TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

17 minutes ago, cnosil said:

No photos of clubs under embargo.  I’d show you some of the new Ping putters but couldn’t take a picture of them, but will say they do feel great and roll the ball amazingly well.  😁

FIFY:   " ... but I will say they do feel great and I roll the ball amazingly well with them."  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

27 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

FIFY:   " ... but I will say they do feel great and I roll the ball amazingly well with them."  🤣

Point taken 😁.  At this point one if them is my favorite putter in the most wanted testing……yes putter testing has started too.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Played today and wasn’t half bad, or I guess it wasn’t half good either…

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

15 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

Played today and wasn’t half bad, or I guess it wasn’t half good either…

Sounds like you are halfway there. 

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Between playing a new course, shoulder injury a couple of weeks ago, and winter conditions on the turf, my game is in the tank.  Handicap has gone from 7.3 to 8.6 in the last month.  With a low of 6.8, my handicap will likely be restricted in no time.  Anyway, shot an 84 today.  2 birdies and a couple of throw up holes.  Really struggling with short pitches/chips and the tight lies.  I tend to be a bit steep and I know that I'm moving way more than I should be.  Although I work on it at the chipping practice area, I choke at the most inopportune time and hit fat, leading edge digs into the turf, and the ball pukes on itself far short of my intended landing area.  On the positive note, I made some stellar putts today.

OK....got that off my chest!!!!  Good chance to see some snow Saturday.  Gee thanks!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

15 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Between playing a new course, shoulder injury a couple of weeks ago, and winter conditions on the turf, my game is in the tank.  Handicap has gone from 7.3 to 8.6 in the last month.  With a low of 6.8, my handicap will likely be restricted in no time.  Anyway, shot an 84 today.  2 birdies and a couple of throw up holes.  Really struggling with short pitches/chips and the tight lies.  I tend to be a bit steep and I know that I'm moving way more than I should be.  Although I work on it at the chipping practice area, I choke at the most inopportune time and hit fat, leading edge digs into the turf, and the ball pukes on itself far short of my intended landing area.  On the positive note, I made some stellar putts today.

OK....got that off my chest!!!!  Good chance to see some snow Saturday.  Gee thanks!

When the snow melts you’ll be back ready to go!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, CarlH said:

😲   C'mon man!  I know you can do better than that!  

If it's your right shoulder, it sounds like maybe it's preventing you from not getting your humerus through the stroke to your left side as Monte says.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

10 hours ago, Kenny B said:

😲   C'mon man!  I know you can do better than that!  

If it's your right shoulder, it sounds like maybe it's preventing you from not getting your humerus through the stroke to your left side as Monte says.

Left deltoid.  But that was humorous  🙂 🙂  More likely that my brain is preventing me from executing the shot!  LOL

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

12 hours ago, Rickp said:

When the snow melts you’ll be back ready to go!!

Hopefully, we don't get that much from this winter storm moving through.

Old guys don’t bounce!!  Cold 46* had slippery bottom golf shoes, left knee which needs to be replaced gave out.  Trying to catch myself some ripped open my right Pinky finger and some minor scrapes on both hands .  
Im out for a while🙁

Rick

Left Hand, 

Just now, CarlH said:

Hopefully, we don't get that much from this winter storm moving through.

New England & East Coast don’t look good😱

Rick

Left Hand, 

Just now, Rickp said:

Old guys don’t bounce!!  Cold 46* had slippery bottom golf shoes, left knee which needs to be replaced gave out.  Trying to catch myself some ripped open my right Pinky finger and some minor scrapes on both hands .  
Im out for a while🙁

Stop doing that!  Had a buddy playing pickle ball tear his Achilles heel....he's out for awhile!  Us old guys gotta remember we're not the young stallions our minds try to convince us we are!

4 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Stop doing that!  Had a buddy playing pickle ball tear his Achilles heel....he's out for awhile!  Us old guys gotta remember we're not the young stallions our minds try to convince us we are!

I had a even worse morning when I got home, SWMBO not amused.

Rick

Left Hand, 

4 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I had a even worse morning when I got home, SWMBO not amused.

What did she want you to do that you are now unable to accomplish?

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

What did she want you to do that you are now unable to accomplish?

She afraid might be staying home for a few days 😱

Rick

Left Hand, 

Pretty much a repeat of yesterday.  83 that should have been lower if I could get my head out of my .....

39 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Pretty much a repeat of yesterday.  83 that should have been lower if I could get my head out of my .....

At least you're playing.  I thought our course would open tomorrow, but we had fog all day today and freezing fog coming in tonight.  

Just now, Kenny B said:

At least you're playing.  I thought our course would open tomorrow, but we had fog all day today and freezing fog coming in tonight.  

Yeah, the PNW got some weather.  We have a winter storm hitting tomorrow.  Shouldn't be too bad, though.  Might get an inch of snow at our location.  We should warm back up early next week.

I played in the 1st round of a 4 week Net Stableford 2 man tournament yesterday, 140 men, and 20 women with my Thursday travel league. We play one round at each of the 4 courses at Barefoot, which happens to be my home club down here. Yesterday we played the Norman course.

I didn’t do anything special, I shot an 88 from the whites, and scored 34 pts. My partner? despite a 26 handicap he shot  a 44(!!!)-52-96 from the Senior tees and had a terrific 39 points. That 73 point total was good enough to win our 12 team flight by 4 points, and we split $100.
They put aside a big portion of each weeks entry fee toward the final payout, but we’ll take it! 😜 This gives us a big leg up on the field, as each team gets to drop one round of the four at the end of the tournament. Not only do we have money in the bank, we also know we have one round we’re definitely keeping. 

Edited by Grand Stranded

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

Rough day today, shot 93 at Ballantrae. Course was soaked (even though it hasn’t rained in a week???) and greens were toughest I’ve played there. Hit 9/12 fairways (par 5 2nd they turned into a par 3 because it was so wet) but only hit 4 greens. Making good contact but not turning the club through it so I pushed a lot of balls. I also hit fairways but did not hit my drives as far as normal so I was hitting longer clubs into the green. Also had 4 3 putts whereas I usually average less than 1 per round. 

Tough day but still encouraged by making better contact, just gotta straighten it out a little bit with more consistency and my scores will drop. On the bright side my new Cleveland 56* wedge felt and played great. 

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

3 hours ago, CarlH said:

Yeah, the PNW got some weather.  We have a winter storm hitting tomorrow.  Shouldn't be too bad, though.  Might get an inch of snow at our location.  We should warm back up early next week.

It warms up here to 50º right after we leave for Palm Springs!  🤣

80 - 42/38 

9 GIRs, 4 FIRs, 1 birdie.

Played my home course. Perfect weather for walking, started in the mid 40s and ended mid 50s. Working on my off the tee game as hooks have creeped back in. Not swinging as hard to try and find that swing path again helped today. Approach shots were solid, missed 3 birdie chances within 15-20 ft. I did sink a birdie on the last to keep me coming back.

I played by myself today and got stuck behind 3 4 somes and a 4 some behind catching up to me every tee box. It was a mental grind to try and stay positive and focused on my game. Yeah I could hit an extra ball or two sometimes, but waiting on close to every shot no matter how slow you play will keep you from getting in a rhythm. Surprisingly, I looked on Arccos after and the round time was 3:58. So, not terrible, just felt super long.

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

Played 9 holes 43.  Really poor putting and chipping no excuses. Last few times on the course I just can not play a draw everything  fades   My refusal just let it go and play a high fade with my irons cost me some strokes.   I had some fantastic games in the summer dialing in pure draw type I iron shots to the pin.  I just. cannot do it now 

Since the forecast for today was a LOT of snow, I played a round of golf yesterday.  It was cold, very cold.  I was supposed to play with a friend, but he had to back out.  As it turns out I was the only person on the course that day.  Too funny,  Anyway, I played reasonable.  Not great, but not horrible either.

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

Woke up with back pain. Past two days Played 18 yesterday and hit 4 buckets of balls after not touching a club for three weeks I really overdid it. It was cold 8 C outside but there were lots of golfers as the course reopen after 2 weeks of snow melted and I was just to excited to go out and play.  
Watching too much instruction tips on increasing driver swing speed on my time off and felt like I pull some muscles torquing my spine the wrong way.  I going to rest the back and apply heat and massage treatments 

One thing about driving the ball is I can drive better if I just picture the apex of where I want the ball to start off and want to land as external cue as get ready to play the ball.  If I start doing internal cues thinking about two or more body part and positions in a swing that lasts 1 sec instead of where I want the ball to go I get into trouble. 
There nothing wrong with dissection the swing just do it on the driving range. 

Edited by Haro

38/41 at Las Barrancas today.  Great ball striking overall with two birdies and two doubles yielding another sub 80 round. It's great seeing a seven as the first number in my total 😍.  We played the copper tee 5600 yards and it actually felt a little on the short side as the wind was only 2-4 mph all the way around.  Last week I played the Quartz tee at 6300 yards and, with the 10+ mph wind, it was a grind.  Looks like the tee choice will be wind dependent at this course. Great company, and weather 👍.

#8 par 3 looking east to the Gila Mountain range.

Dave_Jeannie_LB_2022.jpg.fed9aba98ea02abcf0d79c4f7148a192.jpg

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

MLK day and 60 in Colorado means we get to sneak in a rare winter round.  There was some snow left over from the front that blew through on Friday but that was only in the shadows.  If the sun touches snow, the snow is gone in short order.  Had to be creative on a couple of tee boxes.

Played Patty Jewitt again.  Fast and firm with sanded, crappy greens but I’m out playing so who cares!

I think I’ve settled on a favorite score.  My last rounds have been 81, 81, 82, 82. Today?  82.  A double and a pair of three putts prevented me from reaching that next level.  Given that I haven’t played since mid-November, I’m happy with how I played.

image.png.9ded20938986fd5fbf229253614ec4fd.png

Edited by toehold57
Added screenshot

Shot a little better than half a$$ed. A cut seems to be becoming the normal thing now, I’m starting to play it successfully. Don’t know what happened to the draw… it’s a mystery

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes