Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Our muni is closed today, but we were going to play anyway with another couple and the shop guy that was coming in to get us carts.  He was joining us after locking up.  30 minutes before we left the house, we got a call that everyone bailed.  It's sunny and 39º with a 15 mph wind... perfect!

We might head out a little later and walk 9 holes after it warms up to 43º.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Having heard about Ironwood GC from a handful of folks around the area but never having played it, I decided to give it a go a couple days ago.  It's a 9 hole "executive" style layout and, after 1300, $15 all you can play.  It's down in the older section of Yuma and surrounded by some rather interesting mobile home parks.  At the first tee, a hen chicken and her clutch were eating things in the grass and a rooster was somewhere behind the Oleanders doing what roosters do. 

Overall I would give it a 6/10.  The layout isn't too bad in that tee shots need to be accurate and several have tree groupings that, for those who have the distance and ball height to navigate, demand well struck shots.  Yardages on a few holes are perfect for 3w and 5w and a few others longer irons.  The greens are small and not cut to heights I'm use to - requiring way more energy than normal. But, for the price, I'd prefer to play 27-36 holes as opposed to hitting a $12 bucket of balls...  much better way of working on my game.  

A single ahead of me was playing two balls and he was following a threesome of ladies.  I also put two balls into play and managed to get in 29 holes before light began to fade.  When I went to leave, the gates were closed and it me caused a little panic 😬... until noticing the lock on the swing gate to the parking area was not latched.... phewww 🤣.  I'll likely try it again for one of those "feel like playing but don't feel like playing days".

Oh, yea, my score.  I only kept it in my head and had 3 birdies, 4 bogies, and two DB's... whatever that works out to be.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

The mid atlantic weather was very nice for late December with 55* and sunny skies.  A good bit of wind off the river made club selection a challenge at times.  A lot of other people had the same idea which slowed us up after 9 but we jumped around a couple holes and got in 15 before needing to head home.  I had an early stinking triple on a par 3 with a chunked tee ball into a penalty and chunked chip shot and 3 bogeys with the rest pars.  I didn't make a putt all day but felt like I was hitting them pretty well.  I like the feel of the set up adjustments I've been practicing and had good distance and line control with the putts.   

A recent thread got me thinking and I tracked approach shot distances and proximity to the hole today and on the 10 holes with a regular approach distance ranging from 80 to 180 yards I averaged 115 yards and 15'.  Wedge shots were getting up in the wind too much today and I wasn't happy with the inconsistent distance from the hole on those shots averaging 15' rather than the 10' I try for.  7,8 & 9 irons I averaged 15' also which is a little better than what I try for.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Lots of great golf around Indianapolis.  I've been lucky enough to play Purgatory (it rained on us too...), The Fort ( a LONG time ago) and Brickyard Crossing.  I have some work related peeps that are members at Country Club of Indianapolis, that's next on my list.  Hopefully in 2022! 

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

33 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Well, another beautiful December day for golf. Unfortunately, my right shoulder is simply deteriorating.  I am now at constant pain.  I shot a 50/47:97 today……really putting up big numbers.  I hate to say this, but I am now looking forward to surgery and 8 weeks of no golf.  I have two weeks left, or 5 rounds to go.

Don't play hurt Foz.  I know you really want to get out there; but speaking from experience with my TKR, when you play hurt you will introduce compensations in your swing that you will be trying to undo when you are healthy again.  Don't do it.

I would spend the last two weeks working on short game shots and putting, as long as it doesn't hurt to do so.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

18 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I wasn't aware there was such a thing as "rash of pars".  I thought pars were good; rash of bogeys I can understand.  If you were playing with the Bacon Boyz, I guess you could confuse the term with "rasher of bacon".  😂

Definitely confusing bacon!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

3 hours ago, Rickp said:

Beautiful Wednesday morning 65* sunny, 5-7 mph breeze.  No Bacon Boyz anywhere!!  

Maybe they are preparing for tomorrow...  National Bacon Day!!!  😃

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

I thought you were pulling our chain and checked.... yup we actually have national bacon day. 😲

NATIONAL BACON DAY - December 30, 2021 - National Today

1 minute ago, fixyurdivot said:

I thought you were pulling our chain and checked.... yup we actually have national bacon day. 😲

NATIONAL BACON DAY - December 30, 2021 - National Today

It's not that I would know that... Martha told me when I was reading @Rickp posts about the Bacon Boyz.

I guess I will make bacon and eggs for breakfast in the morning.

5 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

It's not that I would know that... Martha told me when I was reading @Rickp posts about the Bacon Boyz.

I guess I will make bacon and eggs for breakfast in the morning.

Over the decades, studies about the consumption of bacon have been anything but consistent.  For years my wife wouldn't buy any and I only ate it when ordering breakfast while eating out.  Then, the rescind parts of the study and say it's fine... all those years wasted 😐.  Absolutely everything tastes better with bacon.  

On 12/28/2021 at 10:38 PM, Kenny B said:

Don't play hurt Foz.  I know you really want to get out there; but speaking from experience with my TKR, when you play hurt you will introduce compensations in your swing that you will be trying to undo when you are healthy again.  Don't do it.

I would spend the last two weeks working on short game shots and putting, as long as it doesn't hurt to do so.

Thanks Kenny.  My short game is the problem right now, my flat stick has gone cold.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

2 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Thanks Kenny.  My short game is the problem right now, my flat stick has gone cold.

Well then... plenty of time to work on it!!  And maybe a shot of Wild Turkey? 🤔

14 hours ago, Kenny B said:

It’s a Major Holiday for a couple of the Boyz. 
But so is any type of “Alcohol Day”!!😱

Rick

Left Hand,