 139 slope. So many waste areas I lost count

18 hours ago, Rickp said:

Well done, True Blue always played long!!

Thank you, it was a great day for sure - Besides one drive that put me behind a tree, I was hitting better than I ever have.  Also helped to join the group of members ahead of me for some insight to each hole.  Really fun round.

18 hours ago, Syks7 said:

Definitely on my list the next time my in-laws rent a place in Pawleys.  You played slightly down the road at Caledonia yet?  Another Strantz gem.

Not just yet, I had actually planned to play there instead, but they had a tournament going on.  Apparently it worked out for the best as the members I was playing with said they have recently lost 6 of the greens and it's not up to par with True Blue at the moment.

Also with my game off the tee, the tighter courses are usually tough for me.  Length usually is no issue, but keeping them straight off the tee can be a challenge at times.  Luckily I had it clicking the other day.  

True Blue will certainly be on my list if I'm back in the area.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

This will be a tale of two events, the first being a stag day least Wednesday, which was a true scramble. We didn’t win by a long shot, but we got an eagle and a closest to pin for a few bucks and balls. The interesting part was me buying a brand new sleeve of ProV1x’s. I NEVER play new balls as I’ve got so many that I find, I just play nice ones.

but here’s the interesting part. I hit so many long drives it was eerie. I mean 20-30 yards longer than a normal good drive. I have been longer of late with my “John Daly” swing, but dayum, these new balls were just flying. It’s making me rethink the whole “new balls” theory.

ok, second half of recent events. I just had my gall bladder removed on last Monday and so I’m obviously grounded. They’re telling me no lifting over 15 lbs for 4 weeks… anyways, fat chance I can wait that long to swing, but I guess I’ll let the pain be my guide. Has anyone else had a similar operation? And how long did it take to recover? They did it robotically with just the one cut in the belly button, so it’s supposed to be less traumatic…

anyways, this week has been terrible weather and cold as a witches …uh, well, and next week is 50% rain all week, so I may have picked the best possible time slot for it all anyways…

cheers y’all, 

sluggo

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

1 hour ago, Sluggo42 said:

ok, second half of recent events. I just had my gall bladder removed on last Monday and so I’m obviously grounded. They’re telling me no lifting over 15 lbs for 4 weeks… anyways, fat chance I can wait that long to swing, but I guess I’ll let the pain be my guide. Has anyone else had a similar operation? And how long did it take to recover? They did it robotically with just the one cut in the belly button, so it’s supposed to be less traumatic…

anyways, this week has been terrible weather and cold as a witches …uh, well, and next week is 50% rain all week, so I may have picked the best possible time slot for it all anyways…

cheers y’all, 

sluggo

If they went through your belly button then they probably used glue instead of stitches. The last thing you want to do is tear it open. The body is amazing at healing but it takes time. I had my spleen removed through the belly button and it did take four weeks before I could do a full swing without any pulling sensation. I was chipping and putting after about 2 weeks but I used one of those ball picker upper things on the end of the club because bending over to get the ball out of the cup was NOT GOOD! Before I could comfortably swing balls to the walls was probably in the neighborhood of 5 to 6 weeks. Be smart and take it one step at a time and gradually push yourself. Your body will tell you when enough is enough. Sometimes it's the sudden things that let you know " not yet". A sneeze, stepping in a depression you didn't see, a slight stumble from catching your foot on a mat or curb.

If it hurts stop. If you over do it, it will take that much longer to heal.  

26 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

If they went through your belly button then they probably used glue instead of stitches. The last thing you want to do is tear it open. The body is amazing at healing but it takes time. I had my spleen removed through the belly button and it did take four weeks before I could do a full swing without any pulling sensation. I was chipping and putting after about 2 weeks but I used one of those ball picker upper things on the end of the club because bending over to get the ball out of the cup was NOT GOOD! Before I could comfortably swing balls to the walls was probably in the neighborhood of 5 to 6 weeks. Be smart and take it one step at a time and gradually push yourself. Your body will tell you when enough is enough. Sometimes it's the sudden things that let you know " not yet". A sneeze, stepping in a depression you didn't see, a slight stumble from catching your foot on a mat or curb.

Exactly the same, belly button with glue…

for some reason, I was thinking a week or two.. duhhhh

thanks Tommy, that was what I needed to know. Not what I wanted, but I needed a dose of reality.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

36 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

... Sage advice. 👍  Those of us that played sports and in our younger years "fought through the pain" have learned the hard way that doesn't work past 50, and the older you get the more important it is. I probably could have avoided a frozen shoulder had I stopped when the pain started. Same with the tendonitis in my elbow right now. Fought through it for several rounds until the pain increased exponentially. After taking 10 days off I am in rehab now and fighting my way back but I probably could have avoided it altogether had I stopped and began rehab after the first 2 rounds when I knew it wasn't a one time event. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

3 hours ago, juspoole said:

Apparently it worked out for the best as the members I was playing with said they have recently lost 6 of the greens and it's not up to par with True Blue at the moment.

Also with my game off the tee, the tighter courses are usually tough for me.   

That's too bad about the greens, but I'm not super surprised, I was there in June and if you can believe it they were having a hard time with water.  It hadn't rained in months and they were legitimately having a small drought and the heat, even with the humidity, was baking everything. 

I think when you eventually play it (with your index) you won't have an issue. You're just going to have to be a lot more tactical off the tee.  Hazards that look like they 'might' be in play are very much closer than they appear  😆  I was lucky to walk away with an 89 (with three birdies)... 

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

Hybrids

Irons 

Wedges

Putter

Ball

55 minutes ago, Syks7 said:

That's too bad about the greens, but I'm not super surprised, I was there in June and if you can believe it they were having a hard time with water.  It hadn't rained in months and they were legitimately having a small drought and the heat, even with the humidity, was baking everything. 

I think when you eventually play it (with your index) you won't have an issue. You're just going to have to be a lot more tactical off the tee.  Hazards that look like they 'might' be in play are very much closer than they appear  😆  I was lucky to walk away with an 89 (with three birdies)... 

Caledonia is a very nice track and in great condition. Kind of pricey and the course is on the short side. Par 70 and 6526 from the tips. I think I paid $200 to play it last year.  My biggest issue was the dam ducks as tee markers (Pintail, Mallard, Wood Duck and Redhead). One duck looks like another to me. I must have hit from the wrong tees three times. 🤣 

6 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

My biggest issue was the dam ducks as tee markers (Pintail, Mallard, Wood Duck and Redhead). One duck looks like another to me. I must have hit from the wrong tees three times. 🤣 

No joke.  😀 There was much discussion and close examination of the ducks during our round.  Easy to figure out on holes where you could easily see all of them, not as much when the tee boxes were not as visible from each other.  

Driver

Woods

Hybrids

Irons 

Wedges

Putter

Ball

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... Sage advice. 👍  Those of us that played sports and in our younger years "fought through the pain" have learned the hard way that doesn't work past 50, and the older you get the more important it is. I probably could have avoided a frozen shoulder had I stopped when the pain started. Same with the tendonitis in my elbow right now. Fought through it for several rounds until the pain increased exponentially. After taking 10 days off I am in rehab now and fighting my way back but I probably could have avoided it altogether had I stopped and began rehab after the first 2 rounds when I knew it wasn't a one time event. 

Definitely great advice.  I still have problems backing off when a problem starts.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

6 hours ago, chisag said:

Yeah, you should have known better.  You are not a doctor, but you played one on TV!!  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Yeah, you should have known better.  You are not a doctor, but you played on on TV!!  😂

Have you not seen the commercials, Kenny!?  Playing one on TV is close enough! (probably)

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

6 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Yeah, you should have known better.  You are not a doctor, but you played one on TV!!  😂

Now that’s funny 😂

Rick

Left Hand, 

6 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

Have you not seen the commercials, Kenny!?  Playing one on TV is close enough! (probably)

Or staying in a Holiday Inn Express.

Don’t know why I went out out to course today. Wet and cold and playing on my own  felt stiff   Blaming the weather for poor distance. By the 6th hole I was finding my swing. The driver ball was carrying just as far as it was a hot sunny day. Funny how I was blaming the cold for my lack of distance. That’s what I get for playing 6 C (42F) lol

1 hour ago, Haro said:

Don’t know why I went out out to course today. Wet and cold and playing on my own  felt stiff   Blaming the weather for poor distance. By the 6th hole I was finding my swing. The driver ball was carrying just as far as it was a hot sunny day. Funny how I was blaming the cold for my lack of distance. That’s what I get for playing 6 C (42F) lol

I don't play in real cold too often (30'sF) but even in 40's & 50's i keep a hand warmer in my pocket and rotate golf balls between holes to keep them from getting too cold.  It may only be in my head but i play better with warm balls!  🤨

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Friday Bacon Boyz!!!!  Yea! 
Fog again, 63* @ 7:20 Tee Time and using Titleist Tour Soft….Yellow Balls👍
Switched out TS1 driver for the G410 and was a great move.  G410 was behaving well, straight and longer than TS1 has been lately. Irons also working well but Putter was winter dormant! 
Finished 9 holes +4.

Rick

Left Hand, 

8 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Friday Bacon Boyz!!!!  Yea! 
Fog again, 63* @ 7:20 Tee Time and using Titleist Tour Soft….Yellow Balls👍
Switched out TS1 driver for the G410 and was a great move.  G410 was behaving well, straight and longer than TS1 has been lately. Irons also working well but Putter was winter dormant! 
Finished 9 holes +4.

I just bought some Titleist Tour Soft Yellow Balls 👍 to play on these gray, cold days.  They were my goto winter balls last year, and I haven't found anything else that works as well.  Trying them out tomorrow in 41º temp tomorrow.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

I just bought some Titleist Tour Soft Yellow Balls 👍 to play on these gray, cold days.  They were my goto winter balls last year, and I haven't found anything else that works as well.  Trying them out tomorrow in 41º temp tomorrow.

I like them.  I only play Yellow because only color I can see/follow anymore 👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

I like them.  I only play Yellow because only color I can see/follow anymore 👍

I am going to have to try yellow.  I have a lot of trouble following the ball, especially in cloudy gray skies.  I know it's because I'm not wearing my glasses while playing.  I need them for distance but if i wear them it throws me way off when hitting the ball and when putting.  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

8 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

I am going to have to try yellow.  I have a lot of trouble following the ball, especially in cloudy gray skies.  I know it's because I'm not wearing my glasses while playing.  I need them for distance but if i wear them it throws me way off when hitting the ball and when putting.  

If you don't hit the ball very far like I do, they are easier to see.  🤣  

I quit wearing glasses for the same reason.  I can see white OK if it's a clear sunny day, but yellow is much better for cloudy days, and we get a lot of those days in Jan/Feb.

Played Ross Bridge in Birmingham yesterday, had a great deal going so took advantage. Was a little damp and misting rain first couple holes but around 70* so not that bad. 

Only got 16 in due to a cutoff time with family and the two groups in front of us being so slow, but played pretty well, was +11. Given the conditions and how tough the course is usually, I was happy with that. Finished it off with a 30 footer for birdie from off the green, so that’ll keep me coming back! 

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

14 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Well..... that didn't happen!!  Woke up to snow on the ground; probably melt off but I think I'm done playing until after Christmas.  Several inches of snow coming tomorrow night.